• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hmm I'll play around with it some tonight. I should probably find some way to increase my essence regeneration, e.g., use devour.

Is the furnace even worth using now?

There are class-specific weapons that are better due to its specific power. For cube you can probably use it for speed runs. But then, in-geom normally uses that slot.

It is still a desired cube power for some builds when pushing. A lot of classes/builds don't really have a lot of good weapon options so a solid generic boost like the Furnace works.

EDIT - Season solo leaderboards.

Barbs - low to mid 90's
Monks - mid 90's
Crusaders - high 90's low 100's
WDs - low 100's
DHs - mid 90's
Wizards - mid 100's
Necros - low 110's

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got my first Witching Hour drop!

Not a great roll, but it's something. I can use the Reforge Legendary recipe to try for better stats, right? And it COULD be Ancient or Primal at that point, yes? Still need to clear GR70, but still.

Speaking of that, GR67 is my wall. My first run was soooo close. Rift Guardian spawned with 45 seconds to clear. Hopefully my next run is more successful.

E: Necros man...Did they overtune them or are so many people playing them right now that the thirst is creating some crazy powerful/unique builds?

Actually the numbers I posted are a bit outdated. Everyone is about 5 levels higher now. Necros seem to be about 4ish GRs better than Wizards who were the previous solo darlings. Top Necro is 115 atm.

I think the Necro is doing well due to that damage ring and the ease of gearing for elite killing.

EDIT - And those weapon skill damage bonuses.

Dunfisch

97 down! I ditched my Impale DH for the same Rathma Mage build we've got running in this setup, and with another we had 3 Rathma's and one Monk Support. Now we didn't manage 97 before with the Impale build, so clearly it was a step in the right direction.

Now I gotta farm up all ancient gear variants and up a shitload of augments :/ . Gonna need more keys... regular rifting incoming.

Prelude.

What's a good difficulty for someone that never played a Diablo before?
I was playing on normal until I got out the spider cave in Act I, then switched to Hard and now I'm about to enter the goatmen village after clearing the dungeons of that area and getting the Khazra staff from the caravan, but I feel like nothing changed.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
What's a good difficulty for someone that never played a Diablo before?
I was playing on normal until I got out the spider cave in Act I, then switched to Hard and now I'm about to enter the goatmen village after clearing the dungeons of that area and getting the Khazra staff from the caravan, but I feel like nothing changed.

Hard or expert seems like a good idea if you're a complete noobie. Higher than that becomes less efficient and more risky, unless you're playing with other people.

Do you wanna join the GAF clan? Are you playing on EU or US?

Man, getting back into console D3 after a long absence is quite the thing. We have seasons now? Crazyness.

Picked up the necro, but still trying to get a feel for it. Interesting class, but very different from what i remember of D2's.

Ayumi

Did 82 with Rathma w/o an Ancient weapon and no augs. Probably need to start auging though, I wanna hit the 90s before the season end, but not sure I wanna bother farming all the gem leveling. Almost done with Guardian though, might retire then.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Did 82 with Rathma w/o an Ancient weapon and no augs. Probably need to start auging though, I wanna hit the 90s before the season end, but not sure I wanna bother farming all the gem leveling. Almost done with Guardian though, might retire then.

An ancient weapon will get you to GR90. I gained 7 levels (from GR85 to GR92) just by going from a 2.5k dps jesseth scythe to a 3.0k one.

Ayumi

An ancient weapon will get you to GR90. I gained 7 levels (from GR85 to GR92) just by going from a 2.5k dps jesseth scythe to a 3.0k one.

Cool, I'll have to farm for the last Guardian objectives anyway, hopefully I get enough mats to upgrade.

Here's my Rathma Necro btw, any help/tips is appreciated!
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sophie-22501/hero/92581046

I'm a bit lost on what I wanna do with my rings. Pledge should be fine (I can't get a good enough Haunted Visions. Also, should I replace my Compass Rose with a CoE? I'm using what I'm using now because they have better rolls than the alternative in my stash.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Cool, I'll have to farm for the last Guardian objectives anyway, hopefully I get enough mats to upgrade.

Here's my Rathma Necro btw, any help/tips is appreciated!
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sophie-22501/hero/92581046

I'm a bit lost on what I wanna do with my rings. Pledge should be fine (I can't get a good enough Haunted Visions. Also, should I replace my Compass Rose with a CoE? I'm using what I'm using now because they have better rolls than the alternative in my stash.

Okay, first things first, this might be a matter of personal preference, but to me, the Rathma build doesn't lend itself well to survivability. You're always gonna be squishy, especially once you get into GR85+, so there's not much point in using Dayntee's Binding and Decrepify. And Decrepify is just one more skill to manage. Your ability to survive will depend on your ability to kill things fast (i.e. dps) and to hide behind your mages (i.e. positioning). Case in point : I cleared GR96 with 24 mil toughness, which is only marginally higher than your toughness. And I've got 777k base HP, which is 150k less than you. Embrace the squishiness. You'll seldom clear a high-level GR without dying at least once or twice with a Rathma necro, but the point is: you'll be clearing high-level GRs.

So I'd replace Dayntee's with Witching Hour and Decrepify with Simulacrum - Reservoir for the huge bonus in DPS. I mean, you're using Singularity mages, Reilena's and Overwhelming Essence, so you might as well get the full benefit from those. Simulacrum/Reservoir alone will allow you to melt elites like you're playing on Torment XI or something.

Onto your jewelry:

Your traveler's pledge is decent (better than mine in fact), but reroll that int to +20% physical damage. It will give you a nice dps boost since the vast majority of your damage comes from your mages. Your Nailuj is good, no problem there. Your compass rose is decent for a compass rose. Scratch that: it's great, provided you reroll the +dmg to crit chance. +dmg isn't actually that desirable of a stat, unless the alternative is life regen or something.

Krysbin's is kinda hard to roll well, much like compass rose. If your Krysbin's is much better, you could rock a Haunted Visions + Krysbin's and cube CoE (or cube Krysbin's and CoE if your CoE is better). FYI, most high GR Rathma builds favor the Endless Walk set over Haunted Visions, but you can certainly make it work if your HV is better (which doesn't seem to be the case).

So, tl;dr: keep the Endless Walk set and cube Krysbin's (unless it's much better than your Compass). Don't bother with CoE unless you're gonna use a great Haunted Visions instead of a crappy Traveler's. But your Endless Walk is pretty good, and will be even better once you reroll the int to phys% on the Traveler's, and the dmg to crit% on the Compass.

Also, level your Bane of the Trapped and your Zei's. 50-60 is a tad too low.

Lastly, reroll the armor on your boots to +15% skeletal damage. That will be another big boost in dps. Yes, you'll lose a bit of armor, but again: that comes with the build. As a sidenote, if you've got the choice between armor and all res as an int class: always choose armor. Your all res will increase as you increase your int anyway. And you can get single res as a secondary for any piece that doesn't have all res as a primary. The only thing I'm not too sure about is whether you should keep crit% on your helm or replace it with +15% mage damage. I've gone with the latter personally, might be more beneficial. Ideally you'd want both and get rid of the vit, but you've already enchanted your helm.

Once you've done all that, start grinding gem upgrades so you can augment your ancient items. I'd start with pieces that you're unlikely to find an upgrade for any time soon, if ever. I'd start with the boots or the nailuj.

Prelude.

Hard or expert seems like a good idea if you're a complete noobie. Higher than that becomes less efficient and more risky, unless you're playing with other people.
I play HotS, does that count as experience? lul
Maybe I'll try expert, then. I should be underleveled, right? If I played until now with normal exp I should be behind if I switch to a bonux exp difficulty, I think.

Do you wanna join the GAF clan? Are you playing on EU or US?
EU, but I don't think I'm gonna touch the mp for a while. So maybe I'll join the gaf community for now.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Great post, Kilrogg. I'm just a newbie necro and there's lots of great info there.

You're welcome. If you're playing on the EU server and you want to join the GAF clan, just send me your battletag and I can send you an invite (that you then need to confirm manually).

I play HotS, does that count as experience? lul
Maybe I'll try expert, then. I should be underleveled, right? If I played until now with normal exp I should be behind if I switch to a bonux exp difficulty, I think.

I'm getting the impression that there's a misunderstanding: changing the difficulty doesn't technically change the level of the enemies, as their level scales automatically with the level of your character, even within a session. So you'll always be facing lvl 20 enemies if you're lvl 20, lvl 50 enemies if you're 50, etc., no matter which difficulty you choose. However, changing the difficulty will make them do more damage and will give them more HP. Also, elite packs (i.e. blue and yellow enemies who are stronger than normal enemies) will have more affixes the higher you go in difficulty (up to 4 affixes). Affixes are special attributes that these packs get. For instance, if a pack of elites has the "Shielding" affix, one member of the pack will periodically get a shield that renders them invulnerable for a few seconds.

In other words, increasing the difficulty will make you take more damage, will make monsters die slower, and will make elite encounters potentially more difficult.

The upside of course is that you get more experience, more gold, and more/better loot. From Torment 1 difficulty and higher you can even get loot that's inaccessible in lower difficulties.

So there no such thing as being "underleveled", as you put it. You're always on par with the enemies technically. But you'll likely be undergeared. The name of the game is randomized loot, so unless you get really good gear (e.g. multiple legendaries with desirable effects) or you're playing with other players, chances are you won't be able to tackle anything beyond Expert or Master difficulty on your own... Until you reach lvl 70, that is; that's where the real fun begins and you can start looking for great loot!

For you specifically, since you're leveling on your own and you're new to the game, I wouldn't try to go beyond Expert, unless you're finding it too easy. In that case, go for Master, but I doubt it'll be much fun for you, as the game starts to slow down quite a bit.

EU, but I don't think I'm gonna touch the mp for a while. So maybe I'll join the gaf community for now.

Why is that, if you don't mind my asking?

Prelude.

I see, that makes sense. It's just that I still have to use a single potion and I'm deleting normal enemies so quickly, so maybe I'll try expert and see if it takes too long to go trough them.
Since I started playing on the starter edition, I first tried raising the difficulty on the demon hunter, which was a new character, and it felt like a slog, but I was probably just undergeared since I was speedrunning it to try out the classes. Now that I'm back to my "main" class, the wizard, hard feels pretty much the same as normal.

Why is that, if you don't mind my asking?
I like to experience this kind of games on my own on my first run.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I see, that makes sense. It's just that I still have to use a single potion and I'm deleting normal enemies so quickly, so maybe I'll try expert and see if it takes too long to go trough them.

A single potion? You can only have one potion in the game. It's an infinite potion, but it's got a cooldown between each use. You can eventually find legendary potions that give you (minor) bonuses when you use them, but even they simply replace your normal potion.

Since I started playing on the starter edition, I first tried raising the difficulty on the demon hunter, which was a new character, and it felt like a slog, but I was probably just undergeared since I was speedrunning it to try out the classes. Now that I'm back to my "main" class, the wizard, hard feels pretty much the same as normal.

The trick is to put the game on a slightly higher difficulty, then lower until it's just right. You can't raise the difficulty within a session, but you can lower it. Just press Escape and there's the option on the right.

I like to experience this kind of games on my own on my first run.

Fair enough! A word of warning though: the story/writing of the game isn't... unanimously well received, shall we say. To most people, the real meat of the game is the adventure mode. Just something to remember if you find the game disappointing on that front: it gets much better once you're max level.

Ayumi

Okay, first things first, this might be a matter of personal preference, but to me, the Rathma build doesn't lend itself well to survivability. You're always gonna be squishy, especially once you get into GR85+, so there's not much point in using Dayntee's Binding and Decrepify. And Decrepify is just one more skill to manage. Your ability to survive will depend on your ability to kill things fast (i.e. dps) and to hide behind your mages (i.e. positioning). Case in point : I cleared GR96 with 24 mil toughness, which is only marginally higher than your toughness. And I've got 777k base HP, which is 150k less than you. Embrace the squishiness. You'll seldom clear a high-level GR without dying at least once or twice with a Rathma necro, but the point is: you'll be clearing high-level GRs.

So I'd replace Dayntee's with Witching Hour and Decrepify with Simulacrum - Reservoir for the huge bonus in DPS. I mean, you're using Singularity mages, Reilena's and Overwhelming Essence, so you might as well get the full benefit from those. Simulacrum/Reservoir alone will allow you to melt elites like you're playing on Torment XI or something.

Onto your jewelry:

Your traveler's pledge is decent (better than mine in fact), but reroll that int to +20% physical damage. It will give you a nice dps boost since the vast majority of your damage comes from your mages. Your Nailuj is good, no problem there. Your compass rose is decent for a compass rose. Scratch that: it's great, provided you reroll the +dmg to crit chance. +dmg isn't actually that desirable of a stat, unless the alternative is life regen or something.

Krysbin's is kinda hard to roll well, much like compass rose. If your Krysbin's is much better, you could rock a Haunted Visions + Krysbin's and cube CoE (or cube Krysbin's and CoE if your CoE is better). FYI, most high GR Rathma builds favor the Endless Walk set over Haunted Visions, but you can certainly make it work if your HV is better (which doesn't seem to be the case).

So, tl;dr: keep the Endless Walk set and cube Krysbin's (unless it's much better than your Compass). Don't bother with CoE unless you're gonna use a great Haunted Visions instead of a crappy Traveler's. But your Endless Walk is pretty good, and will be even better once you reroll the int to phys% on the Traveler's, and the dmg to crit% on the Compass.

Also, level your Bane of the Trapped and your Zei's. 50-60 is a tad too low.

Lastly, reroll the armor on your boots to +15% skeletal damage. That will be another big boost in dps. Yes, you'll lose a bit of armor, but again: that comes with the build. As a sidenote, if you've got the choice between armor and all res as an int class: always choose armor. Your all res will increase as you increase your int anyway. And you can get single res as a secondary for any piece that doesn't have all res as a primary. The only thing I'm not too sure about is whether you should keep crit% on your helm or replace it with +15% mage damage. I've gone with the latter personally, might be more beneficial. Ideally you'd want both and get rid of the vit, but you've already enchanted your helm.

Once you've done all that, start grinding gem upgrades so you can augment your ancient items. I'd start with pieces that you're unlikely to find an upgrade for any time soon, if ever. I'd start with the boots or the nailuj.

Ahh, this is all very helpful, thank you! I'm gonna double-check my gear in-game again and maybe ask you some more questions. Btw I know my gems are low, working on upgrading them (to complete Guardian at least), then focus on auging before going higher on the geared gems. I must've switched Rose recently because I didn't realize it wasn't enchanted!

Good suggestions - I don't die that fast but I don't output enough damage, so I should definitely sacrifice some toughness to get more damage.

Prelude.

A single potion? You can only have one potion in the game. It's an infinite potion, but it's got a cooldown between each use. You can eventually find legendary potions that give you (minor) bonuses when you use them, but even they simply replace your normal potion.
No, I mean, I never healed even once, I never pressed that key, I'm always full. I'm ranged, but still.

The trick is to put the game on a slightly higher difficulty, then lower until it's just right. You can't raise the difficulty within a session, but you can lower it. Just press Escape and there's the option on the right.
What do you mean I can't? It doesn't change until I start a new session or I actually can't? Because I switched from normal to hard while I was playing.

Fair enough! A word of warning though: the story/writing of the game isn't... unanimously well received, shall we say. To most people, the real meat of the game is the adventure mode. Just something to remember if you find the game disappointing on that front: it gets much better once you're max level.
That's fine, I didn't grow up playing Diablo 2 so I don't have any nostalgia-distorted view of how amazing the story used to be compared to now, so I don't think I can't be that disappointed. I watched the story of the first two games on youtube for context and it's not like I was particularly impressed either.

RS4-

Get a primal Compass Rose. Doesn't roll CC or CHD.

Amazing :( turns out to only be a 3% upgrade to my normal CR lol.

GR68 is my fucking bane right now. I just want to clear a 70. Anyone want to help guide me towards an upgrade or two that will help me do this?

Character page!

The amulet does nothing with F&R. Try a Hellfire. Your gems can be leveled up a lot.

If you are struggling with the RG drop Powerful for Stricken. If you need Tougness drop F&R for the Compass Rose and the Elusive ring.

kennah

No, I mean, I never healed even once, I never pressed that key, I'm always full. I'm ranged, but still.

What do you mean I can't? It doesn't change until I start a new session or I actually can't? Because I switched from normal to hard while I was playing.

That's fine, I didn't grow up playing Diablo 2 so I don't have any nostalgia-distorted view of how amazing the story used to be compared to now, so I don't think I can't be that disappointed. I watched the story of the first two games on youtube for context and it's not like I was particularly impressed either.

I think you can go from Normal to Hard and maybe even one more, but past that you can't.

He means that, once you're actually playing, you only can go one difficulty level up or down from the one you started the session with. If you want to increase (or decrease) the difficulty level further, you have to go back to the main menu.

I'm actually not sure when the newly selected difficulty level kicks in. I remember reading somewhere that Rifts, at least, are optimized for your level when you start one and stay that way for the entirety of the Rift, even if you happen to gain a bunch of level while inside one.

commish

GR70 and first primal today! And it's Jesseth Skullshield! And it's terrible skill selection. :p can't complain too much.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Ahh, this is all very helpful, thank you! I'm gonna double-check my gear in-game again and maybe ask you some more questions. Btw I know my gems are low, working on upgrading them (to complete Guardian at least), then focus on auging before going higher on the geared gems. I must've switched Rose recently because I didn't realize it wasn't enchanted!

Good suggestions - I don't die that fast but I don't output enough damage, so I should definitely sacrifice some toughness to get more damage.

Are you playing on the EU server? We've been having a blast playing in groups in the EU GAF clan over the past couple weeks, but we could use more active members. Feel free to send me your battletag if you want me to send you an invite to the clan.

We do GRs (for gem-leveling and pushing) and rifts pretty much every evening.

Zertez

I'm actually not sure when the newly selected difficulty level kicks in. I remember reading somewhere that Rifts, at least, are optimized for your level when you start one and stay that way for the entirety of the Rift, even if you happen to gain a bunch of level while inside one.
Difficulty for NR are constantly changing based on your level and difficulty setting. It is very noticeable on a new character using a Gem of Ease. T6 above and above 1-45 happens in seconds and the game catches up quick. I haven't tested it a lot, but it seems like a percentage based on character level and difficulty setting and it is applied when a skill hits the enemy for the first time.

Ayumi

Are you playing on the EU server? We've been having a blast playing in groups in the EU GAF clan over the past couple weeks, but we could use more active members. Feel free to send me your battletag if you want me to send you an invite to the clan.

We do GRs (for gem-leveling and pushing) and rifts pretty much every evening.

Nah, I'm on NA. ;w;

Btw my Compass Rose and my Pledge was already rolled. I guess it just doesn't show in the armory for stat -> socket on jewerly for some reason. Also I already have/use the Krysbin in the cube. So I'll just try to get better items of what I already have now + level up my gems. Gonna use my shards to see if I can get a Witching Hour.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
HORRORSHØW;245733416 said:
hit wall at 92. what should i be looking to upgrade next? i'm thinking helm with CC and 15% mage or better boots and aug those.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HORRORSHØW-1143/hero/92092221

Your sheet dps and toughness are roughly on par to mine at the time I hit 96. In fact, your DPS is higher. So the wall is probably either that you're not fully accustomed to the playstyle and/or that you're having bad luck with the rifts.

But to your question: not much you can improve on your gear, since most of it is already enchanted. I find it interesting that you put chance to chill on your shoulders. I tend to favor pickup radius when I can, so I don't have to go out of my way to pick up globes.

Augment your chest, craft ancient Reaper's Wrath (easiest piece to upgrade, since one bounty run of Acts II and III lets you craft 16 Reaper's) and augment those, look for a better ancient helm (crit% + skeletal mage), maybe upgrade your boots before augmenting them, and generally try to find ancient versions of anything that's still non-ancient. Your augments should be lvl 90+ from now on at least.

Nah, I'm on NA. ;w;

Btw my Compass Rose and my Pledge was already rolled. I guess it just doesn't show in the armory for stat -> socket on jewerly for some reason. Also I already have/use the Krysbin in the cube. So I'll just try to get better items of what I already have now + level up my gems. Gonna use my shards to see if I can get a Witching Hour.

Yeah, it seems that socket rerolls don't show.
Too bad you can't join us! Have fun anyway.

Forward

Your sheet dps and toughness are roughly on par to mine at the time I hit 96. In fact, your DPS is higher. So the wall is probably either that you're not fully accustomed to the playstyle and/or that you're having bad luck with the rifts.

But to your question: not much you can improve on your gear, since most of it is already enchanted. I find it interesting that you put chance to chill on your shoulders. I tend to favor pickup radius when I can, so I don't have to go out of my way to pick up globes.

Augment your chest, craft ancient Reaper's Wrath (easiest piece to upgrade, since one bounty run of Acts II and III lets you craft 16 Reaper's) and augment those, look for a better ancient helm (crit% + skeletal mage), maybe upgrade your boots before augmenting them, and generally try to find ancient versions of anything that's still non-ancient. Your augments should be lvl 90+ from now on at least.

Yeah, it seems that socket rerolls don't show.
Too bad you can't join us! Have fun anyway.

Daaaamn.

My WD barely breaks the 1 Billion mark, still. :/

Dalek

It doesn't work in this way for the EU GAF clan, that's only possible when you have the setting "Looking for Members" active, in which case people can ask to be invited by their own volition. Given that the official EU clan doesn't operate on that basis, I presume you're either trying to get into the US side or found a knock-off :p . If it's EU you want, I'll need the full Battletag and I'll throw you an invite.

No, as just expanded upon, the EU clan only works on an invite-basis. I've sent you one, but you'll have to confirm it on your end, people seem to overlook that pretty often.

Sorry I'm in the NA. my full Battletag is IAMGROOT#1686

Fuck (in no particular order):

- Mass tongue lashers
- Mass spear-chuckers
- Mass Tusk dudes
- Juggernauts

fuck em. the first 2 are just insta-gg in GRs. the 3rd are just bullshit gear/class checks when 2 charge you at the same time.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Wow that's amazing.

I'm like 11k without a Witching Hour...feelsbad.

Try gambling for something as simple as ancient set shoulders for 2 weeks straight and only getting like 2 ancients that are crap. Meanwhile you got good ancient versions of every other set shoulders BUT the ones you want. I did get them in the end, but still.

Try gambling for something as simple as ancient set shoulders for 2 weeks straight and only getting like 2 ancients that are crap. Meanwhile you got good ancient versions of every other set shoulders BUT the ones you want. I did get them in the end, but still.

That sucks dude. I have the worst luck with rng so I feel your pain.

Ayumi

I know... this a horrible thought. But imagine if they brought back the AH (for in-game currency only), and let us buy/sell mats, gems and consumables (Rama, potions etc). I don't want it in the game, but.. thinking the thought is interesting.

We definitely do need more efficient ways to get DBs though. I wish legs would give a DB or two on top of the souls. That would've been really helpful, but yet not overkill. Or less us convert veiled crystals or some shit. It's not like people would abandon normal rifts because we still need them for keys and PL etc.

KiKaL

This is my first character where I have finished the seasonal task and I am now not sure what to do.

My character: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KiKaL-1394/hero/92154061

I know I should be trying to get Jesseth Skullscythe and Shield. I heard the best way to get the Skullscythe is to try and upgrade a Scythe in the horadic cube. Is that right? So I know getting Death Breaths is important to do that. What else can I do to improve my gear? I hear about re-rolling items but honestly, don't know exactly what stats to reroll. I imagine I just do that at the mystic.

commish

This is my first character where I have finished the seasonal task and I am now not sure what to do.

My character: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KiKaL-1394/hero/92154061

I know I should be trying to get Jesseth Skullscythe and Shield. I heard the best way to get the Skullscythe is to try and upgrade a Scythe in the horadic cube. Is that right? So I know getting Death Breaths is important to do that. What else can I do to improve my gear? I hear about re-rolling items but honestly, don't know exactly what stats to reroll. I imagine I just do that at the mystic.

Grats!

Last week, I was exactly where you are. You need to keep doing rifts/greater rifts to improve your gear and, equally as important, start getting and improving your legendary gems which add a ton of power. You can definitely work towards the Jesseth set - it's pretty awesome. For the weapon, you should do as you said - upgrade rare items. You'll get a Jesseth before too long, there are only so many scythes. For the shield, just hope RNG gives you some love on your drops. Keep in mind that there are other great Necro weapons/offhands, so don't get too hung up on the Jesseth.

You should gamble your shards on a glove to get a Tasker and Theo. It's a huge boost.

You already have a Nailuj, so that's awesome. You'll use that forever. You should try to get the matching ring for the Traveler set. It's a huge boost and a lot of people at the top still use it.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I know... this a horrible thought. But imagine if they brought back the AH (for in-game currency only), and let us buy/sell mats, gems and consumables (Rama, potions etc). I don't want it in the game, but.. thinking the thought is interesting.

Nah, I'm kind of on board with this honestly. It was always my thinking that the AH itself wasn't really the problem, but how it worked in conjunction with the terrible looting system to make itself mandatory if you wanted to make progress. A limited AH where self-found loot is still good (basically, what it is now) would be innocuous at worst. But Blizzard had to remove the AH (and especially the RMAH) as a symbolic signal to everyone that they were making amends. I get why they did it strategically.

We definitely do need more efficient ways to get DBs though. I wish legs would give a DB or two on top of the souls. That would've been really helpful, but yet not overkill. Or less us convert veiled crystals or some shit. It's not like people would abandon normal rifts because we still need them for keys and PL etc.

Are DBs a problem for you? I find that speedfarming T13 rifts (3 DBs per elite pack) and gob vaults were a quick way to get those. Gob vaults can spawn odious collectors for mats, and especially blue gobs which shower you in loot, especially DBs.

Top Bottom