• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you age well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinfamy

Years later, do you feel that age has helped you, or hindered you?

I have gone through phases, a good amount of weight gain, and weight loss also.
Despite my body getting a lot more hairy, I am decently satisfied with how I turned out so far, and I hope I can at least maintain this.

I am definitely a lot more lazy and relaxed now.
I've gone from shaving literally every single day, due to strongly disliking facial hair on myself, to completely embracing and loving it.
I also stopped caring as much about the way my hair looked, as I feel it was a big distraction, constantly touching it, and worrying about the wind and rain, though I still cut it myself.

I decided to imitate an old picture as best as I could, and I specifically chose an over the top picture that I felt summed up pretty well what I mentioned above.

I am 22 now, and in the photo on the left I was 16.
Left: Taken 6 years ago, in 2009.
Right: Taken today.
zByPNnI.jpg

EDIT:
REEE NECROBUMPS

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
besides some godawful dark circles which I suddenly developed when I turned 31, won't go away for shit (pissing me off to no end), I say I look fine for a 35 years old. Had it not been for some white hair on my beard and sideburns it doesn't look like I have aged since 25 or so

Is going through puberty considered aging well? I mean the biggest difference for you was you were a JRPG character in your youth.

I think the minimum age to declare "aging well" is like 30.

I'm only 21, only big difference in me is I was super fat 7 years ago, and my ginger hair was more ginger. I'll see if I can scrap up some pics.

I'm 32.

Not uncommon for a server to have to get their manager to double check my ID.

In some ways I like it, but I feel like it's a detriment to my professional life. I'm often mistaken for "a kid".

Ein Bear

Eh, I think 'aging well' is one of those things you don't start talking about until your 50s. Pretty much everyone looks better in their adulthood than they did in their teen years.

Zombine

Banned
I'm 25, most 20-something's think I'm 21 at most. That's what happens when you work out and avoid the crack diet.

I'm 30 now and look better than I ever have; my face matured very well. My hair is receding a little bit but it's in that distinguished mode so I don't mind. I'm also more confident, friendlier, better spoken, etc. So yeah things are looking up.

My wife has aged like a fine wine.

I’ve aged like a bad cheese.

I’ve put on weight due to an injury and a stressful job with long working hours. My beard makes me look older than I am though, especially with the streaks of grey in it.

highrider

Banned
You look good op. I feel like we've had a few of these threads, but I like your idea of juxtaposing the old/recent pictures in a similar way.

v1lla21

I think so. I'm barely 20 so I don't think I can say much. I am hairy as fuck though. I've also gained a huge amount of weight. Thankfully I've started to go to the gym and eat better which makes me feel great.

Captcha

You're still a baby OP, jeeze.

I was always tall and I am built broadly so I got mistaken for being (usually far) older than I was for the longest time. That settled down around my mid 20s. I think I look around my age now. I don't have any major signs of aging at any rate aside from a couple lines on my forehead, but I think damn near everyone has those. Also, kept my (thick, glorious) hair and my weight is in check which I feel is like 90% of the fight in staying young-looking for men.

I have always felt old and tired, which I put down to neurological damage from a head injury I received when I was 5 years old.

My only vice is that I overeat and don't exercise... which is admittedly quite a big one. However, if I sort that out I may end up feeling better at 30 than I ever did at 20.

JDSN

Banned
The hairline receded a little bit but my hair is magestic as fuck, otherwise I look the same, my friends from highschool look like shit now.

I look the same except for the fact that I have way less time to work out, so u know I gotta deal with slowly dwindling muscle mass. Need a new job.

pel1300

"aging" at 22?? wtf some people are so ignorant.

For white people you shouldn't worry about it until your mid 20s.

For asian people you shouldn't worry about it until your late 20s/early 30s.

dbztrk

You look hotter at 22.

I think I have aged terribly. My forehead is getting crowded and my hairline has receded.

Me at 18 and now (33).

I'd like to think time has been kind to me, though I'm sure it will catch up...

Well done man. Nearly identical.

Classy.
The full bear with moustache ads a lot more character.

You look like a handsome gentleman in the recent photo but a total douchecanoe in your old photo......so I would say yes.

Thanks and yeah I was definitely a dick.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
10400714_131558825037_2524_n.jpg

39417_10150339491040038_2556910_n.jpg

Me at 19

10849983_10154950961875038_6309652948169417264_n.jpg

10171055_10154788613250038_1239939001932810788_n.jpg

Me now at 24 (25 in May)

I think my face/body is definitley a lot better and still got my youth and good hair.

soepje

I got a little chubbier :p But to be honest, it would also look strange if i still had the same weight as i did 10 years ago.

Laieon

Me at 5:
uLLcoYV.jpg

1Me at 15ish:
plUant7.jpg

Me at 24:
WkR2RVi.jpg
0sXWdtA.jpg

Maybe, just maybe, I'll look like I'm in my 20s by the time I'm in my 30s.

OP, you have great hair. I love the Punk/Final Fantasy hair!

I have no idea how I've aged. I think it's difficult to pinpoint. Even if you age great for 10-20 years, it might suddenly be that 10 years make you 30 years older. It's so different from everyone.

It reminds me of the Asian woman comic

So I've decided not to really think about it that much:9

I'm only 27, but I'm pretty sure I look much better now than I ever have. I think from my teens into my early/mid 20's I was always just awkward-looking. Nowadays I'm pretty goddamned handsome if I do say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom