• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's gotta be a Simpsons gif or pic for this. Someone get this thread back on track.

Not quite what you asked for, but that reminds me...

805387.jpg

806404.jpg

810175.jpg

812861.jpg

Leaving out the knife part because I don't wanna be accused of inciting anything...

Alebrije

USS Entergaf , Captains Log:

been thinking about send fake information about NX to the crew, yes it would be false but could keep their moral for some weeks. I won't harm anyone and happiness will return to the ship.

The NX variants are the major topic discussed by the crew , the last blueprint left us a lot of doubts, blame the Federation for let it leak, or maybe was just a cotrolled leak to see how we respond.

starfleet-vessel-enterprise-nx-01-sheet-16.jpg

Soon or later people will get tired of those silly cartoons and their hunger for news will return , need to do something.

LOG TERMINATED

AmyS

I was under the impression that Nintendo had announced Zelda: Breath of the Wild for March 2017, along with the NX.

But apparently that isn't true, Zelda is just "2017", and only the NX itself is "March 2017" officially.

Correct me if I'm mistaken.

udivision

I was under the impression that Nintendo had announced Zelda: Breath of the Wild for March 2017, along with the NX.

But apparently that isn't true, Zelda is just "2017", and only the NX itself is "March 2017" officially.

This is correct.

You are right. Many people still hold the assumption that Zelda is a launch title, probably because Twilight Princess made a precedent. If Nintendo announces that Zelda is not the launch title, it is very likely that many people will be pissed.

You are right. Many people still hold the assumption that Zelda is a launch title, probably because Twilight Princess made a precedent. If Nintendo announces that Zelda is not the launch title, it is very likely that many people will be pissed.
I mean it makes sense. Why have the biggest game ever not launch with your next gen system?

Lutherian

It is true and I'm a little worried about this. If it's not a launch title, then... we know absolutly nothing about launch, at all.

Just Dance 2017 ? Project Sonic 2017 ?

I think they hope it'll be a launch title, but if NX gets delayed or they need more time for Zelda I imagine they'd rather have to announce another delay.

brainpann

Just a theory, but Id bet money that Nintendo will announce the NX right before the PSVR launches, then continue to push out advertising, pr, etc hard throughout the holidays to detract from PS4K. If they want to maximize thunder stealing and make sure the NX has a successful launch in March, theyre going to need to be especially strategic and go balls out.

if the nx even launches in March

Just a theory, but Id bet money that Nintendo will announce the NX right before the PSVR launches, then continue to push out advertising, pr, etc hard throughout the holidays to detract from PS4K. If they want to maximize thunder stealing and make sure the NX has a successful launch in March, theyre going to need to be especially strategic and go balls out.

I don't see why Nintendo would care about PSVR. There's pretty much no hype for VR. VR was never going to take off. It's not completion to NX. They need a big grand reveal be it second or third week of October.

From there they can have updates on games they showed as we get closer to March. They can do atleast two more Nintendo Directs-December and February. Have kiosks in stores during the holiday season for people to play. Have a commercial at the Super Bowl and all big events.

I really doubt Nintendo cares at all about having to out-compete either PSVR or specifically PS4 Pro.

The target to beat is PS4 broadly.

brainpann

I really doubt Nintendo cares at all about having to out-compete either PSVR or specifically PS4 Pro.

The target to beat is PS4 broadly.

That's exactky the point. I agree Nintendo couldnt care less about VR but Sony does and Sony will be using PS VR to sell more PS4s. Its the same reason Nintendo made a big production of being at the Apple even-to steal Sony's thunder on the PS4K reveal. Im not going to argue whether or not is was nessecary because Sony's reveal was lackluster but it was a smart play by Nintendo.

The big picture is PS4- not PSVR.

Kyzer

Banned
That's exactky the point. I agree Nintendo couldnt care less about VR but Sony does and Sony will be using PS VR to sell more PS4s. Its the same reason Nintendo made a big production of being at the Apple even-to steal Sony's thunder on the PS4K reveal. Im not going to argue whether or not is was nessecary because Sony's reveal was lackluster but it was a smart play by Nintendo.

I really doubt Mario at the Apple event was all just to steal PS4k thunder...

I highly doubt it had anything to do with the PS4 Pro event like you said.

Apple conference gets a big viewing and this is Nintendos mascot character. They had this deal worked out with Apple a long time ago and they made the right decision for themselves. They don't care about Sony lol. Seriously, stop making it sound like decisions Nintendo makes is to counter Sony because they don't give a damn.

That's exactky the point. I agree Nintendo couldnt care less about VR but Sony does and Sony will be using PS VR to sell more PS4s.

This only matters if PSVR will actually make a big enough splash with the mass market to threaten NX market share.

I have very strong doubts that it will come anywhere close to doing so.

Its the same reason Nintendo made a big production of being at the Apple even-to steal Sony's thunder on the PS4K reveal. Im not going to argue whether or not is was nessecary because Sony's reveal was lackluster but it was a smart play by Nintendo.

Nintendo bringing Mario to an Apple event (and Niantic bringing Pokemon Go) was a symbolically important move even if PS4 Pro didn't exist at all.

Mario is a huge symbol for the direction Nintendo is going.

brainpann

Obviously not- it was to sell their app as well. But why wouldnt they do both? It would be short sighted not to.

It's like this. You have 2 restaurants on the same street. One sells curry and one sells pizza. Just because they have differing menu's doesnt me they arent in competition with each other.

Edit-on my phone but really amazed at how many people here that think Nintendo isnt accutely aware of what Sony does and their success doing it.

Obviously not- it was to sell their app as well. But why wouldnt they do both? It would be short sighted not to.

It's like this. You have 2 restaurants on the same street. One sells curry and one sells pizza. Just because they have differing menu's doesnt me they arent in competition with each other.

I'd be very surprised if Nintendo wasn't invited to the Apple conference before Sony ever announced the PS4 Pro event.

brainpann

This only matters if PSVR will actually make a big enough splash with the mass market to threaten NX market share.

I have very strong doubts that it will come anywhere close to doing so.

Nintendo bringing Mario to an Apple event (and Niantic bringing Pokemon Go) was a symbolically important move even if PS4 Pro didn't exist at all.

Mario is a huge symbol for the direction Nintendo is going.

It matters because that is what Sony is pushing this holiday. It matters because Nintendo wants to be relevant and capture mindshare.

I'd be very surprised if Nintendo wasn't invited to the Apple conference before Sony ever announced the PS4 Pro event.

Maybe they were but Nintendo, like any good company would have been, was very aware of the timing.

Maybe they were but Nintendo, like any good company would have been, was very aware of the timing.

Yeah of course they're aware of events but your post claimed they went to the apple event "to steal Sony's thunder on the PS4K reveal":

Its the same reason Nintendo made a big production of being at the Apple even-to steal Sony's thunder on the PS4K reveal.

Which is incredibly unlikely. It couldn't have possibly been anywhere close to the main reason they went, which was to showcase their dedication to their mobile initiative. That's what people are disagreeing with you about.

brainpann

Nintendo's strategy is to win customers over, not to beat a Sony product. That is a war not worth fighting for them.

Whaat? Of course they're competing with the PS4. Just because they arent competing on a hardware level doesnt mean they arent competing with the PS4 in the grand scheme of things.

Which is incredibly unlikely. It couldn't have possibly been anywhere close to the main reason they went, which was to showcase their dedication to their mobile initiative. That's what people are disagreeing with you about.

That's fine-all im saying is that Nintendo made the most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom