• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Xanathus

You're looking for this in your bungie.net account linking settings. Has to be enabled.

grd4IRM.png

Late reply but this works for me. Thanks!

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/24/destiny-2-gameplay-preview/
In a lot of ways, Destiny 2 feels more streamlined than the original. The open-world mechanic makes it easier to decide what you're going to do next, and the way players intermingle in that online environment makes shared-world interactions feel more natural. It culminates in an experience that's one step closer to a traditional MMO game without losing what makes Destiny feel unique.

For the past three years, I dismissed Destiny without hesitation. I still see the original game as a muddled mess of bad narrative, dull gameplay and unnecessarily obtuse structure -- which makes my fondness for its sequel all the more impressive. In Destiny 2, Bungie has created a game that builds upon the strengths that attracted the original game's dedicated fan base, while somehow excising the tedious elements that drove players like me away. If, like me, you just couldn't get into the company's first shared-shooter, consider giving its second one a look. As near as I can tell, Destiny wasn't the amazing shared-world space opera I've been hearing about since 2014 -- but its sequel might be.
Good article

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
FYI if anyone is torn between all the delicious clan options- Sherpas Under Duress (SPUD) is the de facto evolution of the School of Hawk from D1 and will be the banner under which I run newbie raids in D2. Of course, anyone from any clan (and even filthy clanless peasants) will be welcome to join newbie raids at any time, but if you are interested in running them on a regular basis and especially if interested in helping run them as a sherpa yourself, we'd love to have you!

It also has open membership so you are free to move about the cabin and rejoin with a click at any time.

Giving this the ol' new page repost and I'll even include a link with the fancy art this time!

For the moment there's still plentyaroom and all (well, all on PS4 :p) are welcome.

ethomaz

Banned
Pretty sure it's an iOS issue, I had the same thing happen when I tried it on my iPhone but had no issues signing up for clans using my desktop browser.

Yes, you have to "leave" your D1 clan first. Should be under the "my ckan" tab.

Does the iPhone browser give you an option to "request desktop site"

I had to do this on android to get it to work properly before..
I don't have desktop access right but I will try tonight... on mobile I couldn't find any option.

Thanks.

So if Destiny and the Vault of Glass is anything to go by I guess we can assume the new Raid will be available on Wednesday September 13 (a full week to allow player progression) or Friday September 15 (to continue the Friday tradition of their later Raid releases) at the latest?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So if Destiny and the Vault of Glass is anything to go by I guess we can assume the new Raid will be available on Wednesday September 13 (a full week to allow player progression) or Friday September 15 (to continue the Friday tradition of their later Raid releases) at the latest?
Or or what if it’s on the 8th 😩

Posted for the new (100 posts per page) page.

Thanks to GutZ31 for updating the images to remove the background! 8)

Clan banners for each clan, and a breakdown by system of current registered members. Posted in the order they were posted in the OT.

I've deliberately not included clan size in these cards because I don't wanna discriminate against smaller clans AND I want to believe small clans are viable. Don't prove me wrong, Bungie.

Blue is PS4, Xbox is Green and PC is Red.

Blue is PS4, Xbox is Green and PC is Red.

Everything is hotlinked and good to go. You may have some difficulty on mobile depending on how your phone handles neogaf's pop-ups.

Here's the the link to the original spreadsheet of all the clans.

Don't forget to join the all-DGAF Discord. Quote the OT for the link.

I'm immediately regretting making this, because it's going to be a pain the ass to keep up to date, but it looks snazzy, right? I should go bug Bungie to add a website feature to autogenerate these cards. Brb.

All of my editing software is at work, so I'll go through and update banners for folks tomorrow. Cheers!

P.S. My Clan is Nightmare People. ;)

AlexBasch

I'm seriously considering throwing my money away on Destiny 2.

But before that, how big or active is the XB1 crowd on GAF? I know it's mostly PS4 and now PC, but I'd like to know if I can hopefully join some of you (even if I'm silent) and not play alone through this again.

Just throwing the question out there.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I just finished revamping my old Destiny 1 PS4 clan for Destiny 2, in case anyone is interested in joining up.

Mejestic-12 [MJ12]
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=426730

We're a small group that played the first game heavily (a couple of us have the Platinum trophy + 100% of the expansion trophies), and I've personally invested over 1500 hours into Destiny 1 across 7 characters if I'm not mistaken. I only finally set the game aside once I completed the Age of Triumphs record book, after the last and final major content update landed. I'll be taking my Destiny 1 Warlock (main), Hunter, and Titan into Destiny 2 and continuing the fun, likely for the entire life of the game again.

