• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does kinda seem like Nintendo decided to do NES mini and Famicon mini PR for Sept at the last min. right at the end of the month.

They were gonna do NX reveal but once it got delayed to Oct., they pushed up NES mini stuff.

So Oct can be NX reveal month, and last bit of info on Pokemon

I think it's safe to say NX was supposed to be revealed this month and got pushed to October

SlN9VoY.png

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Don't you mean the Nintendo DS?
That's the greatest Nintendo handheld ever made. I keep changing my mind over whether it was or wasn't the best handheld of its generation though. Very tough to pick between DS and PSP. They both excelled in different areas. Complimented each other very well. But regardless my love for Vita is unrivalled in handheld gaming. In an ideal world it would have shattered sales records and would have continued to have everything major first and third party support. But nevertheless, that indie lineup made it handheld gaming heaven.

BY2K

Membero Americo
If the NX reveal gets announced and I don't see any Simpsons gif in that thread I'm gonna be VERY disappointed.

If the NX reveal gets announced and I don't see any Simpsons gif in that thread I'm gonna be VERY disappointed.

If they don't make some sort of Simpsons joke in the actual reveal, I'll be pretty disappointed. Which means I'll be pretty disappointed, since there's no way they'd do that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Why do you guys think I'm so passionate, excited and hopeful for NX? Because I have to be. Because Sony aren't releasing another handheld. So I have to believe Nintendo will be that last stand for handheld gaming gets from here. I have to believe that NX will be a worthy Vita successor. I have no choice. It's all or nothing.

hatchx

Banned
This thread has become the new area for us to go crazy hasn't it?

Every time I check neogaf I hope there is some news of an NX reveal or Nintendo Direct. Goddamnit, and every time it's just more craziness.

I don't know how much longer I can bear it.

L Thammy

You've been playing at Nintendo "blowing us all away" for some time probably because you don't want to current rumors to be true.

The basis for your arguments seem to be that only Nintendo has the real information. The problem is, the moment Nintendo lets other people develop for the console (as in, send out dev kits) they no longer have all the information locked up. Sure, Nintendo could put out fake leaks but I doubt that's their MO. More than likely, our current knowledge of the NX is based on people who have seen/heard/used the dev kits and not just random speculation.

Desperately trying to cast doubt on information they don't like seems to be their shtick.

Saoshyant

Great handhelds have God tier libraries even without first party support.

Well, yeah, but enough about the 3DS; those guys were talking about the Vita.

And we should be talking about the NX anyway. Maybe? The only surprise to me is the conservative number of (if true) 10m units annually. It doesn't seem like they are betting it will be a system everyone and their dog will own. In fact, it seems like they are betting on 3DS numbers, at least at first.

I was told by GAF insiders that the NX would be revealed this month. Less than 10 hours of September remain. Reveal within 10 hours imminent right #TeamSeptemberReveal?

Sadist

Well, yeah, but enough about the 3DS; those guys were talking about the Vita.

And we should be talking about the NX anyway. Maybe? The only surprise to me is the safe number of (if true) 10m units annually. It doesn't seem like they are betting it will be a system everyone and their dog will own. In fact, it seems like they are betting on 3DS numbers, at least at first.
After Wii U Nintendo doesn't want another situation where they have to sit on a lot of hardware they can't sell. If the NX sells they can always up the production.

This thread has become the new area for us to go crazy hasn't it?

Every time I check neogaf I hope there is some news of an NX reveal or Nintendo Direct. Goddamnit, and every time it's just more craziness.

I don't know how much longer I can bear it.
There's nothing left to talk about. We've beaten everything to death already. All we can do is wait for Nintendo.

cacildo

Why do you guys think I'm so passionate, excited and hopeful for NX? Because I have to be. Because Sony aren't releasing another handheld. So I have to believe Nintendo will be that last stand for handheld gaming gets from here. I have to believe that NX will be a worthy Vita successor. I have no choice. It's all or nothing.

Its not just that....
The thing is... videogames arent exactly going very well right now
Every new release is a disappointment. The last game people really liked was The Witcher 3. And A LOT of highly hyped games have come out after this

On the other side...
Life itself isnt exactly going very well right now.
I dont know for sure about your country but mine is almost bursting into flames.
From what i see in the news, pessimism on economy and politics is the new rule around the globe

On the OTHER side...
Even consumerism isnt too hot right now
People arent excited about new iphones
Every new phone is the same
And most companies spend the last few years investing in phones, so...
Also, music, movies... not exactly booming right now
I mean, there is Rogue One right around the corner, but judging by the other highly antecipated movies of the year, it may just flop.

So, NX it is. The last one.

I really dobt judge the guy that came on this thread and said "The NX is the only good thing in my life"

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
don't you mean any other handheld that is not the vita?

sonic 2 game gear > the entire vita library
Ah Game Gear. Another super underrated portable. Library wise, Game Gear was fucking great. Better than Game Boy for sure. Mainly because it had the entire Master System library on it.

Ah Master System. Second most underappreciated system of all time. Was Dethroned by the Vita.

Its not just that....
Every new release is a disappointment. The last game people really liked was The Witcher 3. And A LOT of highly hyped games have come out after this

On the other side...
I dont know for sure about your country but mine is almost bursting into flames.
From what i see in the news, pessimism on economy and politics is the new rule around the globe

On the OTHER side...
I mean, there is Rogue One right around the corner, but judging by the other highly antecipated movies of the year, it may just flop.

I really dobt judge the guy that came on this thread and said "The NX is the only good thing in my life"

Your Pyramid of Doom has three sides it seems.

But yeah I definitely feel ya, at least on the gaming/politics side of life. NX will hopefully be the breath of fresh air our politics needs.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Its not just that....

On the other side...

On the OTHER side...

This too. Gaming really is in a rut right now. I care about so little when it comes to gaming these days. Something new and exciting get needs to come along. I need something to be excited about.

georly

Ah Game Gear. Another super underrated portable. Library wise, Game Gear was fucking great. Better than Game Boy for sure. Mainly because it had the entire Master System library on it.

Ah Master System. Second most underappreciated system of all time. Was Dethroned by the Vita.

I've met you. Finally. The person who has the complete opposite taste in video games from me.

Nice to meet you, person who likes games I do not.

Anth0ny

I always have a hard time ranking portables

they kinda all suck. but they all have gems, too.

does gameboy and gameboy color count as one

Peltz

Doesn't mean it will be..

I really hope they'll have some surprises for the reveal.

Indeed, but previous launch window lineups have been lacking.

Wii was completely barren (besides Zelda) for two years and Wii U software still wasn't even close to being ready for launch. I hope the device itself is exciting enough to convince people to buy it even for ports.

Yes it's definitely a concern. But this time there are some definite mitigating circumstances.

1. In those last two dry years of the Wii, Nintendo was preparing for, and supporting the 3DS launch at the same time it was getting software ready for the Wii U launch window and beyond.

2. While in that window of time as well, Nintendo had to endure the transition from SD to HD development and found itself unprepared for the increased workload per title. Theoretically, now, in contrast to then, Nintendo having many HD titles under its belt should have solid engines that can power the development of their games on (NX which we've heard is 3 or so times more powerful than a Wii U).

3. Finally, Nintendo is unlikely to tie up too many resources in designing smartphone games. Even if they prove to play brilliantly, games in the future like Mario Runner and Pokemon go don't appear to be very labor intensive as much as 3DS games were which really took large teams away from Wii U development.

Now, all the major teams are likely on NX projects and have experience with their engines with the exception of a select few studios. Although history may repeat with a poor launch window (this is after all, Nintendo) they also could be lining up their resources and projects nicely. We really don't know.

The only thing consistent with Nintendo is that they are totally unpredictable. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom