• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

So, I haven't played Destiny since vanilla, but there's a store here selling the Taken King Legendary Edition for $12. Will there be plenty of content if I pick this up or is Rise of Iron pretty well essential?

Taken King was a decent expansion with good chunk of content, but without RoI you will be locked out of many things like Nightfalls, weekly heroics, etc; also you'll have a tough time finding other players for TTK content.

Ghazi

Everything makes sense now

lul.JPG

A lot of you guys are still playing the game, even after these changes. You're going to buy Destiny 2. They don't need to make shitty changes to the game to make you think D2 will be better.

Mindlog

It was also 100% broken and overpowered. Even then, with this patch Stormcaller melees still have more range than any other melee ability in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/AbossSo.jpg

^^^ This is just not okay lmfao.
Damning evidence of an extended range melee having extended range.

The problem is too much damage with melee snap. The only time I ever took extended range in PvE was because I forgot to switch out of PvP mode. Now the defining characteristic of that perk is diminished. What's the point? Why not significantly reduce damage? Why not eliminate aim assist
(because that would be too hard to do without ruining all Warlock melee abilities)
? Why not eliminate damage almost entirely and make it suppress instead? Why not drain shields to activate the power? I am very pro-nerf when necessary, but the unrelenting homogenization of classes is unfulfilling.

Bring back throwing knives.

Melchiah

A lot of you guys are still playing the game, even after these changes. You're going to buy Destiny 2. They don't need to make shitty changes to the game to make you think D2 will be better.

It's all the more unlikely with every "fix", that's for the sole benefit of PVP and to the detriment of PVE. If both sides continue to be linked, I might just pass on the sequel. It's not worth paying for to be screwed over again and again.

Number45

Because of the console QA processing time. All patches/hotfixes need a seperate QA process performed by Sony/MS respectively before it gets approved for release. They found this mistake after the patch had been sent in for this process. So fixing it would require another round of internal QA at Bungie then submission for QA at Sony/MS before it could get pushed.
Is this true of a hotfix that's applied in the game client only? I'm not sure this would have to pass QA unless an update to the actual game client is needed.

It was also 100% broken and overpowered. Even then, with this patch Stormcaller melees still have more range than any other melee ability in the game.

AbossSo.jpg

FUCK. This is AFTER the nerf? D:

TsuWave

I don't get the salt with this patch, I had fun in PvP again!

patch is terrible. are you a regular pvp'er? I can maybe see how things would seem "fresh" in 6v6 playlists and even then i give it a week before people are tired of sidearms the same way they were of shotguns.

elimination sucks now though

I played 2 pvp matches and turned destiny off again. They can patch it as much as they want, but until they sort out the amount of red bars I get when matchmaking it will never be fun or balanced.

First match had 5 red bars, out of 12 players. I don't care how small the population is, that should not be possible. And if red bars are there they should not be in the top 3 and top 2 on either team. Good connections getting punished has been too common for too long in this game.

Number45

Didn't they supposedly introduce measures last year that punished people with poor connections? I'm sure that was in one of their updates.

Didn't they supposedly introduce measures last year that punished people with poor connections? I'm sure that was in one of their updates.

Yeah, the damage referee that looks a whole lot like empty promises. This game has never effectively punished people with bad connections.

It should be as straight forward as a rule that says if your connection speed is below X then you cannot pvp. Or if your ping is above X you cannot join this lobby.

stay gold

Just seen on Reddit they've accidentally buffed Rangefinder ads times on shotguns 25% instead of nerfing lol. Bungie are one of a kind.

I don't get the salt with this patch, I had fun in PvP again!

I was mega tilted last night as I was doing rift/shaxfall (why I don't know as there is now absolutely nothing loot wise in the game now)

One thing I do know is my Luna is worse post patch as it wasn't really affected by the previous settings Edit people have tested HCs and max range is 30m not 35 and thats with rifled/rangefinder

glaurung

Bongo's QA seems to be worst in the industry. That in itself is mind-boggling.

Best evidence of this: the New Monarchy ship Comitatus not dropping. It took them months to figure out that THE SHIP WOULD NOT DROP AT ALL FOR PLAYERS WHO ALREADY OWNED KONDRATYUK'S REVENGE (a Dead Orbit ship).

Let that sink in for a moment.

Done? Good. This is beyond comprehension. It either means that there is a super-convoluted drop rate algorithm in the game that somehow factors everything into your drops. Alternatively, incredibly stupid and/or malicious developers code hooks for drop rates that make no sense in any reality. And even if either is true (which is hard to believe), Bongo would at least explain these things to their own QA. Right now, their QA is an embarrassment to the industry. Might as well not have any QA to speak of. And yes, if your game is a persistent world loot-based shooter, your QA has to test more than story missions being glitched. FFS.

Sorry about the rant, but this is all true.

glaurung

Why did Bungie make Truth into a garbage tier exotic? Lol one in the mag
Chalk this one up to yet again "casuals were being angry in Twitter because Truth". Luckily there are plenty of legendary replacements, Ass Factory, Titanium Orchid with a good roll or any of the faction rocket launchers with a good roll (tripod+horseshoes).

AbossSo.jpg

"Stormcaller's Thunderstrike melee range reduced to be consistent with other Warlock Subclasses
Amplitude will continue to grant small range boost to new base range"

The guy probably has Amplitude on in the skill tree.

The real problem I have with this is the same problem I had when they took away sticking people with Tripmines. That shit was fun as fuck. I NEVER once felt that getting stuck with a Tripmine or being killed with a Thunderstrike was OP broken. It was part of the subclass. It made them fun. Then they nerf the fun because they don't know how to balance anything. Bungie is so bad at this in Destiny. We all admit Sunsinger was OP, but then they nerfed it into the ground and NOBODY played it in Trials. I know balancing stuff isn't easy, but just nerfing stuff that makes a subclass unique is not the way to do it. I absolutely HATE how samey the classes and subclasses feel. How many PvP games exist with characters that are so vastly different from others, but yet their is enough balance to make it interesting? Plenty. But apparently Bungie's way of balance is make everything close enough to the other thing.

The final point is, Stormcallers has a really fun melee that was unique. Killing a guy that was far away from you with a melee was always amazing and if you died to that, you had to have taken half damage already. It was not OP broken.

Dez_

I like how on Bungie's stream, they stated that they didn't want to just go and nerf everything into the ground, but reading through the hot fix stuff, it sure looks like a lot of stuff got nerfed anyway. Honestly, this wouldn't bother me as much if it didn't affect the PvE too. At this point, I'm not in any hurry to be playing this game again anytime soon, but I'll just roll with the changes when I do.

Melchiah

I like how on Bungie's stream, they stated that they didn't want to just go and nerf everything into the ground, but reading through the hot fix stuff, it sure looks like a lot of stuff got nerfed anyway. Honestly, this wouldn't bother me as much if it didn't affect the PvE too. At this point, I'm not in any hurry to be playing this game again anytime soon, but I'll just roll with the changes when I do.

Same here. I'll just add Zavala's weekly bounties to my inventory, in case there'll be an update that brings me back. It's time to move on. Kinda funny, that it was their "fix" that finally stopped me from playing the game.

JHall

Haven't played Destiny since October. Seems like Bungie is doing their classic "fuck 'em fam" balancing and hoping for the best.

I'm all for balancing stuff that's obviously too good, but I really hope Bungie doesn't treat Destiny 2 the same way they treat D1. What I mean is, I hope Bungie doesn't change things that have been a staple in the game for years. Of course I'm still bitching about trip mines but it's the perfect example. They stuck players for well over a year and then inexplicably Bungie decides that's op one day and it's patched out. Now that kind of stuff is fine in a game that's in beta, like Paragon for example. But in a game that launched years ago?... Kind of bullshit. It's like if Bungie patched the spartan laser to not instantly destroy a warthog in H3 after its been out for a year and a half. These are the kinds of changes that really burn me up about Destiny. It has this chance of becoming something different at any given time because of a 'balance' patch. Unfortunately the devs seem to like this 'seasonal' approach. Oh well, I've gone from D2 insta buy day one, to wait it out. I hope I can go back on that statement because I know D2 will have a good game in there somewhere. But it just makes me really unhappy when Bungie pulls this shit.

ViciousDS

Banned
I really hope we get a demo/beta and the demo is a prologue if according to those rumors and the demo takes place in the tower with the new engine so we can see all the improvements.

I really think they could do a prologue to D2 as a beta.....would be really cool.

PvP is overall better post patch. No longer getting tilted by ghost bullets hype. When you die, you lost because you got outgunned instead of ghost bullets / BS like getting shotgunned warriored 24/7. I've never been so happy to get 3 tapped by pali/luna/fixer before.

I've only tried 6's. Very curious to try 3's but I hear it's a LOT slower now. We'll see. I'll take this meta 10000000x over last meta for sure. But, I wish using primaries didn't feel forced and that they just made primaries overall stronger and special used in only 'special' occasions.

Crispy handcannons = FEELSGOODMAN

PvP is overall better post patch. No longer getting tilted by ghost bullets hype. When you die, you lost because you got outgunned instead of ghost bullets / BS like getting shotgunned warriored 24/7. I've never been so happy to get 3 tapped by pali/luna/fixer before.

I've only tried 6's. Very curious to try 3's but I hear it's a LOT slower now. We'll see. I'll take this meta 10000000x over last meta for sure. But, I wish using primaries didn't feel forced and that they just made primaries overall stronger and special used in only 'special' occasions.

Crispy handcannons = FEELSGOODMAN

im sure people are just searching for a new meta, but i'm loving the variety of weapons i'm seeing in the crucible.

im sure people are just searching for a new meta, but i'm loving the variety of weapons i'm seeing in the crucible.

Yeah, I really enjoyed what I played last night. I wasn't getting shotgunned left and right, and I got to use Lyudmila-D and the Dealbreaker. Dealbreaker specifically put in work.

So I played Mp all night last night. It was not fun, and I did very well.

HC to me are dead again. Secondary's are dead. G horns once again are used by everyone, only a matter of time before they are also reduced to one rocket.

Im just real sick of all this nerfing. and spotty work by bunige. Its has to be embarrassing a little for them.

SpecX

I really hope we get a demo/beta and the demo is a prologue if according to those rumors and the demo takes place in the tower with the new engine so we can see all the improvements.

I really think they could do a prologue to D2 as a beta.....would be really cool.

This would be great, but it better not be like the Destiny beta including every mission for Earth which ended up being 25% of the story mode.

ViciousDS

Banned
This would be great, but it better not be like the Destiny beta including every mission for Earth which ended up being 25% of the story mode.

man........when we found out the story was only a meager 12 missions more........that was a huge let down

man........when we found out the story was only a meager 12 missions more........that was a huge let down

Really, I slogged through it 3 times, and hated every minute, I just wanted to unlock the raid. It was such a burden to me to go through each story. Really ran past everything to try and speed it up

Sky Walker

What class of primary weapons are particularly strong after this patch? Auto rifles?

I tried my Perfect Balance+Persistence Shadow Price and it couldn't stand a chance against any other weapon from any other class, its ttk still noticably low. Genises Chain was decent though.

GhaleonEB

Why did Bungie make Truth into a garbage tier exotic? Lol one in the mag

Because too many players were using that in PvP so they nerfed it for PvE...

images

I just read through the patch notes and burst out laughing at the Truth change. It was one of my two favorite rawket lawnchairs, the other being the new 'Horn. And clearly nerfed into oblivion in PvE for PvP.

I'm still wandering Skyrim, but seeing things like this do not make me want to dive back in when I'm through. :(

People are saying aim acceleration was turned way up with the patch so check your look sensitivity. It would explain why my HC shots felt so shit last night

Edit lowered way down to 3 and it feels better but I don't know the game feels too different now, you're best bet is just to hang out at the back of a map. Sidearms are ok but you have the middle ground were before you could close it and shotgun which is now dead

Speaking of shotguns this just dropped which would be pretty much god mode with the current settings :d

C4u9l_pWAAE93Yq.jpg

"Stormcaller's Thunderstrike melee range reduced to be consistent with other Warlock Subclasses
Amplitude will continue to grant small range boost to new base range"

The guy probably has Amplitude on in the skill tree.

The real problem I have with this is the same problem I had when they took away sticking people with Tripmines. That shit was fun as fuck. I NEVER once felt that getting stuck with a Tripmine or being killed with a Thunderstrike was OP broken. It was part of the subclass. It made them fun. Then they nerf the fun because they don't know how to balance anything. Bungie is so bad at this in Destiny. We all admit Sunsinger was OP, but then they nerfed it into the ground and NOBODY played it in Trials. I know balancing stuff isn't easy, but just nerfing stuff that makes a subclass unique is not the way to do it. I absolutely HATE how samey the classes and subclasses feel. How many PvP games exist with characters that are so vastly different from others, but yet their is enough balance to make it interesting? Plenty. But apparently Bungie's way of balance is make everything close enough to the other thing.

The final point is, Stormcallers has a really fun melee that was unique. Killing a guy that was far away from you with a melee was always amazing and if you died to that, you had to have taken half damage already. It was not OP broken.

Not even gonna try to argue the nonsense (storm caller melee not being OP that is) that is in your post but you can sleep well tonight by knowing storm caller melee is still retarded

https://twitter.com/Holtzmann_YT/status/831599662436118530/video/1

From current patch^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom