• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Channel Presents Gravity Falls |OT| Awesome new animated show

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've become your father was probably the best bit. I can agree about Wendy, it did seem like a stretch to have her act totally obnoxious to Mabel, but ehhhh.

New episodes soon, YAY!

New episode preview was seen. Episode airs march 1st

YouTube promo up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rARqH0m-zcs

Looks interesting...Giant pinball machine makes me think of the end of
Twisted Metal 2012
. Also, maybe a return of the
grappling hook?

Remember, the ad says march 1, but on demand gets it this Friday (2/22/12).

Also, voting has begun on We Love Fine's GF contest:

https://www.welovefine.com/vote.php?id_contest=29

Remember, the more you vote, the more money your favorites can earn if selected...

Loved the episode. Freaking hilarious. Also, I thought that Wendy was acting completely in character. She wasnt being a jerk, she was just being her usual slacker self.

Silkworm

Finally a new episode (new to me). Boss Mabel was pretty funny and I loved seeing Grunkle Stan let loose his greediness on that game show (must get naked for the money shower!). Also poor Soos in that question mark outfit. :-D Thank-goodness for that dot! Also Mabel with the 80s shoulder pads was great!

The show is finally back on air!

My fiancee and I broke out the Cava and drank in celebration while watching. Good times.

Glad to see their are airing new episodes each week as well. :)

FillerB

Any reason why these long breaks between the episodes? Like 3-4 weeks now.

Disney Channel. Even superpopular shows like Phineas & Ferb have regular long extended breaks between episodes.

EDIT:
Off-Topic and all that, but does anyone know why Jediyoshi is banned? Normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid as people get banned all the time but even his site with HD screencaps from previous episodes seems to be blacklisted. (link to one of his posts). Is the site distributing a virus or something?

GRW810

Completely forgot there was a new episode last week. Means I've got two to watch this week. Glad they stopped the stupid hiatuses for now, at least.

Neogaf makes its debut on Gravity Falls. Well...close enough.

v2ZwN1D.png

should ask alex what does the high score mean at least gaff and see if he mentions neogaf ;P (via twitter)

I have already seen the episode. It is from the upcoming "Bottomless Pit" episode in which everybody in the shack fall into a, you guessed it, bottomless pit. Since they have a lot of time to kill falling inside of it they they all swap stories. This capture is from one that takes place inside of a pinball machine.

I have already seen the episode. It is from the upcoming "Bottomless Pit" episode in which everybody in the shack fall into a, you guessed it, bottomless pit. Since they have a lot of time to kill falling inside of it they they all swap stories. This capture is from one that takes place inside of a pinball machine.

no i saw it. was hoping the names on the high score were random or something which meant something.

mega-man-maverick-hunter-x-20051109103241113.jpg

Major spoilers below! It seemed that a synopsis of the rest of the season has leaked, especially when compared to the promo that aired tonight as well as the descriptions on the on demand sites, it kinda seems legit. (weren't there supposed to be 21 episodes?)

EDIT - list confirmed to be BS.
Fuckin' tumblr
. Carry on.

Also, heads up, but in seems after the next new episode on the 15th, there will be a 3 week hiatus before ep. 16.

Neogaf makes its debut on Gravity Falls. Well...close enough.

v2ZwN1D.png

How did I miss this? Let me know if he answers on twitter !

Also, new trailer up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pjwCUdexQ

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the head lifeguard
the same guy with the white shorts that was chasing Dipper in the first story of Bottomless Pit? It seems like all of the adult secondary characters are barbums, huh?

The new episode is incredibly funny. I cried when Grunkle Stan said
"What seems to be the problem, officers ?" with the bear driving behind him. Priceless.

FillerB

The new episode is incredibly funny. I cried when Grunkle Stan said
"What seems to be the problem, officers ?" with the bear driving behind him. Priceless.

Stan doing
his taxes
and Dipper's reaction to it was what cracked me up.

TimmiT

Looks interesting...Giant pinball machine makes me think of the end of
Twisted Metal 2012

Please don't tag spoilers like that. This way I have no idea what the spoiler is for unless I look at what it is. :/

Anyway, another great episode. Loved seeing the "episodes within an episode" format with this show.

This show never seems to be on when I'm not working. Of course, there were episodes airing when I was getting ready for work, so I couldn't watch them entirely. I did catch a Twin Peaks reference in the form of a club (or something) furnished in a very similar way to the "red room". It even had the back and white zig-zag flooring.

This show never seems to be on when I'm not working. Of course, there were episodes airing when I was getting ready for work, so I couldn't watch them entirely. I did catch a Twin Peaks reference in the form of a club (or something) furnished in a very similar way to the "red room". It even had the back and white zig-zag flooring.

I know a lot of GAFers have been trying to put up with Disneys weird ass scheduling of the show. Use this schedule page to help:

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/gravity-falls/EP01566290

Nice Wallace avatar btw

Also, cause I'm bored, reposting some gifs here:

tumblr_mj3nvqhI3V1rwsd7jo1_500.gif

xQ9UW7B.gif

Ok, guys, just watched the new episode from on demand...it's probably one of the shows best.

First, it turns out that the spoiler I posted earlier this week was only half correct
so no Manly Dan kicking the shit out of Stan...

In the scenes with the
mer-boy
, Mabel pretty much steals the show (as always). It was actually sweet to see her get a romance
that doesn't turn horribly awry.

As for Dipper, his scenario kinda shares a theme to that of Time Travelers Pig, in which yeah,
he does have a great time with Wendy, (Wendy redeemed in this episode, but fuck is her new boss creepy) in which is jeopardized by Mabel guilt tripping him, again;
the only difference this time around is that
he actually gets a little bit of justice/karma at the end for doing the right thing, despite being dragged thru the dirt along the way (reverse CPR)

Hope you guys check it out next friday; totally worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom