• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you ever 1CC a game at the arcade?

VariantX

I have only been able to do it in fighters. SFII(must have been set to easy when I did), SF3:NG, Marvel Superheroes, Marvel vs Capcom, MVC2, Tekken 2, T3, and TTT.

I will never understand how people can 1CC Capcom arcade beat em ups...

Linn in AVP is actually the easiest character to 1cc. Her handgun is actually the best out of all the characters. She also has a glitch where if she empties the clip mid air, she can cancel her reload on the gun by firing again, which means she is a non stop party with that pistol. She also has easy wave clear if you hold the punch button to get a chi blast, you can combo that off her slide, into her sword swipe, and let go into chi blast to clear a lot of things easy. Also she has a godlike air throw if you pop anyone off their feet. The Predators have pretty sick combos, but they are less safer than her because they usually have to go hand to hand and some aliens have pretty wicked hitboxes on their tails. So in other words, if you want to beat the game as safe as possible, just jump and shoot em up as Linn.

edit: It might sound cheesy certain ways how people beat these games but PLAY TO WIN! Those suckas want to take your money, don't let them have it easy.

RustyO

tumblr_mcd0yoYCXj1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

1 quarter with this beast of a woman. She has so many moves and options in this game.

I think one of the Predators has an easier time, but she's so much more fun to play.

My peoples. She's an absolute weapon.

Last time I 1'cc'ed this was in Tokyo.

Yeah, one of the Predators (Hunter? Spear one) has the spammy rolling move, seemed to be who/what the locals used based on what I saw.

m310

Neo Member
Here's a list of my arcade 1cc's:
Metal Slug 1(no miss)/ Metal Slug X/ Metal Slug 5
Armored Warriors
Virtua Fighter 1
Rayforce
Sunset Riders(1-all)
Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa(2-all)
Contra/Super Contra
Vampire Savior
The House of the Dead 1/2
Mega Man: The Power Fighters

GamerJM

Banned
I think I 1CCed Puzzle Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 but I can't really remember

I definitely 1CCed Streets of Rage 2 but that's not an arcade game

And of course lots and lots of rhythm games

Pachinko

I had a single credit in either NY or LA machine guns once that I never finished using out of boredom if that counts. I think I made like halfway through before I gave up.

I don't think I've done it at an arcade, but 1CCing the Simpsons is pretty damn easy once you realize the absurd power of hitting both buttons at once.

I managed an arcade for about 6-7 years, so by the end of my time there I was able to one shot most any game that had en end to it.

Some games were just a ton of fun to do a one-off on, especially when you have a crowd watching, such as;

• Original Mortal Kombat (no cheese moves ;P) pretty much every time by the end.
  • MK2
  • Outrun
  • Outrunners
  • Space Harrier
  • Outzone

Space Harrier was my all time fav to 1 shot. That game was awesomely hard looking, so people impressed when you beat it. Meanwhile, it is just all about memorizing the patterns.

Outzone! I love that game!
It was one of the most played ones at the arcade in my hood. I became so good at that game that I 1cc-ed it 3 times in a row! & you should know/remember that the game becomes harder after the 1st end. Enemy bullets become faster. I did game over at the 5th stage of the 4th end..can't really explain the madness!! of the difficulty, everybody in the arcade was surrounding me watching intensely & all silent. Lol unforgettable!

No, I was terrible at fighting games for the most part, and they made up the majority of games at the arcades I lived close to.

I enjoyed playing them, however, button mashing and all.

Back in the days, starting from 1993 (6 years old) when I was introduced to my 1st arcade game ever Street Fighter 2, till around 2005, Arcade centers were a big thing in my country, Albania. We used to have a lot of arcades having a large amount of recent games at the time,& I got to play most of the best.
Except Fighting games which I was some kind of a Prodigy Kid (since 6 years old at sf2) lol, I've 1CC-ed:

Outzone (3 times in a row, as the game kept going on repeat after the ending, but CRAZY Harder)
Sunset Riders
Cadillac & Dinosaurs
Punisher
Metal Slug 1
Snow Bross
Silent Dragon
X-Men
Shock Troopers 1
Pleasure Goal & countless others I don't remember.
There was a puzzle game whose name I forgot.
Basically like Miss World '96 Nude, but no uncensored stuff, the game was ridiculously fun & after finishing it, the game would give a free Credit to restart the game on a higher difficulty. So if one would have nothing else to do, that game was the solution. Play till u get tired..
Good 'ol times :(

street fighter 2

when i finished it the guy who owned the arcade used to open the cabinet and click me a free credit, but i had to use a different character each time i finished it

great times

Nyx

Tekken 3, used King's grapple combo's and finished the game with 1 credit everytime.

And Rolling Thunder, played it so much that I knew exactly where all enemies were so I could finish the game with just 1 credit too.

Rolling_Thunder_(arcade_version).png

Sometimes I got a small crowd when doing that, felt good! (I was 10-12 years old or so)

Snow Bros was the one for me. The game looped with no increase in difficulty and I earned more lives than I lost, so in theory I could play indefinitely. :) One loop was plenty so I used to hand the game to the next kid in queue (they were, as you can imagine, happy about that).

qko

No, the closest was the Simpson Arcade game on 3 credits. Don't know if having 4 players would count either.

Edit: didn't know fighting games counted. In that case, Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition with Sagat and Saturday Night Slam Masters.

hesido

I never was able to finish an arcade game, let alone finish with 1cc.

I have never been that good at games. :\

I bow to your excellence.

Got very good on Aliens and Moonwalker to one coin them and also used to on Street Fighter 2 with Ryu and Chun Li.

Since the PCBs have difficulty switches, it can vary wildly from a cruise to no fucking chance

Games like Ghost n Goblins, Green Beret were tough on the settings I played, as was Wonderboy.

Bubble Bobble was incredible on a two player and could be done, those final stages were a rush back then. The sounds of that game are ingrained in my brain.

Double Dragon when I was rather young. That's about it. Had the high score at the local arcade. They used to keep/post a list of the #1 high score for each game so even if the machines were turned off your score was preserved.

Peltz

Sadly, no. The closest I've ever gotten was Metal Slug in 2 credits.

*Hangs head in shame and backs out of the room*

zmet

Not many. Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Strider, and Power Drift are all I can remember 1CC. 1CC GNG was awesome because I had a small crowd around me to cheer me on.

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, which isn't really a huge accomplishment.

I can do Final Fight at home on a controller, but always seem to choke on an actual machine, which is hard to find now anyway. Last time I saw one was in Tokyo.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Gain Ground. This game is meant to be 1CC'd once you're good at it, though, so no big deal.

I can also play Gauntlet indefinitely on one quarter as either the elf or the wizard. We took shifts on it once kept the game going for 3+ days on one quarter. Could have kept going, just got tired. :)

leng jai

Used to 1CC Time Crisis 2 and Virtua Tennis 2 all the time back in the day. Success rate depends on which arcade it is since a lot of them had the difficulties/settings different.

HonMirin

Snow Brothers, SFII, Killer Instinct, Final Fight, Hang On, OutRun, Time Crisis 2.

Killer Instinct was one of my faves. Best rush when the cabinet is packed and everyone is watching as you land that final blow. Have never finished it since. And I am ok with that.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Killer Instinct was one of my faves. Best rush when the cabinet is packed and everyone is watching as you land that final blow. Have never finished it since. And I am ok with that.
This guy knows what's up. Then after you beat it, you have to flip the power switch on back to restart the cab cause so many people are waiting there's no time to wait for the credits roll.

Good times.

PureYeti

Capcom vs SNK 2
Megaman the Power Battle
Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Soul Calibur II
Super Sidekick 3 (Asia Division)
Tekken Tag Tournament

Almost one credit was
Neo Bomberman *Yourself is the true enemy :(*

Then here are the bootleg arcades

King of Fighters 2002 Magic Plus II
Metal Slug 6 (Metal Slug 3 bootleg)
SNK vs Capcom Chaos Plus

big_erk

I've never 1cc'd a game in the arcade, but I did have a friend who would routinely roll-over Defender at our local bowling alley. It always became an event. Everyone would gather as he got closer to rolling the score and once he did, he would "drop the mic" and go home.

Timu

Snow Brothers, SFII, Killer Instinct, Final Fight, Hang On, OutRun, Time Crisis 2.

Killer Instinct 1 is hard as hell!!!

Seriously? How?

You can 1CC the original Metal Slug with a couple of days of practice. There are only a couple of tough spots once you're familiar with the levels. The game requires very little dodging if you plan it all out. Bosses can be "skipped" by stockpiling grenades and throwing them while in the Metal Slug tank.

Metal Slug 3 though, that one's impossible. =)

Top Bottom