• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third lives!

Coxy

Really hope that isnt true. All those people mortgaging their lives to obtain a worthless IP? Would be stupid. they could just as easily have trucked on and called it something else

dmr87

Thank you based Itagaki.

smx.png

Itagaki is one of the best devs in the business right now. I'm surprised MS hasn't decided to simply bankroll whatever the guy is working on. They seemed to have a decent relationship with the DoA and Ninja Gaiden games.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I always thought about Bethesda/Zenimax?
Maybe they plan to add another dev-superstar to their catalogue after Mikami, who knows.

Highly unlikely, Zenimax love to buy the ips and studios to keep their money in the house and I don't see Itakagi giving them anything after getting the ip from THQ the hard way.

my money is on Microsoft.

If I had to bet money I'd say the new publisher is MS. CBOAT was talking about them scooping up exclusive japanese titles and they have had a working relationship with Itagaki in the past.

synce

Glad to hear Itagaki's still alive. He really fucked Tecmo over something fierce, their latest games are terrible and the sales reflect it. I just wish Itagaki would do at least one interview focusing on Devil's Third. His famitsu columns reveal nothing from what I've seen

Obviously going to be Microsoft. This guy was right up their ass before he got shitcanned from Tecmo, so that will definitely have been his first port of call when THQ cut him loose.

What are the chances it's Microsoft? Didn't they publish NG2 a few years back?

Very likely, however, the question would remain :- Why did they pass on it when THQ first started shopping it around?

That said, much as I hate to admit it, Itagaki doesn't seem to like Sony and any 3rd party would try and make Valhalla dumb the game down.

Its most likely MS. Dammit.

Irrelevant to what?

DmC and Hayashit and Yaiba fans.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
If the deal with Platinum games is also true. I do think the XB1 will have earned it's right as my 2nd next-gen console.

It might be part of Microsoft japan strategy (like the JRPG strategy with 360 early this gen), according to Spencer (interview with Famitsu last month) they are working with Japanese developers to get exclusive Xbox One titles for the Japanese market.

Well it's not really interesting as a current gen exclusive, however for next gen it would. So, I'm guessing it would have more to do with timing.

But this was only a year ago. They could of just got them to change platform then.

I think THQ's greed was a factor. Maybe they was asking wayyyyy too much for it.

Mechazawa

I don't believe anymore. If Devil's Third is reintroduced to the world at some point, I'll be the first one to go fucking berserk, but my heart can't handle this disappointment anymore.

Hindle

Banned
Didn't Spencer say they'll be hosting an event dedicated to thier Japanese approach? That's where I think we will see Devils Third resurface.

2San

But this was only a year ago. They could of just got them to change platform then.

I think THQ's greed was a factor. Maybe they was asking wayyyyy too much for it.
Well THQ being greeding does make more sense, I didn't think of that.
It might be part of Microsoft japan strategy (like the JRPG strategy with 360 early this gen), according to Spencer (interview with Famitsu last month) they are working with Japanese developers to get exclusive Xbox One titles for the Japanese market.
I'm fine with a console that only tries hard certain portions of it's lifetime, if it means I get some gems out of it. I only need 3 titles I really like(I'm never spending 500 euro for the console though).

I love you Itagaki! you crazy, sleezy man. I remember reading his hilarious interviews years ago and worshiping DOA3, and of course Ninja gaiden black was my favorite game on the og xbox.

kick51

Banned
omg omg omg!!!! Devil's Third is next gen, itagaki-san was alive the whole time, and it's likely not WiiU exclusive, nor is it IOS!! Perfect!

and hey, even if this is fanfic, I'll even take Itagaki fanfic at this point.

2San

A small company made up of former capcom employees would like a word. A serious one.
I think Bayonetta is great, however Ninja Gaiden 2 is a different type of action game. It's more focused on killing a larger amount of enemies with a few hits. Even when fighting fewer but stronger mobs it's more about getting a hit or few hits in before avoiding. While Bayonetta is based around long combo's and being stylish. The feedback is also lacking in Bayonetta. A good hit in Ninja Gaiden 2 meant limbs flying, it felt really good. In Bayonetta you could get away with learning a few effective combo's, while NG2 forced you to switch up your style from time to time.

There is still a hole left by Ninja Gaiden. Bayontta was a great replacement for DMC.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Dammit OP I literally forgot about this game after thinking it was cancelled and now you're gonna make me remember it? Stop playing with my emotions :(. Hopefully it's not exclusive to XB1.

Mdk7

omg omg omg!!!! Devil's Third is next gen, itagaki-san was alive the whole time, and it's likely not WiiU exclusive, nor is it IOS!! Perfect!

and hey, even if this is fanfic, I'll even take Itagaki fanfic at this point.
LOL dude, it's not fan fiction.
As i wrote it's stuff i was told by a reasonable source, and it's pretty believable to me.

If the guy decided to have fun on me... it sucks, but i really don't think this is the case, since he was super kind and cool.
You should have seen his passion while talking about the stuff i posted, seriously!

Anteater

So he asked what was the point of all that, why inspirations and concepts were so distant from one another (to his eyes there was no clear direction in what the team had come up with), and Itagaki basically answered "To us, it just makes sense. That's what matters, it's gonna be cool", and left him like that, without even adding a single word on that topic.

I remember the article about secrecy on game budget and Itagaki said this:

Tomonobu Itagaki, Valhalla Game Studios
"It's not cool to reveal such information. That's all."

I think that sounds just like him, so I'll believe.

MCD

Nothing to this day comes close to NG2 intense combat.

I am please by this news. Thank you, Mdk7.

I think Bayonetta is great, however Ninja Gaiden 2 is a different type of action game. It's more focused on killing a larger amount of enemies with a few hits. Even when fighting fewer but stronger mobs it's more about getting a hit or few hits in before avoiding. While Bayonetta is based around long combo's and being stylish. The feedback is also lacking in Bayonetta. A good hit in Ninja Gaiden 2 meant limbs flying, it felt really good. In Bayonetta you could get away with learning a few effective combo's, while NG2 forced you to switch up your style from time to time.

There is still a hole left by Ninja Gaiden. Bayontta was a great replacement for DMC.

Agreed, we need both.

Top Bottom