• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gets Console HDR Support

So I just got a TV and was trying out the HDR in this (just in the first area as this is a friend's ps4 I have and I want to go through this game on my Pro on the 10th).

All enabling HDR seems to be doing is slightly increasing the brightness and slightly desaturating a few of the colors. Now I've heard the first area isn't great for HDR, is this basically what I'm supposed to be seeing in the first area at least or am I doing something wrong here.

Have a Vizio P series, enabled hdmi color subsampling on the input the ps4 is connected to (not input 5). PS4 settings are set to automatic. Using the HDMI cable that came with the TV.
I'm a carbon-copy of you. I'm saving my second run for playing on my Pro and P65 (whenever I get to it). The first area isn't a showcase for the searing high-end of HDR. It does benefit from the expanded luminosity, but there's no super-bright spots, if that's what you're looking for. BREACH mode is perfect for that, if you want a quick-look at the high end of HDR. And the colors really pop in that mode, too!

Top Bottom