• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 5 Complete Releases May 23rd in US

zoku88

If I didn't already play this on ps4, I would get this. I was using my vita to remote play this game while doing item world stuff, but doing that on the switch seems like it would be better.

I wish there was at least one new scenerio or something. Oh well. Hopefully we get a D2 port with the improvements of 5 and new content.

D2 can't really get the improvements of 5, NIS obviously deliberately decided to go with a refined system more like 1/2 to emphasize that it's a sequel but that makes it mechanically incompatible with a lot of 5s streamlining. They could maybe steal a couple of things and graft them on but otherwise things are just way to different (DHD had a similar issue with borrowing from 3, which ended up being little more than stealing Magichange and Monster Bouncing). That said yes, I want a portable version of D2 a lot, the game is ridiculously grind heavy for the last 2 post game battles and would really benefit from being able to grind out a few item world floors on the bus etc.

Only played 3 here how's is this compared to it, I did enjoy my time with 3.

5 is obviously descended from 3 but like going from 2->3 4->5 has involved a major reworking, Defense is sort of viable in the post game again for example, and they've introduced a "points system" for evilities so having situations where one evility is clearly better than another has been reduced.

Top Bottom