• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

I usually never do this, but ever since Starcraft 2, my brain is doing the 'you fuckers didn't even play Starcraft 1/Diablo 1/Diablo 2/ etc and you're here talking about how you're a Blizzard megafan'. I know it's not right of me, but I really do have the childish mentality of thinking WoW fans interject themself into Blizzard's other franchises.

It's really, really annoying when people try and apply WoW logic to Diablo. It's. Not. The. Same. Game. You. Stupid. Kids.

Punisher

Neo Member
Just tried to put my clock on the 16th to try and install the game, failed of course :p

My install got updated though!

Release is so close now...I'm actually going to enjoy this last week of waiting, it will make the sweet nectar of the release even sweeter :)

It's true that WASD doesn't work that well in isometric, I kept thinking of a gamepad and for some reason that translated directly into WASD for me. Of course, a gamepad is analog so it works fine, but WASD would be pretty crappy. For example, Shadowgrounds Survivor, where it works kinda wonkily, but even there you have the ability to rotate the camera freely.

I would like to try out a gamepad control scheme though.

Punisher

Neo Member
Is there going to be any kind of "Starter Edition" like WoW and SCII have now? Or at least buddy passes like SCII had at launch?

I'm interested in Diablo 3, but I'd really like to try before I buy and I missed the beta weekend. :(

Well there are apparently going to be "guest passes":

Are there any restrictions on who can use Global Play?
At the launch of Diablo III, Korean players who log in to the game at an IGR (and are not playing using a full Diablo III license they purchased themselves) will only be able to play in the Asia game region. In addition, players who are using a Diablo III “guest pass” (available after Diablo III launches) will only be able to play in the game region in which they redeemed the guest pass.

It's true that WASD doesn't work that well in isometric, I kept thinking of a gamepad and for some reason that translated directly into WASD for me. Of course, a gamepad is analog so it works fine, but WASD would be pretty crappy. For example, Shadowgrounds Survivor, where it works kinda wonkily, but even there you have the ability to rotate the camera freely.

I would like to try out a gamepad control scheme though.

gamepad support would be godly for those times when im feeling lazy.

Man, I'm so glad that they have the release date at the start of Summer. My semester is ending this week, so I'm going to have so much time to play. It's going to be AMAZZINNNGGG

2Crisis

Man, I'm so glad that they have the release date at the start of Summer. My semester is ending this week, so I'm going to have so much time to play. It's going to be AMAZZINNNGGG

haha same here man. The planets have aligned and I have a 4 month summer break between semesters and since I work at the school my hours got reduced too. mass D3 time is about to go down.

valeo

The OT is mimicing the actual Diablo 3 development.

Soon™

I appreciate all the work you're doing CF, but I don't really understand why you're stressing over it so much - is it a mini Diablo 3 novel or something?

Twinduct

So after searching for 2 hours last night, I finally found my D3 soundpacks.
I shat myself at 6 this morning though. I made cain's 'Stay Awhile and listen' as my message notification on my phone. Waking up at REM sleep just fucks with me. Like I'm awake enough to actually know what's going on, but hearing that voice made me start looking for my mouse :<

If I don't get a OP is 5 mins I'm gonna shoot myself

Release Info to tide you over?

// Release Date | May 15, 2012 - WORLDWIDE
// Server Unlocks | US: 12:01 AM PDT / EU: 00:01 CEST / AU: 5:00 PM AEST / ASIA: 12:01 a.m. Taiwan Time
// Platform | PC, Mac
// Price | $59.99 US ($99.99 Collector’s Edition)
// Genre | Action Role-Playing Game
// Developer | Blizzard Entertainment (Game Director - Jay Wilson)
// Rating(s) | ESRB: M / PEGI: 16 / BBFC: 15 / AU: MA15+ / GRB: 18

Please don't hurt yourself.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

// Server Unlocks | US: 12:01 AM PDT / EU: 00:01 CEST / AU: 5:00 PM AEST / ASIA: 12:01 a.m. Taiwan Time
// Platform | PC, Mac

PM when you wanna do the OT, and i will save the first posts for OT expand.

