• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Dahbomb

Capcom might be the only company daring to release the gazillionth, half assed iteration of the same fatigued franchises while DMC is probably the most requested IP of the gaming world atm
I don't think they are going to be half assing this new MH game. Seems like they will finally move past PS2 graphics. Also it's bound to be Westernized which means changing up some mechanics.

Also first time it's on a high end console.

MBS

Banned
KH3 and Evil Within 2 (!) revealed today out of nowhere without any previous leaks or trademark registers. Don't believe the hype, and let's see how it goes tomorrow.

Kaztinka

Could it be? Could we possibly be less than a mere day away from the reveal?
Or perhaps, we're just on the path to another major disappointment, same as every year...

diabl0

Could it be? Could we possibly be less than a mere day away from the reveal?
Or perhaps, we're just on the path to another major disappointment, same as every year...

Could go any of these 3 ways based off rumours(good and bad)

1) MVC:I trailer ending with Dante which leads to a DMC5 trailer.

2) Capcom doesnt bother showing anything DMC related, rather, it winds up being the rumoured Monstor Hunter title for ps4. Worst case scenario is if they do show MH, that its not created by Itsuno. If so, then DMC aint happening for a while.

3) Neither is shown and we will have to wait for the next big event to speculate some more.

Heres hoping for number 1. Devil May Cry hasnt been on e3 stage since DMC4 trailer back when ps3 was unveiled.It needs it spotlight!

Sesha

Regardless of what, Capcom has to show something, unless they have big plans for TGS, because of the planned major title. DMC5, Monster Hunter PS4, Super Street Fighter V, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Revelations 3, Onimusha 5, Dino Crisis 4, whatever.

DMC at a MS conference? lulz.

Well no Capcom titles at MS conference, so time for Sony to lay the smackdown, and hope for a DMC title.

A lot of folks had convinced themselves that DMC5 at MS was at all possible. Since this year is special, I decided to believe them, just for the occassion. Even if there's just a 1% chance, I'll take it.

diabl0

A lot of folks had convinced themselves that DMC5 at MS was at all possible. Since this year is special, I decided to believe them, just for the occassion. Even if there's just a 1% chance, I'll take it.

Thats fair.

The Monstor Hunter trademark seems to heavily indicate a localised MH title for Switch, though we wont know truly till Nintys conference tomorrow, so heres hoping Itsunos title does wind up at Sonys conference.

Sesha

I guess "believe" was the wrong word. "Indulge in that fantasy", is a probably more apt phrase.

The speculation about Monster Hunter: World is so insubstantial. We have a trademark and a 4chan rumor about Capcom making a PS4 MH along with some internal strife. That's nothing, really. The rumor is a captivating story. You kinda want to believe it, while at the same time thinking "Capcom would never take that risk, upending the specific relationship they have with Nintendo and go with an expensive HD AAA MH to target a market that largely doesn't care about MH". And that's why I don't buy it. Because the rumor has that "might be true but might be fake which makes it feel even more believable" factor. It's a fantasy that plays into wishful thinking, with a bit of spice to it.

It's even made me doubt DMC5's chances of being at Sony's press conference tomorrow. Instead being at PSX. Which makes me think "that gives DMC5 more time, which makes sense because of so and so". DMC5 tomorrow almost feels too good to be true, and I want it to have more time than Capcom's silly 2.5 year plan allows. At the same time that's kind of the inverse of previously thinking DMC5 was gonna show at any time, which dates 1-2 years back (for me). I also don't believe Capcom would go away from that plan, especially looking at RE7 which had roughly 2.5 years in dev according to them, and what we've seen and heard of MvC: I.

So I'm sticking with DMC5 being announced tomorrow. The arguments pro are stronger than the arguments con. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Since the end goal is just DMC5, I lose nothing and have about as much to gain either way,

MBS

Banned
Today is the make it or break it day. Their whole corporate plan, their internal pipeline, marketing structure, suggesting a new DMC to be unveiled today with an early 2018 release. If that's not the case and Itsuno is involved on another project, then Capcom just killed one of their best moneymakers out there. If that's the case (and this is the worst case scenario here), then why don't just they sell the damn IP to someone who actually cares to do some serous shit with it. Again, if their internal plan goes just how i've predicted, we happy, they happy, both sides move on and DMC5 is a reality.

If that damned "bad" scenario pops, at least i'd be somewhat relieved with a possible Soul Calibur PS4 announcement, and don't forget that God of War 4 is just around the corner. Whatever happens the hack n' slash and action genre in general is making a strong comeback, and that thing alone is really important to me.

7:30 hours left to know.

I guess "believe" was the wrong word. "Indulge in that fantasy", is a probably more apt phrase.

The speculation about Monster Hunter: World is so insubstantial. We have a trademark and a 4chan rumor about Capcom making a PS4 MH along with some internal strife. That's nothing, really. The rumor is a captivating story. You kinda want to believe it, while at the same time thinking "Capcom would never take that risk, upending the specific relationship they have with Nintendo and go with an expensive HD AAA MH to target a market that largely doesn't care about MH". And that's why I don't buy it. Because the rumor has that "might be true but might be fake which makes it feel even more believable" factor. It's a fantasy that plays into wishful thinking, with a bit of spice to it.

It's even made me doubt DMC5's chances of being at Sony's press conference tomorrow. Instead being at PSX. Which makes me think "that gives DMC5 more time, which makes sense because of so and so". DMC5 tomorrow almost feels too good to be true, and I want it to have more time than Capcom's silly 2.5 year plan allows. At the same time that's kind of the inverse of previously thinking DMC5 was gonna show at any time, which dates 1-2 years back (for me). I also don't believe Capcom would go away from that plan, especially looking at RE7 which had roughly 2.5 years in dev according to them, and what we've seen and heard of MvC: I.

So I'm sticking with DMC5 being announced tomorrow. The arguments pro are stronger than the arguments con. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Since the end goal is just DMC5, I lose nothing and have about as much to gain either way,
I personally think the arguments against DMC5 reveal are bigger, but alas doesn't matter arguing when we will know today!

Oh and new Capcom montra should be, "we ain't going to do it, so pray someone else does". And that's what happened with MvC, new DBZ game has assists lol.

Sephzilla

The entire DMC fanbase today be like

swtn.gif

Sesha

I personally think the arguments against DMC5 reveal are bigger, but alas doesn't matter arguing when we will know today!

Oh and new Capcom montra should be, "we ain't going to do it, so pray someone else does". And that's what happened with MvC, new DBZ game has assists lol.

So far Monster Hunter World's trademark along with the rumor is the strongest con I've seen. And it still doesn't really hold up IMO.

Sesha

Wearing a shirt and tie for the occasion. Dah you should prep a post in the OT request thread for when the announcement happens. The moment the trailer ends or we see a logo, hit "Submit Reply".

Sesha

I swear if Itsuno is on Monster Hunter...

I might kill myself.

...well, not really. But fuck me if so, and not in a good way.

Until then I still believe.

I thought there would be at least one thing I was really into, but there was nothing. I'm now waiting for the nail in the coffin reveal that Monster Hunter World is Itsuno's project. I kinda hope it is so I can get off this train.

welp
I thought there would be at least one thing I was really into, but there was nothing. I'm now waiting for the nail in the coffin reveal that Monster Hunter World is Itsuno's project. I kinda hope it is so I can get off this train.

Yeah, this. One or two game elements in that demo sure looked Dragon's Dogma-ish.

Top Bottom