• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Ultratech

I may try to play a Wizard in the upcoming Season.

I dabbled with one a long time ago, but never got too much into it.

Got decently far last Season with my Sader, but I was only short a few things of getting that extra Stash space (though honestly, I hoard WAY too much, so I'm not too hurt about it).

I may try to play a Wizard in the upcoming Season.

I dabbled with one a long time ago, but never got too much into it.

Got decently far last Season with my Sader, but I was only short a few things of getting that extra Stash space (though honestly, I hoard WAY too much, so I'm not too hurt about it).

it's really cool if you haven't rolled a Wiz lately.

I just know I can't do it again. I just...can't.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I don't think I'll be playing much, if at all this time around. And even if I do, I'll probably be playing non-season. I don't wanna go through season grind just to get another stash tab. 7 tabs will have to do.

Dreavus

A few friends will probably pull me in again. Gearing up in Season after reaching max level is actually kind of fun since the upgrades come fast and frequent.

I tend to not get too far though. I think I did up to a silver portrait and left it there, not even the stash tab. I'm guessing it won't be any easier this time.

The builds this go around are very boring.. Every class seems to have stagnated or is using a variation of their last patch builds minus the wizard. I don't like archon though, so I'm uninterested. I didn't really get in on the invoker crusader trend last patch, it looks pretty boring but I might go for that this time around. WD needs some changing up though, I loved pets at one point I'm sure.. But that time has long since passed.

Anyone else really bothered by the performance of the DH shadow set too? That they can only really fight rift guardians with one of their best sets is kind of pathetic.. Who wants to play that? Is their build in 2.4.1 any better?

What changed with the Wiz. Is Archon getting buffed? last patch wasn't nearly enough for it.

Its basically two things. Archon got buffed and so did Firebirds (then it got nerfed, but still strong).

Active Skills
Archon
Damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
Armor and resistance bonuses increased from 20% to 150%
Damage bonus for each enemy killed is now multiplicative
Skill Rune - Improved Archon
Damage bonus increased from 22% to 50%
Note: This bonus is now multiplicative

Firebird's Finery
(6) Set Bonus
Damage bonus for each enemy burning increased from 25% to 40%
Damage bonus when an Elite is burning increased from 600% to 2000%
Note: This damage bonus is now limited to a maximum of 60 stacks

I'll more than likely re-roll Wizard for the second season in a row. Monk/WD is also an option not sure though.

MrDaravon

I'm still waiting for the usual folks to put together the summary of build guides for Season 6 etc, but with the Archon stuff is perma-Archon a thing again now or are you basically just running Firebirds and pop Archon for tricky Elites etc?

manhack

Excited for new season, but new Hearthstone expansion will take a bit of my time. The main thing that keeps me coming back to seasons is that I only focus on 1 character for each season and I play hardcore, which encourages starting over by design.

I did WD, Barbararian and Crusader the last 3 seasons in that order. Not sure what character to try next.

I'm still waiting for the usual folks to put together the summary of build guides for Season 6 etc, but with the Archon stuff is perma-Archon a thing again now or are you basically just running Firebirds and pop Archon for tricky Elites etc?

It isn't 100% archon but it is 85-90% archon, the time out of archon is basically get 20 stacks of Chantado and try not to die.

The whole Firebirds thing is linked to Chantado's wave of explosion.

MrDaravon

Looking into Wiz stuff now has made me realize I don't know jack shit about this class anymore.

Edit: Spent a bit of time looking around, will still wait for some more formal guides to go up with the patch/season 6 but think I might roll Wiz this season. I think Vyr Archon might appeal to me a bit more than Firebird Archon but we'll see.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Don't even think i'm playing this season, first time i won't be sadly. Barb looks exactly the same from 2.4, leaping and charging, nothing exciting :(.

Corsick

I have a silly question, but I was watching a stream today of someone around 1700 or so paragon using an "of the wastes" barb. They were getting uniques/set items to drop like every 5 seconds after opening chests and killing elite packs. This was on Torment 7. How the heck is that even possible? I'm talking like 25-30 unique/set drops per run farming keystones.

Xanathus

I have a silly question, but I was watching a stream today of someone around 1700 or so paragon using an "of the wastes" barb. They were getting uniques/set items to drop like every 5 seconds after opening chests and killing elite packs. This was on Torment 7. How the heck is that even possible? I'm talking like 25-30 unique/set drops per run farming keystones.

Just plain luck? It's possible you mistook non-Legendaries as Legendaries but currently shit load of colored items drop when you're speed farming, though running Torment 7 is a rather low difficulty to be speed-farming.

PTR is still up isn't it? On PTR you have like 1600%increased legendary droprate or whatever, for testing purposes, so basically everything you do, a legendary drops.

Just plain luck? It's possible you mistook non-Legendaries as Legendaries but currently shit load of colored items drop when you're speed farming, though running Torment 7 is a rather low difficulty to be speed-farming.

Sounds like PTR. No one uses Wastes set on live, and it's buffed on PTR with the whirlwind multiplier ring.

Corsick

PTR is still up isn't it? On PTR you have like 1600%increased legendary droprate or whatever, for testing purposes, so basically everything you do, a legendary drops.

Oh wow, that must be it then. Yeah, I had no idea they did that for the PTR. I was so confused by it because I've been trying to complete my Heltooth gargantuan WD build for a week now and can't find the rings I need. Then I saw that stream and thought I was doing it all wrong.

Xanathus

Huh I was under the impression that PTR was already down since I heard they took down the PTR forums.

I think it's up to 2000% droprate. I was playing last night on the PTR so as far as I know, it's still up.

And yeah, so many legendaries dropping, even on Master rifts as I was leveling my monk. It's been craziness. I can't even imagine what it's like on T6+.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I think it's up to 2000% droprate. I was playing last night on the PTR so as far as I know, it's still up.

And yeah, so many legendaries dropping, even on Master rifts as I was leveling my monk. It's been craziness. I can't even imagine what it's like on T6+.

Yup, it's 20x which means that at T6, pretty much anything that can drop a legendary will. (about 5% base chance)

Cipherr

Yep PTR. Im playing it lately before the launch so I can try classes and sets to decide on a class. Easy as hell to get and finish sets.

So, I haven't touched Diablo 3 since the UEE on PS3. I'm going to jump back into this on PC when the new season starts, but I'm curious if there is anyone out there who could tell me what big changes there have been since UEE release? Heck...I didn't even know about seasons.

Its basically two things. Archon got buffed and so did Firebirds (then it got nerfed, but still strong).

Active Skills
Archon
Damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
Armor and resistance bonuses increased from 20% to 150%
Damage bonus for each enemy killed is now multiplicative
Skill Rune - Improved Archon
Damage bonus increased from 22% to 50%
Note: This bonus is now multiplicative

Firebird's Finery
(6) Set Bonus
Damage bonus for each enemy burning increased from 25% to 40%
Damage bonus when an Elite is burning increased from 600% to 2000%
Note: This damage bonus is now limited to a maximum of 60 stacks

I'll more than likely re-roll Wizard for the second season in a row. Monk/WD is also an option not sure though.

these changes are retroactive right? I don't need to play the season or otherwise farm this gear again do I?

OK....seasons are hurting my brain. I have an old Wizard sitting around with great items and level 60. If I'm jumping back in at start of new season and rebirth her, what do I lose?

OK....seasons are hurting my brain. I have an old Wizard sitting around with great items and level 60. If I'm jumping back in at start of new season and rebirth her, what do I lose?

sort of depends. first of all, you won't be able to directly use any level 60 gear as level progression has increased to 70. think of it as trying to use level 50 gear on a level 60 character.

so you'll be replacing everything.

but there's a mechanic in the game that allows you to extract the unique affixes of any legendary amulets, rings, weapons and certain armor items. so be sure to keep one of most items with unique (orange text) affixes. their abilities may be needed or otherwise of use once you gear up at 70.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5cRpfe_hTE

Baliis

Technically you don't lose anything, all your existing gear is mailed to you and can be picked up on a different character, and the character you rebirthed is now level 1 seasons. So really you just lose the levels, which depending on how good you are at leveling is a few hours tops to a day or two.

moojito

I'm liking my wizard, not sure if I want to roll up another one for the upcoming season, though.
I really enjoyed my monk on the ps4. I had the build where you would punch a monster in the face, then all the mobs on the screen would get some kind of red hand above them then you could press one button to make everything explode. It was pretty damn sweet.
If anyone recognizes the build I'm talking about, is that still going to be viable in the upcoming season?
I'm not looking to do crazy high end grifts or anything, so even reasonably viable would be fine.

beanman25

Just got a PS4 copy of this last night. Any chance someone could invite me into act v final boss so I can get right to adventure mode?

LetsGoBlues is my PSN

From what I've been reading Crusaders went from being one of the best solo classes to the second worst with the recent nerfs to Invokers/Hack.

Barb doesn't look too fun. Looks like Raekors/Boulder Toss which I don't care for.

The meta is still going to be 1 Wiz+Support. I'm not sure how long I'll last this season. I feel like we need a new expansion more than ever. Things are getting stale for me.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
From what I've been reading Crusaders went from being one of the best solo classes to the second worst with the recent nerfs to Invokers/Hack.

Barb doesn't look too fun. Looks like Raekors/Boulder Toss which I don't care for.

The meta is still going to be 1 Wiz+Support. I'm not sure how long I'll last this season. I feel like we need a new expansion more than ever. Things are getting stale for me.

Huh? I thought Crusaders worked best with LoD builds anyway?
At least I know my Crusader instantly gained 5-10 GR levels once I made the jump from Invoker's to LoD.

Celegus

Looks like Inna's isn't being touched but it's the free monk set? How is it these days? Was thinking about going monk this time, but would rather DH if Inna's is crap.

MrDaravon

I'm gonna mess around with it a bit more later today, but spent some time on the PTR last night with Wiz; I don't think Firebirds/Fire Archon is for me with the pulling you have to do and managing stacks etc. Messed around with Vyr Archon a bit and seems maybe more my speed, has stack management but it's more manageable IMO but I'm really not a fan of having to either numlock or spam Skill 1 in Archon mode along with everything else. Also my gear was pretty solid with all of the pieces and rolls per the few diablofans/reddit guides I looked at for S6/2.4.1 with decent sheet DPS (like 1.3ish mil) and fire % rolls but I wasn't really melting stuff like I would have expected in t10 rifts. Not sure how much of that was me just not properly playing it though, need to look at some videos of people running it.

I'm gonna mess around with it a bit more later today, but spent some time on the PTR last night with Wiz; I don't think Firebirds/Fire Archon is for me with the pulling you have to do and managing stacks etc. Messed around with Vyr Archon a bit and seems maybe more my speed, has stack management but it's more manageable IMO but I'm really not a fan of having to either numlock or spam Skill 1 in Archon mode along with everything else. Also my gear was pretty solid with all of the pieces and rolls per the few diablofans/reddit guides I looked at for S6/2.4.1 with decent sheet DPS (like 1.3ish mil) and fire % rolls but I wasn't really melting stuff like I would have expected in t10 rifts. Not sure how much of that was me just not properly playing it though, need to look at some videos of people running it.

Nod. This is my issue with Firebird/Archon, it really isn't 'fun' or that fluid. You also have to 20% Fire 19% Arcane (Ring/Neck) to make it really strong. I do applaud people though, it is thinking outside the box. I was really looking forward to Archon again have been since pre-RoS. How strong or weak is Vyr Archon?

MrDaravon

Nod. This is my issue with Firebird/Archon, it really isn't 'fun' or that fluid. You also have to 20% Fire 19% Arcane (Ring/Neck) to make it really strong. I do applaud people though, it is thinking outside the box. I was really looking forward to Archon again have been since pre-RoS. How strong or weak is Vyr Archon?

Yeah, I don't know if it's just me being an old man but I honestly miss the relatively simple days of vanilla D3 cookie cutter Monk, 2.0 Wiz Frozen Orb build etc etc. I don't like builds that require a lot of micromanagement, encourage/support numlocking etc. As far as I'm seeing/reading people are putting Firebirds Archon still on top now with the Vyr Archon "nerf", but Vyr is probably not too far behind and is also way way less squishy than Fire Archon is.

I might alternatively look into Monk for next season, I got one kinda geared up at the end of last season but never messed around much with it. I never got to actually mess around with it but if the 5pc Inna/2pc Raimnent Mangle build is still a thing I might go for that.

Xanathus

Does anyone know what cosmetics are account-wide and are accessible immediately between season and non-season characters? I'm thinking of farming the new wings and Whimsydale portrait before season starts.

Ayumi

Does anyone know what cosmetics are account-wide and are accessible immediately between season and non-season characters? I'm thinking of farming the new wings and Whimsydale portrait before season starts.
I would assume it's like normal items, you gotta get them to drop outside of season if you want them NS before S6 ends. Also, I read on a blue post that the cosmic wings (Whimsyshire) are patch first. I think most of the rest can be found on player's patch notes from PTR.

You can get them already? How?
You can get them in the new patch, which comes before Season 6. Here are some of them: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20095515/patch-241-preview-cosmetic-items-4-14-2016

MrDaravon

I haven't even looked at what cosmetic stuff they're apparently (?) adding, but I think generally transmog stuff doesn't carry from non-seasons into seasons, but I think anything like portraits/wings would? Not sure another time this would have been put to the test other than I guess the Set Dungeon wings from last season but I can't remember if that patch went up in time for people to try that.

Xanathus

I would assume it's like normal items, you gotta get them to drop outside of season if you want them NS before S6 ends. Also, I read on a blue post that the cosmic wings (Whimsyshire) are patch first. I think most of the rest can be found on player's patch notes from PTR.

I haven't even looked at what cosmetic stuff they're apparently (?) adding, but I think generally transmog stuff doesn't carry from non-seasons into seasons, but I think anything like portraits/wings would? Not sure another time this would have been put to the test other than I guess the Set Dungeon wings from last season but I can't remember if that patch went up in time for people to try that.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, wings and portraits are probably account-wide so only the item transmogs will not carry over from NS to S. So it's worth farming the wings and portraits so that I have something shiny on my seasonal characters.

MrDaravon

Oh god looking into this stuff now, I had no idea that any of this cosmetic stuff was being put in. Well this gives me a goal at least, and I'm with you in the sense that you might as well farm this shit post-patch but before season 6 starts to carry it in.

Top Bottom