• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junie12

If they're still having server problems then I'm kind of glad I'm not playing anytime soon :lol

I don't want any lose any achievements..

Gotchaye

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765603

10: 22 a.m. PDT- We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for all Diablo III servers to resolve several issues that are currently impacting the game. This maintenance may cause some interruption in communication, ability to log in, use of in-game features, and disconnections. We anticipate all servers will be available for play in approximately 1 hour.

Thank you for your patience.

Siegfried

Watching the GB stream, Brad's having the same issue. Someone mentioned starting at an earlier checkpoint/quest.

Already tried everything, nothing will make them come back. I even tried unlocking the achievement for repairing an item and it unlocks again, like I never did.

Well, I can't try anything now because apparently the servers are down... again...

zlatko

Banned
If they're still having server problems then I'm kind of glad I'm not playing anytime soon :lol

I didn't get any in the ~2hours I played at 3AM to 5AM. I'm not sweating it though, because I'll have other characters I'll roll through the game with when it is fixed to scoop them up with.

Soooooon...

scy

I figured the thread would be bitter tears from those of us stuck at work. Turns out it's bitter from downed servers. In a way, I couldn't have been more wrong.

I'm not really happy about that.

Are you picking this up VJC? Didn't see you on the battletag list.

LOL, I haven't played Diablo since I was in middle school, I'm kinda wondering how accessible it would be for somebody that hasn't played a game like this for the better part of a decade.

Regardless, it doesn't seem like many people are playing on the first day anyway, and I got Max Payne 3 coming in to keep my company for awhile.

BFIB

I have never played a Diablo game before. Though I have my new PC build on its way, so would I be better off starting from the beginning or can I dig right into Diablo 3?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IT'S UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truant

For all the betas, testing periods, and all the time it took to finish this game, you'd they'd have most of this stuff sorted out by now.

I don't think they care. They know it's gonna even out after a few days, so why should they spend money fixing it now?

Makes me feel a little better about missing all of the havoc. Had to have the cable guy out this morning so I haven't gone to pick up my copy yet. Probably gonna run over there get my copy and some lunch. Maybe by then the servers will be back and running smoothly for my marathon.

TheMan

isn't it weird that blizzard was unable to predict this would happen? The most anticipated PC game in years launched today, and they have too few servers to handle the load. Sometimes you have to wonder what goes through the minds of the people in charge of things like this

zlatko

Banned
I have never played a Diablo game before. Though I have my new PC build on its way, so would I be better off starting from the beginning or can I dig right into Diablo 3?

Dig right in. I didn't play either, but there is plenty of resources online and the game installer tells you the game story for D1 D2.

LOL, I haven't played Diablo since I was in middle school, I'm kinda wondering how accessible it would be for somebody that hasn't played a game like this for the better part of a decade.

Regardless, it doesn't seem like many people are playing on the first day anyway, and I got Max Payne 3 coming in to keep my company for awhile.

Yeah - alright.

The game is actually pretty friendly and accepting. Try and grab a guest pass and see for yourself. One thing though: Beware of the digital craaaaack.

Picked up my copy and entered my activation key. Another three hours until I will have a chance to play. Seriously worried that I won't be able to get on tonight.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The game didn't really see any greater performance improvements if run in 640x480 so I'm playing it in 800x600, 32 bit. I wonder though if there is more to do with configuration, I have already set everything to lowest value in the menues. My D3Prefs.txt configuration file looks like this:

PreferencesVersion "42"
PlayedCutscene0 "15"
PlayedCutscene1 "0"
PlayedCutscene2 "0"
PlayedCutscene3 "0"
DisplayModeFlags "0"
DisplayModeWindowMode "0"
DisplayModeWinLeft "0"
DisplayModeWinTop "0"
DisplayModeWinWidth "1280"
DisplayModeWinHeight "980"
DisplayModeUIOptWidth "800"
DisplayModeUIOptHeight "600"
DisplayModeWidth "800"
DisplayModeHeight "600"
DisplayModeRefreshRate "75"
DisplayModeBitDepth "32"
Gamma "1.000000"
MipOffset "1"
ShadowQuality "0"
PhysicsQuality "0"
ClutterQuality "0"
Vsync "0"
Letterbox "0"
Antialiasing "0"
LowFX "0"
LimitForegroundFPS "1"
MaxForegroundFPS "150"
LimitBackgroundFPS "1"
MaxBackgroundFPS "8"
DisableTrilinearFiltering "0"
ColorCorrection "1"
MipBias "0.000000"
ReflectionQuality "0"
TonemapExposure "1.900000"
TonemapContrast "1.500000"
TonemapSaturation "1.000000"
TonemapGain "1.000000"
HardwareClass "4"
PCIVendor "4098"
PCIDevice "38422"
MasterVolume "1.000000"
EffectVolume "0.800000"
MusicVolume "0.800000"
NarrationVolume "0.800000"
AmbientVolume "0.800000"
ChannelsToUse "32"
ReverseSpeakers "0"
QuestSubtitlesEnabled "0"
CinematicsSubtitlesEnabled "0"
EchoQuestDialogToChat "1"
MuteSound "0"
MuteEffects "0"
MuteAmbient "0"
MuteVoice "0"
MuteMusic "0"

It seems rather difficult to force the client to accept custom settings, even if you put the file as "Read only". It just reverts back to default settings if you choose that option, which is kinda strange. Does anyone know how to fix this, and if there are other parameters to add?

As for the game, I chose a barbarian and just got past the Skeleton King. A nice fight though not very hard (on normal difficulty anyway). Rupture for Cleave helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom