• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex 3 realtime screenshots revealed

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
ILikeFeet said:
I hope some modders make Victorial style clothing like we saw in the concept art. it was great, Deus Ex or not

We don't even know if that won't be present yet. In fact, the reporter is rocking the neo-Victorian look.

Relax people.

ILikeFeet

Banned
WanderingWind said:
We don't even know if that won't be present yet. In fact, the reporter is rocking the neo-Victorian look.

Relax people.

but but but... they did say they didn't go with that style cause it looked to goofy. but then again, they could keep some stylings

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Looks great, hopefully its not very linear, would love to be able to explore the city to some degree.

Alucrid

Banned
Can't wait. I should probably pick up Dues Ex sometime. But when games are able to look like those CGI screens...man, I'll be in heaven.

I just hope the game doesn't end up being all about using crazy augmentations for everything.

You could take the augs out of Deus Ex and still have basically the same experience. It was a modern day shooter/RPG with normal human skills and proficiencies, the augs just serving to enhance the character's basic abilities somewhat.

Have they said yet if there's a normal skill set like the first game?

MMaRsu

Banned
NIN90 said:
The screens are obviously blurry as fuck. There is no need for pixel counting.

How far is this game off? Are they direct captures from the framebuffer? How much compression is used for these pics?

Let's try to keep our pixel counting bullshit till when it's actually out, let's not start already.

WanderingWind said:
How so? He looks just like both of the other Deus Ex protagonists.
It's the goatee I think (not so much from these screenshots, but from the CGI trailer). Brings to mind a cybernetic Rip Torn.

Edit: Also,
14wdnq9.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Neuromancer said:
It's the goatee I think (not so much from these screenshots, but from the CGI trailer). Brings to mind a cybernetic Rip Torn.

...and how is that not awesome as FUCK? :lol

Salsa

QQ: will i have to play the previous Deus ex`s to enjoy/understand this one ? Never finished 1 back in the day and it has aged kinda bad..

Cep

Banned
SalsaShark said:
QQ: will i have to play the previous Deus ex`s to enjoy/understand this one ? Never finished 1 back in the day and it has aged kinda bad..

I think there are some graphical mods in the works for it.

I am currently waiting on some before I replay.

TheYanger

SalsaShark said:

No it hasn't :( I just replayed it a few weeks ago when it was on sale on Steam and I rebought it. It takes about 5 minutes to reacquaint yourself with the controls, and it doesn't baby you out of the gate like many games, but it has aged perfectly, because it is a flawless game.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
SalsaShark said:

Regarding your enjoyment of this game: Probably not. The connectivity between the first and second is somewhat lax, and I don't expect them to diverge from that. The plots for these games are full of awesome twists and enjoyable espionage/betrayals/reveals/choices/etc, but they're also insanely convoluted by nature. References to companies, people, conspiracy organizations, or vague events from other games might happen, but "You live in a cyperpunk universe full of conspiracies" is all you really need to know.

That said, I'd echo the sentiment that Deus Ex hasn't aged badly and is still awesome fun. Deus Ex Invisible War, less so for a million reasons.

EmCeeGramr said:
okay ignoring the super-obvious blade runner homage here, i just realized that his lighting is a giant glowing asymmetrical honeycomb on the ceiling

was that popular in the renaissance or something

edit: there's a candelabra on the coffee table lol

Fucking hexagons. You can never escape them in any vaguely Sci-fi setting now a days.

Praetorianer

Neo Member
I want it. I'd (probably have to) buy a new system just to play this. OMG I've been waiting for years and it looks awesome! Btw. I demand more Cyberpunk games!

WanderingWind said:
No, no. It's very Ghost in the Shell. Or was it Snow Crash-esque? Or shades of Heinlein?

Because of this, DE3 has now peaked my interest. Simply because I want a deep game with a GITS/SAC-esque setting.
I hoped the Yakuza games or the GITS franchise itself would eventually spawn a cool Neo-Tokyo Action-Adventure-Shooter-RPG-whatever mix with this kind of style, but I'll take what I can get.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Looks great, can't wait to see it in motion at 1080p, 60 fps (the TRU engine is a straight up beast when it comes to quality/performance) on my 46 inch plasma. Of course, using a mouse and keyboard while sitting in a comfy chair reclined as well.

Wow. This looks like an ultra-cool Splinter Cell. Count me in. Is this releasing on the HD consoles or will be another "my laptop would commit suicide" game that I can't play?

Teetris said:
Dayum

Please don't fuck the PC version up, please don't fuck the PC version up

True. This will definitely be all PC for me.

So is there like a safehouse where you can WATCH cyberpunk newscasts!?

zallaaa

What's Keanu Reeves doing in my Deus Ex? Also, why do I get a Constantine vibe? Especially in the CG trailer where he's lighting a cigarette...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Cep said:
I think there are some graphical mods in the works for it.

I am currently waiting on some before I replay.
Those HD Texture Packs will never be released. Don't wait six years on HDTP like I did, and just replay it!

ArjanN

Interfectum said:
I'm holding out hope for this game, Hitman 5 and T4f... but yeah I agree it's sad to see the stealth genre die this slow, painful death. SC:C was a fucking joke.

Stealth games were always a niche genre IMO.

And I'm sure most of the people playing something like Thief or the early Splinter Cells just go for killing/knocking everyone out when no-one is looking, because that's generally the most effective way through the game. To play 100% stealth you generally need to avoid most enemies at least twice, if you kill/knock them out they're out of your hair forever. It's nice to have the option though.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Ryu Hayabusa said:
First person?

http://www.eldojogamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-04-06-10-001.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

no that's clearly third person

needs moar sunshine!

Top Bottom