• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you age well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young.jpg

Old.jpg

I workout, I feel healthy - sure I eat shitty sometimes, but I'm cool with how I look.

Mz2NTV5.png

17 (time of Senior photo), 33 on the right(taken today). Closer to 15 years difference than 16. I've put on some weight since then and I didn't shave today...so I look a bit scraggly. Plus over the past week I got some blemishes on my face...3 pimples on my forehead and something under my left eye as well. Usually look better.

Not that you can really call it "aging well" before like 40-50 (more like maturing well, if anything), but only recently did I start to see myself as finally looking like an adult, then last night I shaved my beard completely because of a new job and found a 14 year old me hiding under it. It takes a lot for me to start getting a little self conscious, but right now I'm straight embarrassed to go out.

btrboyev

People in their early to mid 20's shouldn't be posting pics imo. You don't start seeing much aging until your late 20's and mid 30's.

I was teaching a little while ago sans beard and I was asked for my hall pass by security.

So....I guess? I don't look like am adult yet unless I have a solid scruff going on.

I'm 30.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Age 18:

10665129_10202705240487197_8975030337376673876_n.jpg

23:

539213_4732997157919_1718548707_n.jpg

25:

10441029_10202952721834076_3333034790124759812_n.jpg

Last week:

thumbnail-6752.jpg

I look older, I feel older, and I know it. I work out every day and try to eat healthy, but you can't fight stress and a two year illness. That said, it could be a lot worse. At least I didn't get addicted to meth or something.

Fliesen

i always looked far younger than my age.
made me a late bloomer at a lot of things. But I'm pretty okay with that now. I guess you'll really appreciate this once you turn 40.

i might be able to grow a full beard by the time i'm 63...

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I am 22 now, and in the photo on the left I was 16.
Left: Taken 6 years ago, in 2009.
Right: Taken today.
http://i.imgur.com/zByPNnI.jpg
Is that the shirt?

Me at 13:

Me at 16:

Me at 19:

I grew a beard.
In the first one, the bird almost looks like it's part of your hair.

Sorry for tiny avatar sizes.
18:
SUuffCK.png

24:
5NFeUQr.png
It's like you were completely androgynous and now you're just another dude.

this is me at prom

all that hair's gone
Reminds me of one of those pictures they put in front of the casket in Asian funerals.

NekoFever

I think I've done reasonably well so far. I'm 29 but still get asked for ID when buying 18+ stuff. I've still got my hair and I was fat when I actually was 18, whereas I'm in good shape now.

Kangi

I've looked 16 for a good seven years now, so I suppose I'm on the right track.

Maybe I'll stop getting asked what high school I go to once I'm in my 30s...

Skittles

I didn't think any women on GAF would post pictures of themselves, what a surprise. I'm only 21, so I don't qualify for this yet. Hopefully my white half doesn't mess up the "black don't crack" saying. :(

Piano

Banned
Age 15:

Age 18:

Age 23:

Age 26:

Age 30:

Age 32: (a few weeks ago, I suck at selfies)

I don't think so, I look like a mom. I know I am a mom, but damn, I used to look good. I wish I knew how good I looked back then lol.

Maybe I'm just bad at seeing continuities but it looks less like you aged and more like you are six different people who are all related.

i always looked far younger than my age.
made me a late bloomer at a lot of things. But I'm pretty okay with that now. I guess you'll really appreciate this once you turn 40.

i might be able to grow a full beard by the time i'm 63...

So far you've gotten better with age. Update us at 35 and 40.

Anteater

Szu wins, dude aged backwards

only thing fiction's pics are telling me is that she needs a better photographer (other than age32)

if they're selfies then I apologize.

Fitts

A year ago I would've said yes. Last February, I was in a car accident in which I was ran off the road and head on into a light pole. (at least the guy stopped and took full responsibility) After the past year of chiropractic appointments, physical therapy, lost sleep, and depression I look and feel like I've aged a decade.

So fuck no. But at least I'm getting back in the gym to work toward something better.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
A year ago I would've said yes. Last February, I was in a car accident in which I was ran off the road and head on into a light pole. (at least the guy stopped and took full responsibility) After the past year of chiropractic appointments, physical therapy, lost sleep, and depression I look and feel like I've aged a decade.

So fuck no. But at least I'm getting back in the gym to work toward something better.
God damn, sorry to hear that. Keep up with the gym and take care of yourself and you should bounce back at least a bit.

Sinfamy

Pat

I'm not sure honestly. My hair has lost so much density in the past two years, it's ridiculous.

The pictures are respectively when I had 19, 23 and 27 years old (last November).

8kVpqg.jpg

Sami+

In the first one, the bird almost looks like it's part of your hair.

Lol yeah it's my favorite thing about the photo. It's like a perfect storm of terrible things came together to make the worst photo I've ever had taken of me. Used to be really insecure about it getting out but now I just find it hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom