• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Siegfried

Right but power levelling like that isn't exactly playing the game either.

I don't plan to play with those characters. I was power leveling only for the achievement because I wanna be done with this game before Destiny comes out. My Witch Doctor, Crusader and Wizard were all leveled up with friends and by myself and those are the characters I use.

I just had no idea they were all cheaters. Feels cheap to me to level up with people like this, but now there's nothing I can do. If I knew before I would have joined only torment 5 or 4 games.

Siegfried

Any suggestions on the break 50 items trophy? I saw a video but it was in german and he was in act 2 somewhere, but I couldnt figure it out.

Easiest way to do it. I did it on the PC when Diablo 3 came out and it still works now after reaper of souls.

Get a demon hunter high enough to have ball of lightning. Go to the graveyeard in act 1, where there are 3 tombs and one of them has the town portal. Run around the area using ball of lightning. You will get 50 objects in 10 seconds, no effort at all or chance to fail. :)

Welp, over an hour of spending blood shards and still not a single piece of the Might of the Earth set. I'm convinced it can't drop from Kadala on PS4, and unless I see proof of it happening, I'm probably just going to pray to RNGesus that they drop from Rifts.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I had no idea at all. I started joining Torment 6 games with my level 1 characters to power level them because of the huge XP gain. I though they were all just some really, really well mad characters with awesome items. Just after leveling my 3 remaining classes from 1 to 70 a friend told me he found out they are actually cheaters.

Oh god, I really hate when low level people I don't know join my rifts like this. It happens so often. If you join a game where someone is pulling other lowbies through rifts for XP, and they don't care, that's one thing. But when a group is trying to legitimately tackle harder content, and some lowbie pops in to leech XP, that's just lame.

I hit 47 in a 4 player rift today. It was one of those cramped dungeons and effects were just popping up everywhere. I'll probably end up getting it by accident somehow one of these days.

Take a demon hunter with double chakrams and evavise fire (I used covering fire). Go to the cemetery in Act 1 or 5 and start in a corner. Swing a squarish line around it spamming all over the place. It took me a few tries but, it eventually worked for me the time that I spawned and the shrine was fleeting. You may need to keep respawning there until you get the fleeting shrine like I did.

Another way is to get the conduit pylon in a rift with four people and haul ass in separate directions.

biezel

Plowing through bounties with my first 70, a crusader. Paragon level 30 so far, sticking to Master a looking for +crit chance and damage gear to boost my dps, currently sitting at 380k. Think I'm just about ready to jump into T1 and start running rifts!

Level 63 on Expert - HC

I think I finished around 67, used hard until mid 30's, then switched to expert until I finished Act IV, then finished switching between Master and T1.

I was Paragon 14 but I don't think that's normal.

Ok, I haven't really played this since Vanilla and I remember how I was barely level 30 after beating Normal. They've made a fuckton of changes since then I suppose, more exp, more loots, more monsters, etc

So after you finally get enough gear to do T6, what's next? Wait for the patch for more content?

That's basically it, yes. Or make new characters. I've just been leveling a class, gearing up enough to do T3 with ease, then starting another. More fun and variety in that, plus you're not just rushing yourself into a dead end T6 grind. The fact that its 95% cheaters now doesn't help its appeal either.

GWWSWNB.jpg
Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

Kamina

Golden Boy
That's basically it, yes. Or make new characters. I've just been leveling a class, gearing up enough to do T3 with ease, then starting another. More fun and variety in that, plus you're not just rushing yourself into a dead end T6 grind. The fact that its 95% cheaters now doesn't help its appeal either.
95% at T6? WOW!
I've met two in T2 but the fact that it gets even worse is sad. Do they all have this Professional Russians Sword with three sockets and 5+ Attacks/sec?

Yeah. It is nuts how the amount of people modding their weapons has spiked. When I ran into my first one a few nights ago, I messaged him and said "How the hell did you get that 30K weapon?" He told me it was modded, and asked if I wanted one. I was like "No thanks...". In the back of my mind, I would be too afraid of getting caught. But #2...who the hell mods their items in a game where the whole fun and point of it is to get new loot and better items?!

I wish there was an easy way to report them.

RPG

Any suggestions on the break 50 items trophy? I saw a video but it was in german and he was in act 2 somewhere, but I couldnt figure it out.

I got mine yesterday in the
entry area of the palace in Act 2

Start at the top left of the 'clover shaped' entry room (near the stairs) and then break everything around the wall to your right. When you get to the entrance, roll towards the center fountain and break everything around it, then roll to the bottom right of the 'clover' (under the entrance) and keep breaking everything to your left. You should smash 50 items by the time you hit the stairs.

Is there a website or anything that does some theorycrafting? I want to know stuff like, 1% crit chance = Xstr. Is +20% skill damage more DPS than X% crit chance. Stuff like that.
I've brought it up a few times here, but I didn't really get any bites. Unfortunately, console users aren't allowed to post in the main forums over at blizzard.net, which is where a lot of this stuff is discussed in depth.

Anyway, a lot of it is situational. Since you're multiplying a bunch of different factors together, there's no proportional relationship between CHC boosts and stat boosts. However, a good rule of thumb for determining how much your crits contribute to damage is to simply multiply your CHC by your CD. So if you have a 50% CHC and +200% damage, your crits are increasing your base damage by 200% * 50% = 100%. So if your sheet DPS is listed as 100k, it would drop to 50k if your CHC were to magically drop to 0%.
Base CHC is 5%.

Right now I'm looking at a rare neck to replace a legendary.

Rare Neck:
+88 All Res
+89% Crit damage
+7% Crit Chance

+70% gold from mobs
Reduces duration of control effects by 16%
Reduces cooldown of kills by 5%

Legendary Neck Rondal's Locket:
+16% Holy Skill Damage (my main damage type)
+665 Strength
+560 Armor (need to reroll it)
+91% Crit Damage

+4 Pickup radius
+20k HP from globes

The Legendary will obviously be better once I reroll the Armor, but for right now, is that +7% crit chance worth more than +16% Holy Skill? With Rondal's equipped, my holy DPS is 706k. With the rare neck with 7% crit, my holy DPS is back to base DPS (608k), but my crit is at a real nice 45% and +300% bonus damage. I think the Rondal's Locket is more DPS even with out the crit chance, the game is telling me the Rare is better (1 green triangle), but I'd like to know for sure and see the math, unfortunately I'm no math wiz. I really wish there was some kind of target dummy you can test your actual DPS out on.
This isn't as complicated as it seems. Losing the CHC boost will drop your Damage ("sheet DPS"), but the HDI will increase your Holy Damage above that now-reduced base. If you use nothing but Holy skills, then it's a simple matter of looking to see whether your Holy Damage — listed on your detail sheet, under the description for Holy Damage Increase —went up or down.

However, if not all your skills are Holy, then you need to consider the effect that the lost CHC will have on your Damage. Is boosting your primary attack worth it, considering the attending loss to the output of your other skills? That's mostly up to you, and how you balance the use of your various skills. Are you really using Holy 90% of the time, or is it more like 40% of the time, while using Lighting and Fire 30% each? If it's closer to the latter, then sacrificing a bunch of Damage to boost Holy Damage won't be as worth it.

Also, are the skills you're trying to boost actually listed as "X% of weapon damage as Holy"? If not, they don't benefit from the element boost. If you have a 100% CDI, it doesn't extend the range or duration of Frost Nova, but it will affect the damage done by the Frozen Mist rune.

Trigonx

I got the trophy today, it was a matter of luck. Got the Conduit pylon and ran around the floor I was on(Act 5 cemetery with lots of jars/tombstones/fences) and got 57 destroyed items

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
95% at T6? WOW!
I've met two in T2 but the fact that it gets even worse is sad. Do they all have this Professional Russians Sword with three sockets and 5+ Attacks/sec?

They don't all have the same weapon, but I can confirm that T5/6 has a ton of people using the hacked items. Takes a while before I can find a suitable public game.

Yeah. It is nuts how the amount of people modding their weapons has spiked. When I ran into my first one a few nights ago, I messaged him and said "How the hell did you get that 30K weapon?" He told me it was modded, and asked if I wanted one. I was like "No thanks...". In the back of my mind, I would be too afraid of getting caught. But #2...who the hell mods their items in a game where the whole fun and point of it is to get new loot and better items?!

I wish there was an easy way to report them.

Some people are really dumb- they think the point is to have the best items, and with that mentality it's obviously even better to have hacked items.

I find the Diablo subreddits to be a great source of info:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Wizards
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Witchdoctors
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Barbarians
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Demonhunters

I especially find the specific class subreddits to be very useful.
The sidebars on the subreddits also have links to Damage calculators, Effective HP (EHP*) calculators, cooldown calculators, etc.

*Definition of Effective HP:
EHP = Effective Hit Points. (Or Effective Health Pool.)
This number rates a character's total survival power, combining hit points, resistance, life regeneration, life steal, blocking, dodge, defense, and more. A character's EHP value provides much more useful information than the hit points displayed in-game, since it evaluates a character's survive potential in actual combat.
A higher Effective HP is much much better than simply stacking a ton of Vitality and having lower resistances.

Links from the subreddit sidebars:

Damage Calculator Spreadsheet
Effective HP calculator Spreadsheet
DPS and EHP Calculator
Cooldown Reduction Calculator

Hope this helps out.

baconcow

ACT I
(graveyard area with the four possible tomb's)
. I used a Demon Hunter with that spinning while shooting attack (Strafe with Drifting Shadow). I was able to chain 50 breaks with relative ease.

They don't all have the same weapon, but I can confirm that T5/6 has a ton of people using the hacked items. Takes a while before I can find a suitable public game.

Almost every T6 game I joined had people running with hacked weapons, which is fine because now I'm going to take my lvl 1 WD and power level with these cheaters.

Saganator

I've brought it up a few times here, but I didn't really get any bites. Unfortunately, console users aren't allowed to post in the main forums over at blizzard.net, which is where a lot of this stuff is discussed in depth.

Anyway, a lot of it is situational. Since you're multiplying a bunch of different factors together, there's no proportional relationship between CHC boosts and stat boosts. However, a good rule of thumb for determining how much your crits contribute to damage is to simply multiply your CHC by your CD. So if you have a 50% CHC and +200% damage, your crits are increasing your base damage by 200% * 50% = 100%. So if your sheet DPS is listed as 100k, it would drop to 50k if your CHC were to magically drop to 0%.
Base CHC is 5%.

This isn't as complicated as it seems. Losing the CHC boost will drop your Damage ("sheet DPS"), but the HDI will increase your Holy Damage above that now-reduced base. If you use nothing but Holy skills, then it's a simple matter of looking to see whether your Holy Damage — listed on your detail sheet, under the description for Holy Damage Increase —went up or down.

However, if not all your skills are Holy, then you need to consider the effect that the lost CHC will have on your Damage. Is boosting your primary attack worth it, considering the attending loss to the output of your other skills? That's mostly up to you, and how you balance the use of your various skills. Are you really using Holy 90% of the time, or is it more like 40% of the time, while using Lighting and Fire 30% each? If it's closer to the latter, then sacrificing a bunch of Damage to boost Holy Damage won't be as worth it.

Also, are the skills you're trying to boost actually listed as "X% of weapon damage as Holy"? If not, they don't benefit from the element boost. If you have a 100% CDI, it doesn't extend the range or duration of Frost Nova, but it will affect the damage done by the Frozen Mist rune.

Thanks for the reply. I pretty much answered my own question whilst typing my post out, but was still curious about the math and stuff. I use the passive that gives me health when I do Holy damage, so I made all my skills do Holy, so the +Holy Damage stat is pretty big for me. I ended up biting the bullet and spending a couple million on rerolling the legendary neck and got +9% crit and kept the +16% holy, gave me an 80k DPS increase, my Holy DPS is now sitting at a nice 790K.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not sure how it happened but I got a gift from someone not on my friend list. It turned out to be a really bad chest piece (freaking yellow too) with crap stats and only two slots. Thanks...mystery...glitch gift or something.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Thank you super-famicom and other gaffers (Lutherkaine, KingTako13) for sending me some awesome legendary items.

By god, they were so awesome to use. ;D

boofa

Neo Member
The gift and nemesis systems are awesome, but it seems I get the majority of my nemeses and gifts from 1 or 2 people that I play with regularly and next to nothing from everyone else. I've added at least 20 ppl from this and the friends thread and I see tons of you all online all the time. Is everyone here so awesome they never die? :^P

The gift and nemesis systems are awesome, but it seems I get the majority of my nemeses and gifts from 1 or 2 people that I play with regularly and next to nothing from everyone else. I've added at least 20 ppl from this and the friends thread and I see tons of you all online all the time. Is everyone here so awesome they never die? :^P
I die a lot. If you haven't added me yet: VincentAlexander

Rizzi

I haven't gotten many gifts. I send a bunch out, and I've gotten like three. Two of those had yellow items in them. :/

Atkison04

I seem to get a nemesis seldom as well. Managed to get and beat two of them yesterday. I usually get wrecked by them. I also haven't been dying that much as of late, although I did die twice yesterday (first time in several days). I'm a Diablo beginner, so I'm far from competent at understanding the inner workings of the game and stats and what stacks best with what. Having an awesome time though. I think the nemesis system is great! Nothing like that moment when your controller starts rumbling :)

boofa

Neo Member
I seem to get a nemesis seldom as well. Managed to get and beat two of them yesterday. I usually get wrecked by them. I also haven't been dying that much as of late, although I did die twice yesterday (first time in several days). I'm a Diablo beginner, so I'm far from competent at understanding the inner workings of the game and stats and what stacks best with what. Having an awesome time though. I think the nemesis system is great! Nothing like that moment when your controller starts rumbling :)

When I do get them, they seem to usually come at the absolute worst time and I don't notice the horns and drums playing so I can run to where there are no enemies.

Atkison04

When I do get them, they seem to usually come at the absolute worst time and I don't notice the horns and drums playing so I can run to where there are no enemies.

They make me panic some what, but I love it. I've added several gaffers to my friends list in the last week and I still don't see a nemesis but every few days. I'd just chalk it up to that most of the gaffers are probably pretty good at the game and don't die often. If you're on ps4 add me if you want the7thAssassin

boofa

Neo Member
They make me panic some what, but I love it. I've added several gaffers to my friends list in the last week and I still don't see a nemesis but every few days. I'd just chalk it up to that most of the gaffers are probably pretty good at the game and don't die often. If you're on ps4 add me if you want the7thAssassin

Oh yeah, I love the challenge. I get the majority of mine from a friend running a wizard and his ghost comes through with it half the time spamming his move that makes dupes and slow bubbles. They really suck but I feel like I accomplished something when I beat one. Just added you too :)

boofa on PS4 for anyone else looking to add peeps for gifts/nemesis

Top Bottom