• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Cartho

Just sent an invite request to the DestinyGAF club on Xbox. Gonna be hitting up the beta over the enxt few days and would love to play with some GAFers!

XBL: CarthOhNoes

Lee

Just sent an invite request to the DestinyGAF club on Xbox. Gonna be hitting up the beta over the enxt few days and would love to play with some GAFers!

XBL: CarthOhNoes

You're in. Feel free to add me although I won't get time to dive in until this weekend. Gamertag is Lee.

Ozone

The most important things I needed to know about Destiny 2 were if the Hunter melee felt good and if Cabal head explosions were still satisfying.

I can confirm both of these.

Dave_6

Said I wasn't going to but here I've been reading impressions in the OT. Now I'm even more hyped and stuck at work for 5 more hours.

Dez_

Only played the mission and the strike, no pvp yet. Gotta say, everything still feels really good to play. The game does look noticeably better. I'm enjoying this so far.

Won the first PVP match, then instantly got dropped into a second losing match, mercied less than 30 seconds after spawing. So, thats still an issue.

DFCcFBvXsAAGeWY.jpg:large

They take forever to charge, running through the strike I got to use it three times which seems a lot less than in D1.

Just noticed this too (probably because I was too focused on trying different weapons in the strike). Second time around I only got my super 3 times as well, which is just demeaning given that its gonna take some time getting used to but you can barely use it (and AFAIK, there doesnt seem to be a way to increase it in the game anymore).

Not feeling the change in loadout. Don't really get the point of having two pulse/auto rifles.

The visuals are pretty good and I kind of like how the enemies interact now.

Anyways, time to get some work done then I'll get back to it later this evening.

Strider

Number 1 issue for me so far is the lack of power. Primaries feel too weak in both PvE and PvP... Heavy ammo feels too rare...

Im coming away more positive than negative but these things really stick out to me. I wanna feel like a badass man... Instead I feel like I need to just curl up behind a shield.

Dez_

I'd like to try out the pulse rifle, but I haven't had one drop yet. So far in pvp, that starting auto rifle seems to be the most useful weapon for me. SMGs feel pretty interesting, and are surprisingly easier to use when hip firing. You can jump all over the place with that weapon.

Gameplay still feels nice. My favorite part so far has been in the story mission, as I was
holding off the waves of Cabal with Zavala; another guardian came through and started fending them off with us. I'm not sure if I read that there would be drop-in co-op like that and I just forgot about it, or if I somehow never heard, but it was pretty fucking cool.
Felt like I'd been waiting for that type of multiplayer ever since the original game was announced, really cool that they're making good on stuff like that.

Strider

I put it in the discord but I'll put it here too... Another thing I noticed is it feels like it takes ages to regen health in crucible.

My shortlist so far for PvP is:

- lower ttk
- slightly faster movespeed
- make health regen quicker (it did slip my mind and was pointed out to me that this might feel so poor because I was on hunter and also I didn't stat accordingly)

I like the focus on gunplay and the significant reduction in grenades and supers... But the game needs to feel quicker and have a better flow to it

Dez_

Personal issues I have with this beta mainly comes from all the special weapons and heavy weapons being moved to one slot. It's neat to have primary, side arms and smgs to mix and match with the first two spots, but I definitely enjoyed being able to run with special weapons like shotguns and snipers. The ammo for the power slot is incredibly rare as well. I rarely got to use the grenade launcher or sniper. Haven't been able to try anything else.

I'm sure this might be a level thing, but the cool downs in the game take too long to my liking. Being able to throw one grenade every 1-2 minutes feels a little limiting. Supers have been rare, and only show up at the end of the match. I am having fun with the beta though.

neoism

PVP is fun o/

The lack of grenade spam is glorious, I was constantly pressing it out of habit and finding it no where near charged.

lol yea shit straight takes a year to recharge...

4v4 is way better though and i thought id hate countdown but is really fun...

the strike seems reealy short but i guess time flies lol

pvp does feel different

also sprint speed is slow as shit feels like it goes into slowmo lol

Gunplay seems fine to me but apparently some don't think so.

I wonder how much of it is the weapon they are using or how long they have been away from Destiny. I had not played for 2 months and played so much overwatch. When I came back it was very very weird.

not that I am discounting anyone's opinion I am not.

rezn0r

the strike seems reealy short but i guess time flies lol

i felt this too, seemed short but i have a feeling lined up to a bunch of D1 strikes it's probably the same or even longer. i loved it though, for the first one we get to try.

i beat the mission and strike on all 3 classes, done for today i think (been online for 14 hours due to work though) - might play more during the week, well i mean of course I will, this is heroin... just trying not to lose my leveling up motivation for FF14...

KillLaCam

Banned
More competitive is fun to some people, including myself. I imagine some of the pubstomping personalities aren't too pleased at how much more difficult it is to be a one man army.
That's not why it's not fun to me. I was saying the competitive part as a good thing.

But 4v4 is just really slow and boring to me. Atleast for control

That's not why it's not fun to me. I was saying the competitive part as a good thing.

But 4v4 is just really slow and boring to me. Atleast for control

Can't say I feel the same about Control. I think the movement speed could be a bit faster but besides that I'm really enjoying the more methodical pace.

GhaleonEB

I went on at length about it in the Beta thread, but the gunplay and visual clarity both took a huge hit. PvE is just not as much fun to play because shooting guys is a fraction as enjoyable as it was in Destiny 1.

Gameplay still feels nice. My favorite part so far has been in the story mission, as I was
holding off the waves of Cabal with Zavala; another guardian came through and started fending them off with us. I'm not sure if I read that there would be drop-in co-op like that and I just forgot about it, or if I somehow never heard, but it was pretty fucking cool.
Felt like I'd been waiting for that type of multiplayer ever since the original game was announced, really cool that they're making good on stuff like that.

The game is doing some kind of automatic matchmaking when you get to that part which makes me wonder if this is going to happen throughout the SP/Campaign when the firefights really ramp up a bit. Notice as soon as it's over and you leave that area that those other players are gone?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've been in many 4 on 4s before. Rift in that is actually really fun.

I like everything I've seen so far. Guns don't feel much different to me other than enemies are bullet sponges.

So Sentinels are basically slightly different from relic users from D1. Same kind of feel.

void666

Banned
Playing through the story mission again. I'm loving the game.
I don't understand some of the complaints.

Edit: Destiny 2 beta just to be clear

XD_loud

Neo Member
Thought I'd dislike 4v4, but I love it.

You know, I kinda felt the same way, that there would be less chaos of people just everywhere and that it would be mostly camping. With 4V4 though it feels like you have to strategize more, which if you are solo could be kinda difficult.

If anyone is down to clown with some PvP later, feel free to send me an invite. it would be nice to try a coordinated team.

Top Bottom