• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

isn't it weird that blizzard was unable to predict this would happen? The most anticipated PC game in years launched today, and they have too few servers to handle the load. Sometimes you have to wonder what goes through the minds of the people in charge of things like this

If I had to guess, they have enough to handle the load but it's the spikes it's not doing so well with. Still something that should have been handled.

Then again, just randomly guessing shit. Maybe someone unplugged a server so they could make some coffee.

hyduK

Banned
isn't it weird that blizzard was unable to predict this would happen? The most anticipated PC game in years launched today, and they have too few servers to handle the load. Sometimes you have to wonder what goes through the minds of the people in charge of things like this
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's more than just not enough servers.

Kobalty

Managed to log but my hero was gona and got a error message about "not having avalid account" the booted off due to error 37

FUN TIMES :(

scy

Heck I'm not on that list either. I don't want just ANY gaffers to add me. Only the undercores like yourself, yoshi, v arnold, cfalcon, injurai, scy, etc.

I wonder how many people will actually go through adding each other. I'm kind of lazy~ I should make a list of people to add, I guess...

owlbeak

I logged in this morning around 3:15am and have stayed logged in, just alt-tabbed out when I was ready for some sleep, so I didn't have to deal with the login server issues.

LOL, I haven't played Diablo since I was in middle school, I'm kinda wondering how accessible it would be for somebody that hasn't played a game like this for the better part of a decade.

Regardless, it doesn't seem like many people are playing on the first day anyway, and I got Max Payne 3 coming in to keep my company for awhile.

Nobody's played anything except Diablo 2 for the better part of a decade, haha. There have been maybe two and a half Diablo clones worth noting that came out in the interim.

hayguyz

Banned
Alright, just picked it up from Best Buy during lunch.

BUT I read people saying that even with the disc install, there's still a 7 GB download? What's that about?

Ya I said it before and I will say it again. For all the hate Yoshi got sometimes I loved him for posting like he did in here. It made my hype skyrocket and gave me a hell of a time over the weekend reading the thread.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Yeah so followed through with my preorder cancel until they do something about this always online single player. I got too many games to play to be dealing with this.

Epic Drop

Servers won't be back up for an hour? I'll believe that when I see it. I've had the game for something like 12 hours, and I've been able to play for less than 20 minutes, since I finally passed out after trying to log in for over two hours last night.

I 'spose I shouldn't have expected anything else from a Blizzard release on release day.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just got the perfect fit belt'

uySGF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom