• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As a WD, my Acid Cloud tends to crit (almost all the time and on all monsters) between 300k and 500k. I play on Torment II and do okay. Should I bump it up, y'think?

It's all about kill speed. If you can mow through Torment II, try III. If you feel slow, stick with II until something pops up. More kills = more drops = more chances for goodies.

IceMarker

xzOm9bT.png

Basic concept of a sample RoS |OT|

[
Basic concept of a sample RoS |OT|
Can we get little animate corpses ragdolling after your cursor when you mouse over it? Like when the barbarian sends them flying across the screen? That'd be badass.

Otherwise, looks good. Maybe an extra splash of blood and darkness. :)

IceMarker

Can we get little animate corpses ragdolling after your cursor when you mouse over it? Like when the barbarian sends them flying across the screen? That'd be badass.

Otherwise, looks good. Maybe an extra splash of blood and darkness. :)
Man, if only. In the end it's still Yoshichan's call. I sent him the basic set of images to use if he wants.

Will there be a Diablo 3 Loot |OT2.0.2| in gaming to compliment the RoS OT?

I thought RoS |OT| is acting as |OT6|.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yeah, my post was a joke at there being the separate gaming thread.
its time for bed

Makes sense to me that RoS will be OT6.

MrDaravon

Is the gaf clan/community split between regions or is it all for one?

Also, who do I have to sleep with to join?

Everything is region-based. No idea about the EU stuff, on NA the main clan has been full forever, there's an overflow clan (GAFO) but I'm not sure who the contact is for that one. Also not sure about a NA Community; I think that idea may have been scrapped.

So I have a lvl 60 DH from the launch days that I am using to finally get some Paragon levels on Master difficulty and I am also starting a new monk character to take advantage of the 50% EXP bonus. I am currently lvl 38 with the monk, who's DPS seems garbage. I am just playing sequentially through the game with my monk and just arrived at act II but I feel like I am not spending my time well. I think for my DH I should probably start attempting T1 to get at the very least some rare crafting materials.

Is there a some sort of consensus on a good place to power level and get some loot drops in Master difficulty for lvls 30-60? If I am doing ok in Master with a lvl 60 DH, should I just start from Act I if I am going to attempt T1?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks Ashodin for helping me and my buddies out with IM last night. Even though it was only on Torment III, it was NO joke. Those fuckers hit like a truck, ha. Love it! Going to have to gather more keys so I can get the rest of the parts for my Hellfire.

Also...

I have been melting things with this setup.

DrLush

My Spirit Barrage and Zombie Bahrs are my go-to, both dealing excessive amounts of damage. My Soul Harvest increases my DPS, but also crits 1mil+ when it goes off. Spirit Walk is my "Oh shit!" button, giving me health when I go on the run. Hex is for crowd control and gives my friends a zerg focus, with the target receiving additional damage. And Fetish Army gives me pets that draw attention away from me.

Spirit Vessel is my "Oh, there was bad underneath me?!" get-out-of-jail free card. Rush of Essence gives me lots of mana to play with, after spamming Spirit Barrage it fuels my Zombie Bahrs. And Grave Injustice allows for me to fire off more skills as the huge packs in later Torment levels fall before me.

This build was great. My gear is such that I can't really solo Torment III, but in a group setting, it's pretty great. I swap out Hex for that Fetish Shaman or whatever that gives a crazy DPS boost. That's definitely my situational skill.

Having the fetish army made me realize how badly I want a pet build. So I'm going to toy with WD pet skills and see if I can't make a viable build out of it.

GorillaJu

So I have a lvl 60 DH from the launch days that I am using to finally get some Paragon levels on Master difficulty and I am also starting a new monk character to take advantage of the 50% EXP bonus. I am currently lvl 38 with the monk, who's DPS seems garbage. I am just playing sequentially through the game with my monk and just arrived at act II but I feel like I am not spending my time well. I think for my DH I should probably start attempting T1 to get at the very least some rare crafting materials.

Is there a some sort of consensus on a good place to power level and get some loot drops in Master difficulty for lvls 30-60? If I am doing ok in Master with a lvl 60 DH, should I just start from Act I if I am going to attempt T1?

If I were you, I'd work on getting Paragon levels while the +50% exp bonus is still in effect. I really don't know what exp gain is going to be like post-expansion, if for example it gets super easy to level up, but you'll have no problem getting that monk up to 60 without the bonus. Since your main is already 60, you can just have invite a friend (or Gaf member?) to a party, create a new game at Torment 6 and they'll slay everything and you'll be getting levels in a flash (you'll need to lower the Torment levels after you hit 50 as it'll get too slow to be worth the difficulty exp bonus). I brought up a character from 1-60 in about 20 minutes it seemed doing this in a powerlevel trade with a random from General chat. It's made extremely simple, especially if you do Crypt of the Ancient runs.

This build was great. My gear is such that I can't really solo Torment III, but in a group setting, it's pretty great.
Yeah, that's all I play in. And normally it's with at least one Wizard, so enemies fall before our might. I just am left wondering how long before the Wizard gets a nerf...
Having the fetish army made me realize how badly I want a pet build. So I'm going to toy with WD pet skills and see if I can't make a viable build out of it.
Be sure to post your findings! I, too, love the idea of a pet build. It's one of the big draws I originally had to the Witch Doctor upon unveiling.

Patch Notes:
General
- The area of effect for the fire trenches in the halls of agony now better match their animations
- There is now a short delay before Fire Trench damage is dealt
Followers
- enchantress
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Erosion was causing Electrified to proc too frequently
Bosses
- Act Bosses now always drop a rare quality item
- The Skeleton King no longer drops a Legendary item after using the "Reset Quests" button for level 60 characters
- This bonus as been moved to Diablo for level 60 characters
Classes
- Wizard
- Active Skills
- Hydra
Bug fix: Hydras should now properly dissipate when the owner dies or leaves the game
- Familiar
- Increased the internal cooldown attack rate to roughly match the player's attack speed to a maximum of approximately 2 attacks per second.
- Magic Weapon
- Skill Rune - Deflection
- Added an internal cooldown to the proc rate to be roughly once per attack
Crafting
- Blacksmithing
- Level 1-60 crafted legendary and set pieces now require 2 Fiery Brimstones to craft
- All low level crafted Legendary and Set pieces now require at least 1 DE to craft
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Legendary crafting recipes were rolling Rare level stats
- In addition, a pass was made to ensure all Legendary crafted items were rolling with 6 total affixes
Items
- New affix: +Max Spirit for Monks
- This affix rolls on Fist Weapons, Spirit Stones, and Combat Staves

Dat Max Spirit

If I were you, I'd work on getting Paragon levels while the +50% exp bonus is still in effect. I really don't know what exp gain is going to be like post-expansion, if for example it gets super easy to level up, but you'll have no problem getting that monk up to 60 without the bonus. Since your main is already 60, you can just have invite a friend (or Gaf member?) to a party, create a new game at Torment 6 and they'll slay everything and you'll be getting levels in a flash (you'll need to lower the Torment levels after you hit 50 as it'll get too slow to be worth the difficulty exp bonus). I brought up a character from 1-60 in about 20 minutes it seemed doing this in a powerlevel trade with a random from General chat. It's made extremely simple, especially if you do Crypt of the Ancient runs.

Thanks for the tips. So to clarify. I should start lvl 1 characters in T6, invite a lvl 60 friend or random, and have them just wreck house in my low level T6 game?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
- New affix: +Max Spirit for Monks
- This affix rolls on Fist Weapons, Spirit Stones, and Combat Staves

My next question was if this is going to be a primary or secondary. Looks like it's going to be secondary because +disc and +mana both are.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is the patch out? My game isn't patching!

Full patch, and it's out now with the maintenance. No 2h legendary fix mentioned either. Wonder if that was fixed but didn't hit the notes?

The 2H bugs affects all 2H I believe. Has anyone seen a high DPS 1h yellow yet? I'm starting to think the only weapons that aren't bugged are the 1h legendary weapons.

Bosses
- The Skeleton King no longer drops a Legendary item after using the "Reset Quests" button for level 60 characters
- This bonus as been moved to Diablo for level 60 characters
For some reason, moving that off SK and over to Diablo made me laugh. I pictured SK being emo and crying in his crypt how no one takes him seriously and people only want the legendary. Then Josh Mosqueira comes in and pats him on the shoulder to calm him down and goes, "We'll show them." Then Diablo felt a little more sparkly than normal and turns to the camera and says "Bring it."

I don't think I got enough sleep last night.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Woah

WOAH

WOAH

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Everything is region-based. No idea about the EU stuff, on NA the main clan has been full forever, there's an overflow clan (GAFO) but I'm not sure who the contact is for that one. Also not sure about a NA Community; I think that idea may have been scrapped.
We still have spots for the EU clan, myself Ryan and Yoshi have invite powers.

I'll be on in a bit, Tunesmith#1650 is my tag.

Oh my gawd, something tells me Spanish speaking Gaffers will never join that clan.

Kssio_Aug

I have some questions regarding item and skill affixes:

1- Is the elemental damage already included at the weapons overall dps that is showing?
2- Does the elemental damage rise the weapon dps by multiplying its value (elemental damage% x DPS) or by adding it to the weapon damage [(ed% x DPS) + DPS]?
3- What about a skill? (regarding the same question as before) IE.: The Arcane Orb that hits 200% weapon damage. How is that damage calculated? I mean.. the overall damage will be "only" 200% DPS or will it be summed to the weapon dps alone too?

Thanks!

Dahbomb

The 2H bugs affects all 2H I believe. Has anyone seen a high DPS 1h yellow yet? I'm starting to think the only weapons that aren't bugged are the 1h legendary weapons.
Yeah I thought I was the only who noticed this. I have not gotten a good 1H Rare weapon in 2.0.1 ... like I have not seen a Rare cross the 1100 DPS range where as every 1H Legendary I find has at least that much DPS.

I have some questions regarding item and skill affixes:

1- Is the elemental damage already included at the weapons overall dps that is showing?
2- Does the elemental damage rise the weapon dps by multiplying its value (elemental damage% x DPS) or by adding it to the weapon damage [(ed% x DPS) + DPS]?
3- What about a skill? (regarding the same question as before) IE.: The Arcane Orb that hits 200% weapon damage. How is that damage calculated? I mean.. the overall damage will be "only" 200% DPS or will it be summed to the weapon dps alone too?

Thanks!

1. Yes, the weapons DPS takes into consideration the damage added by the roll.
2. The latter. If you have %20 lightning, it only affects the lightning damage portion of your weapons DPS. Not the base damage on the weapon. So 20% lightning wouldn't increase a weapons DPS by a full 20% - much more likely it'll be about 5-10% based on the percentage of damage the elemental stat has rolled.
3. If arcane orb does 200% weapon DPS and you get 20% arcane damage it will do 200/100*120 = 240% weapon damage.

I think this is all true. I hope so anyway.. :) Happy to be corrected

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

NA community is just "GAF" and it should still be open. The problem with communities is it doesn't join the chat by default, so it automatically turns into a ghost town just because it's a pain to click it every time. Hoping they change that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom