• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I posted in the OT thread a while back but just realized I don't think I ever actually mentioned here; JohnOfMars will be creating the Destiny 2 OT (with help from various members of the community). He will do a great job.

Can't believe it's finally happening. 4v4 PVP be damned! I'm still excited.

Trakan

Who wants old shitty exotics to return in D2?

9WVesxn.jpg

Not even surprised.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's Bungie. Vets would know this. Expect a lot more stuff from D1 making an appearance. Wouldn't doubt it if all the exotics made it back eventually.

ramyeon

I don't mind some exotics from D1 reappearing. I imagine they've been reworked as well so may not be shitty this time around.

I don't even know what I'm looking at in those photos. I can't tell what weapons they are.

A Bad Juju looking weapon, maybe? Other than that I have no idea.

That said, folks are kidding themselves if they don't think there will be "Exotics" with similar perks/functions to existing ones.

Edit: I see now, the Titan helmet and the Warlock chest/robes/whatever. I'm guessing these are just visually similar and may not even be Exotics if indeed this is what we are supposed to be looking at in those pictures.

Mindlog

What Kadey, nooo?!

'F''F''F''F''F''F''F''F''F''F''F''F''F''F''F''F'
Has anyone had this happen before?

The nect mission should be there in purple, but I cannot select it!
Many times. For me it turned out to be either I needed to talk to another NPC or the mission was actually in another area.

Build a new PC for Destiny played the beta but stayed off the radar. I come into the Destiny Community thread and bam Kadey is banned... What happened?

On a lighter note. It has been ages since I came into this thread it is good to see the same names and people still kicking around. I cannot wait to see you all on the other side once the new game hits.

Mengetsu

So this UK site that will be selling Official Destiny 2 Merchandise has something interesting.

Destiny 2 Faction Fridge Magnets

Features 4 factions from Destiny 2 (New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Red Legion and Future War Cult)
Which Destiny 2 faction do you belong to? Choose exactly where you fit with our unique selection of four colourful magnets – combining reds, yellows, whites and blacks.

Maybe you’ve pledged your allegiance to Dead Orbit – and you have to let everybody know about it! If not, New Monarchy, Red Legion or Future War Cult are all waiting to be represented too. Show your Destiny 2 pride!

yEm5yW0.png

Link: http://www.numskull.co.uk/destiny-2-faction-fridge-magnets/

New Faction confirmed?

So this UK site that will be selling Official Destiny 2 Merchandise has something interesting.

Destiny 2 Faction Fridge Magnets

Features 4 factions from Destiny 2 (New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Red Legion and Future War Cult)
Which Destiny 2 faction do you belong to? Choose exactly where you fit with our unique selection of four colourful magnets – combining reds, yellows, whites and blacks.

Maybe you've pledged your allegiance to Dead Orbit – and you have to let everybody know about it! If not, New Monarchy, Red Legion or Future War Cult are all waiting to be represented too. Show your Destiny 2 pride!

yEm5yW0.png

Link: http://www.numskull.co.uk/destiny-2-faction-fridge-magnets/

New Faction confirmed?

The last one is just the "Cabal" icon/emblem, I think.

Edit: Oh wow, it even says "Red Legion" in the description, so it's definitely Cabal which was featured prominently on their ships and whatnot in the Beta.

The last one is just the "Cabal" icon/emblem, I think.

Edit: Oh wow, it even says "Red Legion" in the description, so it's definitely Cabal which was featured prominently on their ships and whatnot in the Beta.

Red Legion faction would be insane awesome. But those are the jerks that took our giant space ping pong ball away.

Stratn

Just wanted to come in and ask if anyone was going to help with trials carries this weekend? This is the last weekend for trials, and Im a year 1 player who has never seen this glorious place, and would love to take a shot at it.

Good luck to all guardians who are hopeful light house seekers.

LTWood12

God bless you Kadey. The Trains whistle will sound silently over the coming days, but we will still hear the call from our Vitas.

Lee

Xbox Guardians on GAF never really had a home. I'd definitely like to bring those that are serious about D2 on board. I don't want to have a clan with 1,000 members but anyone here who wants to team up and play together long term would be welcome.

Thanks for the post. I've been around since the beginning on the Xbox side and have been in a few groups but, as with all things, people move on. Meanwhile on GAF I chatted with the PS4 players for years and they always kept it together. I ended up buying a PS4 and couldn't be more excited for D2.

At the same time I'm tied to Xbox by a few friends, family, and my gamertag, so I was looking to (once again) attempt to create a sense of community and a group to play with on the green side of the divide. We have the DestinyGAF club on Xbox here, as well as the DestinyGAF Xbox group/clan on Bungie.net here.

At the end of the day there is only room for 100 people per clan in D2. It looks like Progenitor has 14 clanmates - when converted to a D2 clan, the other 49 non-clan members will be removed from the group, as the group no longer exists, only the clan. FYI. The DestinyGAF Xbox clan had a dozen or so inactive members so I removed them and we're sitting at a sad 6 clan members, the other 30 will be removed during conversion.

If you want to take the helm in the new D2 OT when it drops and recruit people for Progenitor, I'm happy to step aside and let you do that. I don't see the need for two DGAF Xbox clans unless we break that 100 player cap with dedicated folks. I hope we do, but the D2 hype on GAF feels a lot more mellow vs D1. Alternatively, if you guys want to merge clans I'm fine with that. FrsDvl is passing founder-ship of the DGAF clan over to me during conversion but if you want to take that mantle I'd be happy to let you. Alternatively if you want to take the name DestinyGAF Xbox that would work. Or just keep going as Progenitor. Whatever's clever.

At any rate, I hope to see the Club continue to grow, as the built in Club & LFG features on Xbox are only getting better. I'm happy to join a clan, rather than lead one, but I hope to find some people to play with on the Xbox side this time around. That's the main goal.

Nodnol

I actually welcome returning exotics, if only from a lore perspective.

The best way Bungie can mitigate against the "drawbacks" of set roll weapons and the new weapon slots is to introduce a fuck ton of legendaries and a boat load of exotics. Loads of old, loads more of new. We need a meta that encourages variety and tailoring to your specific playstyle!

iFirez

Slightly odd question, probably for someone with a better memory than me...

What time did servers go live for Destiny 1 on launch day?

I vaguely remember them all going live at the same time world wide, which was 8am in the UK -- not Midnight... can anyone recall back to September 2014 when the game launched? (8am UK time would have been midnight in (GMT-7) Bellevue, Washington)

I'm asking this because I was thinking about when Destiny 2 servers may go live, I wonder if it will be a similar situation where even people in counties where it has passed Midnight can't play until Bungie toggle the switch at midnight their time.

There's also a possibility of Bungie/Activision having already mentioned their planned launch times but maybe we're too far out for specifics like that.

deviant1

I vaguely remember them all going live at the same time world wide, which was 8am in the UK -- not Midnight... can anyone recall back to September 2014 when the game launched? (8am UK time would have been midnight in (GMT-7) Bellevue, Washington)

I'm asking this because I was thinking about when Destiny 2 servers may go live, I wonder if it will be a similar situation where even people in counties where it has passed Midnight can't play until Bungie toggle the switch at midnight their time.

There's also a possibility of Bungie/Activision having already mentioned their planned launch times but maybe we're too far out for specifics like that.

According to Amazon's digital preorder it goes live 12AM PST on September 6th.

jmartoine

Pretty sure they were live at midnight UK time, I watched a few friends stream the opening few missions as I had to wait until the morning to pick up my physical copy.

iFirez

Pretty sure they were live at midnight UK time, I watched a few friends stream the opening few missions as I had to wait until the morning to pick up my physical copy.

Ah really, I must be misremembering it with a different launch of an online game. It's why I prefaced that with the fact that someone with a better memory than me will probably have better facts than me.

I guess we'll know for sure nearer the time, I was just trying to figure out if I should stay up late to play if it launches at Midnight (UK Time) and I've taken 3 days off work too then the weekend so... 5 days of non-stop Destiny 2 Bliss!

broony

D1 went live in the U.K. At midnight, same thing is happening this time.

Destiny went live at 3:00 AM EST in the States. It is literally one of the last games that didn't launch at 12:01 AM EST. I'm pretty sure all the major expansions launched at 12:01 AM EST, however. So, with that, I'm going to say Destiny 2 will absolutely launch at 12:01 AM EST, although with their weird Wednesday release (originally supposed to be Friday) who knows for sure.

Lee

Destiny 2 OT title suggestions. Let's get some ideas out there for JohnOfMars.

Destiny 2 |OT| Whether we wanted it or not

GutZ31

Destiny 2 OT title suggestions. Let's get some ideas out there for JohnOfMars.

Destiny 2 |OT| Whether we wanted it or not

Destiny 2 |OT| This Little Light of Mine

Destiny 2 |OT| Back to the Future II

Destiny 2 |OT| Paul McCartney's Greatest Hits

Destiny 2 |OT| All My Friends Are Heathens

Destiny 2 |OT| Cabal Me Crazy

Destiny 2 |OT| Jigga Man, The Only True Psion

Destiny 2 |OT| How Many Guardians Does It Take To Raid A Traveler

Destiny 2 |OT| Out With The Old, Reuse All The Old

Destiny 2 |OT| So New, They Put A 2 In Front Of It

Destiny 2 |OT| Gary's Reckoning

Destiny 2 |OT| Gary's Mod