• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Cipherr

Wow a third banwave apparently happened. Tons more people gone from leaderboards. Something called Turboud and apparently Razr macros (Im guessing Razr PC equipment/software) people got banned this time.

Damn they aren't bullshitting. Purging everyone before season ends.

Edit: So many bans Dreams is back on the Leaderboards in the top 1k brehs
0ooIi0z.png

He hasn't pushed/played in weeks and is still moving up like George and Weezy . I wish so many would get banned that a 75 clear had a chance, but theres not enough cheaters for that, lol.

Cipherr

Do you get anything for ranking in the season or something? Why would people cheat?

You dont get anything except the name immortalized on the online lists for the seasons that can be viewed by people later.

Botting however gives some big ass advantages, They dont have to spent mind numbing time doing split bounties for mats to reroll for good ancients, they have plenty of GR keystones to burn through looking for optimal rifts because they probably collect them with bots, and some of the cheats do stuff like show you unexplored parts of the map and other data that gives you unfair advantages. That and Paragon absolutely adds far too much power IMO if its farmed to ultra high levels passed 800. The mass amount of main stat you can get is a bit out of hand.

As for the Razr/Keyboard/Mice macros, I kinda feel sorry for those guys, they were apparently using these autofire mice and keyboards to prevent them from having to spam some skills while playing (which I will admit is annoying as all fuck). Truthfully some skills should be toggle-able to autocast if you choose within the games UI. But oh well.

Baliis

Wow a third banwave apparently happened. Tons more people gone from leaderboards. Something called Turboud and apparently Razr macros (Im guessing Razr PC equipment/software) people got banned this time.

0ooIi0z.png

He hasn't pushed/played in weeks and is still moving up like George and Weezy . I wish so many would get banned that a 75 clear had a chance, but theres not enough cheaters for that, lol.

Lmao, am I back on the sader boards anywhere?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
As for the Razr/Keyboard/Mice macros, I kinda feel sorry for those guys, they were apparently using these autofire mice and keyboards to prevent them from having to spam some skills while playing (which I will admit is annoying as all fuck). Truthfully some skills should be toggle-able to autocast if you choose within the games UI. But oh well.

Still good here. I'd be surprised if it was actually for macroing instead of people getting banned for HUD and claiming it was something else. It's come up a few times and the general impression was "as long as you can't get up and walk away and it keeps going, you're good".

Similar thing happened before with some Linux users saying it was for Linux when they were actually using Linux as the host for a bot via VM, etc.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
wow, i wouldnt have even thought Razr macros would be bannable.

is the num lock trick actually bannable?

Baliis

You dont get anything except the name immortalized on the online lists for the seasons that can be viewed by people later.

Botting however gives some big ass advantages, They dont have to spent mind numbing time doing split bounties for mats to reroll for good ancients, they have plenty of GR keystones to burn through looking for optimal rifts because they probably collect them with bots, and some of the cheats do stuff like show you unexplored parts of the map and other data that gives you unfair advantages. That and Paragon absolutely adds far too much power IMO if its farmed to ultra high levels passed 800. The mass amount of main stat you can get is a bit out of hand.

Were people really banned for keyboard/mice? I auto cast everything with my keyboard lol

I logged in today to see if I banned but I wasn't.

I've tried some of the stuff out there, from googlemaps to rosbot to numlock trick out of curiosity and not extensively.

Cipherr

wow, i wouldnt have even thought Razr macros would be bannable.

is the num lock trick actually bannable?

No clue, maybe people are lying about the keyboard and mice thing. I dont think the numlock thing can be bannable because it all happens in client which according to their tos is fine. Their posts on the boards also always mention 3rd party software only and that anything in client is fine.

Numlock trick would be awesome if it didnt make me have to reconfigure force move. I cant play with it as mousewheel after a year or more of using it as CTRL lol.

Ha, congrats. Mine was just hitting 1 month when this season started back in January. Definitely puts a damper on things.
(MMO mouse + macroing the hell out of everything helped for plodding along with one hand while holding the baby)

Realistically, the power curve ramps up really early now, especially with the easy-to-get 6 piece set for the first season character, so you can make a good showing just putting in a few hours here and there.

Weekends I could find some time. Its the weekdays that suck. I used to play between 10-12. I could get home from work, have dinner with the wife, watch some TV with her and then go play before sleeping. Now I get home, help with the baby while she cooks, watch some TV and pass the fuck out by 10 haha.

If the season after starts in June or July I'll be back on a better schedule.

Thanks BTW. And congrats to you to, man.

I was at like 77 or 78 I think for Wizard?

If I put in some more time now I could probably get back on the leaderboard, lol. Though a lot of that could easily be grinding paragon or sinking gems into attributes.

Cipherr

I gave 77 a shot today, got to the RG three separate times only to get the same RG each time. I had over 4 minutes on each attempt but that RG 1 shots me and has no adds so.... I kept missing timer by seconds. I think Ill hang it up at GR 75. I just don't care enough to fish for good rifts.

Thats where it moves from enjoying myself to frustration. I literally shouted at my monitor when that fucker spawned on my third consecutive RG
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Unbelievable bad luck.

Its not worth it. Ill probably still maintain a top 10 spot in the GAF guild and that's plenty for me. Melted all my non used items down so mailing to the softcore side will be light and called it a season.

MrDaravon

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I never got around to getting far enough in the Journeys to unlock the additional stash tab since I got cockblocked by the Set Dungeons. Might have to hop back on tonight or tomorrow before the Season ends and try to do that maybe? I only really play one class generally so the extra tab is nice but kinda whatever. Totally missed the season ending announcement as I was in a FF Record Keeper orbfest vortex for like 10 days. Hmm.

Cipherr

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I never got around to getting far enough in the Journeys to unlock the additional stash tab since I got cockblocked by the Set Dungeons. Might have to hop back on tonight or tomorrow before the Season ends and try to do that maybe? I only really play one class generally so the extra tab is nice but kinda whatever. Totally missed the season ending announcement as I was in a FF Record Keeper orbfest vortex for like 10 days. Hmm.

You have until mid day friday. Id go for it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

if you work hard at it you can unlock it by Friday

MrDaravon

You have until mid day friday. Id go for it.

if you work hard at it you can unlock it by Friday

I think I'm like para 650ish or something, completing a Set Dungeon was the only thing I was missing on my current journey level, and god knows I've probably completed most/all of any requirements on later steps as well. I'll have to log in and check things out. Might get drunk, find a twitch stream to put on in the background and do that tonight actually. Today, tomorrow and Thursday are the only real free days I have this week before season ends.

Celegus

I think I'm like para 650ish or something, completing a Set Dungeon was the only thing I was missing on my current journey level, and god knows I've probably completed most/all of any requirements on later steps as well. I'll have to log in and check things out. Might get drunk, find a twitch stream to put on in the background and do that tonight actually. Today, tomorrow and Thursday are the only real free days I have this week before season ends.

Crack out Natalya's set dungeon, it's stupid easy.

MrDaravon

Crack out Natalya's set dungeon, it's stupid easy.

Yeah wound up doing this. I already had everything but 1 Conquest done on the next journey which is where I'm stuck at now. I'm guessing Avarice and The Thrill are the easiest, but not getting much of anywhere on the Thrill right now, and in ~100 hours this season Avarice never happened naturally. If I can get Thrill done I guess I'll just do t10 rifts with some gold find/gear on, but I need two Conquests to complete the journey that gives the stash tab.

Would like to re-iterate my bitching from ~2 months ago on how incredibly fucking stupid it is to lock an additional stash tab which the entire playerbase has been bitching (rightly) about for over 2 years behind a ~7th Season Conquest. I don't even really need the thing, but it's so fucking dumb they've locked it behind ANY kind of wall considering how bad most of the playerbase has needed it for years.

Cipherr

Yeah wound up doing this. I already had everything but 1 Conquest done on the next journey which is where I'm stuck at now. I'm guessing Avarice and The Thrill are the easiest, but not getting much of anywhere on the Thrill right now, and in ~100 hours this season Avarice never happened naturally. If I can get Thrill done I guess I'll just do t10 rifts with some gold find/gear on, but I need two Conquests to complete the journey that gives the stash tab.

Would like to re-iterate my bitching from ~2 months ago on how incredibly fucking stupid it is to lock an additional stash tab which the entire playerbase has been bitching (rightly) about for over 2 years behind a ~7th Season Conquest. I don't even really need the thing, but it's so fucking dumb they've locked it behind ANY kind of wall considering how bad most of the playerbase has needed it for years.

They also mentioned in a blue post that there's a cap on additional tabs. I think you can only have 10 total, then after that the UI isn't built to allow you to accept more.

in a loot based ARPG...... I mean. Jesus fucking christ.

"Lets release a game that's all about gear and drops and items, but make sure to severely limit the storage space for the player!"

One of my favorite developers, but holy SHIT do they have some annoying blind spots.

Xanathus

It sounds like Wizards are still the top DPS class in 2.4.1, kinda disappointed at that since I wanted to roll a DH next season but it looks like DHs don't really offer much into a group comp.

Corsick

Just came back to the game with my monk and am doing rifts and gifts around t2 and t5. Besides that and upgrading Rares is there a better way to farm assuming you're doing the highest difficulty possible for your current gear? Deaths breaths are hard to come by at the moment.

Cipherr

So what's the recommended class for soloing in Season 6?

I was thinking about WD this time around but not so sure now

Wiz are still probably going to be best dps and still good solo, plus their TX farming build just gained a lot of strength. And AFAIK they are still the only class who can wear 2 pc cains (extra deaths breaths drops) alongside wearing their TX farm set (explosive blast/Ingeom) for better farming than .... well everyone.

I'm going Demon Hunter though. Don't want to play the same class two seasons in a row. Suuuuuper boring.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hmm, need the Avarice conquest and like 4 GRs worth of gem levels to get that stash tab. Should be able to make it in time for Friday.

Celegus

Anyone know of a good build to do the Thrill conquest on wizard? Forgot my wife never did a second conquest this season before I corrupted her into Heroes of the Storm as well.

Updawgs

Anyone know of a good build to do the Thrill conquest on wizard? Forgot my wife never did a second conquest this season before I corrupted her into Heroes of the Storm as well.

I completed Thrill tonight with a DMO build, ~1.05 mill DPS with 5 minutes left

Weapon: Unstable Scepter / Triumvirate
Helm: Leoric's Crown + Vit gem
Bracer: Ancient Parthan Defender
Ring: CoE / Unity

Cube: Orb Infinite Depth / Aquila Curass / Halo Ring

Firemind

I did it with Disintegrate + Etched Sigil. Meteor, Nilfur's Boast, Black Hole, Strongarm Bracers, Mantle of Channeling, CoE and anything with +Fire% like Magefist and Cindercoat. Either Deathwish, Orb of Infinite Depth or Etched Sigil in the cube. Ancient weapon really helps. Was pretty sketchy still as I didn't really have a lot of time left in the end, but I was playing HC so I made it extra tanky. I got a really bad rift to be fair.

Celegus

She should have all that stuff, wasn't sure if arcane orb without DMO was the way to go or something with etched sigil disintegrate. No ancient unstable scepter though, that was the one thing she couldn't find. We'll try those out later and hopefully it's not too bad.

Edit: Yay, cleared it first try with arcane orbit build and some random crap.

Alienups

Only have the "reach level 70 in hardcore" season journey left but there's probably not enough time left to finish it. Havent played in a while either.

Firemind

Nooooooo didn't have enough time to finish GR70 before leaving for work. Frozen is such an annoying affix. Oh well. Next season.

Celegus

Decided to finish 2 wizard sets to get the 55 solo with 6 sets conquest and last achievement for the season. No clue what class to play next time, doesn't look like there's any hugely massive changes this time around.

Purged the stashes as best I could this morning. Still have a page of some higher quality Wizard stuff in season, but I have more than enough room in non-season to take it in now. Not that non-season really matters at all. My current season paragon level is higher than my non-season one.

Anyway yeah. Not super excited for the next season, but I'll probably play it at least some. Really more interested in seeing Diablo 4 at this point. Yes, I think it's Diablo 4 (or some sort of spinoff) - we're past the point where it could be feasibly be another expansion.

Cipherr

I tried GR77 yesterday. I've done a 76, but 77 is to much. I can get to the RG but all of them 1-3 hit me. Most 1 shot me, without using the Orb of Infinite Depth version of DMO I dont have the damage reduction to survive a RG, even with all the damage reduction passives and a Unity.

So I just let it go. A 76 clear will do. I only got that 76 due to a shield pylon at the boss lol.

Only have the "reach level 70 in hardcore" season journey left but there's probably not enough time left to finish it. Havent played in a while either.

Just log in and join general chat and ask for a plevel. Someone is probably online. It takes like 15 mins.

Wolfie5

^^Season is over, so it´s too late if he hasn´t done it already.

Cleared up some of my stash. Still have some space. Ready for the next season, will go Wizard this time.

I can't decide which class I'll play next season for fun. I play solo, randomly joining public rifts to kill some time. I main WD and Wiz on NS so they're out. I'm thinking barb or dh but I don't know anything about the PTR to be able to decide yet. I don't try to compete on ladder, as ladder is honestly no lifes who only play diablo 3 and nothing else and boost in 4 man parties of friends giving solo plays no change at season ladders at all =\

0ooIi0z.png

ayyyy lmao

welp, finished the season para 888.

I thought it had a certain symmetry to it, plus I didn't feel like grinding 13 more para levels with only 14 keys left. Good run was good.

Cipherr

I go Wizard every season. It's simply the class I have the most fun with in D3.

I really love the class. And I liked that lots of people in the GAF clan also played mage S5 so I got to try to get into the top 10 this season which was fun. (Im never gonna make the ACTUAL leaderboards). I just dont want to play the same class twice in a row though.

Gonna go DH, but I might change to WD or Monk even. Ive been on PTR since it has 2000% drops on legendaries its easy to try any class to see if you can find a playstyle you like.

Hedge

Hopefully you don't have to jump through that many hoops for those wings.

Cause I can't see myself ever acquiring the set dungeon pair.

Aye. I hope they're reasonable to aquire. But looking at the set dungeon wings and the cosmic wings (need rare rainbow goblin + rare spawn in Whimseydale), I'd guess not.

Top Bottom