• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

What class are you?

Who gets that many legendaries?

I've only gotten one and I'm in act 2 of Inferno.

I'm demon hunter.

It's no problem anyway, I got her. I just had to switch my abilities up.

I didn't want to switch because I had 5 stacks of valor, but I went out and got another 5 anyway and beat her on my first try.

jinutsu

Neo Member
I got through Act 2 without issue using this build:

Damage and armor buffs to this with abilities activated: http://i.imgur.com/iXYT6.jpg
And for the boss I swapped to this skill set: http://i.imgur.com/wtYhS.png (didn't die, got a pile of achievements)

If you change out Disintegrate with Venom Hydra and thus swap out the Prodigy passive skill you will have my build. Venom Hydra's DPS is crazy plus you can toss one down for almost nothing and run around while it kills everything. When you are simply using diamond skin and mirror image to stay alive it is nice to continue to do DPS.

I also switched to the passive skill that resets your mirror image skill when you take big hits. This can be very useful vs champions and bosses.

Revoh

time for a change, buddy

1012768_o.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OT3s are always the best OTs
The |OTs| that gets created when the game is in the Community-forums are always the best |OTs|.

DEO3

Welp, nerfed again.

I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing at 60 anymore.

Blizzard clearly doesn't want me playing Inferno.

Tacitus_

You'd think that these stats would be enough for Act 2. I can doze my way through Act 1 without problems but I die regularly on normal monster and elites are a crapshoot in Act 2. I couldn't even kill an easy pack that had practically no offensive affixes.
ChaVi.png

Trickster

You'd think that these stats would be enough for Act 2. I can doze my way through Act 1 without problems but I die regularly on normal monster and elites are a crapshoot in Act 2. I couldn't even kill an easy pack that had practically no offensive affixes.
ChaVi.png

I assume you're on inferno judging from your hp?`But yeah, act 2 is pretty insane compared to act 1, think everyone agrees with that.

Tacitus_

I assume you're on inferno judging from your hp?`But yeah, act 2 is pretty insane compared to act 1, think everyone agrees with that.

It's more the resistances... I have 70% armor DR, 70% resist to all, 30% barbarian resistance and I still get swatted like a fly.

I need some WD advice. I'm currently stuck on Act 2 in Hell on the 5th mission where you need to go through the sewers and find some place in an oasis(sorry I can't be more specific, at work atm on break so no access to D3). I've been trying to finish it as a group and it seems like every group I end up in people are babies and leave after a death or two on the first elite mobs. It is becoming increasingly disheartening and I don't want to have a friend rush me through it on his 60 as I'd rather not beat it like that.

I guess what I really need is advice on gear and spells as a witch doctor. I currently have about 25k hp and only 3500 dps. I know my dps is probably a bit low but I have significant weapon upgrade waiting for me in one level that should increase it pretty dramatically.

This is what I'm currently using as far as skills go. Does this look alright? Anything I should switch out? Are there multiple viable builds for Hell as a WD?

Wow they nerfed Azmodan quest xp. I got from 54-60 in 2 hours last night because my friends kept running it and I would join their game for the XP. It was like 100k xp every minute. Now it's 10k xp.

scy

Welp, nerfed again.

I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing at 60 anymore.

Blizzard clearly doesn't want me playing Inferno.

Wait, did I wake up to more nerfs?! Goddamnit, I just got Act 1 Inferno on what looks to be easy mode :/

And please, spoiler it in the OT3

I thought OT3 was allowed spoilers. I am pretty sure anyone who reads this thread now has played d3 through normal or won't play it for a while.

Wow they nerfed Azmodan quest xp. I got from 54-60 in 2 hours last night because my friends kept running it and I would join their game for the XP. It was like 100k xp every minute. Now it's 10k xp.

This is a postitive.

I thought OT3 was allowed spoilers. I am pretty sure anyone who reads this thread now has played d3 through normal or won't play it for a while.

Well, a lot of people don't have access to the secret level yet due to the mats and random drops involved. I think that's probably still worth spoilering as a courtesy.

scy

Well, at least I won't have to tell people to repeat this quest for EXP when I'm asked how to level.

Wouldn't the more prudent fix have just been to fix it so that the quest after Azmodan didn't given a ton of EXP? :/

profit

This is a postitive.

No idea, I dont care too much for spoilers myself. I'm just trying not to get anyone else's enjoyment for the game ruined.

I haven't completed normal, yet. I'm actually nearing the end of ACT II with 2 characters right now. I've been taking my time but I also haven't had a ton of time to play. That all being said, I'm not sensitive to spoilers when it comes to a game like this.

LowParry

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING

I think I need to farm Hell for a bit, because this is just not going to fly.

You should be able to farm out Act 1 of Inferno pretty comfortably with 18k dps. I do it all the time with my farming gear. I'm going into Act 2 with 28k dps and still getting killed constantly. Just have to be a little patient with Act 2.

Edit: Ah, misread. 15k. You should still be alright with Act 1 Inferno. Oh, and look into getting some speed attack. Especially with rings. Very nice to have.

DSmalls84

I need some WD advice. I'm currently stuck on Act 2 in Hell on the 5th mission where you need to go through the sewers and find some place in an oasis(sorry I can't be more specific, at work atm on break so no access to D3). I've been trying to finish it as a group and it seems like every group I end up in people are babies and leave after a death or two on the first elite mobs. It is becoming increasingly disheartening and I don't want to have a friend rush me through it on his 60 as I'd rather not beat it like that.

I guess what I really need is advice on gear and spells as a witch doctor. I currently have about 25k hp and only 3500 dps. I know my dps is probably a bit low but I have significant weapon upgrade waiting for me in one level that should increase it pretty dramatically.

This is what I'm currently using as far as skills go. Does this look alright? Anything I should switch out? Are there multiple viable builds for Hell as a WD?

Looking at your build my suggestion would be Splintered Darts instead of Firebomb, Dire Bats instead of Acid Cloud, then add spiritual attunement and spirit vessel into your passive skills with jungle fortitude. It may also help you to replace Garg with Hex (Hedge Magic). When you get to 54 swap bats for Zombie Bears and get a cheap 2 handed staff with lots of dmg. Hope this helps.

Edit: This is the build I'm running at level 60. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUdRX!ZbV!acZZab
I sometimes swap out Horrify for Gargantuan with the Stun Rune, but you may not have that yet.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Has anyone else's game client not update yet? I still have the "OP" version of Force Armor on my Wizard and I don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom