• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you ever 1CC a game at the arcade?

I always wanted to 1CC a beat 'em up like TMNT or Simpsons, but those things are designed quarter munchers.

Play like Rufus in SF4 and just divekick everywhere, older beat-em-ups can't handle that shit haha.

I have 1CC a lot of beat-em-ups but a lot of them were on emulators like MAME because finding an actual machine is rare these days. In an actual arcade, I have 1CC MVC1 and MVC2. I 2cc Time Crisis 2 before, I think I can eventually get it down to 1 CC because I messed up at the last stage with all the rocket launchers...

edit: Also like the poster above me, I 1 CC Megaman Power Fighters with my brother when I was in elementary school. Game is pretty easy and I'm sure I can do it solo.

more edit: Expanding this list because some of these other posts reminded me of stuff. I 1CC Soul Calibur 1 and 2 in the arcade.

GhaleonEB

I haven't played arcade games in a long while, but I could finish the original Shinobi arcade, Heavy Barrel, and House of the Dead on one credit, when I was younger.

Kasper

I used to be really, really good at Time Crisis 2. I can't quite remember if I was good enough to do it on just a single coin, but it was close at least. Other than that I never really played other arcade games as obsessively, aside from my love for DDR, which I'm not even all that good at.

X-Men Vs. Street Fighter is the only game I've ever been able to consistently do this with. Rogue/Cammy all day, erry day.

I remember there being a guy that would always roll up to the MvC1 machine at my local pizza shop and 1CC the game using Roll and another filler character.

Gren

I've only ever been able to 1cc fighting games, which for the most part, are *generally* not that hard unless the arcade operator has jacked the difficulty to the max.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I haven't played arcade games in a long while, but I could finish the original Shinobi arcade

How long did it take you to suss out you got bonus points for only melee attacks and not throwing a shiriken? A friend and I played the game religiously till we 1cc'd it then one day when we saw Shinobi in another part of the city we noticed the highest score was a few hundred thousand higher than our best. Once we found out the secret we ended up relearning the entire game from scratch till we could 1cc it. I think from memory excluding boss stages there was only a couple that were impossible to do.

Fitts

Time Crisis series

First post nailed it. I love Time Crisis, but memorization of enemy placement happens fairly quickly. Still, 2 may be my favorite arcade game of all time and I have great memories of riding my bike to the arcade as a kid and feeding tokens to whoever jumped in to co-op with me.

N30RYU

Jurassic Park: The Lost World
lost-world-theater.jpg

Me and a friend always played this waiting for a movie in an arcade near the cinema... Most of the times we leaved the game or let us be killed 'cause it was time for the movie to start.

Mat Mania. The old arcade wrestling game in which you had to defeat Insane Warrior, Karate Fighter, Coco Savage, The Pirania and Blues Bloody. No, never heard of Golden Hulk.

Mostly just fighting games. For a good stretch of the 90s that's practically all I played(KI-KI2, MK3/UMK3, Marvel, etc.

I 1CCed/1-lifed a Darius 1 machine, but that was at a local gamestore.

I didn't get into playing-for-1CC until I discovered MAME.

(Even now I'm still not much good)

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, when I was visiting England no less. It must've been turned down, because Cyber-Akuma was cheater-tier in the home version I'd played before, so I'd expected to get destroyed by him.

Think I did it with Marvel vs Capcom a bit. I played it a lot on my college campus, and got really good at cheesing the final bosses. Honestly, Hulk was harder in that game than the boss sometimes.

Basically all the fighting games; I was a beast back in the day. Dragon's Lair, Space Ace. I used to reset Centipede, Millipede, and Robotron several times in a row; always had the high score at my arcade, and if someone beat it we would do battle, with everyone watching. Those were the days, lol!

Daknight

Me and my friend did waverunner (sega arcade were you seat in a giant boat and row). I remember the end felt epuc 'Row for your life!!! The whirlpool is going to kill us!!'. Great times :p

I made it to level 4 on Ikaruga when I was in Japan some years ago. It's doubly a miracle because I've never done that on the console versions. I usually need a few warmup games.

Accoun

- Time Crisis 2
- Dynamite Cop 2
- maybe Outrun 2 (don't remember, but I think so)

Now that I think of it, if fighting games count, I think I've beaten Tekken Tag Tournament.

eso76

Bubble bobble
Strider (could finish it without dying, but parts of the final stage were a bit random)
Double Dragon (also with a single life, but resorting to the elbow exploit) duh, same as OP
Contra/Gryzor
Super Contra
Most fighters
Haunted Castle

Made it to the final stage in Parodius.

Something else probably

Edit:
Double Dragon 2 (elbow didn't work there though)
Combat School
Forgotten Worlds (2p coop only though)
POW

So many quarters..

Never though Metal Slug games could be beaten with 1cc

A lot of fighting games yeah. Capcom ones specially. Mk was the hardest cause you have to cheese the AI.input reading is strong in Mk.

metal slug 3 .

Managed a 2 live run ( 1CC = 3 lives )

But before getting to that level of skill i spent a LOT OF MONEY playing MS3

Jockel

Arcade PCBs I 1CC'd:

DeathSmiles
Batsugun Special
Karous
Mushihimesama Original
Mushihimesama Futar Ver 1.5 Original
Battle Bakraid Normal Course
Battle Garegga Normal Course

These are the first ones I could think of.
I need to play more shooters again.

Darius Burst Another Chronicle
Bust A Move

Not sure if these should count:

Street Fighter III: Third Strike
KOF XIII
Melty Blood Act Cadenza
Chaos Code
TGM3 Standard Mode

I need to play on arcade cabinets more.

Did it one time with a MvC2 arcade machine back when I was a kid.

Apparently the AI didn't know what to do with spamming buttons, because that's how I managed to pull it off.

a lot of

Black Tiger
Side Arms
Shinobi
King of Dragons
Golden Axe (it has only 1 life and 2 hp bars only on my arcade:)
tons of 2d figthters
and many more

couldnt 1CC Knights of the Round because of stupid settings in my arcade (1 life, highest difficulty)

SOME-MIST

Progear

I actually hold the record at GGA for it - they say it's a world record but they use aurcade and the actually WR holders have my score beat by about 200mil+. I actually own the PCB and play it frequently tho (is that cheating?). I have a list of my 1CCs but none of them were in arcades like Progear... but on my cab/supergun instead.

correojon

Metal Slug (not sure if 1 or 2), Street Fighter 2 and KOF'99. Though I could only beat them after extensively playing them at home.

Edit: Oh yeah and Megaman The Power Battle.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Bubble bobble
Strider (could finish it without dying, but parts of the final stage were a bit random)
Double Dragon (also with a single life, but resorting to the elbow exploit) duh, same as OP
Contra/Gryzor
Super Contra
Most fighters
Haunted Castle

Made it to the final stage in Parodius.

Something else probably

Edit:
Double Dragon 2 (elbow didn't work there though)
Combat School
Forgotten Worlds (2p coop only though)
POW

So many quarters..

Never though Metal Slug games could be beaten with 1cc

In another time we would've been great friends. :)

kungfuian

I honestly have no idea how this is even possible. I play this game all the time and it's brutally hard.

I literally memorized every step of that game. I'd play as far as I could with one quarter then start from the beginning to maximize my playtime. I only ever did it once and consider it one of my crowning game achievements.

alcheim

First one I ever finished with 1cc was the Darkstalkers 2, and the Samurai Showdown 2, then SF2. From then on, it was mostly other fighting games, and rhythm games like drummania and guitar freaks.

I never really saw the point of continuing by adding another credit since I felt that I wasn't getting my money's worth if I didnt start from the beginning.

I've nearly 1cc'ed Gigawing, and Dodonpachi, but I always ran out of ships at the last boss. Arcades were fun back then.

eso76

In another time we would've been great friends. :)

Well, you do have a Shenmue avatar :)

Yeah it appears we were playing a lot of the same games. Spent way too much time in the arcades between 1986 and 1996, but man I'm glad I didn't miss those years.

Top Bottom