• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
I've just come to accept that I don't even care for Block% on a Shield. If it's there and I still have the other stats I want, okay great. If it's not there but I can roll the shield decently still? I'll take it every time.

I'm pretty much always doing just T3/T4. Probably should do T5 instead at some point but eh.

Do you still prefer divine fortress to other mitigation/healing stats even with sub 20% block chance?

So, clan feed, 5 out of the last 6 looted legs: Archew's Gage. All within a minute or two.

I swear that's the most common set of gloves (and probably the least desired as well) in the game. I got around 5 in my quest for blood shard fueled magefists and it didn't even take me that long to get a decent magefist.

cdyhybrid

I HAAAAATEEEEEEE YYYYYOOOOOUUUUUUUU

Is this worth holding onto or should I just salvage it?

CDgzMqy.png

scy

Do you still prefer divine fortress to other mitigation/healing stats even with sub 20% block chance?

Right now, I've just subbed it out DF for Vigilant and haven't really noticed a difference. I use Holy Cause for Healing still and it feels better than Renewal but no hard testing.

But it's also just T3/T4 so eh.

I can solo kill most elites in T3 faster than the group members reach me so unless I gimp myself it's like I'm carrying everyone. :x

I can't tell if humble brag or calling the people you group with shitty.

Ingeniero

Hi.
So I found this nice sword, and I can't decide if I should replace my flail with it.
I use both skills: Bombardment and Condemn.
Thoughts?

LU3TqRd.png

scy

Hi.
So I found this nice sword, and I can't decide if I should replace my flail with it.
I use both skills: Bombardment and Condemn.
Thoughts?

The easy solution would be to not run Bombardment :x

I'd use the BoP and try to reroll it to comparable Holy Damage instead.

Totakeke

I can't tell if humble brag or calling the people you group with shitty.

Well, you can only kill elites so fast until it gets inefficient for a party of four to group up. Usually in random groups it's like 2 main dps while the other two becomes cleanup.

That's a sweet BoP

I've only tried changing the element on a couple weapons to holy but it was a maddening experience. Especially that high

Ingeniero

I already rerolled to get the socket.
Double Bombardment has been great so far. I will experiment with the BoP then.

Totakeke

I used a bombardment build in split bounties and it was fun I guess. :p

I can only really imagine running it using FotH Divine Well and AC Rally. Otherwise it never seems to do enough for a 60s cooldown especially with how random the extra meteor from mortal drama is. In that sense Annihilate is much better with mortal drama than impactful bombardment.

The Cowboy

Bit unsure on what to do with this, despite being a fire Wizard i am building up a collection of cold items (currently +50%) and i do have the source that allows Ray of Frost to pierce (also with +15% RoF damage), as such with this I'm not sure if it would be better to keep it as is and boost it for even more +life (via the gem slot), or use the gem slot for +life and roll the 15% +life for CHC.

Any Frosty Wizards with an opinion?.

Dahbomb

The Cowboy

Gutted i got such low rolls on the damage/main stat, i rolled cool down reduction to a socket and tried it out (as it gives me +50% elite damage bonus total), it hits quite a lot harder than my current weapon on elites, but quite a lot lower on trash. Not happy as i was hoping to get this weapon to go with my SoJ, but i was hoping for much better base damage on it.

Totakeke

I'd imagine a low-trash, high-elite, damage gear setup would be great for blessed shield builds. Keep those trash alive longer for the bounce.

Tarazet

So some time ago, I got a Shenlong's Fist of Legend. It rolled pretty well so I saved it in case I got Shenlong's Relentless Assault to complete the set. Today it dropped and rolled even better. Hadouken! And as if that wasn't good enough, I finally got some Strongarm Bracers.

I also crafted Aughild's shoulders and chest for use with my RoRG for the 3-piece. Together with great rerolls on my Eye of the Storm and Haunt of Vaxo, Torment 3 is now fairly trivial. It took a lot of tweaking to get to this point though. At one point I had over 1M sheet DPS, but it wasn't suitable for anything over Torment 1.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492

Something is up. I've found at least 8 legendary rings today. So many things I still want to get and the game is throwing useless ring after useless ring at me.

EDIT: Not 30 minutes later, another.

Wow, even just using Cluster Arrow(bombs) without the Cindercoat etc makes a huge different to my clearing rate of elites etc. I can only shoot it 5 times before I am out of Hatred but it is still a lot better then what I was doing.

MoonGred

Something is up. I've found at least 8 legendary rings today. So many things I still want to get and the game is throwing useless ring after useless ring at me.

The same thing happened to me, most of them were crap, apart from Julia's amulet (or whatever that arcane immunity amulet ia called). Now I'm on a massive dry streak, nothing is dropping at all.
Kadala can fuck off, +- 1200 shards and not one leg glove.
I think I might put my WD away for a day or 2 and level a DH. People seem to be really enjoying those by the looks of it.
Is it weird of me to not want to level a character because I might use RNG luck that is needed elsewhere?
Like that time I got RROG at lvl 59 =(

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Wow, even just using Cluster Arrow(bombs) without the Cindercoat etc makes a huge different to my clearing rate of elites etc. I can only shoot it 5 times before I am out of Hatred but it is still a lot better then what I was doing.

Yeah cluster arrow is nuts, mine does like 14m crits with only +35% to cluster arrow (boots + quiver + hat) and +40% fire damage (wrists and gloves).

I can't even begin to imagine how out of control it gets with a perfectly min maxed set.

Yeah today has been weird, all I've found is shitty ammys and rings and two nats hand xbows. But literally I opened a chest and a lego ring and ammy popped out, 2 rifts later the same thing happened.

I can't even begin to imagine how out of control it gets with a perfectly min maxed set.

22 - 28 million CAs here, and my stuff is far from ideal.

My wishlist is currently...

Nats Slayer
Nats Ring
Calamity
Kridershot
Witching Hour
Any decent amulet (mine sucks)
Marauder Boots

Better magefists
Better marauder pants
Better RoRG

I wonder how long I'll put up with not finding them before I switch back to wizard

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Mumei

I got my first Ring of Royal Grandeur. Unfortunately it's not the most amazing rolls but still. It originally had Life on Hit, so I rerolled for +CD and got +43% on my first roll. I'm poor, so I decided to take it (and it was a pretty big boost for me even without both crit chance and crit damage!):

F6WeWcW.png

... Now if only I had a set to use it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom