• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III – Coming September 3 to Xbox 360 & PS3

MarkusRJR

As much as I hated the PC version I still wanna buy the 360 version. The idea of comfy couch Diablo with a controller is too much for me.

Tratorn

Is there a chance that this will be a launch-title for PS4? Or do they finish the PS360-version first before starting to port it?

I just played the ps3-demo with a blizzard dude. They heavily focus on couch-coop (obvious) which is a very good thing. If you lay down your controller, because you need to answer a phonecall or sth. else, your character moves along the active players (driven by ai) and when you get back, you can jump in by simply moving the character again. Really good!

Framerate was solid, graphics were ok.

weevles

My friends seem to think there will be a GOTY version so I guess I will wait on that. No point in getting it now if no one I know is getting it.

jockstrap74

Neo Member
I'm looking forward to D3 having always really been a console gamer, I like the idea of a dungeon crawler.

Tempted but think I will wait for the PS4 version

RdN

My friends seem to think there will be a GOTY version so I guess I will wait on that. No point in getting it now if no one I know is getting it.
That makes absolutely no sense.

A GOTY version of a release of a last year's game? Come on...

I might get this for the PS3 so that I can introduce my girlfriend to some hardcore gaming. It's going to be a harsh jump from the world of Mario to the world of Diablo co-op, though. :D

705288_666881823337816_430416961_o.jpg

Is that local co-op like in the Baldur's Gate PS2 games?

It's such a better gaming experience. So fun. Even better than Diablo II LAN party at a friend's house and so much more convenient to do.

Might have to buy D3 after all, but looks a bit rough so I guess I'll wait for the PS4 version.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will buy day 1. Anyone else as hyped as me?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Was there ever any post-release content (quests etc) for the game, and if so, is that going to be in the box ?

Into

Bit too close to GTA, and yes i know little_brunette_girl_whynotboth.jpg but i honestly cannot devote the time to D3 on consoles when i need to devour GTA5 in all its glory.

Ill get it, will just be later.

I normally love Blizzard games but this one was a little broken. The loot system defines the game and it was so broken at launch it wasn't funny. If it's fixed great, but I'm not double dipping. Never thought I'd say that as I would have loved to have played the game on 360 last year. Totally burned out on it after a month. It took a year to get burned out on Diablo 2.

Bittercup

There will be no expansions for Diablo 3? Hard to believe....
Most likely there will be an expansion. But I'm not sure it makes so much sense to rather wait for a GOTY release including the expansion when there's no indication right now when it will be released and if there will be such a bundle in the first place.

The game runs at 60fps on consoles.
That's great to hear. I expected 30fps, now I'm even more exited for the PS3 release.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Was there ever any post-release content (quests etc) for the game, and if so, is that going to be in the box ?
Yes there has been some additional stuff patched in and the version of the game that's playable on PC now is what will be in the console version.

PC patches after this console version comes out will be separate.

Have they said whether they'll be patching controller support into the PC version?
Yes. Their answer was No.

If you lay down your controller, because you need to answer a phonecall or sth. else, your character moves along the active players (driven by ai) and when you get back, you can jump in by simply moving the character again.
Multiboxing built into the game, eh? Cute.

I guess I'll get it for PS3 when it gets cheaper because of free online play and being unchained from Blizzard's full of holes account system. Didn't hate Diablo 3 or anything, but it couldn't live up to the legacy of 2. It's just a fine loot ARPG on its own merits, just not something that'll suck your soul for years on end. I prefer to look at it as a Dark Alliance successor instead.

Top Bottom