• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

nOoblet16

For the first mission if you are playing on Give me Deus Ex and want to finish the mission while ghosting
After you sneak past the first few guys and just use cloak and simply run to the front left side of the chopper.

Anyone in the UK still waiting for their Simply Games order?

Mine dispatched Friday, post just turned up and it's still not here.

Kuraudo

Banned
I'm counting on this game keeping me sane for the last three weeks of grad school. Going to write the conclusion to my thesis then head round to Tesco and pick it up. Should ease the painful but inevitable redraft process.

Badoink

Banned
Anyone else having .dll problem with the new Denuvo app when trying to redeem the key for Day One edition on Windows 7?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I have a hard time believing there's an ulterior motive to them saying they're taking the easier route in dealing with likely technical issues.

Wonder what their excuses will be when problems occur that aren't resolved quickly

I was debating on whether or not to wait for the NEO for this but I desperately need something to play so I just ordered it from Argos for XB1 w/ same day delivery :) (should be coming between 2-6pm)

nOoblet16

Where are you seeing the issues? I'm about five hours in and it's been very steady. The hub occasionally exhibits tearing but, by and large, it's running well.
I think it's just general over reaction. People have been extremely over reactive about this game here in the past week...to a hilarious level even.

I've finished the game and by far the worst area in the game framerate wise is this courtyard outside Monument Station in one of the hubs (centre hub among the top three). That area has NPCs and lots of geometry but that's about the worst it gets but it improves within seconds...and I don't think it ever dips below low 20s.

Went with SimplyGames under several recommendations for the first time and here we are on release day and it hasn't arrived. No repeat business then, I'm afraid.

Really enjoyed Human Revolution so I am excited to play this (well, eventually)!

Carcetti

Question about early game sidequest involving
Neon/drugs

How the heck do you get into the
Rave Party
?

Move dumpster on the left side of the wall, enter through electricity grid. Pop a heal beforehand for max health if needed.

Went with SimplyGames under several recommendations for the first time and here we are on release day and it hasn't arrived. No repeat business then, I'm afraid.

Really enjoyed Human Revolution so I am excited to play this (well, eventually)!

Yup they've done well before. I got NMS like 4 days early. But yeah nothing for me yet.

samar11

It's saying the game is out in Australia but when I try and load it on steam i get this message.

''This game is not yet released. It will be unlocked and available for play on its official release day''

Fuser

Anyone in the UK still waiting for their Simply Games order?

Mine dispatched Friday, post just turned up and it's still not here.

I'm still waiting too, also shipped on Friday. I got NMS on the Saturday so had high hopes for another early release >_<

packy34

It's saying the game is out in Australia but when I try and load it on steam i get this message.

''This game is not yet released. It will be unlocked and available for play on its official release day''

It's a worldwide Steam release. Still about 7 hours to go for everyone.

Loving the game so far but one thing seems a little weird, it's normal that when somebody is communicating to you, you only have is text ? Since i see the voice line moving, it's a little off that there is no actual voice.

nOoblet16

So when exactly does the Desperate Measures dlc take place during the games story?
If I recall it correctly, sometimes after mission 6.
Basically once you finish the mission where you have to infiltrate the train station...you should play Desperate Measures.

Loving the game so far but one thing seems a little weird, it's normal that when somebody is communicating to you, you only have is text ? Since i see the voice line moving, it's a little off that there is no actual voice.
No it's not. Seems to be a hug, restart you game perhaps.

Carcetti

Thank you!

Actually, wait. Can't seem to interact with the grid?

Details: can't remember if there was a punchable hole or a grate to get in. Then I just climbed on the ceiling supports, jumped down and rushed fast through the next grate into the air chute. You'll live if you're fast.

Akai__

Just run for the chopper and pull out the battery. Once the chopper is out, the story just moves on. They don't give a fuck about enemies left alive haha

No idea about the second question. Someone that finished the game will have to answer that.

Yeah you can.
You can stay up top and use the Tranq Rifle to clear a lot of them and then jump down to take out the rest. Also you may be able to quickly disable the helicopter which also ends the mission and saves Singh as well.

1st mission spoilers:

Ended up
running to the Chopper with Active Camo
. Felt like I was forced to do that,
because there was no way for me to save Singh with a Tranq Rifle. Couldn't shoot from the top either, since the sandstorm already hit and you can't see anything from up there. Not even with Smart Vision.

black070

If you're playing on the PS4, some dialogue comes from the speaker on the controller, perhaps you've muted it ?

Mine dispatched Friday and arrived Saturday. I'd get in touch with them if I were you.

I've emailed them but nothing yet.

Trashbat? Nathan Barely reference? That's well Jackson.

Edit: Their phone is redirecting to voicemail, could be a few annoyed customers wondering where their deliveries are.

Nintendad

1st mission spoilers:

Ended up
running to the Chopper with Active Camo
. Felt like I was forced to do that,
because there was no way for me to save Singh with a Tranq Rifle. Couldn't shoot from the top either, since the sandstorm already hit and you can't see anything from up there. Not even with Smart Vision.

I feel like I should have gone with the rifle. I wasn't able to say Singh, but I did manage to stop the chopper.

When I first started the game it kept crashing. I had to do a full reset of my sister for it to work. Anyone else have this issue? I'm playing on Xbox One.

Mifec

I feel like I should have gone with the rifle. I wasn't able to say Singh, but I did manage to stop the chopper.

When I first started the game it kept crashing. I had to do a full reset of my sister for it to work. Anyone else have this issue? I'm playing on Xbox One.

rip sister

SCB3

What a poor decision to delay the unlock times, I have a full day off and cannot play it on Steam until 5pm?

Compsiox

Banned
I beat half of Human Revolution today and watched a recap for the rest.

Can't wait to play Mankind Divided tomorrow (today technically)!

Kvik

Not even, there's probably some multi gig day one patch that will take 1 hour+ to download on my peasant internet.

You forgot the unpacking too since it's a preload :^)

Let's add 1/2 hour troubleshooting for when the game decide to crash to desktop (for whatever reason), and another 1/2 hour of struggle to get some decent frametimes.

Oh, what the hell, let's call it 4am for some of us to finally play proper. :p

Mifec

Let's add 1/2 hour troubleshooting for when the game decide to crash to desktop (for whatever reason), and another 1/2 hour of struggle to get some decent frametimes.

Oh, what the hell, let's call it 4am for some of us to finally play proper. :p

I can't add those in good consciousness because I almost never have issues like those. Unless you were joking.

Lima

The Human Recolution recap video in the extras is surprisingly detailed. Worth a watch before you start MD provided you haven't replayed it in anticipation of course.

Mœbius

Human Revolution was one of the most memorable things I played last gen so super excited about starting this today; currently listening to this to get me in the mood...

oQSgnEs.png

ekim

Is the game designed around having the UI elements visible? I know I can turn them off but if there are no other indications how to get to an objective I will just leave it at default.

quoting myself. Still want to know this :-*

Paasei

It's a worldwide Steam release. Still about 7 hours to go for everyone.

That is one of the reasons I do not like Steam.

"No no no no, you will wait longer, cause it isn't today just yet in some other part of the world. We are nice and still cannot count to 3, enjoy your day =)"

Need to know how good the PC version is in terms of how it runs. I have a gtx 970, 16gb RAM and an i5-4460.
I don't think there's anyone yet who can tell me this so far. I don't like to wait so long for a game I'm excited for.

Top Bottom