• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

MBS

Banned
Devil May Cry 5 Switch exclusive/timed-exclusive anyone? I know the chances on this are really slim, but what if..

Kaztinka

They had like the perfect moment to segue into a DMC5 trailer after Rocket Raccoon shot the screen(imagine just a segue into Dante shooting a DMC5 logo, or jumping out of some window while shooting demons like a badass)
but nope, we got COD instead.....
Great job Capcom, great job Sony, you did good.

Astral Dog

Devil May Cry 5 Switch exclusive/timed-exclusive anyone? I know the chances on this are really slim, but what if..
Lol they barely have enough time to cover their already announced games, plus its 2017 focused its over.

TGS looking though we already know the reveal is this year even if december :)

diabl0

They had like the perfect moment to segue into a DMC5 trailer after Rocket Raccoon shot the screen(imagine just a segue into Dante shooting a DMC5 logo, or jumping out of some window while shooting demons like a badass)
but nope, we got COD instead.....
Great job Capcom, great job Sony, you did good.

This!

Just a simple logo wouldve gone a long way. Argh! Stupid capcom! Stupid Sony!

MBS

Banned
The plot thickens, everybody relax:

"Monster Hunter: World"
Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto
Executive Director / Art Director Akira Fujioka
Director Yuya Tokuda

We still have a missing Itsuno title

*announces DD2

/jk but DMC5 is really not dead, still..

Dahbomb

Confirmed that the director of MHW is NOT Itsuno:

Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto
Director Yuya Tokuda

Itsuno's mystery game is still MIA.

Edit: Beaten.

diabl0

Confirmed that the director of MHW is NOT Itsuno:

Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto
Director Yuya Tokuda

Itsuno's mystery game is still MIA.

Edit: Beaten.

THANK GOD!

Itsuno you bastard just leak your title!

Edit: I would piss myself if DMC5 is infact a 2017 title for Switch.

Next stop is PSX. TGS is a husk of its former self.

I really think there's a strong chance this PSX. Really

Really.

ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s1100-c15.jpg

The plot thickens, everybody relax:

We still have a missing Itsuno title

*announces DD2

/jk but DMC5 is really not dead, still..
phew

Kaztinka

Need some analysis of the Dante stuff in MVCI.

he got rekt by some marvel dude the moment the trailer started
Then ran away like a little bitch with the rest
and then threw Ebony & Ivory to Rocket Raccoon

also, fuck calling them "ladies"
That alone killed me inside

Like I would have been happy with a fucking logo. Just open up photoshop, blank canvas, text tool, Trajan Pro, "DMC5", Save as logo.png, show for a second after MvC:I, transition into cod or whatever.

Is that really so difficult?

Dahbomb

Since MH is the fiscal 2018 major title.. that means that DMC5 will be released after that time so sometime in fiscal 2019. That means mid to late 2018 release date for the game at earliest.

Based on how Capcom has been doing their unveils, that means PSX makes the most sense to unveil it at.

Sesha

Since MH is the fiscal 2018 major title.. that means that DMC5 will be released after that time so sometime in fiscal 2019. That means mid to late 2018 release date for the game at earliest.

Based on how Capcom has been doing their unveils, that means PSX makes the most sense to unveil it at.

Fiscal year 2018 by how Capcom counts it. Other than that, you're right.

In a way, I'm happy, since, if Itsuno's new game is DMC5, he'll have had almost three years of development on it if he started in late 2015. I'm guessing either Resident Evil 2 Remake or Revelations 3 is their early 2019 title. Or maybe we'll see Dino Crisis or Onimusha if anything more comes out of their franchise revival plans. Or maybe they were just referring to MvC Infinite and DMC5.

Anyway, now that I know Itsuno is not working on MH World I can relax a bit and move on until TGS and PSX.

jett

D-Member
dat Spider Man though🕷🕸, never before i seen prettier QTEs

Grab a controller, watch the Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock sequence in SM2, and pretend pressing random buttons will do anything for the outcome. It will be about the same experience!

Endo Punk

Spiderman did nothing for me, gameplay really put me off. God of War though, I mean dayam does the gameplay looks fun. Barlog be flexin. This is how you reinvent an IP. DMC needs a bit of reinvention, Im actually curious if they will drop "5" and go with a subtitle. But I trust Itsuno to deliver whatever maybe.

Fiscal year 2018 by how Capcom counts it. Other than that, you're right.

In a way, I'm happy, since, if Itsuno's new game is DMC5, he'll have had almost three years of development on it if he started in late 2015. I'm guessing either Resident Evil 2 Remake or Revelations 3 is their early 2019 title. Or maybe we'll see Dino Crisis or Onimusha if anything more comes out of their franchise revival plans. Or maybe they were just referring to MvC Infinite and DMC5.

Anyway, now that I know Itsuno is not working on MH World I can relax a bit and move on until TGS and PSX.

I just wished that they announced it early and then did a big data blowout some other day. Just let us know that this game exist.

Kaztinka

Time to investigate bois!

If you look at the "official" trailer for MvCI alone(that was not ripped straight from the press conference)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8seeZsWZ1CI

You'll notice that it cuts off right before the Dante scene and just fades into blackness
NOW!
I have come up with two plausible explanations for this phenomenon:
1- They were planning on showing DMC5 right after MvCI trailer, and that last bit was supposed to be part of DMC5's trailer, not MvCI. But something came up that prevented them from showing DMC5, could be time constraints, the new capcom plan, Sony cutting a deal for a PSX announcement, whatever.

2-They really don't give a shit about Uncle Dante and that last bit was a mistake

Is it just me, or do the character models in this game look worse than MvC3's from six years ago?

On DMC 5: I'll give it until PSX. After that, I'll write it off as another dead Capcom franchise.

Sesha

Remember that Itsuno is still announcing a new game this year. So if he's working on DMC, then we'll see it this year for sure.

I don't think DMC is at all dead. There's no reason for it to be. It's still one of Capcom's big franchises that they state, consecutively, is a key franchise for them. They've done new titles for lesser franchises (Dead Rising 4, MvC: Infinite), and less likely announcements (MvC: Infinite, RE2 Remake). Capcom wants to develop games on a 2.5 year basis and release big titles every year, with DLC in between releases. If they want to have that then they need multiple franchises in rotation. Since the fighting games are ostensibly long-term games-as-service titles, they only have RE, MH, DMC and DR to draw from, unless they release a Dragon's Dogma, Onimusha, Dino Crisis or a new IP.

And that character model looks like trash, holy shit. What the hell is Capcom doing with that game? Bad models, flat boring art style, small and lackluster roster with obvious shoo-ins (Sigma, Black Panther) being DLC.

Sesha

If there were videos of our faces after the MH World and MvC Infinite trailers I'm sure you could have added The Sound of Silence playing over the footage and made meme gold. I was legit Sad Afflecking through the entire conference. I had like four hours of sleep combined with four hours of sleep from the day before. I looked dead inside.

1- They were planning on showing DMC5 right after MvCI trailer, and that last bit was supposed to be part of DMC5's trailer, not MvCI. But something came up that prevented them from showing DMC5, could be time constraints, the new capcom plan, Sony cutting a deal for a PSX announcement, whatever.
I was thinking something similar, as much as it sounds like mental gymnastics/denial

Another possibility is Capcom actually considered that to be a tease for something at a later time, but it just fell completely flat

Sesha

A PSX announcement means we gotta wait 'til the end of the year.

TGS is closer, maybe they'll announce it there.

What doesn't look like crap in that game.

Capcom hasn't announced anything major at TGS for years now. Umbrella Corps was the last notable Capcom announcement at TGS. The only thing of any note that I can think of before that was DmC. Maybe there's been a Sengoku Basara, Monster Hunter or Ace Attorney in between that, but that would be it. Resident Evil 7, Dead Rising 4 and Monster Hunter: World were E3, and Street Fighter V and Infinite were PSX. TGS isn't big enough, I think, and I think that's what Capcom feels too.

