• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Kvik

I can't add those in good consciousness because I almost never have issues like those. Unless you were joking.

I am half joking. :) Although since I have an SLI system, it's going to be interesting to see whether AFR2 will work properly since Squeenix has neglected to include SLI compat bits in the new Nvidia driver.

haikira

Could someone be so kind to list which platforms have a FOV slider?

I'm guessing it's only the PC, but just wanted to make sure.

Just spent 3 hours sleuthing around an apartment complex and then following a paper trail to other parts of the hub city because i was suspicious of a certain NPC... i haven't even started the second main story mission yet. Fantastic game.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Do augs and praxis kits carry over between the main game and the preorder mission or is it like the missing link from the first game?

Simply Games seem to have left their phone off the hook.

This is really disappointing, whenever i've used them before they've been fantastic.

Simply Games seem to have left their phone off the hook.

This is really disappointing, whenever i've used them before they've been fantastic.

Fuckkkkk sake. Proper annoyed at them. Last time I'll be using them. Knew I should of just stuck with TGC.

On-topic though. I'm loving the positive impressions from the soundtrack.

mabec

That is one of the reasons I do not like Steam.

"No no no no, you will wait longer, cause it isn't today just yet in some other part of the world. We are nice and still cannot count to 3, enjoy your day =)"

Need to know how good the PC version is in terms of how it runs. I have a gtx 970, 16gb RAM and an i5-4460.
I don't think there's anyone yet who can tell me this so far. I don't like to wait so long for a game I'm excited for.

I have the exact same setup but a 4670k
Also, Steam used to have different timezones when their games got released, and i think it still happens in some cases, but people used VPN to play it earlier and Valve hates that. Now using a VPN gets you banned

Hixx

My SimplyGames order hasn't arrived either. Never had an issue in the past but it's VERY rare something sent first-class doesn't arrive in 3 working days. If it's not here tomorrow I'll be fucking miffed.

Saying that I ordered the PC version because I am weak. 6 hours to go :D.... :(

My SimplyGames order hasn't arrived either. Never had an issue in the past but it's VERY rare something sent first-class doesn't arrive in 3 working days. If it's not here tomorrow I'll be fucking miffed.

Saying that I ordered the PC version because I am weak. 6 hours to go :D.... :(

Haha exactly the same boat. There are so many people who have had dispatch notes on friday and still not received the game. Just seen their facebook page and a fair few people are in the same boat as us. Roll on PC release though!

Acorn

Guess I'm taking a walk to the shops for the game then. Three is pretty much no way Simply actually dispatched on Friday morning for this many people to have issues.

BeeDog

Picked up my PS4 copy just now during the lunch break but won't be able to play it until tomorrow at the earliest, or if I'm super-unlucky, until Tuesday next week. HYPE.

Anung

Un Rama
Guess I'm taking a walk to the shops for the game then. Three is pretty much no way Simply actually dispatched on Friday morning for this many people to have issues.

They lost my trust after last time. Can't remember what game it was but they sent out dispatch e-mails to stop people cancelling pre-orders even though they hadn't actually been sent out. Unless the game is unusually cheap I stick with Shopto or TGC.

That is one of the reasons I do not like Steam.

"No no no no, you will wait longer, cause it isn't today just yet in some other part of the world. We are nice and still cannot count to 3, enjoy your day =)"

Need to know how good the PC version is in terms of how it runs. I have a gtx 970, 16gb RAM and an i5-4460.
I don't think there's anyone yet who can tell me this so far. I don't like to wait so long for a game I'm excited for.
It has nothing to do with Steam.

This is all on Square Enix.

Yu Narukami

I like RPG's, I like shooters but I really hate stealth games. This game looks interesting and I haven't played a shooter in ages. Can I kill everything without penalties? I want to shoot things and play without thinking too much.
Is there an easy difficulty?

Next time you guys just buy digital.

In the UK, digital is usually around £10 more expensive than disc. Plus I like to sell my games on (apart from a few exceptions) anyway.

That said, I also believe UK Steam downloads are locked up until 5pm this evening...

v0mitg0d

Loving the game so far but one thing seems a little weird, it's normal that when somebody is communicating to you, you only have is text ? Since i see the voice line moving, it's a little off that there is no actual voice.

Go into options> audio> and change the audio communications from your controller speaker to the TV.

nOoblet16

So has anyone figured out what the hell is up with that unoperable door in the basement of that bar run by Teresa next to Jensen's apartment? She just says there are some supplies...all I see there is a bottle of whiskey, a datapads that gives me a code to a door that I don't know anything abouy and an unoperable door.

Note: This has nothing to dow with a story or side mission, it's just a random merchant that you give a bottle of Neuropozyne and says that she wants to repay you with some extra supplies.

1st mission spoilers:

Ended up
running to the Chopper with Active Camo
. Felt like I was forced to do that,
because there was no way for me to save Singh with a Tranq Rifle. Couldn't shoot from the top either, since the sandstorm already hit and you can't see anything from up there. Not even with Smart Vision.
Git Gud Akai
You can go all the way down and take people out from there instead. Plus it also makes things easier if you have stun pistol.

nOoblet16

Does anyone know how to access the DLC stuff in game?
The weapons? You got to inventory and press L2.
The outfits are selectable from pause menu and the mission is selectable from main menu under Jensen stories. You should wait until you finish mission 7 until you play that.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Unlock time delayed? ugh, woke up early for nothing

UHMNByd.gif

nOoblet16

This game has the weirdest default control scheme.
I mentioned in my impressions, it's the best way to play it since it's the only one that allows you to use an aug while being able to use both analogue sticks. And also the only one apart from Breach mode that allows you to access the weapon wheel and aug wheel via separate commands...otherwise you have to go to inventory wheel first and then switch to aug wheel.

It might be different but it is the most functionally efficient control scheme for this game. It's all down to the fact that the game simply does not limit your abilities and you get access to as much augs as fast as possible using the limitation of a controller.

level1

I paid 60€ for the deluxe edition with the season pass. I'm pretty sure that's the best option.

Buying games on disc in 2016 LUL

Don't quite understand what's so funny about getting to play games 3/4 days before release date

nOoblet16

I paid 60€ for the deluxe edition with the season pass. I'm pretty sure that's the best option.

Buying games on disc in 2016 LUL
Well considering I finished the game on Sunday only because I decided to go for the disc version...are you still laughing ? :p

nOoblet16

This is the NPC and the door I am talking about. If anyone ever figures out what this is please PM me lol. Her shop is right next to Jensen's apartment in front of another merchant that sells information for Neuropozyne.

The door

EvreW58.jpg

She says "supplies"
ULmp4vv.jpg

These are the supplies..lel
LgpJcDQ.jpg

valkyre

I was on a media blackout (well mostly) so bare with me and I apologize for asking questions that have already been answered:

A) I understand there is only one hub this time... is it at least significant in size compared to the previous game?

B) I saw a few people mentioning game length. Some stating that they completed the campaign as well as 90% of side quests in very few hours (15? something like that). Does that hold true?

C) I also heard about the story being lackluster compared to what we had last time. Is it that bad?

Again I am sorry for asking these questions yet again, I just dont want to go through the entire thread.

Thanks.

Aww I think my game won't get delivered later today. Was hoping to play a bit after work but I guess I'll just have to sleep and wake up and hope it's delivered by the time I wake up.

level1

It isn't and it's nothing to brag about either.

No one said anything about bragging. Getting games on disc means you'll frequently get to play them early, and that sure as hell beats having to wait for some shitty global unlock timer to expire.

Tovarisc

This is the NPC and the door I am talking about. If anyone ever figures out what this is please PM me lol. Her shop is right next to Jensen's apartment in front of another merchant that sells information for Neuropozyne.

So weird to read posts like this in OT and even posts that are just huge blocks of spoiler tag when game isn't even out for everyone to play. I get it this isn't story critical stuff or maybe not even side-quest, but same time would love to find this stuff by my own. If there isn't spoiler thread for discussion about story and solving stuff like this I guess I should bail from OT.

Ulysses 31

No one said anything about bragging. Getting games on disc means you'll frequently get to play them early, and that sure as hell beats having to wait for some shitty global unlock timer to expire.

If you're mainly a consolre gamer, sure.

As much as I'd like to play games I'm looking for to ASAP, I'm also patient enough to not let a few days delay ruin my day/sleep.

Top Bottom