• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Pre-Reaper of Souls Loot 2.0 Patch Live

Whooter

GrEJDNN.jpg

It's getting close!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
£33?!

£33 for one new Act, one new class and a bunch of gameplay improvements that should have been in the original game? Adventure mode sounds great and feels closer to how people played D2, but it simply removes content and adds QoL improvements.

I was hyped, but that price feels exploitative. Thought it would be closer to £15.

Why on earth would you think that? What in the entire history of Blizzard expansion pricing would lead you to believe it would be anything other than $40?

£33?!

£33 for one new Act, one new class and a bunch of gameplay improvements that should have been in the original game? Adventure mode sounds great and feels closer to how people played D2, but it simply removes content and adds QoL improvements.

I was hyped, but that price feels exploitative. Thought it would be closer to £15.

Theres also a new level cap, new skills, new items, the Mystic which lets you reroll items and change their appearance and Nephalim Rifts (happy times totally random dungeons for end game farming).

Zemm

Why on earth would you think that? What in the entire history of Blizzard expansion pricing would lead you to believe it would be anything other than $40?

The WoW expansions are closer to £15 than £33 (usually get them for £20) and have way more content. I'm surprised it's as high as £33 although I haven't actually looked myself so just taking that guys word for it. Price doesn't matter if the changes are good anyway.

RPGCrazied

Weird. I was download the 14 gigabyte patch, had to pause for a minute or two, but when I resumed it said I only have 3.51 gigabyte left to go.

Phinor

The WoW expansions are closer to £15 than £33 (usually get them for £20) and have way more content. I'm surprised it's as high as £33 although I haven't actually looked myself so just taking that guys word for it. Price doesn't matter if the changes are good anyway.

The UK price really seems to be £33. Usually UK has the cheapest or second cheapest price out of £/$/€ but this time they probably used 40€ as a baseline for the UK price and turned that into £, 40€ = £32.95 right now. So the UK price is really high compared to normal UK prices, but it's just about the exact same price as the € price.

j-wood

So this comes out today right?

Who mentioned that the permafreeze wiz was dead? I just bought all the fucking gear for that build (the wicked wind/frost nova/chain explosion one).

Zemm

The UK price really seems to be £33. Usually UK has the cheapest or second cheapest price out of £/$/€ but this time they probably used 40€ as a baseline for the UK price and turned that into £, 40€ = £32.95 right now. So the UK price is really high compared to normal UK prices, but it's just about the exact same price as the € price.

£23 on GMG which is what I would have expected.

So this is loot 2.0 but the auction house doesn't go down to 18th March? Does this mean all loot now will be soulbound?

Goldenhen

Blizzard do half-price sales? I've never checked, pretty much bought all their games (barring Starcraft) day 1. People like me are probably why they can get away with those prices.
OMG I'm sorry I got mixed up with Good Friday and Black Friday. Correct is Black Friday.

anddo0

Soon my child *rubs hands*

Do you know something we don't?

With a March 25th release on PC. The earliest date I see possible is May/June for PS4. My gut is telling me another September release though.

I'd gladly get this on PC in March, and then double dip in September. I hope they shed some light on the release date soon.

Do you know something we don't?

With a March 25th release on PC. The earliest date I see possible is May/June for PS4. My gut is telling me another September release though.

I'd gladly get this on PC in March, and then double dip in September. I hope they shed some light on the release date soon.

I hope that they go summer release and not September. I don't know how I would be able to split my time between this and Destiny.

Zemm

Do legendary items now scale with level? So those bracers that were amazing at level 30 are still amazing at level 60/70?

So permafreeze wiz will be dead? shiiiiii

anyone want to uber one last time on eu hc?

Not sure what build you're using on live, but it's unlikely that you'll have a problem. There's a new magic missile rune that freezes, and a new familiar rune that freezes, but the duration of most freezes (especially Frost Nova) went down.

j-wood

Not sure what build you're using on live, but it's unlikely that you'll have a problem. There's a new magic missile rune that freezes, and a new familiar rune that freezes, but the duration of most freezes (especially Frost Nova) went down.

Can someone detail the changes for me? Can't find anything via google...I just got all the gear to run the wicked wind build :(

Valnen

I can see many folks haven't been keeping up with the news. I've been playing on PTR and beta. Loot 2.0 is a disaster. For starters, they implemented a stupid 4/2 system whereby an item can roll at most 4 primary and 2 secondary affixes. A primary affix is any affix you'd actually want (damage, defense, healing) and a secondary affix is stuff that is "nice to have" (pickup radius, MF, GF). You used to be able to find items with 6 primary affixes on them. Also they nerfed attack speed again. There are other issues but I really don't feel like listing them all here. Folks thinking they will be replacing all their gear with this patch are in for a rude awakening.

Yeah and the chances of finding an item with 4 useful primary affixes let alone 6 were astronomically low. The game is balanced around you being able to farm it with 4 primary affix items, so this isn't really a valid complaint and certainly doesn't make the new loot system a "disaster". The entire game is different now.

Can someone detail the changes for me? Can't find anything via google...I just got all the gear to run the wicked wind build :(

I'm really, really hoping for detailed patch notes, because almost every skill on every class has new/altered runes, including damage types in a lot of cases.

On the Wizard, they added runes like disruption (+15% arcane damage to things hit by arcane torrent) for other damage types, so you can amp electricity damage with wave of force (which no longer has a cooldown, but doesn't reflect projectiles), or fire with energy twister, or frost with ray of frost (which now has an impact radius and can hit more than one thing at a time). Other skills changed in interesting ways, like the ability to lob arcane orbs to a location, or turn it into D2's frozen orb. Even passives changed, so Galvanizing Ward became a damage shield if you haven't been hit for 5 seconds. Critical Mass was unfortunately removed.

Tweaks like this happened to all of the classes, but Wizard was the one I spent the most time with. I did find weapon throw becoming a fury generator for the Barbarian rather than a spender interesting. Ancient Spear fills in for it in the spender category.

So last I checked on this expansion people were not thrilled with what was going on in beta. Have things changed? I want to get this game as I enjoyed D3 for a good 100+ hours but I am a little skeptical.

j-wood

I'm really, really hoping for detailed patch notes, because almost every skill on every class has new/altered runes, including damage types in a lot of cases.

On the Wizard, they added runes like disruption (+15% arcane damage to things hit by arcane torrent) for other damage types, so you can amp electricity damage with wave of force (which no longer has a cooldown, but doesn't reflect projectiles), or fire with energy twister, or frost with ray of frost (which now has an impact radius and can hit more than one thing at a time). Other skills changed in interesting ways, like the ability to lob arcane orbs to a location, or turn it into D2's frozen orb. Even passives changed, so Galvanizing Ward became a damage shield if you haven't been hit for 5 seconds. Critical Mass was unfortunately removed.

Tweaks like this happened to all of the classes, but Wizard was the one I spent the most time with. I did find weapon throw becoming a fury generator for the Barbarian rather than a spender interesting. Ancient Spear fills in for it in the spender category.

So with critical mass gone, then my wicked wind build is now useless. I guess my gear is still good, but DAMMIT

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Yeah and the chances of finding an item with 4 useful primary affixes let alone 6 were astronomically low. The game is balanced around you being able to farm it with 4 primary affix items, so this isn't really a valid complaint and certainly doesn't make the new loot system a "disaster". The entire game is different now.

That's funny because I found plenty of those sorts of items (6 primaries) in my time playing vanilla. For example I have 2 amulets (found, not crafted)... 1 with main stat, vit, all res, attack speed, crit chance, crit damage, and a socket, the other with main stat, vit, all res, min-max damage, attack speed, crit chance, crit damage. I'll never be able to find such an item in ROS and I never came anywhere even close to finding a replacement in my time in the ROS beta. The entire point of the game is to find items to strengthen your character to find more items. What good are level 70 items if they aren't better and CAN NEVER BE BETTER (i.e. mathematically impossible) than the level 60 rare items you are currently wearing? That's as valid a complaint as any.

This was less of an issue during the Friends&Family beta because items could roll with 700-900 primary stat and had amazing unique affixes but since the F&F beta they lowered the amount of primary stat an item can roll and nerfed the unique affixes with low proc chances, internal cooldowns, or in many cases removing them from the game altogether.

I was hyped for the game when the F&F was happening but since then it has been nerf after nerf after nerf. Level 70 items were hit HARD.

As for the game being "entirely different now".... class/paragon changes aside...at first it seems that way, but the more you play it the more the mask falls off and you realize that many of the same issues that plagued vanilla still plague the game today.

Volodja

Thats strange mine just has a spinning icon
Select the American region and start up the game, after it gets to the Login page it will tell you that your client needs to be patched and it will start downloading.
However if you switch back to europe and try to boot it up after the download ends it seems that it goes back to downloading again or it tries to rollback.

Robin64

Thats strange mine just has a spinning icon

Because you're Europe, our servers are still up, so you're just getting a background download (which will continue even when you hit Play). Once our servers go down, you'll get a proper download bar, though the background downloader might have finished by then.

Gav47

Select the American region and start up the game, after it gets to the Login page it will tell you that your client needs to be patched and it will start downloading.
However if you switch back to europe and try to boot it up it seems that it goes back to downloading again or it tries to rollback.

Because you're Europe, our servers are still up, so you're just getting a background download (which will continue even when you hit Play). Once our servers go down, you'll get a proper download bar, though the background downloader might have finished by then.

Ahh I see, thank you.

Shadow780

Are you booting up on the same unit you previously used to play the game? Have you done anything such as upgrade graphic drivers since the last time you've played?

Yeah I'm using the desktop app to launch the game, I think the graphic driver was updated last week with no problem launch the game after update.

I should probably uninstall the whole thing and try again.

DeviantBoi

I bought it on PC at launch, but I really want to play it on the PS4.

I just want it released on the PC so that Blizzard can start talking about the PS4 version.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I didn't have a computer that was good enough to run this on release. Now that I do, I'm considering picking it up. Would it be a dumb idea to run out and get it today at the store for $40? I have no idea how likely it is that they might lower the price of the base game for the expansion's release.

Yeah I'm using the desktop app to launch the game, I think the graphic driver was updated last week with no problem launch the game after update.

I should probably uninstall the whole thing and try again.

You might be able to avoid the pain of sitting through re-installation, unless you have other things you can do to occupy your time anyway. Have you tried resetting your preferences from the launcher?

The points funnel into four categories—Core, Offensive, Defensive, and Utility—which provides a number of benefits such as stronger primary stats, beefier defenses, more powerful attacks, or a higher chance to find more gold. There is a cap on how many points each category will take, but don't except to hit it anytime soon—Blizzard says you'll need to be around Paragon level 800 (!) to fully max out every category. If you're up for that extreme pledge of devotion (or you're just a grinding madman), you probably deserve to turn into a walking god.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/24/diablo-3-paragon-reaper-souls/

So what is everyone going to be pumping their paragon points into?

Top Bottom