• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

ViciousDS

Banned
How will DGAF handle a PC release of Destiny? Will many switch platform or stay on PS4/Xbone?

if its where the Jade Rabbit and Zen Meteor doesn't exist on a console over another......I will pick the console that gets the exclusives.

We have no idea what kind of shenanigans we are in for this time. Especially with Sony having the sales that it does hardware wise.

Kalamari

I think Bungie knows that a lot of people feel burnt by the game and its problems. They need to either deliver something really good or persuade Activision to spend a gazillion dollars on marketing to sell something mediocre. I predict the latter will occur.

Deku Tree

The worst part about the PS exclusive stuff for vanilla D1 was having to play against Hawkmoon and Jade Rabbit in crucible when you didn't have one.

I think Bungie knows that a lot of people feel burnt by the game and its problems. They need to either deliver something really good or persuade Activision to spend a gazillion dollars on marketing to sell something mediocre. I predict the latter will occur.

If what shinobi said about d2 is correct, the game has improved greatly

How will DGAF handle a PC release of Destiny? Will many switch platform or stay on PS4/Xbone?

If they were able to implement a transfer tool similar to the one they had with RoI, I could see myself going to PC. I wouldn't know how they would get that to work though. Maybe by adding your steam account to Bungie.net, they could transfer the information from your previous game. Super high level concept though.

FiraB

Banned
Ill simply move, but I do need 21:9 support, dedicated servers, higher tickrate and 4k support.

Outside that playstation exclusives dont bother me, outside a couple they werent great exclusives honestly.

zewone

If they were able to implement a transfer tool similar to the one they had with RoI, I could see myself going to PC. I wouldn't know how they would get that to work though. Maybe by adding your steam account to Bungie.net, they could transfer the information from your previous game. Super high level concept though.

Transfer tool for what?

Your character creation?

Remake it. Or put a helmet on.

None of your items transfer to Destiny 2 regardless of platform.

Foxxsoxx

Anyone down to do RoTM HM on PS4?

Trying to get some light levels before the update.

Never did HM but did WOTM itself a bunch of times, burned out pretty bad right as HM came out.

Pretty much all my toons are 385, PSN is Fakehound.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nothing like annoying your random team mate to get em to stop camping.

gytytuyu.gif

Ryck

God, I hate the "Destiny was a total disappointment for everyone and sold like shit" bubble some people live in on the gaming side.

Easily my most played game of all time. Don't worry about it though there will always be people with differing opinions. Just enjoy the stuff you enjoy.

So excited with all the news coming out, also cool to see activity on here again.

I missed you guys.

^_^

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Prefer PS4 as I have my PC in my office and my PS4 in the living room hooked up to my 55" 4K Samsung. I get why many would switch over though

Milennia

so this is really late and probably out of touch in a sense

just now for some reason finding out about drizzay

i spent weeks straight with him when this game first came out and was on his rprimary raid team that cleared 3 times each tuesday back when vault of glass was all you could do in this game and the mythoclast 2 shot people in pvp, all the way up until i quit the game completely 1 day before the wolves expansion dropped

we went for the immortal raid trophy when like 3 other groups in the world had even gotten it at that point picking up new friends on the way and forming a really stable and solid raid group, eventually we ended up getting it as one of the earliest groups in the game to do so

wont ever forget the experience, that guy was absolutely awesome and incredibly welcoming, still in disbelief

Swiggins

Hello Destiny GAF. Long time player, first time poster.

I've recently picked Destiny back up after around a 5 month absence after Rise of Iron released. I've been having a blast and recently I've run through Wrath of the Machine for the first time, I thought it was a pretty well done raid all things considered.

I'd like some help in running the raid a few more times as well as any other hits/tips/tricks to get my level up from 370 to 390-400 in anticipation of The Age of Triumph update.

Is there any sort of official clan I have to join? Is it too late to get on the hype train for Destiny 2?

DocSeuss

Hello Destiny GAF. Long time player, first time poster.

I've recently picked Destiny back up after around a 5 month absence after Rise of Iron released. I've been having a blast and recently I've run through Wrath of the Machine for the first time, I thought it was a pretty well done raid all things considered.

I'd like some help in running the raid a few more times as well as any other hits/tips/tricks to get my level up from 370 to 390-400 in anticipation of The Age of Triumph update.

Is there any sort of official clan I have to join? Is it too late to get on the hype train for Destiny 2?

You wanna get up to 390? Run a bunch of strikes and get ornaments and ghosts from forge.

I'm new to DGAF but have been playing the game since day one. Any rules that I should know about here in regards to the community as a whole?

FiraB

Banned
I'm new to DGAF but have been playing the game since day one. Any rules that I should know about here in regards to the community as a whole?

1: Get on Discord
2: If someone here says they'll handle it, your in for lolz
3: Kadey is PvP Queen
4: Drizzay is Legend
5: Deku is not a nut
6: Namikaze is trolled by RNGesus
7: "I'll take sword" is not the correct answer

Oh you meant rules like rules rules? This place isn't ruled by rules because we got overruled deciding whether to rule or be ruled. In the end we decided we all ruled and to have cake...

1: Get on Discord
2: If someone here says they'll handle it, your in for lolz
3: Kadey is PvP Queen
4: Drizzay is Legend
5: Deku is not a nut
6: Namikaze is trolled by RNGesus
7: "I'll take sword" is not the correct answer

Oh you meant rules like rules rules? This place isn't ruled by rules because we got overruled deciding whether to rule or be ruled. In the end we decided we all ruled and to have cake...

Holy crap. This might be the single greatest response I've ever seen. Now a quick follow-up: how do I get an invite to the Discord group?

Top Bottom