• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Reveal Thread

burnfout

"what could be bigger than Halo, we will find out"

Lol, how about that other Activision published series, selling way way more than Halo.

Cake Boss

Banned
good old gaf. why do you guys always expect a first reveal of a game to be a 2 hour gameplay video?

A 2 minute action trailer would have worked, or anything longer than 4 seconds of a chracter walking with his gun out then 3 minutes of Bungie jerking themselves off.

Dahbomb

Graphics and art direction look great for current gen. Lore and universe looks a bit more interesting than Halo's but hard to say for sure.

The hype killer is the online DRM. Will not be getting this for that reason unless it's godlike. I am sure the press will be all over this like white on rice.

scarybore

Definitely interested, but I expected more from the vidoc. Slightly anticlimactic, but I suppose that's to be expected after all the leaks.

Definitely current gen, looks a little worse than Halo 4 visually. Not surprising, Bungie had nice skyboxes in Reach but that's about it, they don't do visuals well most of the time.

pixlexic

Banned
You guys are crazy. You have the guys who defined the console fps experience and who have made the best MP maps ever make a console FPS pso type of game.

think about that for a min.

Izick

I mean I don't get why you people are saying it's "ugly." Of course it's not going to look like Uncharted 4 if it's a large-scale FPS based on having many people playing at once. Not to mention if it looks like it does in the trailer, it almost certainly will run very smoothly on the Nextbox and PS4. Maybe 60 FPS and some nice bells and whistles.

I'm sure once the 360 and PS3 are gone, Bungie won't be handcuffed to those consoles and the next game will look "good enough." Like I said though I'm really excited with what we got. A more open Borderlands sounds amazing to me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jeff is saying they used the words "dungeon" and "raid".

They're speaking my language.

Lunzio

I feel like their 10-year plan is too ambitious. Hopefully they can keep things interesting enough to warrant a continuous play. I would've really liked to see them try something a little... less "Halo"?

Dude says "Can anything be bigger then HALO?" Yes douche, COD, GTA comes to mind.

yea that made me cringe.. ugh. have some humility please. i as a gamer don't even know ANYONE who plays Halo, doesn't seem to be that big to me. might be because i'm Euro though.

game seems to be ambitious, and i think the premise is cool. the characters and enemies seem a bit lame though.. but we'll see. if there's tons of amazing environments, great online play, great music, good AI etc, i'll definitely check it out.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So essentially what i get from J.G. at Giantbomb is that this will be like WOW but an FPs. Dungeons, Raids etc. and instanced sections of the game where possibly other players not in your crew can join in.

Z4Ldtqg.png

These textures looks horrible, PS2/Wii level. What a underwhelming reveal.

Halo 4 looks way better, Destiny is not even close. I don't care if ít is a open world game, this is shocking.

Plasmid

GAF backfire, i think it looks cool, i feel like after the new console reveals they'll probably show a lot more, and you know this game is going to be at E3 out the ass.

SO HYPED

Mik_Pad

Banned
I think they hyped this reveal too much for just a 4-5 min video with like 20s of gameplay, I'm still looking forward to it though.

LQX

I don't get why anyone would be up in arms with it needing to be online. That's is usually how online shooters work...no?

I'm just disappointed it does not seem to have a true single player.

No release date. No mention of next gen consoles. Game looks like Halo from the footage.

Was their goal to make the Sony reveal on Wednesday appear all the more great? This was for me about as underwhelming as it can get.

Zia

In what way do people think it looks as ambitious as PlanetSide? That's what I wanted, but the brief seconds of a couple people running around corridors didn't really inspire hope.

We knew it was a persistent online game months ago. I'm not sure why your hype only died now.

It was never confirmed, mostly hinted at.

At worst I was hoping for something like Dark Souls/Demons souls where online gives you more/different features but the game is still amazing and completely playable offline as a SP game.

Permanent online is simply deal breaker to me. I like Co op/multi but I am a solo first guy. I am sure others will be on board but I am probably gonna pass on it.

Sendou

I think it looked okay but falled short of the concept art. There's so little we know about the game and the social part they liked to talk about does nothing to me. The game also looked like it was scaled for more powerful (=next-gen) systems. I would like to see the game running on them.

4 years ago

Bungie is giving MS the breakdown of the game

MS: "Wow sounds awesome we definitely want a timed exclusive option"

Now:

--Contract has changed--

JackHerer

Pretty underwhelmed. The actual first person shots (there were only 2?) looked pretty mediocre. I really hope that there is a next-gen version released simultaneously and it looks much, much better.

Also, I still have no idea what the game will play like other than that it is a sc-fi FPS with some new social features that aren't explained.

I didn't think it looked much like Halo other than it being a sc-fi fps. Looks like it might have ADS which would immediately make it a lot different from Halo.

Top Bottom