• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirty Bomb open beta thread

Remmy2112

What causes an image of a menu to get stuck on your screen while playing? Once I had a transparent image of the featured merc Aura dominating the right side of my screen for an entire game and another time the options menu. It is rather annoying when it happens.

All this talk of credits being hard to earn is rubbish. I just got a solid 5k credits in about an hour of gameplay, not including breaks or lobby time. Between the 3 daily bonus and missions... then the missions resetting (I didn't even complete 2 of the remaining, and they'd be done 2 short objective matches).

5k credits is 10% towards a higher priced merc. I also earned about 4-5 cases. Right now I am sitting with at least 21 cases waiting for stoker to release. And I believe they are adding a way to quickly open multiple cases to be less time consuming.

I'd say it is not difficult to maintain about 90-100 credits per hour. This makes earning 50k credits take about 8ish hours. I don't think that is unreasonable for a f2p, for new content which is also premium priced for being new. And that is not counting all the cases you earn along the way.

Paertan

I try to keep servers at 6v6 maximum.

I prefer them as well. More players aint always a good thing.

About the credits. I don't know. Seems ok. I would like to earn credits a bit faster but it is not game breaking slow progress. I mean they have to earn money somehow.

That doesn't add up. I think you got a number wrong there. Although I agree that getting 50k isn't extremely time consuming, I think it is more like 10 hours.

I used 100 credits per minute as a baseline since in my first 30 minutes I had earned roughly 3k. This of course will be less the more you play in a single day and depending on when the missions refresh. So sure, there will be a lot of variance that adds time. Then again, at the same time you might get missions that are 3 stars and you'll get more credits from those.

Is there a non-steam client?

Nope. All steam. There used to be a nexon game cleint... thank god they went all in on steam.

Helznicht

Tried this last night, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Not something i will play daily, but a couple times a week is liklely. To me it feels more like TF-Quake than TF2, which is a plus for me (I dont play TF2, at all).

Since I am an older gamer now, twitch reflexes leave a little bit to be desired. So I will be interested to try the sniper and engineer classes. I am playing almost only medic now. So support and slower for me. For me, its going to come down to if I can get enough credits to get those class cards before I tire of the game. I surely wont put any money into it before I get to try out my preferred classes. Plus Overwatch is on the horizion, which seems to play a bit slower and maybe more my speed.

Spent my first 50k on nader because spamming grenades in hallways and getting martydom kills sounds like my kind of gameplay. Considered getting Bushwhacker since I don't have an engineer and in many of the lower level games I play nobody has an engineer.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Spent my first 50k on nader because spamming grenades in hallways and getting martydom kills sounds like my kind of gameplay. Considered getting Bushwhacker since I don't have an engineer and in many of the lower level games I play nobody has an engineer.

I went Bushwhacker and boy do I suck at turret placement. I need to get more used to his style and figure out where the good spots for those things are.

Grief.exe

That feel when Sawbonez is nearing the end of free rotation and you are still a few thousand credits short of buying him.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Anyone else have an issue with the interface being super laggy/slow, the game plays fine but at times it takes a couple of seconds of the UI to react to anything.

Grief.exe

3 games tonight, 3 losses in a row. So disheartening.

I was playing so well too, health packs everywhere, reviving the team like crazy, top points, 2.5-3 k/d each game, playing the objective.

Team was struggling though. I was playing by myself which, if Dota is any indication, means you will have 5 terrible teammates.

Miker

Yep, same thing here. I think it's just poorly designed.

I don't get why the main menu, which is white/yellow, is completely different from the pause menu, which is transparent/white. It's very inconsistent to have the same set of options presented so differently.

Kade

I'm willing to group up with people, pub or ranked doesn't matter.

quote to view profile page, send friend request, lets play... dirty

Sent.

Here's me. Just join on me whenever you see me playing or message me if I'm in game. I don't really have a lot of friends who play this so I might as well make some new ones!

derFeef

3 games tonight, 3 losses in a row. So disheartening.

I was playing so well too, health packs everywhere, reviving the team like crazy, top points, 2.5-3 k/d each game, playing the objective.

Team was struggling though. I was playing by myself which, if Dota is any indication, means you will have 5 terrible teammates.

I know this. It makes it a bit frustrating at times but reminds of of RTCW a lot, which had the same "problems". If your team struggles to get to the objective, it probably will not do so until the timer ends. I did not faced a "push through" moment yet in this game, which makes the whole objective play a bit static.

Did some experimenting with buying cases and trading up loadout cards. Sure, you can buy the bronze loadout of your choice for 17.5K credits, but you're never more than 11500 credits from the random bronze loadout for the character of your choice simply by buying cases. Even if you get only lead cards 9 of those can be turned into 3 iron which can be turned into 1 bronze. That's 9000 for the 9 cases plus a total of 2500 in trade up fees. Of course, buying that many cases there's the chance you'll get some Iron or higher loadouts shortening the total cost.

So with the cards I had earned from cases dropped while playing, plus about 12K credits spent on more I ended up with 2 bronze loadouts I traded up to and 1 silver that dropped randomly. Not bad for 5 hours of play time and zero money spent.

Did some experimenting with buying cases and trading up loadout cards. Sure, you can buy the bronze loadout of your choice for 17.5K credits, but you're never more than 11500 credits from the random bronze loadout for the character of your choice simply by buying cases. Even if you get only lead cards 9 of those can be turned into 3 iron which can be turned into 1 bronze. That's 9000 for the 9 cases plus a total of 2500 in trade up fees. Of course, buying that many cases there's the chance you'll get some Iron or higher loadouts shortening the total cost.

So with the cards I had earned from cases dropped while playing, plus about 12K credits spent on more I ended up with 2 bronze loadouts I traded up to and 1 silver that dropped randomly. Not bad for 5 hours of play time and zero money spent.

So far I've only resorted to buying 2 bronze loadout cards directly. I don't even think augments are that huge of a deal to be in a rush to get the very best (I guess there is no "best", but most appealing set of augments). I just wanted the timik 47 for skyhammer and the SMG for proxy.

The direct purchase is really not all that necessary imo since you get a lot of cases just from playing. I really haven't even bought any cases with credits.

My goal is to have at least one bronze card per character so I can have a little boost no matter which characters are free at any given time. I'm not picky about what's in the loadout. I can adapt to them. Once that's done I can start saving for individual characters I like.

Seems like the only reason to outright buy cards is to get the exact augments you want.

After getting Nader I crafted a bronze card and got the Hochfir that I wanted first time. The augments were flying pig, enigma and tough which seems like a good package for her but I didn't even think of optimising that. If I was buying one I would probably get the one that reduces damage from your own explosives.

Varvor

So i started to acrue bunch of Gold and one Cobalt card, sadly many of thrm (cobalt including) are not fitting my play style. Is there a way to scrap them or trade high tier cards? Or are there any plans to do that in future?

Taborcarn

I downloaded this and played a few games last night. It seemed pretty fun so far. I definitely did best as Sawbones, but had no idea at the time that charging the paddles would give more health.

mkenyon

Banned
btw

who is the guy on the left? Looking at the wiki, my only guess is Turtle, but no pic and info.
Yep.

MrBvmGo.png

http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/2093/guide-who-are-the-unreleased-mercs
So i started to acrue bunch of Gold and one Cobalt card, sadly many of thrm (cobalt including) are not fitting my play style. Is there a way to scrap them or trade high tier cards? Or are there any plans to do that in future?
Yeah, they're going to add steam trading functionality for all the loadout cards. There's also a really good chance they're adding the ability to trade gold cards up to Cobalt next week.

I gotta ask though, which cards did you get? I think there's only two cobalts per merc, and most of them are the good loadouts.

They're adding steam trading? Missed the confirmation then. People always asked them on the stream. I think they confirmed steam trading cards before.

Also thanks for that.

mkenyon

Banned
They're adding steam trading? Missed the confirmation then. People always asked them on the stream. I think they confirmed steam trading cards before.

Also thanks for that.
There's no word when the steam trading functionality will be added. The trade up for Cobalt was something leaked, through a wink wink type situation, I believe. It was convincing enough for Kudos to save all his credits from the last DirtyCups win so he can trade up his like 35+ gold cards though :p

Grief.exe

Yeah, they're going to add steam trading functionality for all the loadout cards. There's also a really good chance they're adding the ability to trade gold cards up to Cobalt next week.

I gotta ask though, which cards did you get? I think there's only two cobalts per merc, and most of them are the good loadouts.

That's huge, I'm glad they are adding that. Might see more Elite Case purchases if you cannot only trade your unnecessary winnings, but can also trade them up.

Hopefully Dirty Bomb will have a featured sale at one point during the upcoming Summer sale.

Just to make sure, was it specifially said the loadout cards would be traded or they just said steam trading cards? Big difference.

mkenyon

Banned
Just to make sure, was it specifially said the loadout cards would be traded or they just said steam trading cards? Big difference.
They specifically said they will add the ability to trade all of the loadout cards via Steam. Like, this is an essential function that they want to have in place. Just not yet.

I've heard this from Chefs, SD_Fenrir, Miss Murder, and some others.

Top Bottom