• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny to appear at Sony presser on Monday

Loudninja

I'm just sick of seeing it. The marketing campaign has simply been too long. Release the damn thing already.

And now we'll have to sit through a 20 minute lecture, demo, trailer etc for a game that simply isn't all that exciting to begin with.
Than don't watch that portion?

Not everything at E3 will be to your liking.

Destiny is the next big game and seeing how watch dogs work out for Sony it only makes sense to give it a fair amount of time .
People can say want they want but 3rd party sells consoles and Destiny not being on PC is also a plus for Sony cause they have best version .

Kinyou

It's because it's not "exclusive".
Don't you know? GAF fanboys only play exclusive games now... If there's no exclusives to throw in the face of the "competition", there's no fun in gaming.
How come people love the witcher 3 then?

Don't consider GAF as a hivemind it will get you nowhere

SJRB

Gold Member
It better not be the fucking Old Russia map again. Maybe they're going to show what this game actually is this time.

hawk2025

The majority of reactions in this thread are fucking baffling.

It's the first game in a MASSIVE new IP.

By Bungie.

On Playstation.

Interfectum

It's because it's not "exclusive".
Don't you know? GAF fanboys only play exclusive games now... If there's no exclusives to throw in the face of the "competition", there's no fun in gaming.

Yeah, proof of this is The Witcher 3 thread. Everyone hating on... oh.

It couldn't possibly because a lot of gamers don't find what was shown very interesting at all despite the constant hype from Activision and Bungie.

Lasty95

Well, for me it's easily the thing I'm most looking forward to seeing at E3, hands down.

We've also been promised a beta date at e3 too.

Bloodrage

Banned
Sony and Bungie would make cute babies together.

Destiny's been my most wanted FPS since the reveal. Can't say I'm bothered by seeing more.

ethomaz

Banned
It will be another WD with ~50% of the sales on PS4.

BTW this is my most hyped game for the year (yeap... ahead Beast and Titanfall).

It sucks that they're going to waste time on this but Destiny will probably sell more PS4s than any exclusive would. We just saw that it can work really well with WD recently, so I don't blame Sony for doing it. Still, time that could be used for something else. I'm guessing they'll also show AC or Farcry (I hope to god they don't show both).

I'm really hoping MS got BF and The Division so that they don't waste even more Sony time.

SilentFlyer

It looks like we're starting to know already what games Sony will show.

Assassin Creed: Unity (Proobably)
Far Cry 4 (Probably)
Destiny
PlanetSide 2
Uncharted 4
Ready at Dawn
Driveclub
Project Beast (kind of confirmed)
Battlefield: Hardline (Probably)

And Yes, on-stage demo shouldn't take more than 5min.

Far Cry 4 (Probably)
Destiny
PlanetSide 2
Uncharted 4
Ready at Dawn
Driveclub

If this is all we get boooooooo!!

GameSeeker

I'm just sick of seeing it. The marketing campaign has simply been too long. Release the damn thing already.

And now we'll have to sit through a 20 minute lecture, demo, trailer etc for a game that simply isn't all that exciting to begin with.

I have Destiny pre-ordered and I'm sick of seeing Destiny at Sony conferences. We have seen plenty of Destiny video. The beta will start soon after E3. The beta will do the talking about whether the game is any good or not. More on stage demos are worthless in that regard.

But, instead we will get ~10 min of Destiny footage at Sony's E3 event that could be better used for showing new games, AAA or Indie doesn't matter, just anything new.

Shows a super limited slice of Destiny E3 2013 and after.

"the game looks boring!"

Wants to do a blowout of all the modes and content.

"stop showing this game!"

Elios83

I pretty much expect 30 minutes of the Sony conference to be dedicated to Destiny, Assassin's Creed Unity and maybe Far Cry 4. (Just like Call of Duty and others will be at the MIcrosoft conference).
Like it or not, these are gonna be the biggest games of the upcoming fall and holiday season.

People hating the game with barely any footage shown.

I think that's part of the issue. The game is what, 3 months away? And we barely know anything. My guess is they'll get the hype train going with this E3, it's their last chance to show what makes it special.

I'm personally looking forward to it, it'll be Day 1, but I want to know more.

Lasty95

In terms of Old Russia - the Strike gameplay from a few weeks ago promised to show the boss battle at E3, so yeah that's what we'll be seeing.

Probably followed by a highlight reel showing off some new stuff I'd imagine.

N.Domixis

Banned
Sony wants this game to be a console exclusive so bad. Excited to see this at the press conference.
We'll, that's what happens when you have no exclusives for the holiday. But they know what they are doing. Destiny alone will sell more consoles than all of xbox ones exclusives combined. That's why they are pushing this as an exclusive. Casuals think it's only on ps4.

RoKKeR

Yawn. Can't wait for another 10 minute presentation of gameplay that puts me to sleep.

Destiny is really not doing it for me.

SDCowboy

Far Cry 4 (Probably)
Destiny
PlanetSide 2
Uncharted 4
Ready at Dawn
Driveclub
Battlefield: Hardline (Probably)

You forgot TLG.

Shows a super limited slice of Destiny E3 2013 and after.

"the game looks boring!"

Wants to do a blowout of all the modes and content.

"stop showing this game!"
You can show more of the game outside of a manufacturer's press conference, you know.

Did you enjoy seeing Watch Dogs demos in everything Sony did for a couple years?

Xater

Shocking!

I expect a new gameplay demo, maybe they will show of competitive. Then they will announce what exclusive DLC Sony gets and when the beta starts.

VZsV4wN.jpg

Ah, they're still using the reverse-visor artwork to promote the game?

Top Bottom