• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I played through HR twice and enjoyed it thoroughly. No problem with the shootyshootbang in these pictures as stealth doesn't screenshot very well. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

prwxv3

oh for fucks sake just because the game has guns does not make it a shootbang game. After being served crow multiple times from recent games you would think this shit would stop.

Replicant

Forgot to say, Adam deserves an awesome bae this time around. His SO the last time around was so AWFUL, I was actually angry at the character and feels so bad for Adam.

injurai

Banned
Soooooooooooo.........

How will they justify stripping Adam of all his augmentations gathered in the first game so that we may build them back up again.

Or will they make a few of the augmentations stock as being part of HR's canon.

Soooooooooooo.........

How will they justify stripping Adam of all his augmentations gathered in the first game so that we may build them back up again.

Kidnapped/experimented on/NSA etc. Possibilities are endless.

Skux

About damn time. Loved the game design of HR. And Adam Jensen's ridiculous dozen-cigarettes-a-day voice. And even the piss filter which made it stand out from other FPS games.

Soooooooooooo.........

He'll get hurt in a battle against Ridley at the start of the game.

bigace33

LL_zps2f61fd62.gif

Great news to come home to after work.

Wallach

Soooooooooooo.........

Didn't they already do this once for Missing Link pretty much? There's all kinds of ways to explain away his augmentation state between HR and this. It doesn't really seem that important.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Soooooooooooo.........

Probably
"Sarif Industries is out of business (if what a Gaffer said it's true), we have to change your augs to more recent ones"
or something.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Didn't they already do this once for Missing Link pretty much? There's all kinds of ways to explain away his augmentation state between HR and this. It doesn't really seem that important.
Missing Link was the only time that trope has bothered me since it was so clearly shoehorned in mid story so he somehow gets his old augs back. Plus I couldn't use my bizarrely OP 9mm.

Kvik

oh for fucks sake just because the game has guns does not make it a shootbang game. After being served crow multiple times from recent games you would think this shit would stop.

I never really like to ready my weapon in DXHR unless the situation really calls for it (accidentally alerting a guard, for example).

God forbid the guards hear me unflips my stun gun, let alone discharging the rocket launcher.

Jintor

Those concept art screenies look really busy.

Hope they can make more fleshed out hubs. Every hub on the level of Detroit or better plz.

Good to see Jensen again. I wound up liking him a fair amount.

Unsure about the plot - what was even the point of making choices in HR if it's not going to affect this? Unless it's a prequel or something

hope there's a chapter in China again...

between Kane & Lynch, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman, and Human Revolution, we get a Chinese city shootouts in Square Enix games these days

especially for Hong Kong and Hengsha Shanghai though, gotta have it for Deus Ex. game definitely needs more of the Si Hung Tong and his son Tracer

InfernoNR

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

...OH did you see the ghost!? IT's ectoplasm. Did you see the ghost? It ran through here and slimed me, it was a spooky ghost!

I'm so damn excited, this will be the game I build a new PC for.

benzy

Eidos basically showed the game back in December but tried to make it seem like the image was just a tech demo.

We wanted to share a first glimpse of what we aim to achieve, with a screenshot taken directly from the Dawn Engine. Keep in mind – despite any hints you may pick up from this image, this screenshot was only taken in order to display the level of detail and artistic fidelity that is possible with the Dawn Engine.

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blog/dawn-engine

DAWN_ENGINE_inengine_screen_1.jpg

Now we know it was from Deus Ex.

1428435040-deus-ex-mankind-divided-screen-2.jpg

So i imagine this is set between Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex rather than a prequel to the prequel. If the former is true then that would have to mean JC Denton would make an appearance?????

WTF?! I get home from work and learn that one of my favorite last gen games is getting a direct sequel? Bring it on!

Really surprised (but not disappointed) that Jensen is back.

injurai

Banned
So i imagine this is set between Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex rather than a prequel to the prequel. If the former is true then that would have to mean JC Denton would make an appearance?????

JC Denton isn't even alive during HR, he's born 2 years later. So there is a huge gap in time there. Not to mention before Deux Ex JC's role is different than what it turns into during the course of the game.

But I would very much like to get another game surrounding JC at some point.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET RID OF THE BOSSFIGHTS!

Or at least Boss fights where you are forced to fight them with guns and such that'll screw over builds that focuses on Stealth/Non-Lethal takedowns.

Having said that, I'M IN.

Christmas has came early!!! I really enjoyed Human Revolution! I've been waiting for info on the next game in the series. This Game Informer issue can't land in my mailbox fast enough!

DOWN

Banned
CArKlyZ.gif

Away from GAF all day and look what I see listed in the threads. Wasn't expecting this news via cover reveal. And thank goodness the alluring Jensen voice is back.

Top Bottom