I mean, it could happen. I certainly didn't see Monster Hunter World happening, as a Western-focused AAA HD MH that isn't even releasing in Japan (apparently). And many who thought a big MH was happening thought Itsuno was on it. Maybe DMC5 has a big focus on appealing to Japan. Although considering everything else they're doing, and general market trends, probably not. It's still possible. I'm open to the idea more than I was just earlier today. But PSX is far more likely.

Nova, Dr. Strange and Arthur look pretty good. I think overall the models aren't that bad. They just need to tweak a few, Dante and Chun-Li most of all.

Sephzilla

If development did start in 2015 I feel like we should have heard something by now. With the exception of the reboot, the franchise as a whole has followed a pretty solid 2/3 year cycle with its releases. DMC2 was 2 years after DMC1, DMC3 was 2 years after DMC2, DMC4 was 2 years after DMC3:SE (3 years after DMC3 vanilla), and DMC4SE was 2 years after DmC

MBS

Banned
If development did start in 2015 I feel like we should have heard something by now. With the exception of the reboot, the franchise as a whole has followed a pretty solid 2/3 year cycle with its releases. DMC2 was 2 years after DMC1, DMC3 was 2 years after DMC2, DMC4 was 2 years after DMC3:SE (3 years after DMC3 vanilla), and DMC4SE was 2 years after DmC

DMC5 will be another internal "reboot" for them, as it lies within their new strategy of refreshing old IP's. It could be out late 2018, early 2019 and that 2-2.5 year cycle will start from that particular release point and onwards.

The only solid data we have for now is that Itsuno has yet to announce his game sometime this year. And we also know that if it's anything else other than DMC5, then it's probably over. But it makes absolutely no sense not to be DMC imho. Let the leaks start from now on.

DMC5 will be another internal "reboot" for them, as it lies within their new strategy of refreshing old IP's. It could be out late 2018, early 2019 and that 2-2.5 year cycle will start from that particular release point and onwards.

The only solid data we have for now is that Itsuno has yet to announce his game sometime this year. And we also know that if it's anything else other than DMC5, then it's probably over. But it makes absolutely no sense not to be DMC imho. Let the leaks start from now on.

What's funny is that DMC3, DMC4, and DmC were all franchise reboots to one extent or another. At least story-wise, they've all attempted to set up a 'safe' jumping-in point for new players and have been afraid to be a full-on sequel.

What the core fanbase *wants* is a direct story followup to DMC3, really.

Sesha

Beyond Good and Evil 2
Metroid Prime 4
Shadow of the Colossus remake
Age of Empires 1 remake
Monster Hunter back on PlayStation, non-handheld
Call of Duty back in World War 2
Mainline Pokemon RPG for Switch in development but to be revealed
Metroid 2 3DS remake

On top of

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Shenmue 3
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Crash Bandicoot 1-3 Remake
Wipeout Omega Collection
Parappa, Patapon, LocoRoco remasters
Psychonauts 2
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Dragon Ball Fighters Z, ASW DBZ fighting game like GGXrd
System Shock 1 Remake
System Shock 3
Bloodstained

Even fucking Bubsy is coming back

But still no DMC.

Metroid Prime before DMC5. Any other long-dormant franchises to put to the test?

Monkey Island
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero
Medievil
SSX
Alundra
Tenchu
Shadow Hearts
Suikoden
Breath of Fire
Grandia
Wild Arms
Lunar
Legaia
Legend of Dragoon
Xenosaga
Startropics
Virtua Fighter
Soul Calibur
Samurai Shodown
The Last Blade
Garou
Bloody Roar
Ganbare Goemon
Brave Fencer Musashi
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy Tactics
Condemned
Fear
Dead Space
Syphon Filter
Warcraft
Red Alert
Commandos
Legacy of Kain
Conker
Battletoads
Perfect Dark
Turok
Burnout
Left 4 Dead
Portal
Half-Life
Spyro
Croc
Parasol Stars
New Zealand Story
Blaze & Blade
Guardian's Crusade
Phantasmagoria
Normality
Chzo Mythos (Yahtzee's horror adventure game series)
Dizzy (actually this came back already)

Edit: Even Metroid 2 is getting a 3DS remake. Mercury Steam tho simpsonsshirtneckpull.gif

Top Bottom