• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

look at these jokers

announcing their big press event months in advance

hahahahahahaha

aCowDYr.gif

sphinx

the piano man
close this damn thread already,

a bunch of "look! something moved on twitter/FB/SocialMedia!! IT'S HAPPENING!!111"

Randomizer

close this damn thread already,

a bunch of "look! something moved on twitter/FB/SocialMedia!! IT'S HAPPENING!!111"
It makes the wait even harder seeing any NX related thread bumped! Honestly unless there is a new credible rumour or an announcement date, no threads should be allowed. Speculating is entertaining but it is clearly driving some of you insane.

hatchx

Banned
I agree they are unpredictable, but..

this time they changed even their behaviour
third party silence is outstanding, so worrysome
some of the timing seem weird and suspect
blue ocean strategy could be really dangerous in a mobile landscape nowadays

I am not so confident about them being able or ready to launch a coherent and cohesive product like the Wii

Am I the only one who remembers the Wii's first year as rather lackluster?

Outside of Excite Trucks and Wii Sports, the first year was dominated by GameCube carry-overs like Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess. I can't remember a single high quality third party game hitting the Wii the first year outside of Zak and Wiki and RE4. Mario Galaxy finished off the Wii's first year nicely, but that was the ONLY big holiday '07 game outside of...Umbrella Corps?

The console branding and controller caught the masses, but the Wii didn't hit it's stride until 2008-2010 if you ask me. Then it fell off a cliff.

I don't think they can afford to have a weak first year like the Wii or the WiiU. The Wii atleast sold a bazillion units, but I really don't think it was quality core software that drove those sales.

I think the NX delays and silence are so Nintendo can really blast out the gates and carry the console for the first 18 months. That's why I'm personally excited for the grand reveal, I expect to see a slew of franchises and in-house developed AAA titles to hit the console in the first year. F-Zero included.

L Thammy

Question. Has anyone with "Ninten" or "Nintendo" in their username ever been right?
Not just about NX leaks, I mean about anything.

I do feel like there's a lot of Nintenleakers recently, Nintendoubted, Happy Nintendo, Nintex if you want to stretch it. Maybe I'm weird, but I can't help but feel like it's already a point against them if they don't have a normal username like Crazy Buttocks on a Train or something.

Malus

Outside of Excite Trucks and Wii Sports, the first year was dominated by GameCube carry-overs like Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess. I can't remember a single high quality third party game hitting the Wii the first year outside of Zak and Wiki and RE4. Mario Galaxy finished off the Wii's first year nicely, but that was the ONLY big holiday '07 game outside of...Umbrella Corps?

The console branding and controller caught the masses, but the Wii didn't hit it's stride until 2008-2010 if you ask me. Then it fell off a cliff.

I don't think they can afford to have a weak first year like the Wii or the WiiU. The Wii atleast sold a bazillion units, but I really don't think it was quality core software that drove those sales.

I think the NX delays and silence are so Nintendo can really blast out the gates and carry the console for the first 18 months. That's why I'm personally excited for the grand reveal, I expect to see a slew of franchises and in-house developed AAA titles to hit the console in the first year. F-Zero included.

Man that sounds great right now.

sphinx

the piano man
It makes the wait even harder seeing any NX related thread bumped! Honestly unless there is a new credible rumour or an announcement date, no threads should be allowed. Speculating is entertaining but it is clearly driving some of you insane.

to be fair, it's not just gaf,

just google "NX nintendo" or anything like that and there's a bunch of ridicuous, bullshit articles.

I think a sole "we'll adress thar this year" would calm everyone down but the silence makes people think this is going to be delayed again and all the eurogamer/emily rogers leaks just add fuel to the fire.

no E3 2016 + Silence + Pseudo Rumors + Legit Rumors = HELL

Uncalled for.

I defended you when you decided to become an insider and you made me feel like an even bigger fool than I usually do so I'm going to throw you under the bus every chance I get. You aren't a shit-tier person like Nintendoubted, I'd say your like SMD64 only with a spine, but you still annoy the shit out of me due to keeping up this insider facade.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Wii's first year also had Metroid Prime 3. Also I personally had a lot of fun with Mario Strikers Charged. Warioware was also the perfect party game and I had so much fun with it. I enjoyed Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Those plus the games you mentioned made the Wii's first year pretty killer for me.

Malus

Wii's first year also had Metroid Prime 3. Also I personally had a lot of fun with Mario Strikers Charged. Warioware was also the perfect party game and I had so much fun with it. I enjoyed Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Those plus the games you mentioned made the Wii's first year pretty killer for me.

God what a fucking great year.

Sonic and the Secret Rings was...not very good at all from what I recall but to each their own.

Wii's first year gave us from Nintendo alone:

- Twilight Princess
- Wii Sports (like it or not, it was a revolutionary game and playing it for the first time was a big deal)
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves
- Super Paper Mario
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Metroid Prime 3
- Mario Strikers Charged
- Battalion Wars 2
- Mario Galaxy
- Wii Fit (see Wii Sports)

And if you extend just a few months more, we got Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. And this isn't even going into the Virtual Console having excellent momentum (3 games a week) for that first year.

Wii came roaring out of the gate and was supplemented by the excellent DS. That time period was a fantastic time to be a Nintendo fan.

Banned
I defended you when you decided to become an insider and you made me feel like an even bigger fool than I usually do so I'm going to throw you under the bus every chance I get. You aren't a shit-tier person like Nintendoubted, I'd say your like SMD64 only with a spine, but you still annoy the shit out of me due to keeping up this insider facade.
Wew.

Mario
Zelda
Metroid
Wii Sports
Launch of the Virtual Console
Plus a half dozen or so other first-party games, a few of which were also multi-million sellers for Nintendo

All in the same year.

From a first-party software perspective, any given year in Nintendo's history has sucked compared to Wii's first year.

MCN

Banned

I think you need to stop playing video games for a while. You're taking them way too personally.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Mario
Zelda
Metroid
Wii Sports
Launch of the Virtual Console
Plus a half dozen or so other first-party games, a few of which were also multi-million sellers for Nintendo

All in the same year.

From a first-party software perspective, any given year in Nintendo's history has sucked compared to Wii's first year.
OH YEAH THE FUCKING VIRTUAL CONSOLE!

God that shit was so exciting at the time. As someone that grew up with Sega and Sony consoles instead of Nintendo, the virtual console was such a cool way to dive in to Nintendos classic lineup. It was really cool to me. Plus I could get my Mega Drive nostalgia on which was cool.

God I loved the Wii especially in that first year.

maxcriden

Do you still believe?

Just saw this post, sorry. I thought there was a very small chance it would (unfortunately IMO) be true, still, since one of the translators said they weren't completely certain it was BS, but your post and the one reminding me Matt essentially debunked it now have me thinking it's highly unlikely. It wouldn't be the first time a leak was presented as a joke but, hopefully it is not true. Thanks for the quotes!

I miss the Everybody Votes channel. I used to use that every day.

This is now a Wii nostalgia thread.

That little jingle on the Internet Channel will never not make me feel a certain kind of way.

It was clunky as hell but man oh man, that was my first experience watching Youtube videos on a TV and my brother and I would goof off with it so much.

Also going on the Forecast Channel's little globe menu, zooming out all the way and spinning the earth while that music played... Gutted when they shut that down.

yyr

It is common for the first year of a console to be lackluster. See: almost every console. I stood dumbfounded as people flocked to get PS2, PS3 and then PS4 in their first years, when their launch libraries were hardly exciting, save for a few decent games.

But that won't fly this time. Nintendo has too much to prove with the NX, and they need to prove it right from the starting line.

They need to somehow convince us to buy a so-called "portable" system that--if the rumors are true--is way too big to ever fit into a pocket, AND to convince us that we should hook up yet another box to our TV while knowing full well that it will not be our primary gaming platform, because it's not powerful enough to play the prettiest new games.

They need to convince us that the investment into another new hardware platform that may or may not give us anything to play beyond Nintendo's own software will actually be worth it.

They need to make a compelling and convincing argument that they shouldn't just go 3rd party and publish their games on other companies' hardware--which they are already starting to do with Super Mario Run.

We saw what happened with Wii U. Gamers weren't convinced by the launch lineup. Sales of 3rd party games were lackluster, so they left, leaving Nintendo as the only developer worth owning a Wii U for, and their slow trickle of games wasn't enough for any but their most dedicated fans.

At this point, the hardware specs and design barely matter. They're not announcing them. Who cares? In the end, it's all going to come down to two things: the launch library and the price. If those launch games don't kick all kinds of ass, or the price is at or above the Wii U's price (as in, too high), the NX is going to follow in the Wii U's footsteps. Mark my words.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Fav console of all time

The motion control alone blew my mind back in the day.
The first time playing Wii Sports. Oh man.

Wii is also probably the most excited I've ever been for a system pre release. I was losing my damn mind from hype.

I also lost my very first girlfriend around this time. I'm pretty sure that was unrelated though. Pretty sure. Wouldnt be surprised if my insane Wii hype didn't help drive her away. But who cares. THE FUCKING WII WAS COMING OUT.

udivision

Mild official statements plus no leak = no games in development

I feel like that's like worrying about whether the NX will be less powerful than the Scorpio.

"Lack of Third Party Support" is such a forgone conclusion, it's best not to waste time on it IMO.

Malus

Wii is also probably the most excited I've ever been for a system pre release. I was losing my damn mind from hype.

I also lost my very first girlfriend around this time. I'm pretty sure that was unrelated though. Pretty sure. Wouldnt be surprised if my insane Wii hype didn't help drive her away. But who cares. THE FUCKING WII WAS COMING OUT.

I was a gamer before the Wii and played lots of PS2, but it was my first real experience with Zelda and 3D Mario, and it made me a huge Nintendo fan from that point on. If the NX can somehow surpass the Wii's first party supposrt I'll be elated.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I feel like that's like worrying about whether the NX will be less powerful than the Scorpio.

"Lack of Third Party Support" is such a forgone conclusion, it's best not to waste time on it IMO.
For once I don't even care about third party support that much. AAA games interest me so little these days so not much will be missed. As long as the Nintendo lineup is good and the indie support is there I'm happy. Ubisoft are about the only third party I do still care about though so I do hope we see good Ubisoft support out of the gate.

Kyzer

Banned

are you me?

L Thammy

I'm starting to lose hope. I have this sinking feeling that the NX will not render me immortal and it won't come with a coupon for a free Kirby blowjob. Help me GAF.

Man I just want to talk about games. I know there was a mention some guy said FFVI remake was happening on Neogaf? What if that was true and shown off at the reveal?

Square Enix finally finished the N64 version.

Man I just want to talk about games. I know there was a mention some guy said FFVI remake was happening on Neogaf? What if that was true and shown off at the reveal?

I think you need to stop playing video games for a while. You're taking them way too personally.

I think you need to stop playing doctor because this has nothing to do with video games and if I actually took 10k's buffoonery personal, I'd have a lot more to say (I didn't chose this username just because I love Alice in Chains). If 10k can't take harmless jokes that's his problem.

orioto

Good Art™

I don't know about that. No FFVI remake could make me happy i think. it will never be what it was.

Something way more hype and sale efficient would be a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger with amazing cell shading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom