• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

MBS

Banned
Stars aligning..

Layden says the Japanese publishers are also coming back, listing off recent games like Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier: Automata, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV as examples. "That's super important for us," he says. "I think a lot of Japanese developers lost their way chasing the mobile games yen, if you will, but they're coming back to console in a major way. And speaking of, we'll have some big announcements at E3 in that precise vein."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385886

Dahbomb

This is mostly referring to Monster Hunter 5 though. I don't think Capcom has the cajones to unleash 2 major titles on us at E3.

MHXX Switch is already announced. Also with their projections for Japan being down the second year in a row, while projections for US and Europe being up I doubt their mystery big title is another Monster Hunter. Could be something other than DMC5, but definitely not MH, unless Capcom has gone mad(der) and expects a new MH to sell like shit in Japan.
Or like the rumors suggest, they might be working on a westernized MH game for PS4 that they expect to sell better at western markets. I really want to be wrong, but the possibility is there.

diabl0

This is mostly referring to Monster Hunter 5 though. I don't think Capcom has the cajones to unleash 2 major titles on us at E3.

What i don't get is Capcom stated that they have 1 major title in the works, which falls in line with Itsunos tweet. It doesnt seem likely Itsuno would be working on MH5, unless we wind up with Deep Down/DD.

What i don't get is Capcom stated that they have 1 major title in the works, which falls in line with Itsunos tweet. It doesnt seem likely Itsuno would be working on MH5, unless we wind up with Deep Down/DD.
I think it could be possible Itsuno might be working on the new MH... It will break my heart if I see "An Itsuno game" in teaser and then it's MH...

I think it could be possible Itsuno might be working on the new MH... It will break my heart if I see "An Itsuno game" in teaser and then it's MH...

1vsdXoVwp.gif

BadWolf

Tbh if they want to re-imagine MH for a new audience then Itsuno is probably one of the best men for the job at Capcom right now.

Of course I'd much rather he be working on DMC5 or DD2 but an MH by him would be something special as well.

Sesha

After how the past two years have gone, I'm not too hot on believing in more DMC5 rumors.

Or like the rumors suggest, they might be working on a westernized MH game for PS4 that they expect to sell better at western markets. I really want to be wrong, but the possibility is there.

Could be, but I doubt Capcom would do a PS4 MH without Sony's involvement somehow, and I doubt either of them would go all in on a all new HD MH built from the ground without testing the waters and having proof there is some kind of market for MH on PS4 first.

I mean, maybe it could happen, but it seems like a huge potential gamble.

They did last year. But this year Capcom will likely only have one major announcement for E3, since the unknown major title is likely early 2018. FY 2019 major titles will have to happen at TGS and later.

ezekial45

Banned
I absolutely believe that DMC5 is in development, like 100%, but I have a lot of doubts about it being at E3 this year. TGS or TGA, or even next year is more likely.

But DMC5 is a thing, yes. No doubt about that.

Sesha

I absolutely believe that DMC5 is in development, like 100%, but I have a lot of doubts about it being at E3 this year. TGS or TGA, or even next year is more likely.

But DMC5 is a thing, yes. No doubt about that.

TGS is not more likely. Capcom will probably never announce a non-spin-off sequel in a major global franchise like RE, DMC, SF and DR at TGS ever again.

It could happen at TGA or, more likely, PSX with a late 2018 release.

Anyway. The later the better, as that means it's been given a longer dev time. Capcom's constant insistence of a 2.5 year dev period is worrying to me.

If DMC5 is a no show at E3 I'm fucking traveling to PSX. Even if I have to stand outside for it.

But I still have hope of DMC5 at E3 because of this:

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/capcom-main-pipeline.png

They couldn't have been referring to DMC4SE, as that was FY2015.

diabl0

Gosh we got MH coming on switch, DD remaster on Ps4/Xbox, and now another MH title for Ps4. Based off the trademark title is seems to be just a localized title, possibly MH online coming to the west.

MBS

Banned
Some wack rumor can't rule out DMC5 from E3. Makes no sense from Capcom to only announce a single big game there, a ton of different trademarks are registered all the time. Only way for DMC not to be mentioned/delayed is Itsuno's possible involvement to another game. Then we re officially screwed.. If they don't show it anyway, at least we'll have God of War to ease the pain somewhat.

It's very easy to see how Monster Hunter World means no DMC5 at E3.
  • Capcom generally announces games within the 12 months of their release (besides REmake 2 cause that's "special")
  • Capcom has only listed one major unannounced title for this fiscal year
  • Capcom trademarks Monster Hunter World
  • We've had some rumors talking about Monster Hunter on PS4

Sesha

All we have are rumors from 4chan and a trademark. Although the timing is suspicious, we've had trademarks before that didn't end up being anything until further down the line.

Seyavesh

All we have are rumors from 4chan and a trademark. Although the timing is suspicious, we've had trademarks before that didn't end up being anything until further down the line.

i feel like they never really pan out to anything but the one exception i can think of is when RE: revelations 2 got leaked via trademark registration like, literally a full year and a half before it's announcement

diabl0

Pretty much this.

Capcom already has a MH on Switch coming out, a DD title remaster coming out, we don't need another freaking MH title. What we need is diversity, hence a Devil May Cry title. Come on Capcom/Sony, dont take the piss!

MBS

Banned
Capcom might be the only company daring to release the gazillionth, half assed iteration of the same fatigued franchises while DMC is probably the most requested IP of the gaming world atm

Top Bottom