• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

MaddenNFL64

Same here. It's a little difficult to reconcile how we get from Human Revolution / Mankind Divided to the original game in terms of story and how the world looks.

I'm not sure I like what's happening to the story with everyone and their dog getting augmentations, and humanity dividing into "Us vs Them", the augs and non-augs.. In the original game, basically no-one even has augmentations. It's not a thing.

The only people in the original game with augs are you, Paul,
Walton Simons
, Gunther, Anna, Sam Carter (kind of, not mentioned), and
kind of Bob Page
at the end. Not even guys like Morgan Everett, a billionaire, have them. You come away feeling like even in 2052, this is a rare and special technology.

It loses something when so many people on the street have them I think. But anyway, that ship has sailed, that's the way the canon is headed now. Still super pumped and I hope they do a good job. Only a few things that desperately need fixing from HR.

Yep, the only people who got aug'd were spec ops, normal people thought it was weird, but it wasn't some existential crisis like it is in these games. How are they gonna reconcile their crap with the original?

specdot

Well, guess it's time for me to finally play Human Revolution. I still have that download from when it was offered on PS+. Now is a good time as ever to play it I guess.
Any tips?
I read that you can screw yourself over on some bosses without the proper skill tree progression.

ash_ag

The thread reaction to no Malik speaks volumes. She is one of those characters that become beloved through their subtle and well-written dialogue, rather than heavy-effort development. She'd be perfect to see in a sequel.

0g2EkPs.jpg

I refuse to believe she has been written off. She'll be back.
T_T

Red Hood

Banned
Wonder if Sarif will be back

Aaadaaaaam! I need you to read this in my voice, son!

If Adam's back, I have no doubt Sarif's back too. Same thing with Taggart and Hugh Darrow. Hopefully cameos of
Bob Page and Megan Reed
and their "D-Project" as well.

cackhyena

Not digging the idea of following Jensen more. None of those screens impress either. Hope the E3 showing turns me around.

Looks like classic Crytek style bullshots.

Consider how early the game is right now.

These images were likely setup in the editor using whatever maps they could polish up for some shots. I would expect them to change quite a bit over time.

Then consider they probably don't have this very playable right now, so all characters are dropped into the editor and posed with a ton of effects added on top.

So yeah. These are concept shots. Don't take them at face value and you'll be just fine.

gelf

Good news. One of the few FPS series I give a crap about. I really liked HR aside from the boss fights.

Maybe we can get Jock back as the pilot instead of Malik. Currently DXHR and the original/IW might as well exist in different universes beyond similar themes and Bob Page, it needs something more to connect them.

It was Darrow, though ironically
his body rejected the technology and he got jealous

so its sort of like an edison vs. tesla thing between Darrow and Sarif

Darrow is the genius..the brains behind human augmentation

and Sarif is the one that profits off of it

KillySG10

Neo Member
Super psyched for this, loved Human Revolution, though i will admit, ive never played through the original Deus Ex, gonna get on that asap, its just sitting in my steam library waiting, one question though, is it worth going through Invisible War afterwards?

Damerman

fucking finally someone bothered to rip this off from crysis

I don't remember if it was in the previous DE, I think not ^^

seriously... even crytek are afraid of ripping things off from Crysis
jk crysis 3 is actually quite good, but not that great compared to the first

I'm so happy everyone is happy for this... can you imagine what it would be like if they fucked up Human revolution and sullied the Deus Ex franchise?

Stimpack

One of the worst endings to any video game I've ever played, and the boss fights were ridiculous, but I'd be interested in seeing another one. There were enough interesting aspects to warrant another, hopefully they learn from their mistakes.

MaddenNFL64

Maybe we can get Jock back as the pilot instead of Malik. Currently DXHR and the original/IW might as well exist in different universes beyond similar themes and Bob Page, it needs something more to connect them.

I just want to see where they're taking this augmentation vs "normies" thing. Not my favorite aspect of HR, but if it leads to the original games story well, i'll give it a pass.

And yes, I would love to see a young Jock show up.

Fandangox

The thread reaction to no Malik speaks volumes. She is one of those characters that become beloved through their subtle and well-written dialogue, rather than heavy-effort development. She'd be perfect to see in a sequel.

I refuse to believe she has been written off. She'll be back.
T_T

You can save her, so she may be back.

Wow! This is great news.

Its kind of sad these days when you get excited over an announcement just because its a new next gen only game. But I did really enjoy human revolution as well.

Brofield

Man, that reminds me I still have to finish Human Revolution on Wii U.

Ah well, at least I'll probably have a PS4 by the time this releases.

Top Bottom