• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Wanny

I'm one of those who played the game on PC quite a lot and bought it on PS4 during the sale. Man it's just a ton better on consoles.

Having a blast once again.

Wickwire

after hundreds and hundreds of hours on the PC and ps3 version, the ps4 version lured me back in. I cant quit you diablo 3. I just started doing bounties and rifts at 70

psn: wickwire7

Kaita

Neo Member
I have been working on getting all characters 70. Looking forward to running something higher then t2. I play in then evenings mostly 9-12 central.

Psn: treatedseed

z3phon

after hundreds and hundreds of hours on the PC and ps3 version, the ps4 version lured me back in. I cant quit you diablo 3. I just started doing bounties and rifts at 70

psn: wickwire7
Did you play RoS on the PC?
I'm considering buying it for the ps4 since its still on sale. Played a lot of RoS on the PC and enjoyed it a lot but just dont like sitting infront of the computer after a long day of work. Is it easy to find public games on the PS4?

Hobbun

Trying to get an Akkan's set together for my Crusader. I actually have 4 out of the 6 pieces, and all are from gambling.

Two of the pieces have gem sockets, two don't. My question is, in using the Mystic, can you choose any (blue) magic stat in trying to get a socket or does it have to be a specific type of stat? If a specific one, what type?

I picked up Ultimate Evil on Xbox One during the previous holiday sale and I've got my Crusader up to level 65. I have a few questions some of you long time Diablo fans may be able to answer.

- What are "seasons" in Diablo? And do consoles get them?
- What does the future of Diablo look like? Another D3 expansion on the way?

Trying to get an Akkan's set together for my Crusader. I actually have 4 out of the 6 pieces, and all are from gambling.

Two of the pieces have gem sockets, two don't. My question is, in using the Mystic, can you choose any (blue) magic stat in trying to get a socket or does it have to be a specific type of stat? If a specific one, what type?

So jealous. I've got the shoulders and boots, after literally hundreds of hours of grinding. :(

SRTtoZ

I picked up Ultimate Evil on Xbox One during the previous holiday sale and I've got my Crusader up to level 65. I have a few questions some of you long time Diablo fans may be able to answer.

- What are "seasons" in Diablo? And do consoles get them?
- What does the future of Diablo look like? Another D3 expansion on the way?

Seasons are leaderboards pretty much and are timed thing, so once a season is over, its over. Seasons offer some cool things like specific legendaries but once a season is over they are released to everyone. Seasons are also unique to individual characters like once a season starts you start from level 1 with no stash, and once a season is over you can choose to move that character into a normal or hardcore game.

Seasons are a PC only thing, I think because of the way console players can hack the game pretty easily so you can't keep track of the real leaders.

The future of Diablo 3 is great, I completely expect another expansion and the game sold incredibly well, even the Ultimate Evil editions. Even without expansions, the game has been supported better than any game I can think of, especially comparing it to Vanilla D3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15198713/patch-210-preview-seasons-8-15-2014

dog$

Hates quality gaming
For every item, notice how the affixes are grouped. On most Legendary or Rare, you'll probably see four properties listed first, then a faint yellow dividing line followed by two more affixes (yes, there are exceptions to this, and you'll eventually recognize them). These groupings are first by Primary Affixes and the second grouping is Secondary Affixes.

Primary Affixes are the important stats which have the most direct impact on your character's overall offense and defense. This includes STR/DEX/INT, Increased Attack Speed, % Damage, Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage, % Life, Vitality, Armor, Resist All Elements - it also includes Socket. Secondary Affixes are values which aren't as important, such as single element resists (Fire Resistance, Lightning Resistance), Life On Kill, Increased Gold Pickup Radius, &c.

Now the important part. When it comes time to Enchant something with the Mystic, you can only choose one property to alter, and if you are altering a Primary Affix, the other possible resulting choices will be of the Primary Affix table, and if you are altering a Secondary Affix, you can only obtain results of the Secondary Affix table. This prevents you from changing Poison Resistance to All Resistance, as well as Life on Kill to Life on Hit, as well as anything from Secondary Affix to Socket.

The good news is that you don't need to remember any of this. When you have an item ready to be enchanted and you are at the screen to select which property to replace, press Square (or uh X or whatever it is on Xbox, the button to show this information is disclosed at the bottom of the screen) and the game will show you all the possible replacement affixes that can come from choosing that affix to be enchanted. I've made a habit of doing this every time I enchant a new item, and I'll still do this no matter how many hundreds of hours I've played the game.

One last item of note to mention is that only certain items can have sockets. Weapon, offhand, jewelry, helm, chest, and pants can have sockets. Shoulders, belt, bracer, and glove can never have sockets. (Yes there are legacy item exceptions to this rule, but this is what's in place for items which drop in the game now.)

SRTtoZ

So after spending some time with the console version I have to say its quite good. I thought the PC version was the be all end all of D3 but man this version is just so damn quality. Great graphics, great framerate, great IQ, great controls, great interface, oh and finally no carpal tunnel!

Oh and Krayzie is hooking me up! Thanks man. I feel so behind on consoles because I have nothing when on PC I have like hundreds of millions of gold and super awesome leveling up legendaries. You def helped!

Just got the game. Anyone got tips on how I can level up fast?

Just missed the xp weekend. Other than that the fastest way is with a friend who has a 70, he can power level you, and lastly you have play on the hardest difficulty and power through it.

Frenden

Banned
What class has the best endgame? I played vanilla DIII before loot 2.0, so I have a lot of catching up to do now that I've nabbed the PS4 version.

Krayzie

So after spending some time with the console version I have to say its quite good. I thought the PC version was the be all end all of D3 but man this version is just so damn quality. Great graphics, great framerate, great IQ, great controls, great interface, oh and finally no carpal tunnel!

Lol!! Even the thought of playing D3 with a K+M causes my hand to tremble. Sounds like it can get quite excruciating :)

Anyway let me know if ya need any gems or mats. I'll send over some other sader gear later.

So those treasure goblins and their mythical portals. I've been running non-stop through Core of Arreat trying to get a portal to spawn. But no luck. Any other recommendations on good, linear and quick places to try and farm?

SRTtoZ

Lol!! Even the thought of playing D3 with a K+M causes my hand to tremble. Sounds like it can get quite excruciating :)

Anyway let me know if ya need any gems or mats. I'll send over some other sader gear later.

Awesome thanks man. Its also nice hearing that mail sound and checking my mail to get mass legendaries from ya :D

I'm up to level 25 on sader, having a bit of fun especially considering I mained DH/Wiz on the PC version. Oh and once I start farming at max level I'll return the favor.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
So those treasure goblins and their mythical portals. I've been running non-stop through Core of Arreat trying to get a portal to spawn. But no luck. Any other recommendations on good, linear and quick places to try and farm?

The tower maps on ACT 3. Run in a circle, at least 1 goblin should be in either of the 2 maps. It's my go to for goblin portal farming. Worked on the PC and it took me an hour on the X1. It's pretty much luck if a portal spawns.

Wickwire

Did you play RoS on the PC?
I'm considering buying it for the ps4 since its still on sale. Played a lot of RoS on the PC and enjoyed it a lot but just dont like sitting infront of the computer after a long day of work. Is it easy to find public games on the PS4?

yes, I played ROS on PC. I actually enjoy the console version more than K/M. Pubs im not sure. I usually start my games open to the public and people usually come in. I havent actually looked for a public game yet. I have also played with a few GaFers as well

Donos

Thought about making a new thread but i have the feeling that besides the Patches/RoS/removing the AH, releasing the D3 console versions was a really good idea for Blizzard.

Feels like even the "oldgen" versions where recieved pretty well and i also see a lot of former PC D3 players getting the nextgen console versions and saying good things about it. Game plays really great with gamepad.

Only downside seems to be rampant cheats/hacks on the console side.

sam777

Hi all, I am playing on Xbox One and got a quick question.

Sometimes I get an instruction that I can add/attach a socket to a weapon but how do I do that?
Thanks.

Krayzie

Hi all, I am playing on Xbox One and got a quick question.

Sometimes I get an instruction that I can add/attach a socket to a weapon but how do I do that?
Thanks.

2 ways to do that. One is by rolling off a main stat into a socket, or you could use a ramaladni's gift on it.

Only downside seems to be rampant cheats/hacks on the console side.

Stay away from T6 public games and play with gaffers = Hacker free D3 goodness.

z3phon

Does blizzard plan on adding leaderboards and seasons to the console version in the new patch?
With all the hack and cheating going on doesn't it make those features pointless or do they have a plan to take care of all the hacking?

Krayzie

Does blizzard plan on adding leaderboards and seasons to the console version in the new patch?
With all the hack and cheating going on doesn't it make those features pointless or do they have a plan to take care of all the hacking?

Seasons will never be on consoles as long as there is offline play.

Q: Will Seasons be coming to console?
A: Some features on console are best designed for that platform, and the same is true for the PC version of the game. A large part of the fun of Seasons is the entire community rerolling heroes together at the same time. The offline and disconnected nature of console does not support this style of play. As a result, we do not currently have plans to implement Seasons on console.
(http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16607841/first-look-season-2-11-7-2014)

Hobbun

Lots of good information.

Thank you so much on the great post! I did find out yesterday about the differences on primary and secondary abilities, and figured the grouping separated them, but was not certain. I did 'not' know about the square button, will make sure to use that from from now on.

Thanks again!

So jealous. I've got the shoulders and boots, after literally hundreds of hours of grinding. :(

Sorry to hear that. Not to rub it in, but actually picked up the Pauldrons yesterday, so have five pieces now (just need the Pants).

Have you tried to gamble? That's how I've found all of mine. I know you can find pieces on drops, but have rarely found set pieces on drops, I've had the most luck with Kadala.

This is the first game that my wife and I have truley enjoyed playing together in couch co-op. It is an absolute joy. When it comes to games, we both have alpha personalities and usually end up fighting where to go and what to do but the design of this game is perfect. Thank you holiday sale!

Hobbun

Another general question, in regards to how the game calculates different sources for stats and adds them together.

Does it just add them, or is it a +/- of the total number/percentage?

The reason I ask is because I am trying to work on lowering my cool down as much as possible with my Crusader. I have a helm that gives me 12.5% (gem), sword gives me 9% and another item gives me 6%. I also have .04% right now from Paragon levels. Which all told, should give me a total cool down of 27.9%.

However, when I go to my stats (hitting the square button on inventory screen), it shows my total cool down at 25.44%. Granted, it's only a difference of 2.46%, but just trying to figure out how it calculates the formula.

Donos

This is the first game that my wife and I have truley enjoyed playing together in couch co-op. It is an absolute joy. When it comes to games, we both have alpha personalities and usually end up fighting where to go and what to do but the design of this game is perfect. Thank you holiday sale!

Haha, be glad that your wife plays games at all. All i manged mine to play so far is Spyro on PS2, some Little Big Planet 2 and now some Jak and Daxter on PS3 ("give me something easy with jumping and little button work pls"). She also doesn't like to play with me because i'm constantly yelling at her how to play better :p

Getting her to play D3 coop with me would be heaven.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Another general question, in regards to how the game calculates different sources for stats and adds them together.

Does it just add them, or is it a +/- of the total number/percentage?
Cooldown reduction (and therefore probably also resource cost reduction) are additive in how the reduction values are applied, rather than totaling all values for one net reduction amount. This is done to ensure that having 100% reduction is impossible, and also reduces the efficacy of reduction with more gear that you stack for it.

From here: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...2430-ros-faq-reaper-of-souls-frequently-asked
Cooldown reduction suffers from diminishing returns, the formula is like this: 1-(1-cdr1)*(1-cdr2)*(1-cdr3) and so on. If you have 8% cooldown reduction from paragon, 20% cooldown reduction from skills, and 6% cooldown reduction from an item, your entire cooldown reduction is not 34% but 1-(1-0.08)*(1-0.2)*(1-0.06) = 1-0.69184 = 0.30816 (or 30.816%).

Hobbun

Is there any point in keeping low leveled legendaries for your current class? I am leveling up my crusader and am like 50 or something (already have a 70 demon hunter), and don't even like getting legendaries when this low cause I know it's gonna be useless in 5-10 levels from now, feels like a waste of a legendary if only for mats. Also can legendaries come in every level? Like I could find the same weapon as a level 20 and then a level 70?

johnhandy

Is there any point in keeping low leveled legendaries for your current class? I am leveling up my crusader and am like 50 or something (already have a 70 demon hunter), and don't even like getting legendaries when this low cause I know it's gonna be useless in 5-10 levels from now, feels like a waste of a legendary if only for mats. Also can legendaries come in every level? Like I could find the same weapon as a level 20 and then a level 70?
I was torn on this because it's a hassle at some point to constantly switch gear since leveling is so fast through Adventure Mode. After the second alt character, my rule of thumb is to keep only keep helm with socket (for %exp), weapon with socket (+dmg), and chest with 3 sockets (main stat) to reduce the amount of gear swapping.

Edit: Salvage all blues/yellows and you'll have enough mats to craft gear on demand so you don't have to save any low legendaries. Weapons with reduced level requirements and a red gem are very nice for leveling because they become insanely OP at the lowest possible level you can equip.

Sorry to hear that. Not to rub it in, but actually picked up the Pauldrons yesterday, so have five pieces now (just need the Pants).

Have you tried to gamble? That's how I've found all of mine. I know you can find pieces on drops, but have rarely found set pieces on drops, I've had the most luck with Kadala.

Ugh, I guess that's one way to do it. I've got 180 more bounties left for that particular achievement, so guess I'll go that route to see if I can get any of the Akkan set.

Hobbun

Ugh, I guess that's one way to do it. I've got 180 more bounties left for that particular achievement, so guess I'll go that route to see if I can get any of the Akkan set.

If you want to do the bounties for the achievement, do so. But just to let you know, the best way to get blood shards is through rift runs.

Save up at least 100-200, pick an equipment slot (that you need for Akkan's) and go on a gamble run. Keep hitting it until you hear that loud CHING!, then you know you got a legendary. I think all the equipment slots for Akkan's cost only 5 shards, there may be one that is 10.

I've been pretty successful so far. Not sure exactly how many shards I've gone through, maybe 2000 tops, for all 5 pieces.

Give it a try, hope it works well for you.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
If you want to do the bounties for the achievement, do so. But just to let you know, the best way to get blood shards is through rift runs.

Save up at least 100-200, pick an equipment slot (that you need for Akkan's) and go on a gamble run. Keep hitting it until you hear that loud CHING!, then you know you got a legendary. I think all the equipment slots for Akkan's cost only 5 shards, there may be one that is 10.

I've been pretty successful so far. Not sure exactly how many shards I've gone through, maybe 2000 tops, for all 5 pieces.

Give it a try, hope it works well for you.

Rift runs is where I got all my set pieces of Akkans. Kadala has been mean to me. I hope they give her the buff like they did on PC. Prices will be x5 for item but at least she gives you legendaries.

Donos

I have put probably around 1200 shards into Kadala and only got one set piece out of her and maybe 2-3 rares which were better than the stuff i had :(

h3ro

If anyone on ps4 needs any sader/str based gear, let me know.
Socketed str SOJ or that Furnace ;) lol

Man I love playing Crusader! I had a Blade of Prophecy drop randomly from Kadala so I hope they add seasonal items some how to the console versions so I can try out the Condemn build!

Raptor

Sup D3 friends I put a face to my name lol, so you can know me lol, real pic january baby!!

Will be bakc to D3 in a couple of months maybe.

Raptor

You set me up good with that Akkhans set so thanks man. I'm gonna be farming for the ring of royal grandeur so I start making builds work, so not looking forward to this.

Just farm some Act 1 bounties and by no time you will have the RORG, do it on T6 though :)

Any Xbone saders want to help me out with some Akkan pieces?

And willing to trade for it if necessary. Have an extra Blade of Prophecy with empty socket and some other Legendaries.

JSoup

Banned
Almost lvl. 59, uuuhhhhgggg.
Noted, next season, get in on the leveling early, when everyone and their mother has games set to public.

Krayzie

Sup D3 friends I put a face to my name lol, so you can know me lol, real pic january baby!!

Will be bakc to D3 in a couple of months maybe.

Yo vato!! You look like a cartel member!!
lol just kidding man.

You'll def be bk before next month i'm sure.
I foresee patch 2.1.2 dropping within a few weeks and no way you gonna resist that :)

P.S: Why did you get ass creed unity for man??

Got a question regarding the PS4 version. Is it normal for that version to have some pretty heavy ghosting / screen smearing issues? It looks pretty awful on my TV while other PS4 games don't.

Top Bottom