• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

For Monks if you aren't using Fire spec then you can use Inna's Chest, Aughild's Chest, Born's chest or Blackthorne chest depending upon your spec.

DHs can use Nat Chest, that Wolf Chest or Marauder chest.

Assuming you aren't using Fire CA spec. Cindercoat is BiS for all Fire specs but for any other spec it's bad (as it should be).

traveler

Not Wario
Are goldskin chest worth wearing for the secondary?

If you don't have a set going/could craft a decent set chest, it's actually pretty decent. Most of the leg chests are underwhelming and at least with goldskin, you don't get a useless ms stat. (If I see another tyrael's drop.....) You get the leg stat rolls and that secondary will add up over time. It's not going to rain showers of gold by any means, but it will definitely help.

Firemind

While I partially agree, I see that as more of a failure on the wd design than them leaving space for another class. The WD just can't compare to the old necro when it comes to full on minion builds.

I don't want the necro back, though. That'd be two expansions in a row where we got new classes for archetypes that were already filled. (Crusader following the monk, and wd following the necro) A druid/nature magic oriented caster/shapeshifter is clearly the missing archetype. It could even fit into the now balanced distribution of primary stats with a dynamic primary stat that changed depending on shapeshifting! (Bear form str primary, werewolf form dex primary, etc.)

The only thing the Monk and Crusader have in common is that they're both holy classes and have auras in their repertoire. Gameplay-wise, they're nothing alike. I tried to like the Monk, but unfortunately dex sucks on HC and they can't utilize shields effectively, since a number of their builds rely on dual wielding.

traveler

Not Wario
The only thing the Monk and Crusader have in common is that they're both holy classes and have auras in their repertoire. Gameplay-wise, they're nothing alike. I tried to like the Monk, but unfortunately dex sucks on HC and they can't utilize shields effectively, since a number of their builds rely on dual wielding.

I agree that they're pretty different in practice, but I feel like any aspect of the crusader not shared by the monk was already in the barb, aside from the rather forced slow'n'shielded approach...

Alright, I concede. I'm grasping at straws- I just want a Druid/Shaman type role in the game, Blizzard! People already have their holy warriors, pet summoners, wizards, warriors, and ranged physical classes- give me the nature based class!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Goldskin + Goldwrap belt is one of those things that sounds like it could be super effective but I've never got around to trying it

at lower levels it's pretty nice and I used that idea with gloves or bracers that drops more gold per masscre bonus.

Dahbomb

Druid/Shaman type makes the most sense as the next class. And I agree in that it should be a hybrid class where it gets benefits from all 3 stats depending upon build.

Bloodsent

JoNeGSY.jpg

I have had no real great luck with drops since ROS, but hey, after 4 Squirt's Necklakes, you get used to it.

Finally got something pretty good, but not sure what to reroll. I am not cold based (I am currently focusing on Fire, but may switch to Arcane). Is the smart play to reroll the Cold into something else, whether it be CC, CD,Fire, or Arcane%, or the Vitality?

traveler

Not Wario
JoNeGSY.jpg

I have had no real great luck with drops since ROS, but hey, after 4 Squirt's Necklakes, you get used to it.

Finally got something pretty good, but not sure what to reroll. I am not cold based (I am currently focusing on Fire, but may switch to Arcane). Is the smart play to reroll the Cold into something else, whether it be CC, CD,Fire, or Arcane%, or the Vitality?

Roll the vit for cd and save it for a cold spec. But, unless you're going to switch or try the spec right now, save your resources until you do. May come across a better cold SoJ in the meantime/need the resources for current build rerolling.

I asked this on the last page and didn't get an answer, and it's still bugging me, even if it is a stupid question:

What is the point of elemental damage on a weapon? If all of your moves use their element, when would the weapon's element come into play?

Firemind

I asked this on the last page and didn't get an answer, and it's still bugging me, even if it is a stupid question:

What is the point of elemental damage on a weapon? If all of your moves use their element, when would the weapon's element come into play?

Aesthetics when you blow up stuff.

That and a few skills like Holy Cause.

So the weirdest thing just happened to me...

I only had a couple minutes before I needed to log so I was like... eh, fuck it, I'll do the Diablo bounty. Get to Diablo and the split second before it goes into showing Diablo, I attempt to drop a sentry. My shit wigs out, drops me at Izual in the middle of the fight, UI is messed up, and then it doesn't even log in my chat that the fight happened.
Diablo? Who knows where the fuck that demon went.

On the plus side, the Staff of Herding plans finally dropped so the gem is the last thing I need. :/

isny

napkin dispenser

Plus elemental damage on items.

Totakeke

Got a potential issue with Divine Fortress. I was testing the impact of switching to Punish for Hardened Senses and my Provoke rune to Hit Me on the damage of blessed shield this morning- since those skills provide block chance- and I noticed that neither my toughness numbers nor my armor numbers went up. While I didn't think anything of it initially, I did see that my shields were hitting for noticeably more, however, (never had a 20 million shield- or even 19 million- on crit before) so then I tried removing Hold Your Ground. No change in armor, change in shield damage.

Since both blessed shield and divine fortress are worded in the same manner-- both use your block chance to add a % bonus to an attribute, weap dmg for the former and armor for the latter- I'm wondering if this is intended or is, in fact, a bug. If it is a bug, hold your ground/dr using crusaders are missing a pretty substantial amount of armor, even more so if they use any of the other block chance boosting skills. If it's not a bug, I'm wondering it's even worth using divine fortress at all over renewal given that my shield has a base block chance of 19% and I could be benefiting on heals for my actual block chance of 49% with hardened senses up and hyg on or cap when I have provoke up. Is 19% armor better than a near constant stream of heals?

Anyone have any clue on how dr is supposed to function? Is blessed shield actually bugged for benefiting from block?

Don't know about divine fortress, but block% isn't factored into the toughness stat. Check your block% amount rather than the toughness.

Edit: Actually, afaik, Divine Fortress isn't affected by skills and effects that increases your block chance, it only takes it from the shield's amount. Shield Bash and Blessed Shield are affected however.

Wolfie5

JoNeGSY.jpg

Heh, I got a similar one as well for my WD. But I use mostly fire/pet skills to my more pet oriented build. Therefore this is useless, but will save it in case I can use it with some other build:

Also, got Nemesis bracers today:
At first I thought this will probably not replace my Reaper´s wraps. But after trying Nemesis out, I realized I don´t need need the mana boost on my current build and I use Firebats more than poison skills right now.
I have rerolled the movement speed to vit, might change it to all res.

My WD fire/pet build (My fetish crits 5-6m per hit and garg crits around 50m) :
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wolfie5-2907/hero/2624442

I just tried T4 for the first time and it went much better than I thought. I knew my dmg was good enough but was not sure about my toughness lvl. But for efficient farming I think I will drop to T2-T3.

EDIT:
My sheet dps is 1,1m with PtV(930k unbuffed). Not sure why my profile at above link shows lower. Could be paragon bonus is not counted.

Also, got Nemesis bracers today:

My sheet dps is 1,1m with PtV(930k unbuffed). Not sure why my profile at above link shows lower. Could be paragon bonus is not counted.

I got nemesis bracers as well, but I only use them to spawn the champions then switch back.

Also, profile DPS is bugged in a lot of ways. Some items show incorrect stats and paragon is not taken into account.

Radec

For those who also got the Asheara's set, does the items of the other followers affect their damage and toughness when they proc?

Think I've put over 4000 shards into sources from Kadala, I've pretty much gotten every single legendary multiple times (triumvarate, chantos, light of grace, etc...) but no goddamn mirror ball....

WHERES MY GODDAMN DISCO BALL of DEATH.

Back to T1 runs for more attempts at a mirrorball.....sigh

RivalCore

Just burned through 20 souls and God knows how many crystals to try and get a chest piece from 2 sockets to 3. No such luck, RNG decided to only offer 2 sockets and 1 socket downgrades.

Jesus this game sometimes.

Think I've put over 4000 shards into sources from Kadala, I've pretty much gotten every single legendary multiple times (triumvarate, chantos, light of grace, etc...) but no goddamn mirror ball....

WHERES MY GODDAMN DISCO BALL of DEATH.

Back to T1 runs for more attempts at a mirrorball.....sigh

I know the feels.

TFrwl9L.png

joesmokey

Tried a T5 solo rift for the first time. It's doable, but very slow. Took me about 35 mins for the entire thing. Everything is manageable except for when elites are spawned right at the dungeon entrances. That usually results in a lot of deaths D:.

Just wasted about 15m gold on random crafting, and reforging. Not sure why I did it, crafted a set helm, got it to 6% crit then figured...I dont want to lose the socket, so I went back and rerolled my Mempo until I got 6 crit.

Then crafted a bunch of set/legendary boots, no upgrades over my Firewalkers.

What is wrong with me.

Ultratech

Tried a T5 solo rift for the first time. It's doable, but very slow. Took me about 35 mins for the entire thing. Everything is manageable except for when elites are spawned right at the dungeon entrances. That usually results in a lot of deaths D:.

Sounds like me trying to play my low-level DH on T2. lol

If I could hit an enemy, I could probably kill it. (Thanks to some OP Lv70 weapons.)
Sadly, my DH was also super-squishy at the time, and I did some Act IV adventure mode and had those asshole enemies that fall from the sky insta-gib me coming off of a waypoint.

There was much yelling.

Firemind

Just wasted about 15m gold on random crafting, and reforging. Not sure why I did it, crafted a set helm, got it to 6% crit then figured...I dont want to lose the socket, so I went back and rerolled my Mempo until I got 6 crit.

Then crafted a bunch of set/legendary boots, no upgrades over my Firewalkers.

What is wrong with me.

I wasted 80m on enchanting jewelry. By the end of next month, I'll be a hobosader.

Boogdud

This cracked me up. It takes my crusader half an hour to clear a t1. That's with 600k DPs, a jekang and blessed shield build...

Of course he never comes close to dying, but man, I feel like that turtle in the bugs bunny cartoon.

Cipherr

This cracked me up. It takes my crusader half an hour to clear a t1. That's with 600k DPs, a jekang and blessed shield build...

Of course he never comes close to dying, but man, I feel like that turtle in the bugs bunny cartoon.

You would likely shine like diamonds in a T3 run with 3 glass cannon dps blowing everything up while you tanked it. Someone with good toughness to coral everything really makes a difference in runs. It sucks so bad sometimes when I do T2 or T3 and we are all glass cannon dps relying on blowing stuff up before it can get to us. The deaths and constant kiting are annoying.

Instro

I'm more surprised now if I dump 500 shards and don't get a ring at all, and getting 2 or 3 doesn't even faze me. That's just 2 days on the right, almost all from kadala. A couple are drops, but I also have a couple unitys that are on followers/on me now that aren't in the pic.

Out of curiosity, what set are those 2 at the bottom right from?

My WD fire/pet build (My fetish crits 5-6m per hit and garg crits around 50m) :
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wolfie5-2907/hero/2624442

This is where I'm at with my fire/pet build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Instro-1795/hero/13004455

Very heavy on +% fire damage for my toads because of Rhen Ho flayer, but its very beneficial for my Garg as well. I've been trying to re-reroll my SoJ to Crit damage but I havent been lucky so far.

Lots of bitching on the cesspit...I mean official forums about drop rates and such as per usual, but I'm just not seeing the issues other people are.

My progression since ROS has been something like this:

Was doing T3 comfortably on my Wiz pre ROS using a Frorb build. Went ok in ROS for about the first few zones of act 5. By the time I hit Urziel (sp?), I was getting reality checked.

I ended Malthael at Expert level...I actually bumped down at Malthael from Master.

I am not the luckiest when it comes to drops; RNGeezus seems to look upon me with scorn, but the progression has not been too bad considering how much I play. Through enchanting, the occasional useful drop, and mucking around with builds and skills, I am now in T1 comfortably and I think I may be ready to transition up to T2. Getting a 3 piece Tal's set will probably put me there easily.

I'm pretty happy with that progression. It sounds like a lot of people want to be geared for T6 within a short time which is not optimal in the long run.

I do get that people hate getting the same legendary items over and over. I rage whenever I see a blackthornes, hammer jammers, or Litany. This is probably my biggest gripe....well that and Kadala is a tight-wad with me, but whatevs.

Nete

After 226 hours with my Crusader, almost all of them in Torment 1-4, I'm starting to believe that RNGesus doesn't hate me, it just likes to troll me.

I'm looting lots of legendaries, including an, I guess, appropiate rate of set pieces. But somehow, *all* the good legs are items I don't have use with this char (oh look, another Andariel, another Thunderfury, another BoP, another [InsertRandomGoodLeg]), and *all* the sets are the usual Wailing Hosts, Letanies and Blackthorne pieces.

RNG is RNG, but I'm starting to feel a bit frustrated with this. Yeah, is always nice to have full good gear for several builds (Holy, Lightning, Fire) to mess around, but it doesn't exactly gives a feeling of progress.

Throw me a bone RNGesus! All I'm asking is one Akkhan piece (still sitting with the two I got in 30 minutes a couple weeks ago) or a Fate of the Fell! (more than 10k shards on Kadala, and NOPE).

Hell, I've even just looted a second Shard of Hate. And is not like I'm using the first with any char right now D:

200589c1e6ef42bbdd5d4a47b113c720.png

scy

Man, I'd love for that Shard haha. Less damage than my current one but the superior proc damage (by a lot) would easily make it BiS for my Lightning Crusader spec :x

But, yeah, I sort of know that feel. Until the other day, I had seen all of like 4 Crusader-only Legendaries. But then Blade of Prophecy, Gyrfalcon's, Justinian, Helskull, etc. all in a row. My first Andariel's? INT. My second? INT. Set pieces? Barb. Monk. Good times, game. Good times.

On the bright side, I've had like 12+ 2800+ DPS Faithful Memories, 3-4 Baleful Remnants, Mortal Dramas, etc. to give to random people for babby Crusaders.

Wolfie5

This is where I'm at with my fire/pet build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Instro-1795/hero/13004455

Very heavy on +% fire damage for my toads because of Rhen Ho flayer, but its very beneficial for my Garg as well. I've been trying to re-reroll my SoJ to Crit damage but I havent been lucky so far.

If I had that weapon I would try with toads/fire as well. Is it any good? Looks very interesting. Not that happy with mine, would like to find something else. The proc on fetish is not that good on my weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom