• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

injurai

Banned
Wasn't the idea of using yellow in HR a style choice based on matching the story of Icarus - flying too close to the sun and losing the feathers of his wings.

Not sure if that will be as relevant this time around

It was those shaded augmented shades Jensen wore on his face.

Malik died, because Jensen left her to die. It's maybe canon? :(

I hope not. :(

DID HE? WOULD HE DO THAT?

_woLf

Yeah, I liked him as well. Sure, he was irritating, but also a fairly interesting character. I also liked how, despite their differences, he was pretty much the only person Jensen could trust by the end of the game.

YOU COULD TRUST MALIK
if you saved her ;___;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
first person?

I never asked for this :/

Red Hood

Banned
first person?

I never asked for this :/

Not+sure+if+pingpong+ball+or+extasy+to+girls+cup+_c769085a4950ad515c1a3f89c6d1fb21.png

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I am just beside myself right now. Why would you take out the best character in the game? Malik was amazing just for being a pilot, and filled with such potential for the next entree points in the series to become a bigger part. And then all of a sudden she's just shafted like that? Absolutely ridiculous.

hemtae

Hopefully they pick up a few more lessons from the original but Human Revolution was a good attempt at a resurrection.

Kalor

I don't know how I feel about Jensen being back but I'm still excited for the game. From that translated text, it seems they are focusing on larger consequences for your actions and showing that through the gameplay.

Red Hood

Banned
I just hope it's not a shooter... lots of guns in those photos, and even sneaking behind a crate with a huge rifle lol
I'm not worried. DX:HR had a lot of lethal shit in its respective marketing as well, I suppose stealth just isn't a big selling point for a lot of people. I'm more than positive we'll see the exact same options as in HR, if not more.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Original Deus Ex is my GOAT. Human Revolution was damn good. Amazing visuals. Story wasn't as compelling in the end but had cool ideas.

Those are unashamedly bullshots though. Hype levels are real though.

Same here. It's a little difficult to reconcile how we get from Human Revolution / Mankind Divided to the original game in terms of story and how the world looks.

I'm not sure I like what's happening to the story with everyone and their dog getting augmentations, and humanity dividing into "Us vs Them", the augs and non-augs.. In the original game, basically no-one even has augmentations. It's not a thing.

The only people in the original game with augs are you, Paul,
Walton Simons
, Gunther, Anna, Sam Carter (kind of, not mentioned), and
kind of Bob Page
at the end. Not even guys like Morgan Everett, a billionaire, have them. You come away feeling like even in 2052, this is a rare, special and highly restricted technology.

It loses something when so many people on the street have them I think. But anyway, that ship has sailed, that's the way the canon is headed now. Still super pumped and I hope they do a good job. Only a few things that desperately need fixing from HR.

Extremely excited for new Deus Ex but extremely disappointed that it's featuring Jensen again. He was a cool character but I felt the ending for DE:HR had good closure.

I was hoping for a new character (maybe even female, would be interesting I think to change up the character like that compared to previous games) and not a Jensen rehash for a pre- or sequel story.

We'll see what it amounts to come E3. Just pls no multiplayer nonsense that nobody cares about.

Tizoc

That's not Deus Ex. Please play other games.
I've replayed Deus Ex HR like 3 times by now and enjoyed it, but I recently played Talos Principle which offer both First person and third person view modes.

I am just beside myself right now. Why would you take out the best character in the game? Malik was amazing just for being a pilot, and filled with such potential for the next entree points in the series to become a bigger part. And then all of a sudden she's just shafted like that? Absolutely ridiculous.

Wait really? As an arab I am disappointed, she was a great character in HR,
You saving her is one of the best moments in the game

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Faridah "Fly girl" Malik better be alive, Eidos Montreal OR ELSE.

I'm hyped, I'm bloody hyped. I asked this since before I finished the last game, it was amazing. One of the best games of the generation.

By the way, it could be 2015, or even 2020, and I doubt I'll ever get a first person Uncharted or Gears of War game, so don't make the devs make it third person.

Why are people talking about Crysis?

Graphics, and gun modification.

how many years do you guys think Mankind Divided is after HR?

I hope that it starts right after HR. After what happened towards the end of last game, the conflict between augmented and non augmented people would be immediate.

Console limitations are a bitch.

That jump in RAM hopefully will help.

_woLf

It's really weird how they single out the loss of Malik as a main thing in that article. It makes me wonder if it's a plot point in the game and Jensen gets really upset about it. That's really the only justification I can think of for it, otherwise it's an unnecessary replacement of an awesome character that people liked a lot.

Maybe they'll have two dropships, depending on if you saved her or not in HR? I wonder if the game will have any way reading your HR game saves. It'd make sense in a game like this.

Extremely pleased with Human Revolution when I got to experience it shortly after its initial release. Gaming can never get enough cyberpunk goodness! I'm curious as to whether Eidos will re-release a next-gen port of the "Director's Cut" version in light of the announcement. Also, the screenshots are looking quite nice and I'm looking forward to witnessing the Universe trilogy come to fruition assuming those production plans are still on the table.

Top Bottom