• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

gossi

If you come into an OT where the game is out on the two biggest platforms, you're going to get spoiled for place names and screenshots. It is what it is. Wait until you have the game?

Lima

If you come into an OT where the game is out on the two biggest platforms, you're going to get spoiled for place names and screenshots. It is what it is. Wait until you have the game?

Spoiler outrage culture at its finest that's what it is.

SJRB

Gold Member
The stun gun is so much better than the tranq rifle it is not even funny.

Only downside is that it has like 5 feet range. It doesn't connect to thugs standing 7 feet away, literally 7 feet. At least, in my experience so far.

Pixieking

Banned

Yeah, I suppose... I totally understand that for when there's an actual gap between releases (like, 1 week+), but considering this is just a matter of days? Also, isn't it a worldwide same-day release for all platforms? The fact that people have been playing it early...

Eh, anyways, yes, if I get spoiler'd now, it's my own damn fault. :D Leaving the thread for now. :)

gossi

Spoiler outrage culture at its finest that's what it is.

I don't think it's that, it's just people expecting the game not to be discussed in any depth in the OT because they haven't played it yet, when a majority are playing. I think the OT has to.. be the OT. Platforms getting delayed is probably another topic.

also want to voice my dissapointment in simplygames - gave up and ordered from amazon when it didn't show in the post today. god bless evening delivery!
ridiculously excited to play this game, the brief clips i've seen looked fantastic.

Not Drake

How many NPCs buy the Breach soft from you? Atleast one in Prague is bugged for me. The conversation plays out normally, but whenever I'm ready to see what he has in store the window doesn't appear and I can't exit without loading a save. I'm on PS4.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well usually there's a spoiler thread and as long as people use the thing called spoiler tags and not hot link unmarked img urls that contain major spoilers it's all fine.

I mean the release is officially today so if you post a un-tagged story or plot point that's just you being a jackass :)

Paganmoon

So I'm happily walking into town during lunch to pick the game up from Gamestop, get there, and the fucking store is closed cause they're moving 20 meters. Opening again on Friday. No info on the homepage. The hell is this shit?? :(

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So just got back from vacation, preloaded the game, but now for whatever reason every game I open up is running at like 25 FPS or lower...

Latest drivers, nothing changed since before leaving.

Ugh. Going to try and find a solution before this unlocks.

So just got back from vacation, preloaded the game, but now for whatever reason every game I open up is running at like 25 FPS or lower...

Latest drivers, nothing changed since before leaving.

Ugh. Going to try and find a solution before this unlocks.

Could you elaborate?

It hasn't unlocked on PC yet.

BigTnaples

Can you elaborate?

It hasn't unlocked on PC yet.

As in, booting up old games or new games results in me getting low, unplayable FPS.

Temps are good, clocks are good, but for whatever reason, every game on my PC is running like garbage all of the sudden. Which is going to be terrible if I can't fix it by the time this game unlocks.

Lima

Will getting a 'suspicious' or 'searching' notification count towards the no alarms trophy?

No. Just like in Human Revolution you have to either trigger an alarm by failing a hacking mini game, getting spotted by cameras etc. or an enemy has to go to an alarm and trigger it after seeing you. They can even be hostile and fire at you as long as no alarm is triggered. Also keep an eye out for the xp pop ups at the end of the mission. If you get points for being a ghost you are good.

Not Drake

Will getting a 'suspicious' or 'searching' notification count towards the no alarms trophy?

Unless there's an "Alarm" status you should be good. Atleast that's how it worked in Human Revolution. We got to wait for confirmations. I'm on mission 14 without clear situations with alarm triggered aside from a weird moment in a friendly location. I'll see if that screwed me up and report after I finish the game.

As in, booting up old games or new games results in me getting low, unplayable FPS.

Temps are good, clocks are good, but for whatever reason, every game on my PC is running like garbage all of the sudden. Which is going to be terrible if I can't fix it by the time this game unlocks.

Oh sorry, I read it as "pre-loaded the game, but now for whatever reason every game session (of Deus Ex) I open up is running at like 25 FPS or lower".

Sounds weird though. Try deleting your current driver and re-install the latest one. Check if fullscreen/windowed makes a difference.

Is this true for all games you've tried?

Killyoh

Do you have a dual screen? I don't know why but sometimes driver updates ignores the GPU on dual screen configurations in a few cases and run games via the CPU graphic chipset. Saw that a lot of times in these situations.

Pixieking

Banned

(Okay, I lied a little when I said I was leaving the thread... Skim reading it now to make sure I don't hit untagged spoilers. Anyways...)

How long was your vacation? Assuming you're on Windows 10, the Anniversary update got released at the beginning of August, so it may be that Windows Update is hogging CPU-cycles. Have you checked in Task Manager to see if there's anything unusual/performance-heavy running?

aravuus

In addition to the other tips, check if your GPU core usage is at almost 100% when playing and possibly even stays there afterwards. Could be a bitcoin miner.

-GJ-

No. Just like in Human Revolution you have to either trigger an alarm by failing a hacking mini game, getting spotted by cameras etc. or an enemy has to go to an alarm and trigger it after seeing you. They can even be hostile and fire at you as long as no alarm is triggered. Also keep an eye out for the xp pop ups at the end of the mission. If you get points for being a ghost you are good.

Unless there's an "Alarm" status you should be good. Atleast that's how it worked in Human Revolution. We got to wait for confirmations. I'm on mission 14 without clear situations with alarm triggered aside from a weird moment in a friendly location. I'll see if that screwed me up and report after I finish the game.

Thanks! I can go on without having to worry about ruining my save then :).

Relceroi

Neo Member
It feels like such an ordeal always having to register somewhere to get access to whatever "extra" concent the game that you already bought happens to be bundled with. First the registration site doesn't accept special characters that it itself suggests are acceptable and then it claims that the passwords do not match despite me having used copy & paste to make sure they were identical. I don't even know what a cover agent pack or a set of digital books are supposed to be in this context, but there's an extra mission included so what can you do...

Ended up buying the PS4 version. I've been waiting for this for a good long while.

Simply Games folks, just got this email.

Thanks for your recent order for Deus Ex Mankind Divided,

We are writing to let you know that although your order was shipped on Friday 19th August, we have this morning been informed by Royal Mail that a small batch of our orders have actually been directed to the wrong depot and therefore have been delayed in the Royal Mail system. We believe that your order is included within this batch.

The delayed parcels are being recalled and your order will be re-shipped from our warehouse today as a matter of urgency.

We apologise sincerely for this delay and assure you that your re-shipped order will be with you very soon.

Should you receive both the original and the re-shipped order then please let us know and we will provide returns information for one of the two parcels.

Kindest Regards

SimplyGames Customer Service Team
www.simplygames.com

Where's my option to get a refund and go to the store with my money? Also, I wonder about the Simply Games definition of 'small batch'

We are writing to let you know that although your order was shipped on Friday 19th August, we have this morning been informed by Royal Mail that a small batch of our orders have actually been directed to the wrong depot and therefore have been delayed in the Royal Mail system. We believe that your order is included within this batch.

The delayed parcels are being recalled and your order will be re-shipped from our warehouse today as a matter of urgency.

We apologise sincerely for this delay and assure you that your re-shipped order will be with you very soon.

Should you receive both the original and the re-shipped order then please let us know and we will provide returns information for one of the two parcels.

Kindest Regards

www.simplygames.com

Where's my option to get a refund and go to the store with my money? Also, I wonder about the Simply Games definition of 'small batch'

Never go full physical.

Sorry, I feel for you bro. :( I hope you can get it soon.

Kindest Regards

www.simplygames.com

Yup just got it too. Calling bollocks on it being a small amount of people though lol.

Kindest Regards

www.simplygames.com

Im gonna try cancel then.

BigTnaples

Thanks for everyone's help, not sure what it was but a few reboots and messing with driver defaults and whatnot seems to have fixed it for now.

Now just waiting on that unlock.

Amazon just dropped off my game, they just used their own delivery service (not usps,ups,or fedex) and it was delivered at 8:16 in the morning. I like their service, the earlier its dropped off the better. Now I have to wait for this to install...

Never go full physical.

Sorry, I feel for you bro. :( I hope you can get it soon.

There's a fair few of us on here in the same boat. I'll just pop out and buy a copy of the shelf shortly.

I don't get the digital love, I only buy AAA games digital if they're in a really good sale. Changing discs is a minor inconvenience when I can sell old games on ebay - there's few games I consider so great that I would want them in my digital library forever. Plus in the UK, digi releases tend to have inflated prices (around £10 more than retail) which doesn't exactly sweeten the deal.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Watched Dansgaming play PC version for several hours yesterday. I wanted to see how fucked port is like that one benchmark paints it as. It's very solid port with good performance. Cutscene stuff after completing prologue caused Dan few CTD's when he had SLI enabled, disabling SLI for that cutscene allowed him past it and after that was able to play with SLI enabled.

For him SLI increases performance while for some SLI decreases performance in MD.

Port isn't fucked.

Honestly, I think it must be something they either uncovered just recently, or something that they think MIGHT happen to be bad enough to justify this.

It's the only thing I can think of that doesn't immediately mean there's an issue, but they KNOW there's potential for one, especially with how late they released the info for the launch time.

Any good tips for the first hour(like "easy to miss praxis kit here, grab this thing, etc")? Waiting on the PS4 version to install.

WITHE1982

Amazon just dropped off my game, they just used their own delivery service (not usps,ups,or fedex) and it was delivered at 8:16 in the morning. I like their service, the earlier its dropped off the better. Now I have to wait for this to install...

Same here. Got mine from Amazon at 10am just posted through the letterbox.

Sucks for those who've ordered through Simply Games. They've always been great in the past for me and never missed a launch date.

Top Bottom