• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Does this game have a full talent tree for just stealth/no kills? I hated in the first game that only like 1/4 of the upgrades were viable for a stealth/no kill play through.

A lot of Emily's powers can be used for stealth/non-lethal (Far Reach to yank enemies and choke them out, Mesmerize, Shadow Walk to take down enemies non-lethally, same with Domino and so on)

Matter of fact, the power upgrade trees are more expanded than in the first game.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
A lot of Emily's powers can be used for stealth/non-lethal (Far Reach to yank enemies and choke them out, Mesmerize, Shadow Walk to take down enemies non-lethally, same with Domino and so on)

Matter of fact, the power upgrade trees are more expanded than in the first game.

Wait, I thought Emily was a more combat-focused character? Which character has the more compelling talent tree for stealth/non-lethal?

Corpekata

Banned
The Far Reach item pull upgrade is very useful for stealth runs. Early on there's a few Overseers preaching to a crowd, and like 3 noteworthy items right near them. Far reach lets you pluck them all without even having to engage.

Jocund

People playing on a standard PS4; is performance really awful, or is it pretty playable? I'm a little worried about this, haha
I think it's fine. There are noticeable drops at moments, but they are infrequent. The game typically hovers around 30 frames, I believe. If you're not sensitive to frame rate it's not a bad deal. If you are, though, it's probably best to wait for a couple more patches. I'm on Unprofessional PS4.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Both characters can be used for stealth/non-lethal.

Am I looking at the same talent tree for Corvo as I saw in the first game? 3/4 of his talents were lethal in the first game. Does his daughter have more stealth/non-lethal talents?

Am I looking at the same talent tree for Corvo as I saw in the first game? 3/4 of his talents were lethal. Does his daughter have more stealth/non-lethal talents?

Corvo's powers has been expanded upon. For example, Blink can be upgraded to Daud's Blink where time stops as you aim.

Emily's powers, as I said before, both has lethal and non-lethal applications. If you want to yank enemies with Far Reach and chock them out, you can. Want to make a distraction with Doppleganger or Mesmerize? You can. Take down enemies non-lethally with Shadow Walk and Domino? Absolutely.

Tovarisc

The Far Reach item pull upgrade is very useful for stealth runs. Early on there's a few Overseers preaching to a crowd, and like 3 noteworthy items right near them. Far reach lets you pluck them all without even having to engage.

I just walked next to the those guys, looted stuff off of the table and walked away. They didn't see or hear anything.

Dantero

Wow, it's like I'm playing mass effect 3 all over again.
Second mission spoilers:
One of the first characters you met in that was: minority, gay, crying, lover kidnapped(if I remember right)
And in this: minority, crippled, crying, lover kidnapped
Also is it just me or is Wyman's gender never specified? Maybe I missed it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Corvo's powers has been expanded upon. For example, Blink can be upgraded to Daud's Blink where time stops as you aim.

Emily's powers, as I said before, both has lethal and non-lethal applications. If you want to yank enemies with Far Reach and chock them out, you can. Want to make a distraction with Doppleganger or Mesmerize? You can. Take down enemies non-lethally with Shadow Walk and Domino? Absolutely.

Is there a consensus on which character has the more compelling talent tree for non-lethal stealth?

Tovarisc

Does guards finding knocked out buddies ruin 100% stealth achievement run? Game doesn't seem to track spotted "bodies", but still makes me nervous.

Second mission spoilers:
One of the first characters you met in that was: minority, gay, crying, lover kidnapped(if I remember right)
What a weird observation to make. Like, what are you even saying?

Dantero

What a weird observation to make. Like, what are you even saying?

Is it weird? It's rare to see some of those characteristics in a game and these two games have almost all of them mashed into one of the first characters you meet.
My first thought actually was more along the lines of: like in ME3 they immediately give you conclusions on all the characters you met in the other games(s).
In ME3 I thought it felt a little too forced.
Not sure about this game yet. Just sharing my first impressions, that's all.

Vic_Viper

I have this preordered at GameStop, I should be able to go pick this up today right? Considering picking it up omw to work but don't want to bother if I'm not able to get it.

I'm so glad that I can do aerial takedowns now non-lethally, cause they're so satisfying!

dishonored_2_death_from_above_non_lethal_by_digi_matrix-dajre87.gif

Truant

Second mission spoilers:

What?

Dantero

Ya althought its questionable, how im not killing these people

You also don't make any noise doing them. Really nice to have these, though. Definitely one of the things I wanted to do in the first game.
Edit: Kind of annoying that you don't go into crouch if you were crouching before the takedown. Got me caught the first time I tried it.

thenexus6

People playing on a standard PS4; is performance really awful, or is it pretty playable? I'm a little worried about this, haha

It's very playable so far, not noticed many hitches yet. Most annoying thing so far is just some graphical oddities but gameplay wise i've had a smooth time.

Mifec

Jindosh Lock without any help was really fun to map out. Friend streamed for us and we competed who gets the right answer first.

Jito

Banned
I can't tell if I'm disliking here is the art style or the tech. Those bricks on the column there look like they've been run through a photoshop painter filter.

That's just the art style of the game, it's made to look like a painting. Have you never seen Dishonored before? I find it hard to believe people still are harping on about the art style, it looks fantastic.

Really enjoying what I've played so far. It's more Dishonored so far which is great, large wide open level design with loads of routes to take, a wealth of options to use to take down or bypass guards and the new setting is really interesting.

A-V-B

That's just the art style of the game, it's made to look like a painting. Have you never seen Dishonored before? I find it hard to believe people still are harping on about the art style, it looks fantastic.

Don't get me wrong. I think Dishonored 1's art style is fantastic.

But something about that screenshot makes 2's style look cheap. I can't put my finger on it, and it would probably take an industry professional to explain what's going on.

Wanderer5

Something to keep in mind, for anyone doing a ghost run, is that the guards seeing your clone will count as being seen. Make sense really, being that it still you even if it a clone heh. So mesmerize is the way to go for distractions while staying as a ghost.

Takuhi

First-time Dishonored player here...

I bought the LE because I was excited to play Dishonored 2, and my plan was to do that and get around to Dishonored 1 eventually. But should I put it aside and force myself to play through Dishonored 1 first for story reasons?

Dantero

First-time Dishonored player here...

I bought the LE because I was excited to play Dishonored 2, and my plan was to do that and get around to Dishonored 1 eventually. But should I put it aside and force myself to play through Dishonored 1 first for story reasons?

Play the first game. They're very, very similar, at least as far as I've gotten. If you bought it on pc I'd recommend it even more, unless you don't mind performance issues.

So far so good. I'm not very far (a mission and a half - 45 minutes?) but I'm impressed like I was with the first one. It's going to be great, I'm sure of it.

I'm Emily, who's been really good so far. I like her form of teleportation for lack of a better term.

Top Bottom