Three of us for sure are returning to Destiny 2, as we played the beta together a few weeks back. Historically, we're primarily a PVE group that focuses on end-game content (Nightfalls, Heroic Raids), but we'll occasionally team up for those monthly Iron Banner PVP events, and will probably continue to do so for whatever the Destiny 2 equivalents will be. During our prime, we were running a solid three Nightfalls and Raids a week. I'll likely be doing the same going forward.

Posted for the new (100 posts per page) page.

Hey hope you don't mind me throwing this in the OP of the Clan/app going live thread in gaming. I made the thread just to announce it went live and people kept listing clans for people to join and you just format it much better. I'll just keep updating it till people stop using it and/or the OT comes out.

Hey hope you don't mind me throwing this in the OP of the Clan/app going live thread in gaming. I made the thread just to announce it went live and people kept listing clans for people to join and you just format it much better. I'll just keep updating it till people stop using it and/or the OT comes out.

Go for it. Wait til tomorrow tho as I’m going to do another round.

And I’m making the Destiny 2 OT and this list will be in it.

The PC clan is now full. (Edit: Okay not anymore just had 8 outstanding invites)

Does anyone in the EU want to make an EU Clan?

I'm keen to keep to a format that is easy for people to understand.
It'd be cool if it had the same title format and banner style as the US one

I'll change mine to DestinyGAF PC | US
Someone should make DestinyGAF PC | EU

If they get full we then make DestinyGAF PC | US 2 & DestinyGAF PC | EU 2

Anyone keen? PM me if you wanna talk about.

FyreWulff

The only update coming to Destiny 1 at this point is the one in a couple of months that will add the PS exclusives to Xbox and (assumed) the PS exclusives can show up in Nightfall, etc.

Juan

Seems like
we get to walk through the last city in third person to escape.
http://imgur.com/download/gRdX3Pl

Seems like every story missions will take place on a specific map that is not tied to the patrol area, unlike Destiny 1.

I may be wrong of course, but from everything we have seen, it seems like Bungie is doing a "linear" campaign like they did with every Halo, with separated and closed levels, providing then open areas for patrols/Strike/Raid.

I may be wrong ofc, but I can't get this idea out of my mind, which is quite cool is that's the case during the final game.

Apparently, there is a dedicated space for engam in the inventory?

https://i.imgur.com/TsJwity.jpg

DGAF, please help. I plan to play D2 on PC but I am not sure I can wait that month and a bit. Semi-casually start on PS4(where I played 1k+ hours of D1) or force myself to wait and experience everything completely fresh on PC?

I feel like it wouldn't be the worst idea to at least have a character on PS4 in case PC falls flat in terms of playerbase, restrictions(LFG, regions etc) and also to learn the multiplayer maps before I dive in on PC but still, this is stressing me out way more than it should lol.

DGAF, please help. I plan to play D2 on PC but I am not sure I can wait that month and a bit. Semi-casually start on PS4(where I played 1k+ hours of D1) or force myself to wait and experience everything completely fresh on PC?

I feel like it wouldn't be the worst idea to at least have a character on PS4 in case PC falls flat in terms of playerbase, restrictions(LFG, regions etc) and also to learn the multiplayer maps before I dive in on PC but still, this is stressing me out way more than it should lol.

I'm doing this because I made a mistake and bought the digital deluxe version for PC instead of PS4, lol. So I'm playing on PS4 first and then PC when it releases. Some of my friends who are planning on playing only play on PC, but I don't want to wait to play it on PC!

j_rocca42

Been a while since I had to join a clan. Does joining still need approval via bungie.net?

I just chose the first one in the handy post that JohnofMars made ;-)

We're still waiting to find out exactly how D2 on PC is going to handle regions.

At the moment the assumption is that it will be like other battle.net games. You can pick which region to play in but your friend's lists and other features don't cross regions.
If that assumption is correct then it's best for us to have different PC clans for different regions.

To help filter the current PC clan between US and EU i've demoted everyone to Beginner status.

PM me here on Gaf or on Bungie.net with your bungie name to let me know that you are going to play in the "Americas" region and I'll promote you back to a regular member.

I'm not going to kick anyone out in the beta but between beta and release it'd be good to sort this out.

(Still looking for someone to make the EU Clan BTW. PM me if you're keen)

Top Bottom