HenryHSH

Set up a twitch account and doing a test stream. Games stream flawlessly at 1080 fullscreen (I dont have an option on twitch to view in HD tho?). Anyway, I will be streaming D3 at midnight with my friend. He's a rager, it should be fun. I'll probably stream and archive our whole run with a Barb / DH combo.

overcast

So I want to get a new graphics card to run this game, it's the only thing that seems to not hit "recommended" level for this game. I'm not great with computers gaming wise, I would love some help. I played Diablo 2 to death, and I would love to be there to play this.

Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics
CPU Speed: 1.4 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6520G (I think I need an upgrade?)
I have 324 GB of free space.

If there is anything I need to run this game fairly well please help. Would be much appreciated.

LordCanti

So I want to get a new graphics card to run this game, it's the only thing that seems to not hit "recommended" level for this game. I'm not great with computers gaming wise, I would love some help. I played Diablo 2 to death, and I would love to be there to play this.

Here are my specs:

If there is anything I need to run this game fairly well please help. Would be much appreciated.

If you've got an open PCI-E slot and a decent power supply, I see no reason why a new video card wouldn't boost performance. That CPU might be a problem at 1.4ghz though. They'd know more in that thread.

That's what I get for assuming people know you can't upgrade a laptop's graphics.

Dresden

Here are my specs:

It sounds like you're on a laptop, which would mean you're probably screwed on upgrade options without buying a new laptop.

I'd guess that you can probably play it on Low.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
FEMALE WIZARD UNITE!

alt. character will be MALE BARBARIAN

I have to say i didn't had the time to play the open beta but from what i've seen fem wiz it is.

V_Arnold

I am at the point where I might even favor the female barb as well. No class left that even has a cooler male character than the female part.

Great job, Blizzard - finally! : )

Grampasso

I am at the point where I might even favor the female barb as well. No class left that even has a cooler male character than the female part.

Great job, Blizzard - finally! : )

Dunno, before trying open beta (aka before trying DIII at all) I was sure I was going to be a female DH, but I think the outfit suits a male better, especially since it looks like there won't be any option to customize hair and somatics so we're stuck with the base character appearances. I'd really love a bit of customization though :/

Polo67

// Platform | PC, Mac

eeek, this bad boy is already downloaded on the computer.. i need witch doctor vids and dev diary.. art! something! or i'm gonna cry

demolitio

Keep your eye on cheapassgamer.com. Retailers will often offer generic coupons you can use against D3. I got $10 off the CE from Buy.com using a code. Back when SC2 came out I managed to pre-order that CE for $80 thanks to a coupon code glitch someone discovered. You never know what you'll find.

Yea, generic coupons or codes might be my best bet. I've been a huge CAG fan ever since my problems started so I'll definitely be checking it. There really isn't many deals on Blizzard products after looking around so those generic coupons are my only shot...lol

Thanks for the answers.

reddin

Neo Member
For the people interested in how well the game will run, there's some benchmarks over at Tom's Hardware.

As expected you don't need a beast of a gaming PC to run it, but an actual gaming graphics card is recommended, especially at higher resolutions.

Also, hey GAF. Been lurking for a while, and this seems like as good a moment as any to start posting. Been absorbing every bit of D3 information I can find for the past couple of weeks, so hyped :).

Soule

// Server Unlocks | US: 12:01 AM PDT / EU: 00:01 CEST /---> AU: 5:00 PM AEST <---- / ASIA: 12:01 a.m. Taiwan Time
// Platform | PC, Mac

Oh god every time I see it, it pains me! I'm so glad I'm not working then, I can only imagine how absent minded I would be.

injurai

Banned
It's really, really annoying when people try and apply WoW logic to Diablo. It's. Not. The. Same. Game. You. Stupid. Kids.

Yup, I think D3 will have a large influx of people that are expecting it to be Blizzard's new mmo of sorts. Fucking enraging. Even Athene has never played D2, like who the what in the shit, he things he will be Kripp in world firsts!?!?!??

Wow can't believe tomorrow there will be a OT for this...the wait is almost over!

Still not sure if I will go Barbarian of Demon Hunter oh the glorious decision

Bossun

Already loaded, ready to install.

The wait is killing me. I'll probably be a monk.

The worst part is I probably won't have the time to play since I am crawling under work.

BUT I DON'T CARE.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OH GOD I JUST WOKE UP AND REALIZED THE DAY IS SOON HERE

I'm gonna do something crazy.

Brb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom