• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

I'll give that a go. I really feel like the Bell does crap damage now though for some reason, but the Stun rune on it is ridiculous.

WotHF:FoF is our best overall generator now (the new FoT:TC if you will)

Dashing Strike is amazing now, and is imo a must have. SW and MoC are still solid, though MoR with that last rune (Collateral dmg?) is popular too if you're playing a build that gets you hit lots. I'm rocking stun monk on Torment V, so don't get hit a lot, so I'm sticking with overawe.

My monk if you're interested.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Dashing Strike is amazing now, and is imo a must have. SW and MoC are still solid, though MoR with that last rune (Collateral dmg?) is popular too if you're playing a build that gets you hit lots. I'm rocking stun monk on Torment V, so don't get hit a lot, so I'm sticking with overawe.

67% IAS. Holy hell.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Exploding palm is our way to do damage. It's scales with monster HP. I dropped SW for it. I'm currently playing vac monk with stun bell.

Crippling wave, dashing strike, cyclone, EP, bell, MoC

Yeah, I've been thinking about dropping SW. ~100% weapon damage per second isn't that big of a deal any more with some of the new legendaries like thunderfury and the moonlight ward amulet. Nothing procs cyclones like FoT used to either. (Maybe crippling wave in big crowds, but those are going to die quickly to exploding palm anyway)

I droped SW and it's all good, Monks have been conditioned to use it for so long that now that there are so many viable builds without it, it feels ackward dropping it, LTK with Scorpion is awesome!

Kssio_Aug

Yeah, I've been thinking about dropping SW. ~100% weapon damage per second isn't that big of a deal any more with some of the new legendaries like thunderfury and the moonlight ward amulet. Nothing procs cyclones like FoT used to either. (Maybe crippling wave in big crowds, but those are going to die quickly to exploding palm anyway)

I cant understand the big deal with Thunderfury. Could you explain me that?
I mean... im really lost at the attributes conditions and effectiveness from what I can see. :/

MrDaravon

Why specifically Fists of Fury rune? Does the DoT on it also generate Spirit or something?

I'll give that a go. I really feel like the Bell does crap damage now though for some reason, but the Stun rune on it is ridiculous.

It doesn't do great damage now. It was reduced by a lot in the recent patch. It's great crowd control.

Vac in, EP, bell spam.

I'll try WotHF when I get home. Crippling wave seems to smash all spririt generators after a good cyclone, but it's soo slow ...

I mean, EP should do waaaaaay more damage over an entire run in his situation. Unless someone is just full on lightning build like danthebadass and has multiple pieces like a WKL. Even then figuring out a way to get EP into the mix would be beneficial as it's our most powerful damage dealer by far in higher difficulties.

A well timed EP is one of the more OP skills in the game.

Bombless

I can't help but think Wolf companion is going to get nerfed. With Cloak of the Garwolf the game becomes easy mode as 3 wolves pretty much block everything if you fight in tight quarters, and bosses seem to like them very much. Just beat Diablo Torment 2 without breaking a sweat because he kept attacking them and turning his back to me. A couple wolves died from his lightning attack but he just switched to another and the dead one popped back up.

Zeliard

I can't help but think Wolf companion is going to get nerfed. With Cloak of the Garwolf the game becomes easy mode as 3 wolves pretty much block everything if you fight in tight quarters, and bosses seem to like them very much. Just beat Diablo Torment 2 without breaking a sweat because he kept attacking them and turning his back to me. A couple wolves died from his lightning attack but he just switched to another and the dead one popped back up.

Yeah I took a Demon Hunter to level 60 recently and it was amazing how much focus the wolf took away from all kinds of mobs, bosses included. It was like he was perma-taunting.

First time I'd played the class. It's a hell of a lot of fun. My wizard is much more powerful since I've spent more time farming with him, but Demon Hunter is by far the most enjoyable class I've played from a mechanics standpoint. The mobility is delicious.

Shifty76

Interesting.

Also I have Strongarm Bracers on my DH, supposedly works with that one Deadly Reach rune so that's potentially interesting as well.

Yeah, I spent the weekend experimenting with the different DR runes with my Strongarms, but at the end of the day went back to FoF (though currently experimenting with WotHF). Just seems to drop bodies way faster.

67% IAS. Holy hell.

Left over from my nirvana build where speed ruled :)

Kssio_Aug

Do anyone know a guide where explain how item stats works?
Like resistances, the elemental damages, and so on.

I think I need that to understand builds and everything.

Strider

So I've been playing Titanfall today and when you call down your titan there is this beam of light that goes toward the sky that always reminds me of getting a legendary.

I have a problem.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I cant understand the big deal with Thunderfury. Could you explain me that?
I mean... im really lost at the attributes conditions and effectiveness from what I can see. :/

It's all about that proc, really. Monk basic attacks do around 200%, give or take. The proc does around 300% and its internal cooldown is 1/APS so it can proc on every attack if you're lucky.

With area damage at 20% chance, you'll usually get one splash per proc in a group, so depending on your area damage that's also significant.

More on that:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/202ssh/guide_201_area_damage_explained/
I'm going to try switching my paragon LoH over to area damage tonight. Good to take advantage of it while we still have access to life steal.

Dahbomb

Yeah Area damage is good for Monks. I was using it since day one of the patch. I do respec out to LoH in some instances where I need the extra healing but for trash mobs AD is good.

SW Cyclone plus Essence Burn + AD + LTK spam is freaking hilarious. I can demolish a large pack of Torment V mobs with it very quickly. Too bad its not as good against Elites so I have to switch to my regular build which can't really handle T5.

TF is amazing too. It has a HUGE range and 300% damage as Lightning damage is not joke when you have like 50%+ lightning damage. That's a potential 450% free AOE attack! I currently have TF equipped with WKL and it does a lot of work.

Maximus.

So I'm planning on finishing leveling up my DH to 60 I currently have a level 60 barb that I've had since day 1. I just want to ask, would it be worth my time having a DH? I've read conflicting things about how they handle at the higher difficulty levels and I've witnessed one of my friends getting destroyed pretty easily. I just want a class that fun and does high dps, I know I won't be able to take hits like my barb. I am also considering a wizard instead of a DH. Thoughts?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man

EU GAF

EU GAF!!!!!!!

If you're playing on Europe and you're not in the clan yet... WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

IceMarker

Transmorgification will be a neat feature, but I think the "stock" legendaries and armor sets still meld together quite nicely sometimes.

BVuxTuR.jpg

BEHOLD MY GLORY

Shouta

It's almost time to create a new thread. Anyone build the new OT yet?

Also, I'm in a conundrum with my weapons, lol

Take the 7k DPS hit for that amazing stun or go with the higher damage and life. Decisions. >=(

MrDaravon

Take the 7k DPS hit for that amazing stun or go with the higher damage and life. Decisions. >=(

Yoshi has dibs on the RoS OT, but that can't go live until next Tuesday so not sure how you want to handle things (should we just move officially over to the Gaming-side thread if this hits the limit before then, etc).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Should I actually be calling it |OT6| though? Or start from a vanilla OT?

It wont be better than the vanilla OT :-(... Check my other main OTs including Blizzcon threads to see what my threads usually ends up looking :3

IceMarker

Should I actually be calling it |OT6| though? Or start from a vanilla OT?

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Welcome back, Nephalem.

It wont be better than the vanilla OT :-(... Check my other main OTs including Blizzcon threads to see what my threads usually ends up looking :3

I could whip up some graphics for you to use. I used to do that for GAF Starcraft II tournaments years ago. EDIT: Ah you were one of the first posts in most of the threads I made for those.

Shifty76

Take the stun. I took a 40k dps hit for mine!

Shouta

It's probably ok to go over 20k in this thread just a bit at least until next Tuesday. If we suddenly accelerate for some reason, the RoS OT can go up early.

Yoshichan

It's probably ok to go over 20k in this thread just a bit at least until next Tuesday. If we suddenly accelerate for some reason, the RoS OT can go up early.
Oh, before I was panicing that I wouldn't make the OT in time - but NOW? I'm REALLY panicing :lol
An invite.
Find the NeoGAF Community and PM me through there.

Yoshichan

I got the community but I don't see anyone in apart from "Ryan" who is offline.
That's REALLY odd, yeah I'm checking it out right now and you're right... is this a glitch?

Kssio_Aug

Do someone want to farm legs at Normal Difficulty?
Or maybe help me level up my Monk or my DH (both at level 27) at torment VI?

NA server: KssioAug#1269

Chocobro

I decided to restart the campaign on my DH and I got 3 legendaries up to the point after beating Skeleton King; whole thing took maybe 40 minutes.
I love the Rucksack :3 Should I bother switching out the xbow? My CC is 35% and CD with my current xbow is 198%
While I'm posting here, any DH build suggestions? I haven't played since launch.

Yoshichan

Thanks man! Anything you make, feel free to PM it to me! I'm pretty sure I won't be putting it out before 1 week pre-launch though.

Ashodin

It's all about that proc, really. Monk basic attacks do around 200%, give or take. The proc does around 300% and its internal cooldown is 1/APS so it can proc on every attack if you're lucky.

With area damage at 20% chance, you'll usually get one splash per proc in a group, so depending on your area damage that's also significant.

More on that:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/202ssh/guide_201_area_damage_explained/
I'm going to try switching my paragon LoH over to area damage tonight. Good to take advantage of it while we still have access to life steal.

Shit. after reading that, I'm convinced.

Dunfisch

A whole bunch of Paragon, couple of useless legendaries and a veritable amount of puns regarding questionable work ethics.

Oh, and pills of indeterminate origin.

Welcome to EU Diablo-GAF. This bears repeating. Repeatedly.

Plus, did I say you ought to go onto the Mumble? Go onto the Mumble. More witty banter per second than you can shake your biggest stick at.

Yoshichan

FUCK YEAH THAT ADVERTISMENT DUN

YOU GO GIRL

:D

But yeah seriously

Mumble

Join us

Kssio_Aug

Damn, I rally want to enter at a community, with some gaffers. I cant find no one here to play with, sometimes its quite boring! =/
Wish I could enter at overflow or gaf oficial NA clan. But the 1st one I get no responses, the second one someone said its full. Arent there any other clans, or group of people that is actually thinking on making another one at NA server?

Im almost trying new chars at EU server because of this.

So I got those pants that increase damage and resource production by 25% while moving and decrease 20 some odd percent while standing. I figured build a TR monk. I had to buy a cheap skorn (since 2h weapons are currently broken) and a inna's helm for 2 more spirit a second, but I'm rocking permanent TR right now. I'm using the movement speed rune on MoC and its quite effective.

Standing I'm 118k dps and like 180 or so while moving. It's pretty funny. T1 is fast farming.

Yoshichan

GUYS

MUMBLE

NOW

EVERYONE

EUGAF REJOICE

As a WD, my Acid Cloud tends to crit (almost all the time and on all monsters) between 300k and 500k. I play on Torment II and do okay. Should I bump it up, y'think?

Yoshichan

15 levels today!

Had a GREAT time with the clan :D PEACE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom