• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I've not seen a 1h rare with more than 900.

I'm pretty sure this is happening because the "+% damage" affix doesn't roll as high any more. They increased the base damage for level 70 weapons and legendaries, but missed level 60 rares. (could be a holdover from the item level 63 vs item level 60 as well)

Kssio_Aug

1. Yes, the weapons DPS takes into consideration the damage added by the roll.
2. The latter. If you have %20 lightning, it only affects the lightning damage portion of your weapons DPS. Not the base damage on the weapon. So 20% lightning wouldn't increase a weapons DPS by a full 20% - much more likely it'll be about 5-10% based on the percentage of damage the elemental stat has rolled.
3. If arcane orb does 200% weapon DPS and you get 20% arcane damage it will do 200/100*120 = 240% weapon damage.

I think this is all true. I hope so anyway.. :) Happy to be corrected

Thanks a lot!! I think I got it now!
:D

I'm pretty sure this is happening because the "+% damage" affix doesn't roll as high any more. They increased the base damage for level 70 weapons and legendaries, but missed level 60 rares. (could be a holdover from the item level 63 vs item level 60 as well)

Whatever the reason for the situation, it's kinda fucked right now. If it's not a 1h leg you can toss without looking at it. Shit better be fixed by ROS release.

Dahbomb

I've not seen a 1h rare with more than 900.
No I have seen Rares more than 900s but they are operating like they did a few patches ago where 900 was a "good" roll and 1000 was a godly roll. Now 1000 roll is mediocre at best, 1100 is ok and 1200-1300 are the money rolls.

In any case it's pretty fucked up.

And I can't believe the 2H bug isn't fixed yet. Almost makes me not want to play the game (actually even if I did want to play the server is down).

Shifty76

I have some questions regarding item and skill affixes:

1- Is the elemental damage already included at the weapons overall dps that is showing?
2- Does the elemental damage rise the weapon dps by multiplying its value (elemental damage% x DPS) or by adding it to the weapon damage [(ed% x DPS) + DPS]?
3- What about a skill? (regarding the same question as before) IE.: The Arcane Orb that hits 200% weapon damage. How is that damage calculated? I mean.. the overall damage will be "only" 200% DPS or will it be summed to the weapon dps alone too?

Thanks!

1. Yes.
2 & 3. It depends - Highly recommend you take a read through Druin's "elemental dmg explained" post over on bannedofgamers for more info: http://bannedofgamers.com/index.php?threads/guide-2-0-1-elemental-damage-explained.1104/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ketHWCP.png

EU GAF, EU GAF, EU GAF

edit: GROWING... GROWING...

ivSlH2m.png

well when you dual wield your attacks are alternated between each weapon

ooooooooh. very interesting.

that makes sense for autoattacking, but how about when you cast one big blast ability that's ordinarially physical like Monk's Pillar of the Ancients or Sudden Assault Seven Sided Strike?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got a good item today, it's the first item to actually make me smile. I've now got 15% Arcane Orb on boots and helm, plus 15% cold on bracers.

3Q8csK8.jpg

Insaniac

I finally got a good item today, it's the first item to actually make me smile. I've now got 15% Arcane Orb on boots and helm, plus 15% cold on bracers.

3Q8csK8.jpg

Oh man, i got those on the PTR and the negate immobilize is so great cause it works on jailer too. that 15% arcane orb damage boost is boss also

WoL is mainhand only. Not sure about SSS.

fuck man. all this time I've probably had weapons in the wrong hands expecting certain effects and benefits. When dual wielding, I simply assumed it didn't matter what hand the weapon was in.

years later, still learning how to play the damn game.

You would do that......to us?
For Ice Climbers?

all I see are future rugs, luck charms, and accessories.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
fuck man. all this time I've probably had weapons in the wrong hands expecting certain effects and benefits. When dual wielding, I simply assumed it didn't matter what hand the weapon was in.

years later, still learning how to play the damn game.

For Ice Climbers?

all I see are future rugs, luck charms, and accessories.

you're a monster

Gila

So I'm planning on finishing leveling up my DH to 60 I currently have a level 60 barb that I've had since day 1. I just want to ask, would it be worth my time having a DH? I've read conflicting things about how they handle at the higher difficulty levels and I've witnessed one of my friends getting destroyed pretty easily. I just want a class that fun and does high dps, I know I won't be able to take hits like my barb. I am also considering a wizard instead of a DH. Thoughts?

He probably had no life steal or LoH and had bad resists along with shitty gear. Any class with the right items are deadly

f0rk

How do I get in the EU guild? Started a Demon Hunter, have been enjoying the quicker leveling through the difficulty settings.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do I get in the EU guild? Started a Demon Hunter, have been enjoying the quicker leveling through the difficulty settings.
Search for NeoGAF Community and find me there (Yoshichan), send me a PM - I'll invite you.

Yoshichan

That code error on EU?

Laieon

What's a decent DH build right now? I'm leveling one, currently 48, and I'm just not feeling the one I'm using right now.

Currently using:
Hungering Arrow - Puncturing Arrow
Rapid Fire - Withering Fire
Caltrops - Hooked Spikes
Vault - Action Shot
Fan of Knives - Pinpoint Accuracy
Multishot - Burst Fire

Blood Vengeance
Cull the Weak
Archery

eek5

What's a decent DH build right now? I'm leveling one, currently 48, and I'm just not feeling the one I'm using right now.

Currently using:
Hungering Arrow - Puncturing Arrow
Rapid Fire - Withering Fire
Caltrops - Hooked Spikes
Vault - Action Shot
Fan of Knives - Pinpoint Accuracy
Multishot - Burst Fire

Blood Vengeance
Cull the Weak
Archery
DH is not very fun IMO. I'm not sure you'll ever really find a fun build until you get to level 60 and find a kindershot or soemthing.

crozier

Grenade builds are super fun. I have a Krinder, but if I didn't I'd probably roll with Entangling Shot: Chain Gang, Rapid Fire: Bombardment, Marked for Death: Valley of Death, Rain of Vengeance: Anathema, Shadow Power: Gloom, and Vault. Then the +Dmg to slowed targets, +Dmg to targets out 20 meters, and grenadier. Maybe swap one passive for a hatred generator depending on issues there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom