• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III – Coming September 3 to Xbox 360 & PS3

I already bought this on the PC and I might double dip if I would be able to use the characters I already made on my pc on my Xbox or ps3.

Sothpaw

I will buy the PS4 version if that is still coming.

No RMAH
Roll/Dodge mechanic

Kind of crazy that the console version will be the superior version.

Superior version of an inferior arpg.

Without an auction house, getting through the game on Inferno is going to take some time.

I'm curious to see the Paragon stuff as well, I dropped out (don't play a great deal on PC) before that patch launched.

Paragon stuff is just more grinding. In the mean time POE is rolling out the Anarchy league this weekend. D3 spends time on porting to console while POE continues to innovate. Like I said, D3 is fun for a few playthrough, but there is no depth to the game whatsoever.

Animator

Hopefully they will post Path of Exile to next gen consoles so people can actually play a good game instead of the joke that is D3.

foxdvd

Over 300 hours into Diablo 3. Got away from it for a while because the drop rates were crap because they were built around the auction house. Got back into again recently, and got hooked BAD because of hardcore. I will pick this up on the 360 to play with friends who don't have a gaming pc.

Duplication is going to be huge in this.

Superior version of an inferior arpg.

Yep. As polished as turd can be.

Paragon stuff is just more grinding. In the mean time POE is rolling out the Anarchy league this weekend. D3 spends time on porting to console while POE continues to innovate. Like I said, D3 is fun for a few playthrough, but there is no depth to the game whatsoever.

This x10000. D3 is such a mess. A console port was the last thing they needed, but it has definitely been in the works for a long time and there's no way Activison wasn't letting that release.

Path of Exile is a game worth your time and money. The amount of content they have put out it just insane. Putting Blizzard to shame on a daily basis.

Over 300 hours into Diablo 3. Got away from it for a while because the drop rates were crap because they were built around the auction house. Got back into again recently, and got hooked BAD because of hardcore. I will pick this up on the 360 to play with friends who don't have a gaming pc.

Duplication is going to be huge in this.

Check out PoE. Hardcore is what that game is made for.

When is the release date for the console version?

An ARPG on a console is oxymoronic.

If you are posting on a PC, it's most likely good enough to play PoE on lowest settings.

If you are looking to kill some monsters with your bros on the couch, then D3 on PS3 will probably work for you.

Number45

Xbox straight stomping with... a console port of Diablo 3, which we already knew was coming, oh shit!
I normally steer clear of contentious threads (because life's too short), is this constant fishing for tears common? TLOU thread was an experience (that I've now unsubscribed from)...

Did they announce an Xbox One version too?
They were definitely non-committal (in terms of progress. Trying to find this interview but struggling at the moment) on the PS4 version in an interview, I imagine when they have a launch date in mind it'll be officially announced for both same as has happened here. The early announcement was clearly something that Sony arranged/paid for.

Minions

Waiting for the PS4 version. Will likely run substantially better than the 360/ps3 one and work with remote play on the vita.

This is a very smart release date, release a next gen version with exclusive content in November and get some people double dipping.

The game may be coming to PlayStation 4, but I wouldn't call it a next-gen version any more than I would Super Mario Bros. for being on the Wii U.

I honestly can't see Diablo III on the PS4 doing anything that wouldn't be possible on the PS3.

Minions

The game may be coming to PlayStation 4, but I wouldn't call it a next-gen version any more than I would Super Mario Bros. for being on the Wii U.

Expect it to look better and have better FPS. Just like the options on the PC (Since the PS4 has a similar architecture). Should be easy to port the PC version (with the new mods they made for PS3/360) and adjust the visual options to use more of the PS4's resources.

Gestault

Considering the outright fury by portions of Neogaf here at the suggestion, with limited substantiation, that Microsoft was paying to highlight third-party titles at its E3 game presentation, I can't look at this (frankly, good) news without furrowing my brow at the selective outrage in this community. Seeing threads full of people saying they'd never deal with a company that behaved this way, "strangling the flow of content instead of creating it themselves," suddenly silent in their reaction to that exact behavior by Sony with this reveal.

But four-player couch co-op? Oh yes. Sign me up for that.

Number45

Considering the outright fury by portions of Neogaf here at the suggestion, with limited substantiation, that Microsoft was paying to highlight third-party titles at its E3 game presentation, I can't look at this (frankly, good) news without furrowing my brow at the selective outrage in this community.
Is this not a yearly event, for all concerned? Each year we'll have AC at the PS3 event, CoD at the 360 event etc.

This doesn't seem like a new phenomenon at all.

Expect it to look better and have better FPS. Just like the options on the PC (Since the PS4 has a similar architecture). Should be easy to port the PC version (with the new mods they made for PS3/360) and adjust the visual options to use more of the PS4's resources.

Is Diablo III really that resource heavy? It doesn't look like it at all.

Gestault

Is this not a yearly event, for all concerned? Each year we'll have AC at the PS3 event, CoD at the 360 event etc.

This doesn't seem like a new phenomenon at all.

That was basically my response to it, and part of why I so was surprised at people being so upset. That thread yesterday was honestly more confusing than anything else.

RedSwirl

For once I'm intrigued by the console version of a game over the PC version because of the ability to play it offline and prospect of couch co-op, but the PS3 screenshots they released a while ago look pretty bad. I'll still wait to see how it runs on PS4 and possibly Xbox One.

I got this on Black Friday for $10 on the PC, but decided to sell it.

Did I miss out on a great game? Because I hear so many mixed reviews. I think I will wait for the PS4 version, hoping it is better.

Syril

I got this on Black Friday for $10 on the PC, but decided to sell it.

Did I miss out on a great game? Because I hear so many mixed reviews. I think I will wait for the PS4 version, hoping it is better.

Eh. I mean, It was fun for a playthrough, but there were a lot of issues that Blizzard really shouldn't have fallen for.

Personally, I thought the whole skill rune system was an improvement over D2, but the level design and enemy design practically didn't exist. The only random elements in the levels are whether certain side passages and mini-dungeons are open or closed, and most of the levels were "big open area" or "series of walkways". The enemies were really unmemorable and I can only think of one enemy in whole game whose attack I can remember. Also the items have like no variety and the drop rates are messed up (My example: in about 25 hours of playtime, I found one unique item and it wasn't really worth using).

JudgeB

Banned
Considering the outright fury by portions of Neogaf here at the suggestion, with limited substantiation, that Microsoft was paying to highlight third-party titles at its E3 game presentation, I can't look at this (frankly, good) news without furrowing my brow at the selective outrage in this community. Seeing threads full of people saying they'd never deal with a company that behaved this way, "strangling the flow of content instead of creating it themselves," suddenly silent in their reaction to that exact behavior by Sony with this reveal.

But four-player couch co-op? Oh yes. Sign me up for that.

Very true...but don't expect many to admit this, lol. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Personally I can't wait. I think I'll get it on 360 to play with my friends there, then, depending when it comes out for the PS4, I'll get it there if my friends end up moving to PS4 later on. Double dipping a bit, but it still should provide some fun.

Calcium

Banned
I don't know why, but I was under the impression that it was going to be exclusive to Playstation. I'll have to try a demo before I even think about picking this up, it just seems like it would be really tedious to play a Diablo game with a controller.

Lasdrub

I've played Diablo 3 for about 150 hours and I'm very much looking forward to this version. Direct control feels a lot better than clicking with a mouse to move. They'll also change the game based on the last year of feedback they had. Mainly, though, I really want to play couch co-op.

I never expected it to be exclusive to the PS3. Right after the reveal Blizzard was asked if it would be coming to other consoles. They said that this was Sony's conference, so they were focusing on that for now.

I might double dip on the xbox, despite being pretty let down by the game i think it could be great couch co-op

EDIT: though may hold off and get it for PS4

Good to see that the 360 is getting Diablo 3. I personally enjoyed the game a lot so I'm happy to see my console friends get a chance to play it. Weirdly no mention of the Xbox One so it seems like it's a next gen console "exclusive" for the PS4?

Wonder how the expansions will work (disc or DLC)?

Apath

Diablo 3 was the first Blizzard game I skipped since StarCraft was released in, what, '98? I just cannot support a game that requires internet connection for single player gameplay, but thank God they're being reasonable with the console editions.

Will buy for PS4.

Malfunky

Have they talked about any possibility of Battle.net integration or are these going to be essentially stand alone? And perhaps any multiplatform play? I'm assuming PS3 and PS4 would be possible, but any hope for the console versions linking up with the PC versions in any capacity?

Top Bottom