• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
reddit link

more in the link

KuGsj.gif

:lol, Marrshu, not mine haha.

What on earth hahaha.

Dont get to play till next tuesday now :( I wonder how much will have been nerfed/changed by then!

Am I an idiot for not taking advantage of the Auction House?

I'm currently in Nightmare and my Wizard seems to be mighty under powered in the DPS department. At the moment I'm trying to just get through to that next lot of magic or rare loot that might bump me up, but that auction house is getting more and more tempting.

No, I'm playing Diablo 3 like I played Diablo 2. If I'm not strong enough I have to grind. It's not for everyone and I'm not going to tell anyone not to use it... but you'll get the drops you need.

I had terrible DPS about an hour ago, got a rare one hand spear, increased my DPS from 650 to 930.

Raide

I'm currently in Nightmare and my Wizard seems to be mighty under powered in the DPS department. At the moment I'm trying to just get through to that next lot of magic or rare loot that might bump me up, but that auction house is getting more and more tempting.

Not an idiot but the service is there to improve your gameplay and help to further your loot filled adventures.

Nah, that is what it's there for. Personally I got through nightmare mode w/o using AH but I did pump a lot of stats into armor. Hell mode I started using AH because I would always get terrible drops

KarmaCow

The benefit of the auction house is that you can get gear that is actually at your level instead of being five levels below which is why it can boost your stats by so much. I wouldn't recommend it though, it's very easy to trivialize the game.

Jubbly

Sell drops that are good, but not great for your character, and buy something that is. In Diablo 2 you would do this player to player, or trade, but you always had the chance of being scammed.

joesmokey

Man Act II Hell is getting rough. I'm just running into elite/legendary mob groups one after another.

My Lvl 55 Wizard has 6k DPS (buffed) and 18K HP now, however I'm thinking of switching some things out for more survivability. Normal mobs are no problem, they are two shotted.

There are some affix combinations though that are just ridiculous, where I can do nothing but kill off the minions over several deaths and then finally kite the main after. It doesn't really help that almost all of Act II's maps are corridors with no real room for kiting.

I am dreading Belial...

V_Arnold

Man Act II Hell is getting rough. I'm just running into elite/legendary mob groups one after another.

My Lvl 55 Wizard has 6k DPS (buffed) and 18K HP now, however I'm thinking of switching some things out for more survivability. Normal mobs are no problem, they are two shotted.

There are some affix combinations though that are just ridiculous, where I can do nothing but kill off the minions over several deaths and then finally kite the main after. It doesn't really help that almost all of Act II's maps are corridors with no real room for kiting.

I am dreading Belial...

Oh, you can kite everywhere, you just need to know HOW :p in corridors, you kite back and forth, with a cd defensive spell used on the turns. (Wave force/Frost Nova/Diamond Skin/Slow Time,etc).

joesmokey

Oh, you can kite everywhere, you just need to know HOW :p in corridors, you kite back and forth, with a cd defensive spell used on the turns. (Wave force/Frost Nova/Diamond Skin/Slow Time,etc).
Those help, but not by much. Frost nova gets broken almost immediately in Hell, not really giving you enough time to turn around making it so you always get hit once. It would be nice if you didn't stop moving while casting it :).

So let's say that I'm level 31, in Act IV on normal, and am getting my buns kicked all over the place. Hypothetically.

I kinda wanna take a break and grind for some cool loot in places I've already been. Maybe get some new gear to make life easier. Is there some way to figure out where I should grind to get a particular piece of equipment for someone of my level? How would I figure that out?

Wow OT3 good job guys.

Wanted a change last night so instead of working on my Barb (was kinda boring to me) I went and made a DH. I am really enjoying it so far, I guess I am just more of a ranged person when it comes to Diablo.

V_Arnold

Those help, but not by much. Frost nova gets broken almost immediately in Hell, not really giving you enough time to turn around making it so you always get hit once. It would be nice if you didn't stop moving while casting it :).

What is your kiting plan? I use magic missile spam with VERY fast attack speed (2.1 attacks per second) with split rune and have the 30% slowing passive on arcane damage.

You either need a Blizzard with the stun property and kite around the spots for constant slowdown and/or the arcane slow. Or you can alternatively use the armor with +25% movement speed for hit. But with that, I can even kite fast mobs sometimes (even in inferno act 1), if things line up perfectly.

Kacho

So let's say that I'm level 31, in Act IV on normal, and am getting my buns kicked all over the place. Hypothetically.

I kinda wanna take a break and grind for some cool loot in places I've already been. Maybe get some new gear to make life easier. Is there some way to figure out where I should grind to get a particular piece of equipment for someone of my level? How would I figure that out?

It sounds like you just need to upgrade a few equipment pieces. Check out the AH for some and you should be good to go.

HomShaBom

Banned
WTF is up with the servers right now. I'm getting 1000+ ms and its like playing a damn slide show.

eh restarts or some shit

Grind on normal? Forget about it.

The only monster I had a little trouble with on normal, with my barb, was
Izual
in Act 4. That too was easily taken care of by switching damage boosting shout with armor boosting one. Basically, normal is a tutorial and you shouldn't really have any trouble at all.

It sounds like you just need to upgrade a few equipment pieces. Check out the AH for some and you should be good to go.

but i want to grind :(((

also i have like no money. maybe i'll just grind for money instead. what a world the AH has created.

Grind on normal? Forget about it.

The only monster I had a little trouble with on normal, with my barb, was
Izual
in Act 4. That too was easily taken care of by switching damage boosting shout with armor boosting one. Basically, normal is a tutorial and you shouldn't really have any trouble at all.

well i'm dying quite a lot. most of my equipment has a level requirement around low 20s and i'm level 31. difficulty seemed to spike really hard and now i'm just dying left and right.

but i want to grind :(((

also i have like no money. maybe i'll just grind for money instead. what a world the AH has created.

well i'm dying quite a lot. most of my equipment has a level requirement around low 20s and i'm level 31. difficulty seemed to spike really hard and now i'm just dying left and right.

I was able to grind through normal and nightmare but I wasn't getting good enough drops for hell so I turned to AH. Kind of feels like cheating but I guess that is what it's there for.

V_Arnold

I really, really do not understand how people do not take a minute to figure out what AH is.
It is a reflection.

You are a low level character? You will get stuff thrown at you for free.
Bam, nothing changed. With or without AH, higher level chars could always supply the low level characters and give stuff to friends for free.
You are a high level character, and have found a good item? Use it or sell it for a LOT of money.
Bam, nothing changed. Items thet were considered good could trade with each other with or without AH. Same as before.
You are a high level character, and want a good item? Prepare to grind days for it OR sell YOUR good item to get the one you want.
Bam, nothing changed. You still need at lot of dedication (=millions of gold grinded) or extremely good luck (=find a VERY good item if you want to buy a very good item) as well.

Statistical luck (i.e. finding amazingly good stuff for a few thousand gold randomly) is the new "legendaries out of the crate " or the "I just scammed my newb friend", only this time, it was with consent. :p

It is not the AH, guys. It is the ease of trade and communications. Do we really want to go back to communicating with a random x people and throwing stuff on the ground? I do not want to, that is for sure.

What class are you playing? Go to AH and buy some 25+ level stuff, should be pretty cheap..you can score that gear for 1-2k each if you're lucky.

I equipped my barb for nightmare with level 30-32 items yesterday, barely cost me 10k.

Torraz

What's the best way to get from 53-60? (monk, if it matters). Currently doing azmodan --> first boss in act 4 rinse and repeat, but im getting tired of it.

Also, any reports as to whether it is safe to play public games (again)?

marrec

Banned
OT3 and I've just started a new character to run with when my SO doesn't want to go. (Crazy right?) So I started a Wizard and they're SOOO BORING. I'll give it a few more levels before I scrap him.

OT3 and I've just started a new character to run with when my SO doesn't want to go. (Crazy right?) So I started a Wizard and they're SOOO BORING. I'll give it a few more levels before I scrap him.

I started a wizard as a second character and thought the same thing until about level 14-15. Then things finally started getting awesome.

Stick with it, I felt the same for most of act 1 then I got some more spells and it became a blast.

OT3!? Sweetness.

Go to log in....down for maintenance...go to make coffee ...out of filters....

so far my long weekend has disappointed.

Down for an hour? like 8:30EST?

Kacho

OT3!? Sweetness.

Go to log in....down for maintenance...go to make coffee ...out of filters....

so far my long weekend has disappointed.

Down for an hour? like 8:30EST?

Use a paper towel as a filter for the time being. :)

Bummer about the servers. Was just about to hop on.

Won

Grabbing a new weapon for a low price from the AH still feels like cheating.

Skeleton King goes down rather quickly though. I guess I have to move, try farming the Butcher and/or move on to Act 2.

And die.

Kacho

So is farming bosses worth while or a waste of time. I just killed Diablo on Nightmare last night and I'm in Act 1 of Hell. Should I go back and kill him a few more times or just move on?

Torraz

Take a screenshot? Though my screenshots haven't worked for DIII since day one... fuuuuu

They look different from normal screenshots, as normal ones dont have skills + runes + inventory + stats in one screen. It looks like some Diablo 3 armory style webpage.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Anyone try the critical mass nerf yet? Seriously what were they expecting with such a skill...

With the past two wizard nerfs, the millions I spent on my gear are now somewhat useless. Ah well, time to move on.

There's still a few things left, tho....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom