• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

oSoLucky

Hi D3Gaf

I'm fairly new to the game. I bought D3 at release for PC and my core friends all had a group of 4 already so I mainly played solo and was super bored. I maybe played 4 hours.

Well, I'm giving it another try, this time on ps4. Sometime in the next couple days I shall begin the adventure. I'd like to play with people, especially if anyone is beginning!

PSN is KC_Darkness. Let me know for sure if you want to play soon. Id be willing to help out or make an Alt and run through stuff. I'll be around a lot until Friday when season releases on PC.

Also, 2.4 ready on both consoles.

oSoLucky

I'm about to head out with the wife Genejin, I'll be back in a little while. Wasn't blowing you off. Btw, I've been saving up mats like crazy and buffed up my Wizard. Just blew through a 65 like it was Torment 6. Going to do some cray gem leveling tonight.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The long wait for Saturday afternoon is here. Hooray.

Oh, and the HC dream is dead. Once one goon is out it's relatively impossible to get it back to the same level as the survivors. I can't quit the game fast enough to cheese the death. I mean if someone wants to get me through the other ~50 levels on my living character(s) at some point in the future, swell, but I'm back to not giving a shit about it right now.
If it doesn't exist already, I was thinking about creating a D3-GAF community on PS4. Should I?
Yeah, why not. However, it might prove to be a bit redundant as there's a few of us who are in other D3 groups and I never hear of any interaction among us with the rest of them. Still, no harm in doing so.

jimmypython

OMG is this new to the console version?

rXEb.jpeg

I own both computer and PS4 versions and now I have one less reason to stare at my crappy PC graphics lol.

Geneijin

I'm about to head out with the wife Genejin, I'll be back in a little while. Wasn't blowing you off. Btw, I've been saving up mats like crazy and buffed up my Wizard. Just blew through a 65 like it was Torment 6. Going to do some cray gem leveling tonight.
Ah, just saw your response. It's cool man. Things happen. GR70 was a blast tonight.

Yeah, why not. However, it might prove to be a bit redundant as there's a few of us who are in other D3 groups and I never hear of any interaction among us with the rest of them. Still, no harm in doing so.
Diablo 3 GAF is made. Name wasn't taken (maybe Diablo III GAF was :lol)

I sent it to invite only to keep members strictly from GAF. Send me a PM with your PSN if you want to join or post here, and I'll let you know in the thread when I've sent the invite/added you.

Forgot to search for this thread earlier when I was playing. Subbed, would take an invite for the PS4 community if possible. I'm still a newbie though, got the game last year during the sale near BF but started playing after christmas. My main is a Crusader (SotL) and for now I can solo GR58-60, will probably manage to go further but I need to optimize my rotation.

Thanks.

Pookmunki

I'm playing more now on PS4 - I'd love an invite to the community please!

PSN: Pookmunki

Note I am in the UK so will likely only be able to play with EU folk.

Geneijin

I'm playing more now on PS4 - I'd love an invite to the community please!

PSN: Pookmunki

Note I am in the UK so will likely only be able to play with EU folk.
Invite sent.

As for the whole region thing, yeah, the lag can get to be pretty bad, but I wouldn't rule out playing with others in other regions myself. It's really dependent on who's host and if the other people are other with that. Like if you want to play some D3 right now, we could try it out. I'm from North America.

OMG is this new to the console version?

rXEb.jpeg

I own both computer and PS4 versions and now I have one less reason to stare at my crappy PC graphics lol.

It's the Overwatch wings. Originally it was supposed to be a bonus for buying Overwatch but because of how D3 is handled on consoles, it couldn't be tied to a B.Net account directly, so instead they gave them to everyone on consoles. They made a post about it.

Weird part is it's not available yet on the PC version, only on the console version. I guess because they haven't put into place the checks to see if people preordered or whatever.

It's the Overwatch wings. Originally it was supposed to be a bonus for buying Overwatch but because of how D3 is handled on consoles, it couldn't be tied to a B.Net account directly, so instead they gave them to everyone on consoles. They made a post about it.

Weird part is it's not available yet on the PC version, only on the console version. I guess because they haven't put into place the checks to see if people preordered or whatever.

Huh, I got the wings but my friend I played with last night did not. I own d3 on both console and PC though and have connected to my bnet account. Not sure my friend have done the connection even though he also owns both versions.

Huh, I got the wings but my friend I played with last night did not. I own d3 on both console and PC though and have connected to my bnet account. Not sure my friend have done the connection even though he also owns both versions.

Oh right, you do need to connect it to a Bnet account. The thing is they don't have a way to check if you have Overwatch or whatever via this system, which is why they opted to give it to everyone even if they didn't buy Overwatch. If you tell your friend to link his PSN/Xbox account to a Bnet account(any random one if he doesn't have one), he'll get them too.

Related link:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20420212796

Oh right, you do need to connect it to a Bnet account. The thing is they don't have a way to check if you have Overwatch or whatever via this system, which is why they opted to give it to everyone even if they didn't buy Overwatch. If you tell your friend to link his PSN/Xbox account to a Bnet account(any random one if he doesn't have one), he'll get them too.

Related link:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20420212796

Thanks, yeah he has an battlenet account, he just jumped of the PC upgrade race because of wife & son. Man D3 has been out for a long while I just realized, lol

Love the new patch so far. My current main, an seven sided strike monk is still tearing it up in the new patch. Did a empowered Grift 52 last night just to try it out, with my friends roland Crusader and we smashed it with like 8 minutes to spare.

IbukiLordSA

This patch is amazing, I can solo gr70 with relative ease and have yet to touch my build, I did get an Ancient Dead Mans Legacy last night that dropped with 100% Multishot damage so I am eager to get back into the game to see what impact that has.

Also just saw Manticore buffs, I probably put the most time into the game when I went full Marauder and tried to get the best possible pieces I could so was rather annoyed when it started to under perform with the new sets and bonuses to other sets, I am super happy it got reworked again.

h3ro

This patch is amazing, I can solo gr70 with relative ease and have yet to touch my build, I did get an Ancient Dead Mans Legacy last night that dropped with 100% Multishot damage so I am eager to get back into the game to see what impact that has.

Also just saw Manticore buffs, I probably put the most time into the game when I went full Marauder and tried to get the best possible pieces I could so was rather annoyed when it started to under perform with the new sets and bonuses to other sets, I am super happy it got reworked again.

Are you leaning towards Fire or Physical for your Cluster Arrow build?

I got in a quick T10 rift last night and dropped a nicely rolled ancient Manticore. Still gonna stick with my UE until I have more pieces for the M6.

Also, heads up for DH players in need of new quivers due to the new damage buffs to MS and CA, re-rolling your old quiver in the cube works to add the new damage! Doesn't work for old Dawns and Manticores though.

IbukiLordSA

Are you leaning towards Fire or Physical for your Cluster Arrow build?

Physical, still need the new belt though, got a Manticore last night but not so great so need to do some bounties and see if I can reforge it to something better. Once I have those 2 sorted I will move over to Marauder. Also had an Ancient bombardier drop last night which was great.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Can you guys add me? Online play without hacks would be great.
nortonff

Donos

Mercy's Gaze Wings for my DH are pretty nice. Zone of the Enders style.

These damn rockworms are fucking up my maurauder set challenge every time.....

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm one of the few playing HARDCORE on console.

If you're up for it, add me - my psn id is bitmapfrogs

Please mention on the friend request GAF.

Currently I main a helltooth pet doctor.

IbukiLordSA

Wow, ok shadow mantle set is insane, the amount of toughness this set gets is crazy, I am really enjoying the playstyle of this set. Not sure how viable it is solo but in a group it is great fun to play.

pEmC07dh.jpg

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Can someone help with a good build for my Wizard? Can't even get to GR40.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Anyone on Xbox One? Gamertag is in my profile.

I finally bought it. Let's play together. I've got a Level 70 monk and am leveling up a gem of ease to get a wizard started soon. I'm geared up enough to handle T3 so far. I am in farming mode trying to get some sets going.

XB1 GT: LunaticPuma (for those other than Doge)

Is there an easier way to get the crafting/cube materials other than doing the bounties? I find the bounties really boring.

Guys, I'll cross post this on both Diablo threads to see if I can find some help.

Here's my problem: I'm having trouble getting past GR65 or so, my dps is too low. I can finish it without dying every single time, but I need a good rift to actually get within the time limit. I'm a crusader with the Seeker of the Light set, Blessed Hammer build with Guard of Johanna and Johanna's Argument, Traveler's Pledge + Compass Rose. They are all mostly ancient, real stats, nothing too fancy.

I can farm GR60 without problem, but 64-5+ I'm getting stuck. I know that right now the Invoker set is the new hot stuff, but I wanted to keep my hammerdin, if possible. My Kanai is Furnace/Hammer Jammers/Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac and my skills are Blessed Hammer/Iron Skin/Akarat/Falling Sword/Provoke/Judgement.

EDIT: I'll add what I already posted in the PC thread:

I'll try to put it all together and write it here later, gotta go watch SW again with a friend. For now I can say that my passives are Fervor/Blunt/Finery/Indestructible (thinking about changing this one, but it did save me a few times when I fucked it up). My current gems are Taeguk (50), Bane of the Trapped (56) and Gogok (50), but I'm leveling up Bane of the Stricken to replace Taeguk (maybe, I'm still thinking about it). My Paragon is 451 iirc, and I've seen the new Cube recipe and I'm planning on using it soon, starting with my amulet because IIRC I got a good roll on that one.

oSoLucky

Guys, I'll cross post this on both Diablo threads to see if I can find some help.

Here's my problem: I'm having trouble getting past GR65 or so, my dps is too low. I can finish it without dying every single time, but I need a good rift to actually get within the time limit. I'm a crusader with the Seeker of the Light set, Blessed Hammer build with Guard of Johanna and Johanna's Argument, Traveler's Pledge + Compass Rose. They are all mostly ancient, real stats, nothing too fancy.

I can farm GR60 without problem, but 64-5+ I'm getting stuck. I know that right now the Invoker set is the new hot stuff, but I wanted to keep my hammerdin, if possible. My Kanai is Furnace/Hammer Jammers/Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac and my skills are Blessed Hammer/Iron Skin/Akarat/Falling Sword/Provoke/Judgement.

EDIT: I'll add what I already posted in the PC thread:

Missing Laws of Valor Critical is a lot of damage, which may be made up by HJ(I haven't used them this patch yet). Last patch I could clear 65 with your same setup but Leorics or Sacred Harness for defense in the cube and Valor: Critical. I used Stricken, Trapped and Gogok. I had Finery/Blunt/Holy Cause/Fervor and Indestr. on neck with Unity/Convention though Endless Walk should out damage this. So you have BH damage on Shield, helm and boots? That's a lot of damage right there.

Missing Laws of Valor Critical is a lot of damage, which may be made up by HJ(I haven't used them this patch yet). Last patch I could clear 65 with your same setup but Leorics or Sacred Harness for defense in the cube and Valor: Critical. I used Stricken, Trapped and Gogok. I had Finery/Blunt/Holy Cause/Fervor and Indestr. on neck with Unity/Convention though Endless Walk should out damage this. So you have BH damage on Shield, helm and boots? That's a lot of damage right there.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I have BH damage on Helm and Boots, both max (15% I think). Shield I have to check though, I'm not sure. I used for a long time Valor: Critical, but changed after the new patch. I still use it when I do TX rifts though where the damage reduction from Falling Sword isn't crucial.

Before the new amulet/ring combo I used the same as you did, but mine had Holy Cause as passive.

EDIT: I just re-enchanted everything to maximise DPS on my crusader, gave up on Life on Hit, Indestructable, even VIT sometimes. Managed to complete the GRift that I had problems with 5 minutes to spare, but I'm losing a lot more HP, even died once, something that almost never happened with the old build.

Syntsui

I'm finally up to date with my DH. I'm doing rifts on T4 and I'm almost completing my Marauder Set. I'm having a blast again.

If anyone wants to farm some mats/GRs my PSN is:

andersoncalabro

Cracklox

Patch lured me back in. Anyone up for playing some HC, add me. PSN is the same as here

Took a HC monk from level 1 to running GR45 in about 6 hours yesterday playing solo (I had a few set items waiting at 70, but still needed a few things to make it work) Was able to ding 70 in about 3 hours thanks to big red gems and Ancients with level requirement reduction.

The real surprise was at 70. I had heard monks had been pegged back a little with the latest patch, but with a little thought, I think they're even more devastating. Was able to run 6 set Inna, 2 piece Ulianna, and 2 piece Sunwoko. Cubed a flying dragon, a set of crudest boots and an RROG. The 6 piece Inna bonus doubles with the crudest boots, so you have 10 mystic allies and all their buffs, plus the 50% damage for each ally. I use sweeping wind to keep the damage reduction from the Sunwoko 2 set, and Ulianna to proc EP (ice ruin).

Then its just a case of activating sweeping wind, and holding X. I use fist of lightening basic and with the flying dragon, the Ulianna proc puts out a TONNE of EP's with a Gungdo spreading them even more. I literally don't even need to use the power it procs so much, I just keep it slotted for the ice ruin effect. Some of the chained explosions I was getting were extremely humorous. I was literally facetanking everything, and didn't even bother moving out of a shitstorm of lasers and whatever else in 40+ grifts. Just held X and watched everything die. My main weakness was single target. Rift bosses that didn't have adds that I could explode took a little long to kill, but other then that it was pretty insane. Cleared GR45 with about 8 minutes to spare last night so plenty of room to go further.

I then went and ran a regular t10 rift and died being stupid. I also lost a chicken doc on the weekend in a t9 rift, hunting for 1 more piece of Anachyr to get the 6 set bonus and cause total mayhem. More time and effort went into him and that one hurt more then the monk :(

IbukiLordSA

Little build I threw together after getting some nice drops, still getting use to the build and pushing the wrong buttons as I keep making changes, it's really only for speed farming rift keys and low level greater rifts, gr55, to rank up gems quick for augmentation.

In the video I farm a torment 7 rift since that is the most effective and then halfway through I go into a GR55 for legendaries.

Apparently there is already a build similar to this so it could be more effective, I just threw this one together because I had the items to use. I have completed a gr65 with a few changes to passives and slotting in convention of elements instead of Zodiac but haven't gone higher as I am only really farming with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba2zYgHr_bI

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Grimløck;192603698 said:
totally lost. what 're the cool new stuff to play around with in the new patch? not as much time to play these days.

Impale DH.

For the new page: add me on psn bitmapfrogs for hardcore action, please mention Diablo on the friend request.

I currently main a helltooth pet doctor.

IbukiLordSA

Isn't Impale DH good only in groups and kind of awful solo?

Depends on the build you run, there are 2 different builds, one for solo which incorporates an AOE attack and weapon that increases its damage output for enemy groups and one for group play which drops the AOE in favour of the hatred regen weapon and mark for death.

Solo I can do a gr70 quite easily with Impale DH. Group play I have done a gr78. It's a very different style of gameplay which I think a lot of people won't like as you actually need to think when you play it lol but it's one of the reasons I really enjoy it.

Cracklox

Impale DH.

For the new page: add me on psn bitmapfrogs for hardcore action, please mention Diablo on the friend request.

I currently main a helltooth pet doctor.

I might do when I get on later. With the amount of fast Russian long swords and the like out there, I predominantly play solo, so it'd be nice to have someone to roll with once in a while

I'm a little all over the place with toons at the moment. Have a DH capable of low 40 GR's, and a sader and monk doing high 20's. A couple more pieces of gear for each should see them comfortably in the 40's tho. Also have a Barb at level 58 that I need to finish. Haven't used barbs much at all in all my time with the game, but I'm interested all of a sudden. I also had an unoptimised chicken/pet doc that was a hoot doing 40s, but died a few days ago, that I need to get back. I have a full set of Zuni's stashed that should help with that. And then there's Wiz, which I haven't tried since the patch, but been meaning too.

Much to do. At least I have the 1-70 process (solo) down to about 2 and half hours

Top Bottom