• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I explored the Farm with my fiancee and we made a video out of it.

Like others have said, there wasn't that much to do, but I still liked it. I look forward to seeing it once it's filled with vendors and other things.

Also, I'm really glad the beta's been extended. I haven't gotten to play it that much yet, I've been busy. Still have yet to even try PVP.

Hedera

This is something the beta dousnt need
It really does though. Network wise. A lot of people, evidenced by the ongoing 800+ reply thread on the Bungie forums, can't complete the Homecoming mission because of an error that Bungie still doesn't have an explanation or solution for.

Now will they address this and other errors (like the one crashing PS4 pros for instance), don't know.

It really does though. Network wise. A lot of people, evidenced by the ongoing 800+ reply thread on the Bungie forums, can't complete the Homecoming mission because of an error that Bungie still doesn't have an explanation or solution for.

Now will they address this and other errors (like the one crashing PS4 pros for instance), don't know.
It was more tongue in cheek

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is Destiny 1 still worth putting time into at this point?? I have some friends who want me to hop on and play with them, but I'm still in Y1 gear.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yes, it won't take you long to get max LL these days - especially if you have friends who already play.

OK - I'm at 276 and trying to actually do the old story stuff I missed. I'll see how it goes.

Is there going to be any carryover from Destiny 1 to Destiny 2? Like even cosmetics or anything?

I'm really curious as to what the Armor Mods will be. Weapon Mods so far appear to be Element affinity. Which makes sense when you think about the lack of rng on the rolls. But Armor mods are still a mystery.

Will they reduce CDs? Alter skills? Increase elemental defense?

Probably my largest curiosity at the moment.

ramyeon

I'm really curious as to what the Armor Mods will be. Weapon Mods so far appear to be Element affinity. Which makes sense when you think about the lack of rng on the rolls. But Armor mods are still a mystery.

Weapons have a spot for both elemental mods and other mods.

Trakan

Well there's the few screenshots going around showing reduced grenade cooldown perks on armor. I think stuff like Inverse Shadow and something that regens health are givens.

Well there's the few screenshots going around showing reduced grenade cooldown perks on armor. I think stuff like Inverse Shadow and something that regens health are givens.

I've seen reduce melee and super ability perks on gear as well but I think (not 100% positive) you have to sacrifice the main Mobility, Resilience, or Recovery stat to choose it.

Lol it's like they don't even want people to play this game.

Just to be clear here I was talking about the reduction of cooldowns pertaining to melee, grenade, and super abilities in trade-off of say 1(?) Mobility, Resilience, or Recovery point.

So you select the main stat perk (Mobility, Resilience, or Recovery depending on the armor) or you select the cooldown bonus perk.

Destiny will never be the GOAT it was in year 1, fast paced / high mobility fun times are over. Teamshoot: The Game is Destiny PvP Now :(

In a way, I'm glad the Beta isn't all that great so my hype levels are at a minimum. I'm still getting the game and will grind when it releases but expectations are low. D1 Alpha/Beta and Year 1 Destiny > *. It's too bad they completely left that formula in the dust and nerfed everything to the ground.

The crazy part is, D2 has a lot of good going for it for PvP (No LiTC so far, no 1 shot abilities, low nade cooldowns, 4v4 with balanced maps and rotating spawns in Countdown) but the movement is still way too slow imo. Also, that fusion rifle should not 1-shot a titan smasher in his super LOL.

Trakan

Destiny will never be the GOAT it was in year 1, fast paced / high mobility fun times are over. Teamshoot: The Game is Destiny PvP Now :(

In a way, I'm glad the Beta isn't all that great so my hype levels are at a minimum. I'm still getting the game and will grind when it releases but expectations are low. D1 Alpha/Beta and Year 1 Destiny > *. It's too bad they completely left that formula in the dust and nerfed everything to the ground.

The crazy part is, D2 has a lot of good going for it for PvP (No LiTC so far, no 1 shot abilities, low nade cooldowns, 4v4 with balanced maps and rotating spawns in Countdown) but the movement is still way too slow imo. Also, that fusion rifle should not 1-shot a titan smasher in his super LOL.

I don't dislike the pvp in D2, but I also have no urge to play it. I thought I'd be playing the beta all week it was available, but I got tired of it pretty quickly. Y1 PVP was great and I played it religiously. I will still get the full game but my hype level is way down.

That fusion probably one shots a striker because it's arc.

chur

So is shoulder charge not a one hit kill anymore? I hit someone with it, they live, I die, then I get tbagged. Literally happened to me the last 4 times I used it.

I don't dislike the pvp in D2, but I also have no urge to play it. I thought I'd be playing the beta all week it was available, but I got tired of it pretty quickly. Y1 PVP was great and I played it religiously. I will still get the full game but my hype level is way down.

it 1 shots anybody anyways but yea pretty silly to 1 shot someone in their super haha. You have a 33% chance it'll do bonus damage >_<

-data-

This has got me so hyped. The amount of content at each location, the variety...I'm setting myself up to get burnt aren't I?

The fact that some stuff opens up after the main quest is great too.

Sod the summer, I want September to be here already.

If done right it'll be nice to have some mid-level activities to methodically work through each week. Hopefully there's a reason to keep doing them past the first round of each planet.

Ramirez

Destiny 2: Exploring Nessus' Lost Sectors, Public Events, and Adventures - IGN First https://youtu.be/C5QlGmv8-5c

Looks like there's going to be a ton of shit to do, awesome.

It's one map for each mode, and no progression to attain. It's not shocking to get bored after a few days of it.

Trakan

Looks like there's going to be a ton of shit to do, awesome.

It's one map for each mode, and no progression to attain. It's not shocking to get bored after a few days of it.

D1 beta for the most part was 1 map and 1 mode and I played the hell out of it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Longer charges and everything isn't automatically going to make you better in d2 PvP like some of these people seem to think. You'll still lose to better players than you in d1.

Trakan

Finally, some great PVE news.

But we also got 2 patrol areas as well in D1 beta.

I'm talking strictly about PVP.

It was a completely new game, and the leveling/loot system was active. You're fooling yourself if you think that didn't play a major role in it.

It was level capped at 8 and you could get greens. You're fooling yourself if you think that kept me playing. It was how PVP played.

chur

If you're not going to make shoulder charge a one hit kill at least give me a shield for doing it. I'm just running into my death.

Deku Tree

Double primaries is gonna be fantastic for doing DPS on raid bosses. /s

Can’t wait to lose all my ammo switching between sniper and rocket launcher.

Hey yall. So I had deleted the beta cause I thought it ended last night only to discover it had been extended. So I reinstalled, and this time I was at my PS4 and saw all this amazing art during the install screen. I captured my favorite pictures at 4k on my PS4 Pro then cropped out the concept art and downscaled/cropped to 1080p. This art is just amazing.

35976926262_2e0a5de040_o.png

36144355295_a452b57e0b_o.png

35753514200_f0b2b44ecd_o.png

Here's the rest. https://flic.kr/s/aHsm1hQR6V

darthbob

Hey yall. So I had deleted the beta cause I thought it ended last night only to discover it had been extended. So I reinstalled, and this time I was at my PS4 and saw all this amazing art during the install screen. I captured my favorite pictures at 4k on my PS4 Pro then cropped out the concept art and downscaled/cropped to 1080p. This art is just amazing.

35976926262_2e0a5de040_o.png

36144355295_a452b57e0b_o.png

35753514200_f0b2b44ecd_o.png

Here's the rest. https://flic.kr/s/aHsm1hQR6V

Thanks for this.

Loving that middle one, looks like some sort of Hive necropolis. The(a) Traveler appears to be part of the statue in focus. Interesting.

Top one looks like some sort of Cabal world harvester/eater. I can't imagine this actually being in the game, guessing it was a concept that got spun off into this star sucker. Cool shit.

Bottom image could be Enceladus, although Saturn likely has many ice moons. Ships trapped in the ice would seem to indicate a liquid form in the past. Love this type of art so much, makes me imagine vivid possibilities in the games.

Kalamari

I think it's fair to say that Destiny pvp was a polarizing topic in Destiny 1 and continues to be so in Destiny 2.

But really, it's a beta, things are gonna change, most likely for the better.

I think it's fair to say that Destiny pvp was a polarizing topic in Destiny 1 and continues to be so in Destiny 2.

But really, it's a beta, things are gonna change, most likely for the better.

My biggest concern with the whole thing so far is that movement feels slower than D1, and the TTK should be faster.

Also, Dawnblade feels meh right now, at least for PvP. Being up in the air makes you a huge target, the splash on the attack seems very minimal, and the duration seems very short compared to Arcstrider or Striker.

Either way, will be buying the game day 1. PvE is my main go-to, and I have high hopes for the story/strikes/raid.

Top Bottom